New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1530
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

Fizahn:

"I've got no objections to that. You might want to switch gray boat and red boat though because Khaz already decided which boat he wanted." Fizahn walks over to the black boat. He waits for 'captain' Tryntha to get in before following her.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

2. - Top - End - #1382

Khazrael

Khazrael frowns at Tanner's take-charge attitude, but for lack of a more grounded plan, simply goes along with it.

((OOC: Hopped on the red boat to get things moving. If he has to move to gray, so be it))

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Tryntha

The porcelain mask hides any physical response the Rashemi woman might have to Damian's words. By way of response she merely states flatly,

"I have made my wishes known. Much as you have made your opinions and intentions known. The fact that you are completely unwilling to undertake these actions without some form of compensation only confirms and strengthens my stance that you are unfit to wield the powers granted to me to keep these lands healthy and her people safe."

When Tiriel begins talking about their last encounter, Tryntha cant help but think to herself,

"I wish they had mentioned the demons before. I could have prepared a spell to banish them back to whence they came. At least the magic circle spells should have similar effects against creatures of the other planes."

When the angelic woman mentions the weapons Tryntha reminds the group,

"Those with silver ammunition should remain close to me so I can enchant them. We will have to wait until we are ready to assault the vampires as the enchantment will only last a few minutes. I also have a scroll with a similar enchantment if Tanner has not prepared a similar spell, but that enchantment will last even less time, barely lasting one minute."

As the boats pull up, Tryntha moves immediately to the pilotless black boat and takes up a position similar to the hathrans in the other vessels.

Spoiler
    Show

DrB, does Tryntha know how to power/pilot one of these things? If you need any rolls from me, let me know.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Tanner Gondsman

After turning to nod at Fizahn and says, "Thank you, Fizahn." Tanner returns his gaze to the others and notices that Khaz has jumped into the colorful boat. He says, "I guess we'll amend the plan, then..."

Tanner will turn to Damian, "Damian, perhaps we should have you take the spells from me and be in the other boat? That way, your boat could have the magic circle and other of my spells at the ready?

A small switch would be...

The red boat here will be Anika, Khaz, Retay, and myself.
    The gray boat will be Adalmar, Elthan, Damian, Tiriel.
    And the black boat will be Aeroz, Callos, Grynde, Fizahn, Gala with Tryntha as pilot.

So, if anyone has objections to this set up, now would be the best time to voice them."

Tanner pauses, giving the party time to voice any concerns they have. Barring any difficulties. Tanner has noticed some of the party doesn't seem to want to work together, and he hopes this is the best way to solve those differences.

Tanner will say to Tryntha and Damian who is close by, "I have one such spell that will enchant a weapon; it will last for nearly 15 minutes. I was planning on enchanting Retay's axe with that. I also will enchant these silvered stones we melted down from the silverpieces and issue the stones to any who would like them. I can make six in all. They will remain enchanted for twice the time of the other spell. These slings will help improve the aim of any who use them. Might I suggest that Damian takes the magic circle, a magic stone spell, and the lesser vigor spell from me before we depart?"

"Aeroz, while you were...incapacitated...talk of allowing Retay to use the iron octagon ring was voiced. From what I was told, you are quite the swordsman, and are more apt to avoid blows while in combat. What we have witnessed of Retay Wyrmslayer is that his axeskills are unmatched, but his ability to side-step or avoid blows could use some work. Allowing him to use the ring will increase his chances for survival, and ultimately, it will assist your group...as well as all of ours. Don't feel that you will be empty handed, for Damian has requested this jar of silversheen, but I think that it would be better served on your steel if the need arose since Damian has a wand he can use against the undead. However, that is for the two of you to decide." Tanner holds out the jar of silversheen.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

5. - Top - End - #1385

Tiriel

Unsurprisingly Tiriel isn't happy being placed in a boat with Elthan and Grynde. But she doesn't want to be the first, or worst, the only one, to complain and hold things up. Grudgenly she goes and joins Adalmar and the grey robed hathran in drab boat.

