New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Hunters

1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sun Hunters

Seth, caught within the vines of the tree, decides to go BIG. However, the tree still has hold of him and Seth finds himself yanked upwards, hanging 20ft above ground as the vines try to choke him.

The two remaining beasts charge, one tries to bite at Noegle while another at Ellyrion. Then, the Umbral Banyan tries to strike at the others.

Seth: Grappled, 20ft above. Grapple vs 46 or take 13 damage.

Noegle, Entangled: Bite at Attack 31, Damage 5. Then vine attack at: Attack 23, Damage 12. If hit, Grapple check vs 17.

Ellyrion, Entangled: Bite at Attack 29, Damage 10. Then vine attack at: 36, Damage 10. If hit, Grapple vs 27.

Elariel: Vine attack at: Attack 19, Damage 14. If hit, Grapple vs 10.

Elariel and Ellyrion now.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative Order:
    Elariel: 29
    Ellyrion: 23
    Dusk Beast 3: 22
    Dusk Beast 2: 20
    Noegle: 18
    Unknown: 17
    Dusk Beast 4: 16
    Seth: 15
    Dusk Beast 1: 13
    Dusk Beast 5: 8
    Umbral Banyan: 2
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-12-09 at 12:39 PM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel continues chanting, gesturing, and dropping a small handful of glitter. As she does, a large amount of bright, sparkly glitter appears, floating in the air, looking incongruous in the dark plane, coating the tree, and the nearest of the shadow creatures, even as she continues looking around, alertly.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Casting Glitterdust((1d20+15)[27] concentration)
    DC 19 or Blind.
    Using an action point to not consume the spell
    Using Move to look for the enemy caster
    (1d20+15)[26] spot
    (1d20+13)[14] listen
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2014-12-09 at 11:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Ellyrion nearly avoids the trees vine thanks to his own shadows, but as he tries to cast his spell, he finds his concentration broken. Fighting against the vines, he slides backwards to stand next to his sister, who also managed to dodge the vines. Elariel sends a cloud of glitter, the most hated element of all, especially on the plane of shadows, where glitter should not exist. The blast hits the tree, blinding it!

One of the hounds, flanking the entangled and potentially grappled Noegle, strikes with murderous intent, while the other shifts itself and attempts to strike at the troublesome Elariel.

Noegle, Entangled and maybe grappled, including bonus from flanking: Bite at Attack 28, Damage 7. Bite at Attack 26, Damage 7. Tail at Attack 21, Damage 5.

Note: Ellyrion may chose to grant Elariel +4 soft cover, but if he does it, any attack that misses Elariel due to the cover automatically hits Ellyrion instead.

Attacks are: A16, D4. A23, D4. A20, D3. I believe all those are a miss.

Noegle's turn now. Is he grappled? What can he do to save the day?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-12-10 at 04:22 AM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Elariel, do they have combat reflexes? Noegle shouts through the noicw of battle.
    Assumig she answers with a negative he dances slightly back leaving himself open for an AOO before casting a spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    33 damage taken.
    Condition: Entangled -2 hit, -4 dex.

Move: 5 ft step back to G18 provoke AAO.
    Standard:casting obacuring mist, no need for casting defensively since I already provoked their one attack.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-12-10 at 05:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Noegle moves back, gritting his teeth against the barrage of attacks and manages to concentrate through the pain, covering the field in mist.

Up from above, between the branches of the trees, stones are falling at you, striking at Seth, Elariel and Ellyrion. The stones harden against their skin, entangling them further.

Seth takes 7 damage, Elariel takes 4 and Ellyrion takes 5. You are all entangled for 1 round.

One of the dusk beasts approaches Noegle and strikes at him through the fog. One attack misses due to the mist, the other two attacks are at 23 and 20, each dealing 4 damage.

You can roll a listen check to try and pinpoint the location of the caster, but I'm not sure how much you'll benefit from that.

Seth's turn. Abbant too, if he wants to take it on the initiative I rolled.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

As Seth feels the vines trying to wrap around his throat he stills his body as he begins to speak. Father mountain grant me your strength, let all those who fell come to me now and fill me with their strength. And with that Seth opens his eyes that are pure white and with his massive arms rips at the vines holding him as his teeth bite down.

Spoiler: Grapple
    Show
    (1d20+23)[39] Action point (1d6)[1] Add to my roll

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Seth struggles against the vines grappling him, but even the strength of his ancestors supporting him, the tree proves to be stronger still. His body grows colder as the tree attempts to sap his strength while slowly strangling him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Each of the following numbers signifies temporary strength damage. A fortitude save of 22 negates that damage, so roll 4 times to see how many of those you take:

1, 2, 4 and 2. If you fail all 4, you will take 9 points of strength damage, so may the odds be in your favor.

