New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Wolf Game - Stranded in space - Night seven

Ah ok, good then. Don't have much to say myself right now aside from it seems like Count Dingdong sure has claimed a lot of powers/role stuff.

Let's see...

Lovers that get a bonus vote when they connect. (So that's two powers essentially, 1 is free mini-mason group, other is the same as the Captain?)

Then there was that drone that's really strong and could be used multiple times.

And then when one of the lovers dies not only does the other not die, but they get a night kill. Which is.... a reward for failing the goal of keeping each other alive instead of a punishment. And a really strong one at that.

That's.... a lot. I'd estimate the value at somewhere around 3-5 power roles. (The no punishment for other lover dying adds about .5 a power in my book.)

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

If what he's saying is true though, the wolves are even more overpowered since they still managed to lynch Tanar despite there been the double dose of extra votes.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-11-07 at 05:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    If what he's saying is true though, the wolves are even more overpowered since they still managed to lynch Tanar despite there been the double dose of extra votes.
    Not necessarily; like aspi pointed out, it says "25% of players" not "25% of votes". If they blocked Death or Count the night before, I wouldn't have had enough players voting for me and Tanar would have been the only legal candidate. So, it's still possible they can only block one player's vote in the night.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Wolves, it would be kinda a **** move to night-kill me here and now. Please don't.
    Which is what a wolf would say
    But honestly, unlike what I've read over at WW in Japan, I think this game is in desperate need of some Logic. So, welcome!

And that brings me to the main part of this post... Looks like our characters aren't the only ones taking potshots. This is most definitely not how I intended to spend my friday evening and to be honest Count, I'm somewhat annoyed by you, as a player. Having to refute accusations is one thing (and part of the game), have to go through both my own and your posts to supply the quotes of my alleged wolfish behavior because you couldn't be bothered is just rude.

As Ramsus remarked yesterday, I did not include Count in my list of suspicious people, so here's the answer to that question. The reason I did this is because I was getting weird PMs from Count and didn't know what to make of them so I wanted to keep him talking. Now at least I know why. I'll include them at the end for reference in case his claim is bogus and one of us survives the night. So let me adress the major points of Count's post I take issue with:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Remember how Deathslayer7 said he scried AsteronIronhoof and found out he was town? Well... the scry was real, but I was the one with the item. Like what I assume was the case for most of the drones, there were 2 uses (both DS7's and mine had 2 uses). We figured that switching interpretations of who had what was important, so I stayed in the background and let DS7 do the talking and claim the scry and the item. In the meantime, I used my second scry on Tanar Aerdoth (it was important, what with the lynch result...) and got... an odd result.

Tanar Aerdoth was the Captain
    Why did you keep this from everyone? So you could push me for information? That sure worked out great! You could have shared the information about Tanar not being the captain today instead of tonight so we didn't waste yet another lynch on someone who may be disguised. I actually brought that issue up again publicly and you just glossed over it and pushed for otakuryoga anyway despite knowing that the camouflage expert is still alive? Why on earth did you do that reveal now? You weren't even trying to get any information out of me for the last third of the day so you could easily have use that time to push for someone else apart from Wolfbane if you weren't trusting me.

How wolves reversed the tie on the Captain I cannot fathom
    Oh I have an idea... maybe because you also messed with the vote?
    I never once said we were lovers or standard ones at that. I said that he was my partner role, and I had to find him but was restricted in what I could say. He doesn't die with me, and we were crew members through and through. Essentially, we had a minor role that activated if we found each other: we were put in contact, confirmed of each other's role, and while we were both alive, we could get a third vote by voting for the same person (we tried to use it to enforce the tie yesterday). Now that Deathslayer7's dead, I've lost that power.
    Why on earth would you even do that? DS suggested the captain test so you had to have been in on it. And then you fake it? You completely went behind the backs of the entire crew with a bogus test you had no intention of going through with honestly and, if what you're saying is true, had a hand in getting the captain killed as a result. Bravo!
    (Side note: How did no one else even bother to bring this up?)