She goes and takes a seat next to Adalmar, sitting down heavily and crossing her arms across her chest. "This should be fun." she mumbles.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

6. - Top - End - #1386

As soon as Elthan, Damian and Tiriel join Adalmar in the gray boat, the hathran backs the boat away from the shore and begins the journey to the west.

Retay, Anika, and Tanner join Khazrael in the red boat, and momentarily they too set off across the Lake.

Tryntha's experience has been primarily with smaller witchboats, but she finds the felucca similarly enchanted, and she has no trouble navigating the larger warboat. Once Aeroz, Callos, Grynde, Fizahn and Gala have settled in, she follows her sisters out into the Lake.

The sky lightens behind you as your sail westward. Once Rashemen has vanished from view, the other hathrans seem to relax slightly. It is hoped that you were able to sneak out of Immilmar and board the boats without alerting any potential spies of Lady Valentine.

Your mission will be perilous enough without giving up whatever small advantage you may have by attacking with surprise.

It is hours into the first day that you realize the full scope of this assault. As the morning mists burn off the surface of the Lake, and as your three boats catch up with the main group, you are treated to the sight of at least sixty other warboats scattered to port and starboard. Each of the boats carries a squad of berserkers who will support your assault on the vampire's base.

Most of the other boats are not controlled by hathrans, but you can see that they are expertly piloted by sail and by oar when necessary.

The day passes uneventfully, and as you continue to sail toward the setting sun and visibility drops, one by one the other boats vanish from sight. You sail on through the starry, moonless night. One by one, the boats check in using a simple link between the hathrans, including Tryntha.

Around midnight, the small armada halts to allow the hathrans to rest. At Tryntha's request, your three boats converge to allow each of you to converse quietly and continue to plan your assault.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-10-08 at 05:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Anika

Anika gets into the red boat without complaint; she had heard the same groups the night before and had no problem with her own group. I pity Tiriel, though... although it could be Callos in her group instead of Elthan, which would be an excellent way to mess everything up.

[hr]

When the vessels stop, Anika looks around. "Are we there yet?" she says to herself.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

Callos

You know...maybe..just maybe we have a chance... Callos allowed himself to think with a rare non-malicious smile as he saw the gathered warboats along with the ones that they themselves traveled in. Taking to the time to look around for any semi-private spot, he then sought out perhaps the most irritable person he had ever met besides himself. Pointedly reminding Grynde about his promise, he'd guide the half elf to the previously found spot to hear a little about him and teach him how to use his ring...

Spoiler
    Show
    You can put it up Grynde's response in the Private Chats thread or this one Matticus, doesn't matter to me.

Once that was done though, the necromancer soon sought out another person who had recently become interesting to him, the newly risen hathran. Standing a little awkwardly beside her for a long moment before he found himself able to speak. "I suppose I should apologize for not thanking you for your aide before Tryntha, but I was...distracted by everything going on there. If you hadn't noticed we are a bit diversified in out motives and intentions." He said dryly, eyes out across the lake to where the witch boat was taking him.

Idly twisting the svent ring on his finger before he turned back to her, eyes glittering with curiousty. "So...what exactly are the hathrans? Your specific sect of Rashemi culture has actually been of a lot of interest to me since the first one I met, I guess it's because the mask hints at mystery...I'd like to know more about you as well...like what you think of all this matter, your actual opinion and not what you feel you must do. Or your feelings on necromancy and mercenaries. The second mostly because of how you reacted to Damien...he's a decent man you know..
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #1389

Damian

Damian looks around from the boat with Elthan and Tiriel with dread as he sees the vast scope of the endeavor. He lightly fingers the wand at his belt nervously, fidgeting somewhat. The water clearly bothers him.

He glances over to Elthan as they travel. "Elthan - I have to ask you. How much do you trust me? I know you haven't known me very long, but as I tried to make it clear with Tryntha, I don't take using my abilities with my comrades lightly. They're useful, but I don't need them, and they're definitely not worth getting me killed over. If you've got a great objection to me using your spells, feel free to say so. But you can definitely know that I won't just take them for no reason. For one thing, you have to let me take them in any case."