Besides that, each tendril tries to further damage you:

Grapple Checks: 44, 34, 39, 30.

Each failed grapple and you take the corresponding damage: 13, 11, 13, 11.

If you aren't sure about the final values, roll 4 Fort saves and 4 Grapples and I'll tell you how much damage you have taken.

Passing the grapples doesn't free you, btw. (Dunno how versed are you in the grapple rules)

The other two dusk beasts close into the mist, one attacking at Ellyrion while the other at Noegle.

Noegle: One attack at 22, damage at 9. (Will stop mentioning attacks that I know missed, either concealment or due to armor)

Ellyrion: One attack at 22 (I believe that hits your entangled behind), damage 9. A tail attack at 26, damage 3.

Turns: Elariel, Ellyrion and Abbant. Don't forget 20%/50% miss chance from mist.

Spoiler
    Show

Uploading the map with the poor wifi of the train took some time...

Initiative Order:
    Elariel: 29
    Ellyrion: 23
    Abbant: 22
    Dusk Beast 3: 22
    Dusk Beast 2: 20
    Noegle: 18
    Unknown: 17
    Dusk Beast 4: 16
    Seth: 15
    Dusk Beast 1: 13
    Dusk Beast 5: 8
    Umbral Banyan: 2

8. - Top - End - #308

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel, silently cursing the mist, advances, swinging at the branches holding onto the giant, hoping to sever them with her sword. Or at least hurt the Bayau quite badly. As she swings, she chants, and her sword ignites into flames, burning the tree quite badly.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to G15, and attacking the tree.
    (1d20+15)[33] concentration for casting while entangled
    (1d20+15)[23] concentration for defensive casting(Not sure if needed with duskblade spell channel

(1d20+12)[28] attack vs tree + (1d6)[2] Action point bonus
    (1d8+8)[16] damage
    (1d6+4)[8] burning blade
    (5d8)[28] combust
    DC 15 reflex or catch on fire(Deals more damage)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2014-12-10 at 11:26 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Elyrrion was already Faltering . He had to kill those creatures or he would surely die . threw 3 sudden swirls of his chain as he attacked the closest beast on his side, while he switched to a defensive stance.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Against beast in J14. 2 attacks, Using boosting Defense( +6 on my AC), And recovering Soaring Raptor strike for 3 action points spent, while emulating blind fight. Using a swift action to Activate pearl of black doubt stance.

(1d20+6)[14]
    [roll]120+1[/roll]
    Concealment for both (blind fight and the flaw cancel each other out)
    (1d100)[99]
    (1d100)[50]
    damage
    (2d4+7)[15]
    (2d4+7)[12]

If anyone misses me due to concealment, i have gloom Razor. Opposed hide vs spot or i am invisible to them)

10. - Top - End - #310

NecromancerGuy

(Fudged the second attack roll)
    (1d20+1)[8]

11. - Top - End - #311
    Firbolg in the Playground

Abbant dances around the beast next to him, launching a bolt of eldritch energy into it.
    Spoiler: Using Rolled Initiative
    Show

Starting in I18
    Move: Moving to I20, provoking AOO and activating skirmish. AC is now 19.
    Standard: Enemy is now flanked, but due to mist I don't get SA [stupid rule that]. I use Eldritch blast, getting base + Skirmish. This provokes an AOO.
    Hit: (1d20+8)[20]
    Crit: (1d20+8)[16]
    Dam: (4d6)[12]
    CDam: (2d6)[6]
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-12-10 at 04:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Elariel moves through the mist and towards the Umbral banyan, her blade wreathed in fire. Slicing against the thick vines that cover the tree, the monster is engulfing in flame and begins to scream, swinging Seth wildly about.

Ellyrion, staying behind, is in rough shape and focuses on surviving the battle, his attacks failing to connect.

Abbant maneuvers around the beast and tries to fire a lethal blast of arcane might, but not before the beast itself manages to bite at him once or twice.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO for move: Attack 22, Damage 3. AoO for casting: Attack 25, damage 9. Will need you to roll concentration and miss chance for your blast.

The beast next to Elariel attempts to distract her from the tree, biting at her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite1: A17, D5. Bite2: A27, D10. Tail: Mist Missed.

Then the dusk beast lunges at the mist creator!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite1: A21, D4. Bite2: A29, D7. Tail: A19, D5.

Noegle's turn. All entangled status is gone after his turn, for everybody. For now...