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    Tanar is not the captain.
    With such an obvious counter-claim, I had been scared last night that aspi would wake up dead in the morning. Come morning, he was alive, and I knew why: the real captain was dead, as was my partner. In his place, I had a one-use night kill and was almost assuredly the next death. So... let me go out with a bang and take out at least one wolf with me.
    So the entire reasoning you give for me being a traitor is that you cannot think of any other reason why I might have known or thought that Tanar was not the captain? Why don't you go over it again. I can think of several. And quite a few of them are a lot more plausible than me "claiming captain" and then doing this:
    That said, you didn't actually tie them, Ramsus already included otakuryoga's vote retroactively in his tally. So we currently have:
    otakuryoga: 4 (Internet Flea, Ramsus, Count Dingdong, Mordokai)
    Wolfbane: 3 (aspi, Rain Dragon, otakuryoga)
    Do you actually think I would pretend to be captain and then just sit at this vote tally 1-2 hours before the expected end of the day. Give me some credit!

This is why I asked for aspi's input, and I was perhaps a bit transparent with my attempts at getting information from him. Regardless, I've pretty much confirmed my suspicions of him, and you all have a bit to analyze!
    No, you haven't "confirmed" your suspicions, you'd apparently already made up your mind before you even answered my first PM. So why don't you go over them again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong
    Quote Originally Posted by aspi
    Well, there wasn't really any need to put even more of a target on my back. There was a reason why I did it myself yesterday, but they still went for DS anyway. We're not gaining anyting if they come for me tonight.
    Answer me seriously. Are you, or are you not, the Captain? Your post yesterday was a direct counterclaim to Tanar Aerdoth, and he was lynched over IF when there was a tie, so he's clearly not the Captain, and someone on his wagon was. I doubt the wolves missed such an obvious claim, and my guess is that they wanted to get two dead (thinking me and DS lovers) over killing the Captain. If they go after me over you tonight, I'll be surprised... but really, my post was to get your input publicly before you're killed. We've had very little analysis, and every bit you can provide helps, and maybe it will get others analyzing as well?

Tell me straight if you're the Captain, and, if you are, was there anyone else in the network with you, Sprig, and Haruki-kun (I assume you did the smart thing and claimed)? I hope that I can at least be trusted as town (DS and I have backed each other up, and DS was just NKed as town), and we really need a network at this point to win this game. My hope is that someone out there got a scrying item aside from me (my item was just a tracker, and I've kinda failed to capitalize off of it), so we can contact now that the disguiser's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong
    Quote Originally Posted by aspi
    Actually, I'd much prefer if you started to be straight with me.

Yes, I did claim my role to Haruki. The fact that you seem to have no clue what that claim was is a bit odd, given how Deathslayer pretty much took over for Haruki. You should have that information and if you don't, that means Haruki didn't share it with you or DS. So no, I do not trust you, as you are clearly fishing for information about a network which I figured you were a part of, which is why I contacted you in the first place.

I don't know what your angle is here and I'm not quite ready to call you out on it publicly but I'd sure like some explanations.
    Well, I'd say that that's because Deathslayer didn't take over for Haruki. No one contacted us. Haruki didn't give us any information. I'm going on nothing, it's frustrating, and I want to do something before I die. So I'm trying to figure out what I can do, and you seem to be my only point of possible contact considering all other PRs are hush-hush. I really don't know what else I can do to prove my alignment other than to be night-killed, and at that point I can't be of help with at least keeping another item in game that can maybe help town. I know I'm dying soon; it's why I'm actually being more active. I realize you're dying soon; it's why I'm contacting you to see if we can help each other and get a suspicion list going. Maybe I'm asking too much, sure. Don't tell me anything, fine. But I figured it was worth asking for trust. I really don't know how I can prove my role any more than I have at this point, and I guess I'm frustrated and floundering. Bleh. Rambling on and on...

Basically, I want to analyze and try and find wolves based on who seems to be networking and working together, but I don't want to go and target the network if I can avoid it. So perhaps tell me if I go on the wrong track or something. I'm a bit unsure of why you're not suspicious of otakuryoga anymore, but fine. If you don't trust me, good, I'll still see what I can do without your help, but you seem to be one of the few people I can trust, and I'd like that trust to be reciprocated, especially now that my partner (the only person I could trust previously, it seemed) is dead.
    So this confirmed your suspicion that I'm a traitor that's claiming captain? To me, it looks more like someone who's fishing for network members. Given that Sprig died shortly after the network was formed and FC later made allegations that the network may be compromised since the traitors learned about his drones, what did you expect me to do? Just spill the names of everyone I may have had contact with?