He leans back slightly in the boat, trying to relax... but clearly failing. "For reference, the only time I've thought about taking a spell was when Khazrael was paralyzed when we fought a frost wyrm. That should give you an idea - I don't think about doing that unless the situation is desperate."

"You also never really explained what you are. I'm... pretty sure I can use your spells, but... you're a bit weird. It's like all of my instincts are screwy with you."

(later...)

When the ships pull together, Damian tries to keep a relaxed look on his face as he looks around to the others, and specifically to Adalmar. "Please, please tell me that you know enough about this place that we can formulate some sort of a plan, and that we're not about to charge into a pretty major battle with no clue."

edit: (OOC: forgot to address the earlier silversheen question) When Tanner mentions the silversheen and suggests giving it to Aeroz, Damian quickly nods. "Definitely, Aeroz, if you can use it, go ahead. I can do more with the wand than with a dagger in any case."
    Last edited by barawn; 2007-10-09 at 02:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390

Goblin

Retay

The barbarian gives Tanner one of his rare grins, and reaches over his shoulder to rest a hand on his greataxe. "She's already enchanted," he says proudly, apparently referring to the axe. "She'll cut those vampires down."

(later)

In the red boat, Retay hunches over, tense. He answers questions shortly or not at all. He stares across the Lake with a fierce glint in his eye.
    Last edited by Naleh; 2007-10-09 at 02:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Each boat has an ample supply of food and water for the two day trip and return. After tonight, there will be another day's worth of travel across the Lake, then you will time your landing on the opposite shore so that you arrive at dawn on the third day.

Adalmar recalls the ruins he played in as a teenager. Though setting foot in the City of Weeping Ghosts was strictly forbidden by the village elders, there was no way to keep the inquisitive adolescents of Kront from sneaking into the ruins on a dare or just out of curiosity. It was a long journey to the north from Kront, but it could be done in a day on a good horse.

Still, no teen, no matter how bold or foolish, ever stayed in the ruined city when the sun went down. Besides the old wives' tales of children (and adults) vanishing and never being seen again, there were the low moans and chilly winds that appeared out of nowhere, even in the middle of the day, that raised the teens' hackles and sent them scurrying back home with exaggerated stories to tell.

Adalmar recalls that the city was organized into a series of seven concentric circles. The outermost circles were little more than slight humps in the ground at this point, but by the third or fourth circle, the ruined stones poked up out of the ground enough to provide enough cover for a decent game of hide-and-seek.

The seventh, or most innermost, circle was a nearly intact black wall of stone, breached at its eastern side by an unimaginable force, leaving an enormous "V". Within its interior rose a ruined tower, not dissimilar in appearance to those of the watchtowers lining the western shore of the Lake.

If Lady Valentine had established a base in Shandaular, no doubt she would have chosen to make the ruined black tower her keep. From its crumbling ramparts, she could watch over the Lake towards Rashemen or take flight on one of her nightmares ...

"It is the only structure left standing with any style," observed Adalmar.

Adalmar's storytelling is interrupted when Grynde, who had been huddled in one of the feluccas with Callos, suddenly bursts into flame ...

OOC: Grynde takes 1 point of damage.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-10-09 at 09:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Tryntha

Tryntha had been enjoying the night under the stars on the boat. Callos's interest surprised her. Callos surprised her. He disgusted her on some levels, but she couldnt help but find herself intrigued.

"If we succeed in this, we can sit together and discuss many things over some jhuild."

She would not let her fascination with him override her duty. That very secrecy he spoke of was an important facet of Rashemi society, especially as it pertained to outsiders.

As she sat, running through her prayers in her head cataloging the magics she had prepared for the days ahead the eruption of flames spurred her into action.

Knowing how sounds carry over the water, she hissed sharply, but softly,

"Put him out or toss him over, that light will be seen for miles!"