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-12-11 at 12:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Noegle jerks his hand into the creatures face. He then, with a strength that shouldn't be possible for his thin arms, forces it's head to the ground and kicks it. I said down!

Spoiler
    Show
    Full-attack creature at H19.
    Attack1: (1d20+10)[21], dmg (1d8+4)[9] + (1d6)[6]. Creature must make fort save 16 or take (1d6)[6] dex damage.
    Attack2: (1d20+5)[21], dmg (1d8+4)[11] + (1d6)[1]. Creature must make fort save 16 or take (1d6)[3] dex damage.
    flanking and entagled cancel each other.

14. - Top - End - #314

GreenSorcererElf

Deftly evading the first bite, Elariel is unable to evade the second, and it strikes her solidly on her arm. as the beast bites Elariel, flames burst from the wound, searing it fiercely.

Spoiler: action
    Show

fire riposte.
    (1d20+11)[20] touch
    (4d6+5)[24] dam(Knowledge devotion)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2014-12-11 at 10:19 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

The beast, hit by Noegle and Abbant, seems bloodied and far clumsier than usual, having the poison take full effect, but still standing as the shadows snap around, trying to hit Noegle back.

Bite: A19, D7. The other two attacks miss from mist.

The dusk beast attacking Elariel growls in pain, but refuses to die so easily.

Seth's turn.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-12-11 at 12:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Fearing if he didn't escape soon from this world of darkness the spirits had placed him he would never be able to complete his task, Seth digs down as deep as he can trying to escape the clutch of this beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    escape roll (1d20+22)[23]
    Escape attempt 2 (1d20+17)[37]

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Seth chants as he gathers up strength in an attempt to fight against the burning tree, but even blind and on fire, it refuses to let go of the goliath. As the beasts continues to attack, Elariel notices that the Banyan's edges beginning to fade before it vanishes completely. Seth's chanting can be heard no longer...

Attack against Ellyrion: All miss due to AC, none due to mist. One attack got a roll of 27, so your defensive fighting did help!

Attack against Noegle: A23, D5. A22, D7. Third missed with A9.

Spoiler
    Show

Seth:

You find yourself back on the material plane, hanging in the air, still being choked by a burning tree. It seems to scream something at you, in a language that you do not understand.

Strength damage, DC 22 fort against each to negate: 1, 3, 4, 4.

But as you feel the tree trying to choke the life out of you, you see slashes forming against the vines, made out of shadow. Slowly, a shadow begins to slip between the cracks as the tree stops moving and Seth feels the grip loosening around him. Before he manages to comprehend the new situation however, he finds himself falling to the ground. 3 falling damage.

"I didn't want to interfere, but I guess I couldn't help myself." The shadow says. "I hope you don't mind... Couldn't stop him from taking both of us here. Guess that body of mine only exists on the shadow plane. I'm Ovel, in case you're confused."

Seth is now out of combat.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-12-11 at 01:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

As Seth opens his eyes and see's himself under the skies of his ancestors once more. No longer plagued by the evil of that dark world he breaths in a sigh of relief, it seemed to have been making him weaker then normal. But it was no matter, his ancestors would hear him here and they would respond in kind as the creature tried to grapple him once more and sap his strength away. You are in my world now dark spirit, feel the wrath of my people. Seth calls out in his native tongue, as he fights off all but one of the branchs holding him. However he was not done yet as he got ready to slam both his fists hard into the tree, however before he could something seemed to come out of it, making the tree drop him to the ground.

As Seth slowly gets up the pain of his wounds begins to be felt, as his rage begins to subside. Looking up to the shadow calling himself Oval, Seth bows his head slightly. Another of the dark spirits like the other that was with me. However you saved me, as such you have earned my debt Oval, and that is something I won't forget. Seth explains as he shrinks back to his normal size. I suggest we keep heading in the direction we were going in the world of darkness. Seth says looking around at his surroundings.

Spoiler: Survival check
    Show
    (1d20+11)[27]

19. - Top - End - #319

NecromancerGuy

Ellyrion smiled at his enemie's inability to hit him, and finally feeling himself free from the entagle. He saw Noegle to be hard pressed by three Fiends, and so he rushed to his aid. Shifting in a form of pure shadow, He moved besides the creature, flanking it as he thre a series of barbed chainns on it's bakc
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Activating Cloak of Shadows and moving to E16, attacking the Dusk beast, flanking
    [/roll]1d20+14[/roll]
    Damage (2d4+9)[12]
    Rolling for Concealment (1d100)[42](1d100)[34]

20. - Top - End - #320

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel, seeing the tree vanish, concerns herself with the more immediate enemy, her sword crackling with lightning as it comes down on the beast that had bitten her, the bite hardly affecting her swing at all.
    The Bayan must have shifted back to the prime, and taken Seth with it. I think that means that he's dead, but there's nothing I can do about that now. All I can do is end this fight, and hope we have enough strength left to continue.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Auto succeed on defensive casting
    (1d20+15)[27] attack
    (1d8+9)[17] damage
    (4d6)[15] shocking grasp
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Elariel strikes at the dusk beast, the lightning courses through the shadows as the creature vanishes in the mist, becoming one with the plane of shadows.