I've at least confirmed my suspicions of aspi (he said Tanar couldn't have been disguised yesterday and then brings up the possibility of the disguiser still being alive today... huh ).
    I said no such thing and this claim is a blatant lie. As a matter of fact I'm the only one who insisted on being careful about the possibility of the camouflage expert still being around. What I did say was this:
    However, I don't agree with today's wagon on otakuryoga, even though I pointed at him yesterday - or more specifically because I among others did. Yes, he's still suspicious since he refuses to contribute more than a single line even after being called out for it repeatedly, but I don't think that having the same wagon twice in a row is a good idea, for the same reasons that I gave yesterday and the day before (and I really wish people would start listening):
    I'm leaning towards believing that Tanar's actual role was revealed when he was lynched. If he was crew, there'd be no reason for him to lie about being the captain - but I don't see how he could have died in that case, as it would require two additional votes on IF and that seems a bit much. Therefore, if he was not the captain he was likely a traitor and I find it unlikely that they would disguise one of their own as a different kind of traitor unless they specifically wanted to throw him under the bus. So while I think that there's a good chance that we can trust today's lynch result, it's far from certain - so why are we doing this again? All we'd get is another Aventine. Voting for the target that is most likely to have been disguised during the night is just not a good idea, especially if there are several other candidates to which the same reasoning applies as to otakuryoga.
    Since you basically ruin my plan by trying to take me out and so deperately wanted me to claim, here it is:
    I'm a vanillager. I'm not sure if that's still what will come up on a scry or drone scan since I was mutated on the mission and we haven't seen any mission members die yet. But I'm crew. I'm not going to go into detail about my ability but it is a passive one and potentially benefitial if I get hit by the traitors at night. Why do you think I so publicly claimed that Tanar was not the captain? Why would I quote your remark about me being main town voice and draw further attention to it? Because I wantto get hit. Of course that's all for naught if you take me out.

Why did I claim that Tanar was not the captain if that could get me killed in case he won the captain test? Because I had evidence that he wasn't. During the search for drones, I found an espionage drone. For those who don't know what they do, it looks like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonayer
    You have found an espionage drone.

You can use this to spy on someone at night. Results vary depending on what your target does that night.

Your drone has three charges.
    So I think the number of charges is actually random, not always 2. After DS called out for a lynch on Tanar the next day I decided to check up on that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    I suggest everyone go for Tanar tomorrow.
    So I put my drone on him. The result I got was vague, but in hindsight informative:
    Your drone finds Tanar asleep in his bed.

You see several uniforms in his closet, not all of them have the same insignia.
    That hinted at him being the camouflage expert and when Tanar claimed captain the next day, I had pretty good reason to believe that he was lying, which is why I confronted him directly:
    (snip)
    In hindsight, if what you're saying is indeed true, I was fooled by the real camouflage expert. But it was good enough to confront Tanar and draw attention to me at the same time. I was however fully aware of the possibility that I was misled and I made that public.

For the record: My target for last night was Rain Dragon but I could not get any information:
    The drone follows what you think is your target. It turns out to be a hologram.
    While I find that suspicous, I'm not sure that RD himself is necessarily the source of this decoy. (see, that's how you do not jump to conclusions.)

So that's it. Can't say that this is what I had in mind, but at least I'm not taking any information to my grave.

Mission accomplished...
    Yeah, Mission Accomplished indeed. You were referring to this, right?

Oh... and if anyone has the urge to comment with thou does protest too much, you can stuff it. Seriously. At least I participate and try to win this game with 50% bloody no-shows. If anyone has questions or accusations, please do your own research so I can at least have a saturday evening?
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, I lost the original PM but the repair drones that were found had one use for only the day after they were found. It allowed the user to either void one player's vote or make their vote a double vote.
    I wish I had mentioned it earlier. >.< Sorry.

EDIT - Typo
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-11-07 at 07:43 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Dangit Rain Dragon, I wanted to hold onto that piece of info to.... well I guess see if you'd lie about it. Uh I guess there's no dangit needed then since you didn't. Dangit, you should have been an obvious traitor and gotten caught in a lie.

Also... I don't even know how to respond to all that stuff aspi said. I guess it's a good thing we have some time to think things over.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-11-07 at 08:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

"Drones"? Did you get two?

And... you... didn't mention that during the Captain test, that we held on the one day they would work? And neither did Ramsus?

...why do I get the feeling Town just lost lynch control?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

8. - Top - End - #488

Well, wolves still haven't tried to contact me yet so they probably don't have lynch control just yet. (Pretty sure the wolves would have scried me by now so they know I have no reason not to assist them if they have lynch control with my help).

Things are looking pretty bad for village though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Well I only got one and I didn't realize at the time that anyone else would have gotten the same thing. It really only occurred to me the previous day that Nonayer might have been lazy and didn't give us each something different and the Captain test might have been messed with. Although apparently Count Dingdong and Deathslayer messed with it anyway so that's a moot point. For the record, I didn't use mine because....I didn't want to mess with the captain test because that's obviously anti-town even if wolves could mess with it. I am still waiting to hear why Count/Deathslayer thought that was a good idea.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Dangit Rain Dragon, I wanted to hold onto that piece of info to.... well I guess see if you'd lie about it. Uh I guess there's no dangit needed then since you didn't. Dangit, you should have been an obvious traitor and gotten caught in a lie.
    I was doing the same thing!
    But I thought Town needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    "Drones"? Did you get two?

And... you... didn't mention that during the Captain test, that we held on the one day they would work? And neither did Ramsus?
    No, only one. I misspoke slightly. I said 'drones' meaning three were found, one each.

I really should have in hindsight, yes. I'd forgotten about the drone.
    EDIT - I had thought the drones had done the same thing at the time. I also didn't use mine because I couldn't see a way to use it helpfully.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-11-07 at 08:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Our extra vote was secret: we could choose who to put it on, or not to use it at all. Since the day ended in a public tie, we decided not to use it, but we were prepared to use it to enforce a public tie as needed. If we somehow ended up with someone trying to break the tie, we could secretly bring it back to a tie by putting the vote on Tanar Aerdoth or Internet Flea, whichever had fallen behind.

Edit: Also, if it were a normal extra vote (our two votes count as three toward that person), then there would have been another vote for Internet Flea, making the resulting outcome even less likely. But yeah, basically we were prepared to use it but didn't have to.

At this moment, I'm kinda just feeling like town's failing horribly, so I'm trying my best to find wolves. Out of everyone, you aspi have been the most suspicious. Maybe you had a espionage drone and are telling the truth. I'm not sure why you went about it that way, though: there's only one captain, so a counterclaim would be easy for the real captain to do. I thought that you were doing that at the time, and if you weren't, well... I really don't know anymore. If I'm wrong, so be it. Blame me for bringing this game down the hole. I don't think I've played a good game, but I don't really see anyone else looking for wolves...

As it is, I don't really feel like wracking my brain any harder about this. I'm sorry if you're town, aspi, but I really don't think that you are. As for why I didn't try to get you lynched, well... as you mentioned, I knew the disguiser was still around. For all I knew, you were disguised. Since I was told the disguise didn't affect night kills, I figured it would be better to clear up your identity 100%. Blame me or thank me based on the result, town, I suppose. But at this point, if it's vanillager or wolf, I'll bet on that wolf chance, since they're large enough of the population, and most of my wolf vibes have been from you.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-11-07 at 10:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

*where's my popcorn gif? so excite! :-)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    *where's my popcorn gif? so excite! :-)

I found it!

14. - Top - End - #494
    Pixie in the Playground

...if anyone else has received a message from a drone at some point in this game, you should contact me.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495

At this moment, I'm kinda just feeling like town's failing horribly, so I'm trying my best to find wolves.
    As it is, I don't really feel like wracking my brain any harder about this.
    So which one is it?

And why do you think we're failing? Just look at how well your last solo venture behind town's back plan worked out. You and DS have been stringing us along for days with half truths and even direct lies. You concocted that completely messed up captains test. And now you're blaming me for actually sharing information I had at the time with the rest of town.

You have given one piece of evidence against me, which is my claim that Tanar was not the captain. As I've pointed out, there are plenty of reasons why someone could make that statement aside from being the captain or claiming to be the captain. So what else is there to make you believe I'm a traitor? Aside from you wanting me to be one of course, just so you can go out with a bang.

If you're using your ability on me, you're wasting it. And if you hadn't made up your mind days ago, you'd see that.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Night is now over. Update probably to come on monday morning as I have a lot of actions to take into consideration. No more changes are permitted beyond this post.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, Sorry I've been out. Started on some new meds about 5 days back and they've been screwing with me so bad that I've had to drop them.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #498

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Hey guys, Sorry I've been out. Started on some new meds about 5 days back and they've been screwing with me so bad that I've had to drop them.
    Sorry to hear that, I hope you're feeling better now.

You missed quite a bit of drama and excitement, but it might be an interesting read. Sprig definitely seems to think so

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

I noticed! apparently I came under scrutiny for suddenly being inactive?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Wolf Game - Stranded in space - Day eight

Quartermaster DingDong was roaming around the ship apparently aimless, he was anything but. He had a purpose and a target, tonight he was going to have vengeance. He knew exactly where his target was but as he came around a corner he saw him. Ren Browder just strolling around at night as if he owned the ship. With so few crew members left maybe he and his traitor friends thought so. DingDong didn't hesitate as he jumped at the man, punching him the face. Instead of a satisfying crunch as his fist broke the traitors nose the attack went straight through him and then he vanished.

Blinking a few items the quartermaster looked around him confused before it dawned on him. He was tricked by a stupid hologram. That meant his target was scared. Good, because one little trick like that wasn't going to stop him. He strode on with even greater determination in search for his target.

The quartermaster wasn't the only one roaming the ships corridors. Mordokai seemed to be searching for something, or someone. He tried to be as stealthy as possible but it seemed that he was failing miserably. At least from the traitors point of view as they thought it was quite easy to find him and shadow his movements. Mordokai kept on walking seemingly oblivious of his followers when suddenly he broke into a run. The traitors swore and tried to chase but Mordokai seemed inhumanly fast, they had no hope of catching him in a straight up chase. They decided to split up and attempt to head him off.

One of them ran as fast as he could towards the crew quarters in the hopes that eventually Mordokai would return there and he would ambush him. Just as he was about to reach Mordokai's room he stumbled upon quartermaster Ding Dong. At the sight of him the quartermaster screamed loud enough to wake the dead.

"You! You will pay for what you did to my friend."

The traitor swore loudly as he pressed a button on the device strapped to his wrist. The quartermaster pulled out a gun and fired in the hopes of interrupting the traitor from whatever he was attempting but he missed and before he could fire off a second shot he was surrounded by traitors that were moving all around him and talking loudly. DingDong began shooting them one by one but his shots just went through them ineffectively... The holograms approached him but he knew they couldn't hurt him just as he could hurt them so he began searching for the one hologram that acted differently, probably trying to escape like the cowardly traitor he was. Instead one of the holograms fists connected. Before he could react his gun was swept out of his hands by a kick and a few moments later he was sprawled on the ground but couldn't quite remember how he had gotten there.

The traitor stood above him with the gun now in his hands, the holograms were gone and all was silent in the corridor once more.

"You fool. You thought you could kill me by yourself? You have no idea who you're dealing with." He pointed the gun at DingDong's head but before he could fire a door opened to his left and Mordokai burst out of it tackling the traitor taking him to the ground. They struggled for a few moments before the gun discharged and Mordokai stopped moving. The entire encounter took moments but it was enough for DingDong to get to his feet and take out a grenade that he kept for emergencies. He was ready to die if it meant taking out a traitor with him but once more his attempt failed when the traitor shot him in the arm and he dropped the grenade before he can use it. The traitor got to his feet with a smile on his face.

"Two weaklings that thought they could be heroes. You were not..."
    He stopped abruptly when he saw Mordokai still moving. He was still alive and while the traitor was distracted he had activated the grenade that had fallen right next to him when the quartermaster dropped it.

DingDong saw this just in time to jump into a room and take cover. The traitor only had one short moment of terror before being obliterated. The explosion was powerful enough to trigger the alarms. Once he was certain nothing was moving in the corridor the quartermaster approached the two corpses. Mordokai had died a hero, taking a traitor with him. Moments later the rest of the crew gathered around the scene, drawn by the alarms and smell of smoke.

Night seven is now over. Day eight begins now and ends in 48 hours.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Mordokai was killed. He was a mutating crew member.

Aspi was killed, he was a traitor and the Holographic Technician

Spoiler: PLAYERS (11/24)
    Show
    Player
    Role
    Alive?
    1) aspi Holographic Technician Went out with a Bang
    2) AsteronIronHoof The Hacker Riddled with holes
    3) Aventine crew member Touring the ships core
    4) Count DingDong
    5) Deathslayer7 Crew Member Heart Attack
    6) Duck999
    7) Elemental Crew member Ejected
    8) firedaemon33 Delusional crew member Nightmarish end
    9) Fleeing Coward
    10) Halae
    11) Haruki-kun The Marine Dismembered
    12) Internet Flee
    13) Legato Endless crew member Beaten to a pulp
    14) Mrs Mcginty
    15) otakuryoga crew member Target Practice
    16) Penguinator Mordokai mutating crew member Went out with a bang
    17) Rain Dragon
    18) Ramsus
    19) Sange Logic
    20) Shadow
    21) Sprig The Psyker Resting in pieces
    22) Tanar Aerdoth Camouflage expert Torpedo for a day
    23) ThePhantom Medic The coolest corpse
    24) Wolfbane
    Last edited by Nonayer; 2014-11-10 at 07:25 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501

Thanks for the narration Nonayer. Good news for my thesis grade I suppose.