As she finished, her hands began weaving through intricate gestures as she mouthed words of power

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Dispel Magic on Grynde

A few caster level checks for whatever might be effecting him at the moment:

Dispal CL Check - (1d20+7)[19]
    Dispal CL Check - (1d20+7)[21]
    Dispal CL Check - (1d20+7)[12]
    Dispal CL Check - (1d20+7)[25]
    Dispal CL Check - (1d20+7)[12]

If you need more, just feel free to roll em yerself DrB.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Tryntha attempts to suppress the effects of the magic ring to no avail. The flames surrounding Grynde are pure white and nearly blinding, but they radiate no heat and do not seem to be actually consuming any of Grynde's clothing or gear. Nevertheless, Grynde grimaces from pain as the holy aura burns him as if from the inside out.

Some cries of alarm can be heard from the other boats scattered across the water as Grynde lights up the Lake.

OOC: Grynde takes 1 point of damage.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

Callos

"Grynde!" Callos exclaimed loudly, scurrying back as the flames erupted with surprise on his face, what following next being a long string of curses in Undercommon and Draconic as he scrambled to his feet. Having the half-elf suddenly say the command word for the ring on his finger had not been something that Callos had been expecting to happen and he stared wide eyed as Tryntha tried to suppress it's effects.

"Say it again! Say 'ixen' again and turn off the bloody ring before it burns you from the inside out!" Callos exclaimed loudly, looking towards the shore they were headed towards to see if there might be movement though he couldn't hope to see anything from where he was. When, if, the ring turns off a relieved smile would come to his face as he helped pull Grynde up from the deck and laugh shakily, patting the half-elf on the back with his good hand. "Grynde, you know theres easier ways to kill yourself then immolation right? Don't startle me like that!"

After making sure that his rather dark and depressing companion was alright, Callos's head swiveled over to the hathran and he gave a brief nod to her. "I'd like that..though I admit I want to press for an earlier discussion date since I can't know if both of us will survive our current endeavor...or have jhuild around when we finish...what ever that is."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #1395

Khazrael

Khazrael watches Grynde burn from his spot aboard the red boat.

"What the hells are they doing over there? If they wanted to kill him, they could have done something less visible!"
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-10-09 at 01:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Grynde

From his slightly painful vantage point inside and outside the fire, Grynde screeches rather loudly one word, and tries to rip the ring off his finger with trembling hands.
    IXEN!

17. - Top - End - #1397

As quickly as it appeared, the holy aura vanishes and darkness returns to the Lake, leaving a Grynde-shaped afterimage temporarily burned into your retinae.

Grynde appears to be no worse for the wear externally, though he is sweating and looks uncomfortable. He pulls the cloisonne ring off of his middle finger and glares at it.

18. - Top - End - #1398

PirateCaptain

Tanner Gondsman

Tanner smiles back at Retay's comment regarding his axe. "Very good, then, Wrymslayer. May it cleave many enemies."

Once everyone is aboard and skimming over the water, Tanner looks around to those in the boat with him. He was glad to have Retay with him. Looking the large man over, Tanner could not help but admire him. He could tell that he was a good soul, but he was worried that the barbarian would fall. Tanner silently vowed that he would do everything in his power to prevent that.

Then, Tanner looks at Anika. Her shocks of golden hair were quite different than when he first met her. She also changed her name. In addition, it seems her personality has changed. This concerned Tanner, for her curt comments and identity crisis was foreign to him. "It seems that she is hiding something, but I don't quite know what," Tanner thinks to himself.

Speaking of mysteries, Tanner looks at the feather-locked Khazrael. Talk about enigmas, this one takes them all. It is apparant to Tanner that outsiders are among this group, but while Tiriel is the light of day, Khaz seems to be that of the night. It seems that Khaz is working to overcome his heritage, but Tanner knows that he cannot do so alone.

Tanner then looks overboard and looks for his own reflection in the lake. He cannot see it for the waves and current, but he wonders what the others think about him. He considers to himself, "This group lacks focus; a leader is needed. However, it seems that no one would want that...or at least want me to lead them. Everyone seems to have either their own agenda or they lack the skills - or the desire - to lead. Gond, guide me to help build the trust and favor in these men and women so that your work may be done."

