New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Star Power IV: Boldly Bolding Where No Man Has Bolded Before!

Posted for Posterity

I wonder if this issue is more exciting read as a single dead-tree copy? Frankly, I can't see how it would be -- the action is disjointed and nothing is being accomplished at an astoundingly slow rate
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Colossus in the Playground

All I know is, danica can fly through spaceships, and she just got rammed by a flying harley. Also yes, it makes sense that a shield created from some sort of light based power has an easier time blocking weaponry based on lasers and energy. Stop acting so shocked. Remember the robots that physically clawed through your shield AND you?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Why is there a problem with agreeing on that the new Superman outfit is a horrible mistake?
    ...and, as I indicated, if I were a betting man I'd say he probably hasn't actually bought a Superman comic - and maybe not even a print comic - in years. I realize there are people that disagree with me on this, but IN MY OPINION if you aren't voting (with your money in this case) you have limited right to complain in that tone when things change. You certainly have the right to have an opinion and express it, don't get me wrong. In fact that's part of the reason DC is making such desperate changes - people *have* been voting with their money by going elsewhere. I know I'm probably going to be discontinuing a few titles soon myself. I have to wonder if they realize how desperate the changes look, though, but that's a rant for another thread.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Well, at least Danica no longer explicitly has the upper hand. I still don't believe for one second that anything bad is actually going to happen to her, but at least she's not still just walking all over everything.

Still would be nice if we had some plot motion, though. This entire issue has felt even more pointless than usual.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

5. - Top - End - #1175

I just want some freaking justification for this. She flew through a freaking armada of fighter craft and battleships and whupped all of the butt there was. So why is this one man harley with guns giving her such trouble? Is mookie just a lobo fan or something? Seriously, if he wants us to believe this is a tough fight, have him at least tell us why.

Porkchop "AHA! My personalized wyvern has enough armor to plow through starships and come out without a scratch! Your beam spam is meaningless against it!"

Something along those lines. Normally we complain show dont tell, but what he is showing us makes no sense! Show us his specialized craft dwarfing the others in size, show it plowing through something, like say, taking out the craft the federation is planning to use to escape. Give us a reason to believe its capable of being more than a speedbump. Right now its like showing us a mouse beating up an elephant. Yeah we can see it happening, but it makes no sense!

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't her wildly fluctuating powers that haven't flucuated in five minutes or so explanation enough?

This is the first time I've been able to see Danica's irises in superstar mode, though looking back there are hints of them in previous strips (e.g. last panel of http://www.starpowercomic.com/dragons-of-battle/). It's a nice artistic touch.
    Last edited by Kornaki; 2015-07-04 at 03:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Ephemera Danica is a mayfly. Does anyone think that's a deliberate choice, or is it just a coincidence?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Ephemera Danica is a mayfly. Does anyone think that's a deliberate choice, or is it just a coincidence?
    What analogies can be drawn between the mayfly and our erstwhile heroine? Beyond the fact that mayflies live for a day, and we wish Danica would die every day.
    Last edited by Kornaki; 2015-07-04 at 04:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

Update

Is this supposed to be a tie, or at least a dangerous victory?

That's what I get from the news post, but both the visuals and the sound effects of "thud" vs "KABOOM" seem to disagree.

It's not like a think Bore-Boar is dead, but it's a clear unsurprising victory.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

The problem with the "clear" victory is it should have been much easier... Yes, Piggy should be dead but certainly is not, however, Danica took away far more damage than is reasonable. Probably Bill will show up out of nowhere next and threaten her again... Let's hope not.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

11. - Top - End - #1181

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    The problem with the "clear" victory is it should have been much easier... Yes, Piggy should be dead but certainly is not, however, Danica took away far more damage than is reasonable. Probably Bill will show up out of nowhere next and threaten her again... Let's hope not.
    I still dont see a single mark on danica. So as far as damage goes, its probably like she got sucker punched in the gut. Hurts but she will be fine after the obligatory grimacing and mumbling ow to herself. And yeah, since we dont see roarboar, genre convention says he is basically totally unhurt. There are two main options. Next comic he pushes himself out of the wreckage of his bike, or he will appear on screen screaming at danica about whatever and the final fight will happen.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Update

No, wait, THIS is the update.

Easy to be confused, in both scenes we had almost the same people talking about their plan to get away, BHB coming out of nowhere and hears them, and then shoots a grenade.

Can we just read the same pages again and finish this issue?

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

First question; Why did they send a bunch of guys on foot to capture s space ship when they have vehicles that can assault said ship from the air? Second question; Why is the pilot of said space ship just sitting there instead of flying away so that he would not be in danger of the idiots who are trying to attack his ship on foot? Not sure who the bigger idiots are; the idiots who thought that assault plan would work, or the idiot who is ALLOWING their stupid plan of attack to work by not using the minimal effort to resist them.