Good luck everyone! Sprig, hand me that popcorn please
    Last edited by aspi; 2014-11-10 at 08:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Well, glad I can get something right in these games! Now, if I may, I'd like to start today off by asking Duck999, Rain Dragon, and Halae their thoughts on the game. Rewinding time quite a bit, on Day 2, when we had the green votes, I noticed a strong trend of aspi/Halae votes. At the time, I found it suspicious, but people seemed to think they were town, and it wasn't wholly incriminating. Then came the lynch of Asteron, and reads got muddled. Now that we have one definite wolf, my vote is on Halae for the moment. Still, I would like to hear from at least the three of you your thoughts on the game. My vote is in no way fixed today...
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-11-10 at 09:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503

Full disclosure time:

You are the survivor. You want to survive at all costs and loyalties to ship and country be damned. You can stay completely neutral until the end of the game or choose to align yourself with the Traitors or the Crew. Alignment is permanent and cannot be reverted so choose carefully. You will win or lose with the faction you align yourself with. If you remain neutral you win if you survive until the end regardless of outcome.

You have successfully mind controlled Ramsus. He cannot perform any action this day without your explicit instruction. You interrogate him and learn that he is a traitor and the Camouflage Expert.

He seems to be rather strong of will. With every direct command you give him his chance of breaking free increases. You probably have a limited number of commands you can give him before that happens.
    Yes, I was neutral and I had the ability to control the side I picked.

Yes, I tried to negotiate with the wolves because everyone who's played with me knows that I'm a wolf at heart but Ramsus' stubborness in the negotiations going so far as to threaten that I do exactly what he says or they'd kill me made things simple. I am now aligned with the Crew.

Other wolves, if Ramsus hadn't consulted you regarding the matter as I expect he didn't and made the choice for you, then you can thank him for costing you what is basically 2 wolves since if Ramsus had offered any sort of compromise rather than threats, I would have joined him rather than out him.

Crew, I'm sorry that I'm late to the party, you deserved my cooperation much earlier after Sprig knowingly took such a big risk contacting me despite knowing full well I could turn but you have it now and we can start things off by lynching the real Camoflage Expert.

I am releasing Ramsus from the mind control as soon as he types the word Chicken in red.

Ramsus
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-11-10 at 09:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Pixie in the Playground

Welp, wolf test.

Ramsus
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Well, that's great. I had it between Rain Dragon and Ramsus because someone had to have screwed with the vote count, and that was the obvious answer. I liked Ramsus's response yesterday, though I also liked that Rain Dragon was the first to talk about the drones. Regardless, I'm more than willing to believe you. So my vote is currently changed to Ramsus. I'd still like the three I mentioned to give their thoughts on the game, though...

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to sleep in a few minutes. I'll post my thoughts in the morning. For now, Ramsus.

Night Night.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Chicken

Yeah, so screw it. Wolves absolutely can't win with this setup and FC, a guy who basically had to do absolutely no work and couldn't lose, blowing our only slim chance of victory that we worked SUPER hard for. So instead of delaying the inevitable I'm just going to tell you guys that Duck and Wolfbane are the other two remaining wolves.

I'm actually really pissed at FC and pretty dang annoyed at Nonayer for how unbalanced this game was.

So FC as he just admitted had a mind control power and the ability to just choose whichever team he wanted to be on. So right there, can't lose. And so, even though right at the start of the game I said I wanted to not deal with him at all, he pushes me into confrontations in public and apparently finally decided to get in one more no point at all ruining my fun. See he used his power on me and got to learn my role for free as a bonus. And then he demands I have one of my teammates contact him or he's going to force me to reveal the name of a wolf. Knowing FC at all we know he's for sure going to just out the other wolf with the PMs to prove it if we play along, so instead we refuse his offer and counter with the offer of having him work towards what would be his own victory too. With of course the standard response to these things that if I die, he dies too, cuz yeah how else do you keep a habitual backstabber in check? Apparently he decides this isn't good enough and continues to badger me and I continue to try and explain how insane his demand was and how working with us isn't all that much of a demand. And I guess in the end he couldn't resist screwing me over for no particular reason one more time and instead of making me make a post (which I could have at least exploited loopholes in a worked with) he just flat out outs me and I can't do much about it since anything I say nobody would believe at this point.

Now here's the reason this makes me mad and frustrated to the point where that I'm basically going to screw over FC forever in any game we're in.

This game was not at all balanced. Even Nonayer admitted to us that town had a "slight" advantage. However it doesn't seem that Nonayer grasped how unfair a lot of the things he gave town/the "neutrals" were.

First I'll outline our powers just for a sense of comparison.

I had the publicly known power of disguiser. Which just meant that town should have treated this game as a no information on death game with the bonus chance of catching wolves based on at least some information. So yeah, not a great advantage (except where town was super nice to us and just believed lynch results for no reason a lot of the time). Of course my role was completely countered by a single item that could see the correct roles of dead people. And this item could be recharged an unlimited number of times. And doesn't break. And like all other drones can be passed to whoever you want. So....yeah, I might as well have not had a role at all.

Then we have the holographic technician which was a crummier version of the Vigilante with the added penalty that there's very few things the wolves can actually do with that that isn't just holding off an inevitable lynch a single day. And what did we use it for? Countering the most broken thing to introduce into a game possible, resurrection. Why is this so broken? Well gee I said why earlier. And of course it will go to the most insane person to use it on every time. And it did. And we only even managed to counter that (and by counter I mean it wasn't a bigger problem than it was, it still caused us problems) because the Vigilante didn't do anything. If they had, we would have been totally screwed right then.

Then we have the hacker. Yay a devil. Who doesn't compare to town's Seer. So.... reverse worth of normal. Uh...... yay?

And lastly the alpha....which the Psyker could see through. So like.... our only really decent role.

On the plus side we got a bonus power. The only really good power for our team. A power so good it basically eclipsed all our powers combined. aspi's bonus power of the holograms that soaked up one thing targeted at our team (though we can't exclude targets and just LET people use scry drones on the alpha) each night. (Keep in mind a KILL and MIND CONTROL still managed to get past that.) And how did we get that power? Oh.... a random event that could have gone to absolutely anyone and.... two other people got powers from that too. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. (And we still have no idea what those were.)

Ok now let's compare the powers we know of on crew's side. We know of being the key phrase since it seems like absolutely everyone in the game was actually a power role. Some a lot more powerful than others. Some more powerful than ones who actually show up on death.

Let's first look at the publicly known crew PRs.

So first the weakest role in the whole game as far as we know. The Captain. Gets a bonus vote. Normally a big deal. In this game? Big whoop. On the one day his power mattered there were how many people able to mess with the vote? Geez.

The Vigilante. An endless source of worry and schemeblocking potential. Even if the player of this role was actually an inanimate object the role just existing in the game made everything harder for us as we constantly had to try and plan around it. Or in some cases just pray it wouldn't be used despite seeing absolutely no reason it wouldn't be.

The Engineer. An endless supply of items (ie bonus power roles) that can be passed around to anyone that never go away even if they get depleted. The items are still there and if the engineer died there was probably a way to recharge them without him.

The Marine. Ok a baner. Strong role, but normal. Except that part where they get friggin narrator confirmed on a self bane. We couldn't even have the chance of casting some doubt on this isnta-network of uberpowerroles? C'mon.

The Pskyer. A Seer that gets to see roles in addition to teams AND can see through disguises (ie one half of traitor team's powers). And to boot, as mentioned, better than our side's seer.

Now the non-public crew roles.

The Medic? Was this where the game destroying rez came from? Or something else? I don't even know.

Mutating crew member? What? Beast? Something that went off on death? Who knows.

and then the "Lovers". That don't die when the other does. That get a bonus vote (poor Captain). And get a night kill when the other one dies as a reward for their failure. What the hell?

And yeah, those are just the ones we know of and at this point we have to assume every single person was in fact a power role. And half of the things I've listed would have been more than enough to counter us. Not including the Engineer and the items. That could have done it alone.

And now the "neutrals".
    Who apparently can at any point make the choice to permanent choose one of the two sides OR stay neutral and win just by surviving.

And the powers we know of?