As the cleric of Gond continues his silent prayer, the light of Grynde shines. Quickly turning to the source, he says reflexibly, "By the Maker!" He looks over at Anika and Khazrael noting that they seem to be the only ones with skills or items that could shroud the holy light. Just as he considers this start to be a bad omen, the light winks out; it lasted long enough for Tanner to realize the source. Looking at the others, Tanner says one word through clenched teeth that sounds more like a curse than anything else, "Grynde."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

19. - Top - End - #1399

Tiriel

Tiriel had been relieved when Damian and Grynde switched boats. She had not been looking forward to the idea of a multi-day trip in a small space with the two half-elves.
    Since she happened to be in the same boat as Adalmar, she listened to his discription of the tower and the encircling town with intrest. "This is going to be more complicated than I thought. It's more of a seige than a straight forward battle isn't it? I don't have much experince with that sort of thing. At least we have some help this time though."
    ---
    When the white light, and screams, issue from the other boat Tiriel reflexivily stands up, causing the boat to wobble, and she spends a few seconds regaining her balance. Then the light stops and Tiriel's left standing in the boat, feeling a bit silly. "What in all hells was that?!?" Once she figures out what had just happened she can't help but shout at the other boat, "Callos take that bloodly ring away from him now before I come over there and do it for you!"

ooc: she's shouting, not screaming at the otherboat. If the otherboat is out of range, then she'll be content to just talk to other passengers in her boat.
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-10-09 at 05:53 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

20. - Top - End - #1400

Damian

Damian immediately drops to crouch below the boat when Grynde lights up, and immediately begins scanning the horizon for any movement. This late at night, though... he glances over to Elthan and Fizahn quickly. "Elthan. Fizahn. Scan the horizon - watch for any movement other than our boats. Hopefully no one saw that, or discounted it, and it's unlikely we'd see them in any case, but it's better safe than sorry. Is he all right?"

Once things calm down, Damian turns back to Tiriel. "I'd say your assessment is pretty much correct. I'd call it a 'surgical strike' - everyone else here is intended to provide distraction/cover while we go, as quickly as we can, to recover the item. I have had a lot of experience with this, though. I can offer a few suggestions if needed. The tactics needed are relatively straightforward, though they may be slightly unpleasant."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1401

Adalmar

The ranger's gaze was unfocused as he recalled his memories... but he was startled out of his thoughtfulness by the sudden flames. They are taken care of fast enough, but he can't help being worried : "Are you alright ? Grynde, Tryntha, Callos ?"
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

22. - Top - End - #1402

Khazrael

Noting that Grynde is no longer in immediate danger, he glances to the yellow-robed hathran.

"So when we get close enough to the undead for a fight, are you gonna be able to back us up, or are you just here to pilot the boat?" He asks with a smile.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

Anika

Anika jumps and half draws her sword when the light from the holy aura hits her eyes, and then scowls and looks away as the light hurts her eyes, which had adjusted to the dark. "Was that Grynde? It must have been from the ring he had... I think he had the cloisonne one."

She falls silent when Khazrael addresses the hathran. Since she has no knowledge of the hathran order, she has no knowledge of the respect a hathran would be due, but suspects that Khazrael's remark fell somewhat short of that level of respect.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

I can honestly say that this was a rather large surprise...apparently Grynde isn't 'pure' enough to tolerate the ring's energies which leave two solutions...take the ring and pass it to someone else...or...teach him to be a better person which I already should be doing..

"Grynde...it would appear that you using that ring is ill-advised...unless you think you can tough out the pain..." Callos said a bit heavily as he glanced over at Adalmar's boat and called out back to him. "Everyone's fine...sort of...Grynde needs minor burn wound treatment but other then that everyone's fine!"

Another sigh then as he glared at the ring himself, why'd it have to be so picky like the other one had been? "Hmmm...you could probably still use it you know...if your willing to let me help you out some. I think the ring burns because of your past...indiscretions, if you work past those things I think it would work for you, what do you say? Until then maybe we can see about you and the necromanerist switching rings so that you still get something for the payment you offered me."