14. - Top - End - #1184

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    First question; Why did they send a bunch of guys on foot to capture s space ship when they have vehicles that can assault said ship from the air? Second question; Why is the pilot of said space ship just sitting there instead of flying away so that he would not be in danger of the idiots who are trying to attack his ship on foot? Not sure who the bigger idiots are; the idiots who thought that assault plan would work, or the idiot who is ALLOWING their stupid plan of attack to work by not using the minimal effort to resist them.
    Well, Danica has blown up every flying vehicle the dragonlords have, the pilot isnt going to abandon them, and if he has made it so they cant get inside, its safe enough to sit there and wait. Its also possible there is no pilot inside there atm, everyone left to take part in the "rescue" If we get closer and hear a car alarm from the dragonlords banging on the hatch to get in, we will know that was the case.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well, Danica has blown up every flying vehicle the dragonlords have, the pilot isnt going to abandon them, and if he has made it so they cant get inside, its safe enough to sit there and wait. Its also possible there is no pilot inside there atm, everyone left to take part in the "rescue" If we get closer and hear a car alarm from the dragonlords banging on the hatch to get in, we will know that was the case.
    They sent that team to capture the ship before danica and the rest showed up, and Porkchop wanted the pilot killed. The team could have used their wyvern's to assault the ship, but instead went on foot. As for the pilot, he would not have to abandon anyone; merely flying upward a few dozen feet is all it would take to put him out of reach of the idiots trying to attack his flying space ship on foot.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

I've officially lost track of what the hell is supposed to be going on. We won't even talk about when I lost track of WHY anything is supposed to be happening, but at this point, I can't tell what's actually happening at all.

Does anyone know what's actually happening? I won't ask if anyone cares.
    Last edited by Zaq; 2015-07-08 at 11:28 AM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I've officially lost track of what the hell is supposed to be going on. We won't even talk about when I lost track of WHY anything is supposed to be happening, but at this point, I can't tell what's actually happening at all.

Danica got shot by boarbreath.

Everyone else is being shot by Bad Breath Bill.

The geography doesn't matter much, as danica can just fly and appear anywhere.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    Danica got shot by boarbreath.

Everyone else is being shot by Bad Breath Bill.

The geography doesn't matter much, as danica can just fly and appear anywhere.
    When you put it that way, I wonder if Mookie planned this scene by playing it out in Mutants & Masterminds (freaking speed/flight ranks, man).

I don't think he did, but I do think he would.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll give the short version: Everyone is stupid.

The dragon boar rider group tried to conquer the universe by starting a needless fight in this remote planet because ???

The federation thought a group of 3 cops is enough to handle a hostage situation because ???

The science group thought that an extra 3 less trained people will make a difference because ???

BHB keeps trying to kill random people instead of anything else since his plan is to ???

Did I miss anything?

EDIT: Of course, I forgot the void angel trio that preferred to shoot the only people who aren't trying to kill them because ???
    Last edited by random11; 2015-07-09 at 04:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Roarboar slaughter the old Alpha Prime
    thinking it his time to shine.
    Since Black Hole Bill had evaded pursuit,
    Roarboar made him a new recruit
    in his war against Galactic Defense.
    This was a move that made no sense
    as Black Hole Bill has no skill
    and never once an on-screen kill.

Roarboar had an emergency stash
    of ammunition, weapons and cash
    in a place not to far
    from a semi-empty bar.

The occupants numbered four,
    three void angels and one more.
    The Bartender who owned the place
    was, to Roarboar, an unfamiliar face.

So Black Hole Bill shot her in the chest,
    but was foiled by a bulletproof vest.*
    With a button and old Morse Code,
    she called the law and an alien toad.

The law sent in a rescue team,
    who were greeted with laser beams.
    Their ship went down in a blaze of glory,
    but this is Silver Age, so it wasn't gory.

Thus Kaylo knew he had to rescue them,
    without fear he charged right in.
    Because the purple lass whose name I can't recall
    had a sniper rifle with which to murder stun them all.

Alas, his plan would end in failure,
    for Black Hole Bill was around somewhere.
    In his presence the sniper lost control
    because he had earned her vitriol.

So Danica plunged into a Solar Flare
    to charge her batteries and fly there.
    But this put her powers on the blink,
    first they would grow; then they'd shrink.

The Void Angels quickly turned traitor.
    The reason? Star Power-- they hate her.
    They took to the skies as angry men,
    and were immediately forgotten.

A brand new Star Power Sentinel called
    Danica and her power problems resolved.
    This guy made everything right
    and put Danica back in the fight.

Kaylo's ship was reduced to shrapnel,
    we guess... it kinda happened off-panel.
    But this alien crew knew what to do:
    regroup at Rescue Ship No. 2.

Danica beat the Dragon Lords all,
    Except for Roarboar who refused to fall.
    His vehicle's stalwart masculinity
    put a quick end to Danica's ferocity.

In the end it was a stalemate,
    not even close to a checkmate.
    Each knocked the other out of the air
    But Danica's none the worse for wear.

Now, Black Hole Bill yearns for Squid.
    (For Purple to kill him Squid did forbid.)
    Since Purple's out of ammunition,
    Black Hole Bill wants to finish his mission.

Physical weapons are Bill's stock in trade.
    He fired at them a rocket-propelled grenade.
    What happens next, I couldn't say.
    There was not updated page today.

Which leaves this situation unresolved,
    we won't know the fate of those involved
    until tomorrow at the proper hour
    and we get to see this new Star Power.

* She wore a bullet-proof vest in an age where everyone else uses lasers. Think about it. Mookie didn't.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2015-07-09 at 05:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post

* She wore a bullet-proof vest in an age where everyone else uses lasers. Think about it. Mookie didn't.

Considering it worked and saved her life, I am going to say it wasnt a bad idea.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Considering it worked and saved her life, I am going to say it wasnt a bad idea.
    Plus, bullets might be still used. They might be cheaper, or simply easier to get ahold of in the ass end of nowhere. Or, it's more generic physical armour, which would be useful when people are likely to shank you.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

This is why you set grenades for "Impact" and not "Friendly Fire"

At least these shenanigans are finally wrapping up. Goodness, but that was a lot of nothing happening to get through

EDIT: Also, it looks like we get a nice three week break to rest up before the next batch of nothing happening comes around
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2015-07-10 at 12:10 AM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    This is why you set grenades for "Impact" and not "Friendly Fire"

At least these shenanigans are finally wrapping up. Goodness, but that was a lot of nothing happening to get through

EDIT: Also, it looks like we get a nice three week break to rest up before the next batch of nothing happening comes around
    I always enjoy a break from Mookie

Also: headache? Bill is human, right? Last time I checked humans died when their head got smashed. Or is he really suggesting Grex is just gently tapping his head in revenge?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Bugbear in the Playground

I always enjoy a break from Mookie

Also: headache? Bill is human, right? Last time I checked humans died when their head got smashed. Or is he really suggesting Grex is just gently tapping his head in revenge?
    Head tramua causes death due to damage to the brain. Billy obviously doesn't have a brain, so he'll be fine.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

This is funny. Danica just told us how vulnerable she was to ballistic weapons. The solution apparently is to block the with her heaving chest.

Grex had been shown the light. She will gently tap Bill and take him into custody. Her revenge is obviously her killer one-liner.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Firbolg in the Playground

Aaaaaaaaabdominals. That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Grex had been shown the light. She will gently tap Bill and take him into custody. Her revenge is obviously her killer one-liner.
    I'm guessing that Grexx is not going to stop at this point. Danica and the rest of the team will have to pull her off BHB.

Nice volley on Danica's part also.
    FTDWIR

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Where the hell did SHE come from!? Mookie, you can't just say 'Danica was badly hurt but it wasn't that bad and now she jumps in the way just in time and saves everyone" when things like time, space and logic are supposed to come between the-....

....Forget it. We've been down that road, and it doesn't work. Now we get to look forward to BHB being taken into custody and watch Mookie try to write the interrogation scene from The Dark Knight, but between Danica and BHB.

Because he will. BHB could just have walked away at any point in that fight. Pick a random direction and stroll casually into the town and disappear while the protagonidiots beat on mooks.
    But he didn't. He hung around for absolutely no reason - he was even brought here more or less under duress by Pigman, if I remember rightly? - and, after all his hijinks to escape and take down Star Power and the rest, has suddenly been stopped dead in his tracks by a moron with an empty gun. I will not believe that he didn't want to be captured, "all part of his plan", and you can't make me.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

30. - Top - End - #1200

So a grenade exploding with enough force to send him flying and he is fine, but a 1 eyed skinny girl with an empty gun is able to put him down with one shot? Eh, whatever, its enough of a genre convention that grenades only kill you if they are inside your mouth when they go off that I will let that go. Only question now is, will grex be satisfied with a single thwack? Will danica and crew have to pull her off because they need to gtfo of there? (Oh wait, no, its because they know grex is better than that and blah blah morals)