Ellyrion slides between the shadows, slipping from the beast to aid Noegle. Finding the beast, he slashes at it. The monster dashes away from him, continuing its attack against Noegle.

Neogle: A19, D6. A24, D10. A17, D3.

Abbant delays, so his initiative count is moved to whenever Erik posts. Noegle's turn.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322

NecromancerGuy

(AoO from me to the beast that moved. My chain has reach 10ft Silver)
    Spoiler: Attack Of opportunity
    Show

(1d20+14)[33]
    Damage (2d4+9)[13]
    Annnd, it's a critical, 26 damge to the beast
    Last edited by Sephir; 2014-12-12 at 07:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

I hate puppies are Noegles last words as he falls backwards and hit the ground. Hard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unconcious, stable, -7 hp

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

As you hear the thud from Noegle hitting the ground, Ellyrion sees a beast coming at him through the mist, lunging with teeth forward.

A15, D7.

Elariel seems to encounter the beast that was chasing after Ellyrion, as it slides to a stop and attacks her instead.

A20, D7.

Unknown to you, one of the dusk beasts, injured and poisoned by Noegle, decides to withdraw, retreating into the shadows of the forest.

Elariel, Ellyrion and Abbant's turns.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

GreenSorcererElf

Elariel, assailed by another of the creatures, easily evades it's attack, nimbly dodging its attack, before her sparking sword descends once more.
    If they're coming at me again, the it is likely that one of my allies has fallen, but... there is nothing I can do for them, not until these enemies are gone. There is no use in my dying as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[35] 1-20 misses
    (1d20+15)[26] attack
    (1d8+9)[17] damage
    (4d6)[13] shocking grasp
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

26. - Top - End - #326

NecromancerGuy

Ellyrion Readies his concentration, Using his magic to enhance his chain as he started to spin it in his hand, magical flames erupting from it.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Con Check for blades of fire (1d20+14)[16]
    Full attack
    (1d20+14)[19]
    Rolling for concealment (1d100)[69](1d100)[97]
    Damage (2d4+9)[16] + (1d8)[3]
    (1d20+9)[26]
    Rolling for concealment (1d100)[33](1d100)[87]
    Damage (2d4+9)[13] + (1d8)[3]

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

As Ellyrion and Elariel attack at their foes, delivering devastating blows, Abbant jumps forward and tries to deliver a blast of his own, but his concentration fails him. The Dusk Beasts in front of Ellyrion and Elariel seem to waver at the sudden damage they have taken and decided to retreat. vanishing into the mist. The last one, seeing it's companions flee and being somewhat hurt as well, decides to flee as well.

Combat is over.

1600xp earned.

You are in the mist, Noegle is unconscious, Seth is gone. What do you do?

28. - Top - End - #328

GreenSorcererElf

Still covered in the mist, bleeding from her wounds, Elariel feels relieved as the dusk beasts flee, knowing by the lack of combat nearby that they were truly gone for now.
    But they would be back.
    She stumbles over to where she heard the most fighting(Near Noegle), and trips over her fallen ally. Recovering, she asertains that he's alive, and starts searching him, hoping that he would have some healing magic available. As she does so, she calls out.
    "Ellyrion? Are you all right?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

29. - Top - End - #329

NecromancerGuy

"I.....i have been better" Ellyrion moaned, coughing out drips of blood as he stood up. He pulled out a potion, and started to trckle it down to Noegle's throat."I am not sure it will bring him back to his senses , but will at least stabilize him"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Noegle takes a deeps breath and rolled away from the pool of blood and onto his back. Judging by the pain comming from his entire body he was still alive, at least there was that. Then he remembered what happened and embarrisment hit him like a club swung by a hill giant. Weak and pathetic. Opening his eyes he was suprised to find himself to be surrounded in complete darkness. Oh right, the mist. He got on his feet and turned around to see two shadows. Who's there He asks with claws out to Abbant and El.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-12-15 at 03:47 PM.