Sure he didn't need to do that last part, technically he had done his part since the half-elf knew how to use the ixen ring, but Callos was anything is not fair and he knew that just as technically he had cheated Grynde out of what he had sought after in the first place...a usable magical ring.

25. - Top - End - #1405

Fizahn:

"This is crazy. Another ring rejects the half-elf." Fizahn says, voice full of sarcasm. When he speaks again, his voice is condescending and mocking. "You know, I believe we didn't want you to have that ring Grynde. Best to just pass it on to another person now. You know, someone who can use it." Fizahn's eyes widen when Callos offers to switch rings. His hand immediately goes to rest on his 'short sword's' hilt. "So help me... Whomever! If you let Grynde anywhere near that 'kill' ring, things will not be pleasant. You didn't trust me with it, remember? I'm not the crazy person with rage issues! I'm just highly sarcastic!" Fizahn's 'short sword' is partially out of it's scabbard, and he is glaring at Grynde.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

26. - Top - End - #1406

PirateCaptain

Tanner Gondsman

Tanner continues to watch the boat with Grynde as further commotion seems to continue. He concentrates and focuses his energies as he casts the spell to transform him into the celestial form like that of Tiriel. Using his ties with the positive plane, he 'locks' his spell so that it will continue to last. His cloak masks his appearance, and Tanner uses his new-found darkvision to scan over the waters to see if he needs to take flight to the other boat. He is glad to be in this form should the light or noise attract undue attention.

Deciding to let the others handle it for the moment, Tanner listens for the Hathran's response to Khazrael's question regarding the upcoming conflict.

Edit: changed Khazrael for Anika (see below); thanks BF!
    Last edited by Darius; 2007-10-11 at 11:01 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Gala

Gala stifles a yelp and shields her eyes with her arm as Grynde seemingly explodes right next to her. "What the...?!"

Dragons, death threats, and half-elves suddenly turning as bright as the sun are a little beyond her ken from her experiences with other groups. She gapes as Callos talks Grynde through reversing the ring's effects--she was almost ready to push him overboard, if that would help. He probably wouldn't like that, or me, very much afterwards though.

These rings intrigued Gala. They could be a very useful tool in the battles ahead, used correctly. If nothing else, knowing which ring bearer could wield a holy aura in battle could be a good thing to know. She watches the exchange with interest but stays silent.

28. - Top - End - #1408

All remains quiet on the Lake, though several of you remain on alert for a while after Grynde's activation of his ring.

Khazrael

Noting that Grynde is no longer in immediate danger, he glances to the yellow-robed hathran.

"So when we get close enough to the undead for a fight, are you gonna be able to back us up, or are you just here to pilot the boat?" He asks with a smile.
    She looks down at him through her mask. She does not return Khazrael's smile.

"We have been instructed to protect and assist you. Sons and daughters of Rashemen will die so that you may accomplish your mission."

Her tone carries a hint of bitterness and skepticism that Grynde's blunder and the inter-party bickering have done nothing to assuage.

Grynde holds the cloisonne ring between his thumb and index finger. Will he choose to keep it, or pass it on to another?
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-10-12 at 09:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1409

Khazrael

Well, somebody's gotta protect this place.

He responds, "No sweat, lady, I just wanted to know if you need to be kept out of the way when things go south. Obviously, you'll be fine."

He tugs at the hem of his jacket and rubs off a bit of lint.

"I spent a lot of time down below. I'll have you know that prolonged exposure to cynicism has granted me quite an immunity."

He tosses her a wink and looks out over the water toward their destination.

30. - Top - End - #1410

PirateCaptain

Tanner Gondsman

Tanner cannot help but like Khazrael after his comment and handling of the Hathran. "Thank you, Gond, for steering me to this boat," Tanner silently lifts a prayer of thanks to his maker.

Tanner then looks at the Hathran and says in Rashemi, "It is true that sons and daughters will die, but more will die if we fail." Tanner hopes that speaking the native tongue of the Hathran will allow her to save face - not that she would care.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw