New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Flash on CW

1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Flash on CW

His issues with his powers could be feedback from altering the time stream. Wells is trying to guide Barry on a certain path, but it sometimes not everything goes according to plan. I don't remember which episode it was, but Wells consulted his future computer and it couldn't find what he was looking for at that time and after Wells corrected Barry's course, the article Well's wanted could be found again.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

I think the Powers not working right is a Nod to Crisis on Infinite Earths actually.

In CoIE, Flash is the creator of the speedforce, which is what gives both him and RF there powers (And KF and a number of other characters.). Flash, Barry Allen, Dies at the end of the event, and saves the multyverse in so doing, but his death horribly damages the speed force, which leaves other characters like Wally West a LOT slower for a good bit of time as a result.

And we know Wells knows Flash is gonna die in a "Crisis" in the future, and he's complaining about Speed Force issues.

Which is kinda neat, but the whole go back in time and save mom thing, god, *Headdesk.* there gonna ruin this.
    "I Burn!"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Spoiler: My crazy theory
    Show
    It's possible that during the fight, Wells used the device to merge himself with older Barry.

I do wonder where the hell old Barry is at, and unless during the fight he accidentally time travelled again, he should be around somewhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Depends. If they play this out and have normal-Barry realize that saving his mom ruins the timeline, and that he needs to fail, then it's possible that old-Barry is biding his time, because his interference could wreck everything.

Either that, or older Barry is dead. We don't actually know anything about the fight between RF & old Barry, aside from the fact that Nora gets killed and Barry is left on the street.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

My theory is that they are going to use a toned down version of the Flashpoint plot to change the setting in a way that will make it easier for them to fit a few more shows in. Also I hope they get around to having Firestorm do more than just shoot fire at things.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Bearing in mind that he's just started to not fight the mere existence of his powers.

As for Flashpoint, there's no reason to do that though, unless they either wanna Reboot Arrow to be MORE comicbookish (I'd be ok with this.) or they want to change things over to the New 52.

Particularly since there hinting that Titans and Supergirl and Vixen are all gonna share that universe since WB own's all of them.
    "I Burn!"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    As for Flashpoint, there's no reason to do that though, unless they either wanna Reboot Arrow to be MORE comicbookish (I'd be ok with this.) or they want to change things over to the New 52.
    Why would it reboot Arrow? Nothing Barry's done has affected him, really - unless you mean that without a Flash, Oliver will go fight the metahumans instead of saving his city?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

No, I mean make alterations to the timeline that effect how things played out for the last three seasons. Olly didn't go Kill Happy when he got back in town, none of this groan inducing trip down memory lane with Amanda Waller, all the really bad characterization we've had of Laurael going way and making her a Metahuman.

Make it closer to the Comic Canon.

I'm not saying they WILL do it, but I'm saying it could happen. Or they could decide to reboot it all to make it match New 52 Canon cause there kinda stupid right now, who knows.
    "I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #218

No, I mean make alterations to the timeline that effect how things played out for the last three seasons. Olly didn't go Kill Happy when he got back in town, none of this groan inducing trip down memory lane with Amanda Waller, all the really bad characterization we've had of Laurael...
    None of this was affected by the Flash, though. The whole point of Flashpoint is that events play out as if the Flash never existed.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    None of this was affected by the Flash, though. The whole point of Flashpoint is that events play out as if the Flash never existed.
    If he saves his mother, then Wells fails. Then Wells does not use future knowledge to build up a fortune and get in high at STAR labs. Without STAR lab projects, that maybe had contracts with Queen the company goes through a recession or something and his father loses the yacht that he was on when stranded and Oliver never goes on the trip. I am not saying it is a high probability but when dealing with mass fortunes and high tech finance, anything is possible to affect the rich Queens. Who knows, without Wells and STAR labs, Merlyn might not have a key component in the earthquake machine for a couple of years later.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

The whole point of Flashpoint was to alter the timeline to make the New 52 happen and remove decades of Canon. Which is why introducing this element now is utterly baffling.
    "I Burn!"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Somethings been bothering me about the newest episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    How the **** did Martin Stein know the facility was going to explode and to be in the exact spot he was?
    He did the math? You know how physicist can predict how experiments go with math/calculations on a chalk board in stories. So he figured out in a worst case where he would be safest.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

So if they do go with a Flashpoint arc...
    Spoiler
    Show
    does this mean Robert Queen becomes the Arrow and kills Wells so Flash can correct his mistake before Eiling accidentally sets off World War III through his mishandling of Grodd?

13. - Top - End - #223

I haven't seen it mentioned, although it's been my pet theory ever since we confirmed that Wells was the reverse Flash:

Spoiler: The RF is not the RF
    Show
    I think that Wells is the old Barry, the one whose blood they found, who was damaged or depowered during his failed fight to stop the original Reverse Flash from killing his mother. After staying trapped in the alternate timeline he secured the original RF's suit (and maybe other loot), and spent the next 15 years building his flashcave and preparing the creation of that timeline's Flash. What's interesting is the RF that he interacted with in one episode, who is either (a) the original RF that actually didn't die, or (b) an earlier time-jumping RF, maybe one who then travelled to the past sooner than Barry to find out who the Flash was and kill him when he was a kid.
    Last edited by Clertar; 2015-02-24 at 02:07 PM.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    I haven't seen it mentioned, although it's been my pet theory ever since we confirmed that Wells was the reverse Flash:

Spoiler: The RF is not the RF
    Show
    I think that Wells is the old Barry, the one whose blood they found, who was damaged or depowered during his failed fight to stop the original Reverse Flash from killing his mother. After staying trapped in the alternate timeline he secured the original RF's suit (and maybe other loot), and spent the next 15 years building his flashcave and preparing the creation of that timeline's Flash. What's interesting is the RF that he interacted with in one episode, who is either (a) the original RF that actually didn't die, or (b) an earlier time-jumping RF, maybe one who then travelled to the past sooner than Barry to find out who the Flash was and kill him when he was a kid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wells seems a little too ruthless for Barry. Yes, he's very protective of the Flash, but he has no problem with lying to his team, subjecting former colleagues to excruciating torture, or straight-up murder. Besides, Barry is a chemist, physics doesn't really seem to be his thing.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

15. - Top - End - #225

Spoiler
    Show
    Wells seems a little too ruthless for Barry. Yes, he's very protective of the Flash, but he has no problem with lying to his team, subjecting former colleagues to excruciating torture, or straight-up murder. Besides, Barry is a chemist, physics doesn't really seem to be his thing.
    Last edited by Clertar; 2015-02-24 at 03:45 PM.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What I feel makes Wells incapable of being the Flash is that Cisco has Wells' blood sample. Wouldn't he also notice that they have the very same DNA?
    I do, however, like the theory that there are two Reverse Flashes.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Unless.
    Show
    Wells either messed with the computers running Cisco's test, or had his AI do it, and then pretended to be totally unaware of it.
    "I Burn!"

18. - Top - End - #228

Spoiler: Unless.
    Show
    Wells either messed with the computers running Cisco's test, or had his AI do it, and then pretended to be totally unaware of it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He had to do something to his blood sample anyway to prevent them from noticing that he's got those powers, so he might as well have also stored fake blood samples to hide his real identity altogether

Spoiler: The two RFs
    Show
    Going back to when Wells faced and trapped the RF, it might just have been him all along. If he's a slightly depowered Barry Allen who can't time jump back to his time, he might still have enough power to do it on a micro scale, say some minutes or hours ahead or back, then return.
    Last edited by Clertar; 2015-02-24 at 04:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Original Series.

So, I had a chance to check on a suspicion and, sure enough, I *did* recognize not one but two actresses better known for other roles in an episode. #16 to be exact, "Deadly Nightshade", the second episode with the retired pulp-style (and obvious Sandman one-off) Nightshade. What I did not suspect was the connection between the two actresses.

Who am I talking about? Denise Crosby played the psychologist with a beef against the Flash. She better known as Tasha Yar from Star Trek TNG. The surprise was when I checked the credits to see why I knew the young girl who played the heiress that's a hostage early in the episode and... it's Jeri Lynn Ryan, otherwise known as Seven Of Nine from Star Trek Voyager. So two Star Trek actresses (one past, one future) appeared in the episode.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    He had to do something to his blood sample anyway to prevent them from noticing that he's got those powers, so he might as well have also stored fake blood samples to hide his real identity altogether

Spoiler: The two RFs
    Show
    Going back to when Wells faced and trapped the RF, it might just have been him all along. If he's a slightly depowered Barry Allen who can't time jump back to his time, he might still have enough power to do it on a micro scale, say some minutes or hours ahead or back, then return.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good thought on the blood sample, didn't think about that possibility (which I'm actually very fond of).

The two RF theory is a thing because the one that beat Wells up is noticibly bulkier than the one that Barry met in the stadium, if I'm not mistaken.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Why would it reboot Arrow? Nothing Barry's done has affected him, really - unless you mean that without a Flash, Oliver will go fight the metahumans instead of saving his city?
    The idea of Flashpoint was that it resounded to create far more effects than just the things that the Flash had been involved in, it seemed to ripple out and change almost everything.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

So... the new trailer for the next three episodes has been released! What do people think?