MIND ****ING CONTROL. Oh also apparently a disguise penetrating (we assume, I hadn't actually disguised myself) scry for free in there too. And what could the mind control itself actually do? Make the target silenced except the controller could selectively turn off parts of that AND make the target post anything the controller wanted. There was a small increasing chance the target could break free control every command and once after 24 hours, but even the 24 hour chance was less than 50%. Again because this bears repeating. Force someone, as many times as you feel risking, to post anything you want them to. Did I find some possible loopholes? Yes. Could FC have countered them with specific wording and clever thinking? Also yes. But as FC displayed, the most devastating use of the power was to just prevent me from being able to say anything at all before he just revealed it all himself making there be no way anyone was going to believe anything I said.

Shadow has.... something? We think it's a day bane? That with the ability to choose sides means that he never had any reason to side with traitors. The power just works so much better for crew. And seriously, given this setup why would he choose the side that had almost no chance to win?

????

Someone had/has a silence. It wasn't us. Yup.....

So right. Now to go into why I'm so upset. Despite all that we were actually managing to win. Mostly through a huge amount of hard work and blind luck (and a lot of town inactivity/inattention/hilarious screw ups). And then we lose why? Because someone who could not possibly lose and who I wanted to just avoid and never threatened their victory decided they needed to screw me over once more and wouldn't listen to reason. Not only does this snatch away our hard won chance of victory, it does so by mocking us for having put in any effort at all as the person who did so could basically do whatever the heck they wanted and would still win. The only remaining chance of victory for our team would be every single person aside from the alpha dying basically. But that wouldn't have anything to do with our efforts, it would be just complete blind luck. It's not a meaningful victory for us or a meaningful loss for crew. It's just annoying and meaningless for everyone. Basically right now, no matter what happens, we've lost because the only meaning in the game has been ruined for us by a combination of an insane amount of imbalance and flat out mockery of our efforts.

So yeah, let's just hurry up and get this over with so another game can start up and everyone can hope they aren't on my team since the only thing I'm going to focus on is screwing things up for FC.

Edit: I'm also gonna ask right now that people remember that I'm a wolf less often than pretty much every other regular here and yet everyone always seems to come to the conclusion I need to be lynched early in games. So while this has no bearing to this game, please everyone just remember I was a wolf this time so it probably means another ten games will go by before I get to be a wolf again. So yeah, maybe actually give me a chance to play even if you think I might be a wolf? Because between the normal early deaths for no good reason and this.... it would be nice no matter what side I'm on to actually have a fighting chance.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-11-11 at 11:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Banned

Shadow has.... something? We think it's a day bane? That with the ability to choose sides means that he never had any reason to side with traitors. The power just works so much better for crew. And seriously, given this setup why would he choose the side that had almost no chance to win?
    Just for those keeping score, I have no power.
    I have an item or two that I have found while searching the ship at night.
    I also don't have the option to choose sides. I'm neutral, and that's that. I do have another win condition besides surviving.

Hey, with Rams deciding to spill the beans (assuming that he's telling the truth about the other two) I figured "what the heck, I'll do it, too."
    But that's all you're going to get from me.

edit:
    I mean, I guess I could choose a side, but there's no benefit from me doing so, and as such I don't care one way or the other which of you two groups kills the other one first.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2014-11-10 at 11:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, in that case... *adjusts point chart*

Crew: 1000 995 +/-5?
    Traitors: 25 +/-5?

30. - Top - End - #510

So yeah... if you're telling the truth, you just decided for your team that you can't win with 2 wolves, no seer left and only 10 players left? If that's all it takes for wolves to rage quit, we might as well not play WW.

My Mind Control? 1 use, unrepairable item I got on night 6 for remaining neutral. I gained an item every 3 days I remain unaligned. That was the real reason I chose to remain neutral even though Sprig risked contacting me when he had no reason to do so. If it weren't for that, I'd have turned town the moment Sprig reached out and you wouldn't be around to complain how you were so close to victory since I'd have seriously pushed to get you lynched days ago.

All it really did was delay you from posting. I used it as a bargaining chip, no more than that but you chose to not want to make a deal and go with threats instead.

i didn't need it to know you're a wolf, this is what I told Nonayer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward
    Change of plans. Let's mind control Ramsus. Town needs all the help they can get by the looks of it.
    I had you pegged as a wolf for a long time, I MC'd you because I thought TOWN was in deep trouble and I wanted to see how much trouble they were in. I definately did not expect you to throw a tantrum over a game just because things didn't go your way.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-11-11 at 12:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show