New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Default how to see through eyes of a familiar?

I have a level in oracle with the blind curse, then I am going witch with a familiar. Is there any way through feats or items to be able to see through my familiars eyes?

Pathfinder only with most 3rd party allowed.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us how you started: I started with the entire party getting teleported in from the real world butt naked.

Lokiron: "Yes, and killing hurricanes is always a good act, because they are evil."

DEGENERATION 91: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: how to see through eyes of a familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by flamewolf393 View Post
    I have a level in oracle with the blind curse, then I am going witch with a familiar. Is there any way through feats or items to be able to see through my familiars eyes?

Pathfinder only with most 3rd party allowed.
    There is a psionic power called senselink which does that. Find someone to use it with the psion equivalent of permanency or get their version of a wand.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Figure out how to attach this to your familiar's head. I think the Share Senses spell still works through blindness.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Chain of Eyes divination spell in 3.5. It does exactly what you are looking for.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Turn them invisible.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities... Quickly please, before they are out of range."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!!"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

There's this major hex which is unfortunately not available until 10th level.

http://www.pathfindersrd.com/classes...r-beast-eye-su
    If you cast Dispel Magic on my Gust of Wind, does that mean you're disgusting?

In real estate, they say it's all about location, location, location. In D&D I say it's about action economy, action economy, action economy.

Crystal Mage -- a homebrewed arcane tradition

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Dalebert View Post
    There's this major hex which is unfortunately not available until 10th level.

http://www.pathfindersrd.com/classes...r-beast-eye-su
    Dont familiars count as magical beasts, not animals?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us how you started: I started with the entire party getting teleported in from the real world butt naked.

Lokiron: "Yes, and killing hurricanes is always a good act, because they are evil."

DEGENERATION 91: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flamewolf393 View Post
    Dont familiars count as magical beasts, not animals?

"... the witch may use this ability on her own familiar as if it were an animal."
    If you cast Dispel Magic on my Gust of Wind, does that mean you're disgusting?

In real estate, they say it's all about location, location, location. In D&D I say it's about action economy, action economy, action economy.

Crystal Mage -- a homebrewed arcane tradition

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/share-senses

It's only min/level, on the other hand...it was written to see through your familiar's eyes from hundreds of feet away, not adjacent.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Before you go jumping through hoops for a loop hole make sure your DM will allow the loop hole to work. I would personally rule that the Oracle's curse would always apply to your vision no matter what you did.
    The oracle's curse cannot be removed or dispelled without the aid of a deity.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.