(Link is here)
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mark Hamill... That is all.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I love that they're using pictures from the original appearances... I wonder how they're going to weave this in, especially if they somehow can work in DadFlash into the story or if the "gumshoe", Prank, or anyone else from the original series is going to make an appearance as well?
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2015-03-11 at 10:19 AM.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

i had low expectations for the flash simply because it is on the CW, but i have been pleasantly surprised :)
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

26. - Top - End - #236

I'm not sold on Clerter's theory, but I'm willing to wait to see what's happening. They have bought more than a little good will with me, as it's currently my favorite show on TV.

I'm still thinking he might be a Thawne of some sort.

I'm really psyched that Hammil is the Trickster again, using the original TV show footage is an amazing touch, and can not wait for that episode.
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: not aired on West Coast
    Show
    Oh man, a lot is happening! Oh crap, I was expecting Cisco to find out but Caitlyn too? And now...

...wait, this is going to be a time travel thing isn't it?

Yep, it's time travel thing. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Well, now that THAT cliché is out of the way... My General Akbar sense is going off like a four alarm fire on that article clue. My instinct says it's a trap, not a real thing.
    • Talk less; say more.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wow! Dr. Wells comes clean on being Reverse Flash and kills Cisco. Barry and Iris claim their love for each other. Barry reveals to her he's the Flash. Rather than be upset he kept the secret, she admired his bravery. Excitement. Character development.

However, the Flash ran so fast he goes back into time, undoing everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8sofAN4xc

The show resets. What are the odds Barry and Iris do it all again, if under different circumstances? Yeah, right.

It's such a common time travel trope. It was highly criticized in Star Trek Voyager. A sci-fi show can go all crazy with the script then TIME TRAVEL!!!, and it's all undone. The show goes back to normal.

It's for that reason I was thrilled the show Eureka used its time travel episode to change the show permanently. I got used to things, so all the characters being shifted around a bit took getting used to, but I was still thrilled the show never reset. Even when they went back the second time, the show did not take that opportunity to fix everything back and kept the changes. Yippee!

I do not accept the new timeline of the new Star Trek movies and find them atrocious, but that's another topic and I'm not keen yet on new Terminator either. Not resetting is a big risk in itself. Star Trek failed. Terminator is still to be determined. But I rant.

Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't care that everything got reset, as long as Cisco doesn't die again. I'm happy to lose all of the other developments and go back to status quo as long as we keep him around. I swear I almost cried when Wells killed him. He's the best character on the show. If he went permanently I'm not sure I could keep watching.

Speaking of, Cisco died because he found out about the reverse flash because the hologram in there was still active months later. Why would Wells be so sloppy as to have that still there waiting to be found?

Also was it ever stated that the magic weather wand was a 1 time use thing and I just missed it? When you have a special item that negates all of your enemy's powers, why the **** are you trying to hunt the guy without carrying that **** with you? And why does Barry after stopping the guy not take the half a second of time to capture the now powerless supervillain running away before whisking the other dude to the hospital? That whole sequence pissed me off. And it sucks because the whole thing could have been avoided if they just hadn't introduced the weather neutralization wand. But they did put it in and thus made nothing else in the episode make any sense at all.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't care that everything got reset, as long as Cisco doesn't die again. I'm happy to lose all of the other developments and go back to status quo as long as we keep him around. I swear I almost cried when Wells killed him. He's the best character on the show. If he went permanently I'm not sure I could keep watching.

Speaking of, Cisco died because he found out about the reverse flash because the hologram in there was still active months later. Why would Wells be so sloppy as to have that still there waiting to be found?

Also was it ever stated that the magic weather wand was a 1 time use thing and I just missed it? When you have a special item that negates all of your enemy's powers, why the **** are you trying to hunt the guy without carrying that **** with you? And why does Barry after stopping the guy not take the half a second of time to capture the now powerless supervillain running away before whisking the other dude to the hospital? That whole sequence pissed me off. And it sucks because the whole thing could have been avoided if they just hadn't introduced the weather neutralization wand. But they did put it in and thus made nothing else in the episode make any sense at all.
    Cisco triple checked the machine for changes in the data. The only reason he didn't catch the recordings was because they'd have to be set in long before that point and couldn't be swapped out without being super notable. The recording would be fine so long as nobody physically turned it to those settings and went to switch it on and have a look at it.