New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Recent Pathfinder FAQs Pummeling gets Pummeled

The one other question I have about advanced class guide is in regards to the Nature Fang archetype. Does its sneak attack ability scale like a rogue's, or does it only get 1d6 (if so that seems like a horrid trade for wild shape).
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thealtruistorc View Post
    The one other question I have about advanced class guide is in regards to the Nature Fang archetype. Does its sneak attack ability scale like a rogue's, or does it only get 1d6 (if so that seems like a horrid trade for wild shape).
    A: It doesn't list any kind of scaling, so you get _1_d6 of Sneak, ever.
    B: Technically, you trade "Resist Nature's Lure" for the Sneak die, and "Wild Shape" for Slayer Talents every 2 levels.
    2B: Even if it did trade Wild Shape for the Sneak die, you have to remember that archetypes are (ideally) balanced on the whole, NOT by each piecemeal trade. Empyreal Knight is a great example of this. The first archetype trade is losing Divine Grace, and gaining "Speak and Read Celestial Language"...despite this, the archetype (with enough levels) becomes fairly decent.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It does however specify that it "functions as the rogue sneak attack ability." This implies that it also scales the same way given that the Rogue's Sneak Attack ability mentions scaling.(+1d6/2 levels)
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by torrasque666 View Post
    It does however specify that it "functions as the rogue sneak attack ability." This implies that it also scales the same way given that the Rogue's Sneak Attack ability mentions scaling.(+1d6/2 levels)
    It lacks a mention that your NF level counts as your rogue level - which is what makes normal sneak attack scale. By RAW it won't increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

RAW-wise? Yes.
    RAI-wise? Heavily implied. And/or reasonable houserule.
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by torrasque666 View Post
    It functions as Sneak Attack, because it is Sneak Attack. It only mentions "rogue" because that is the first place the Sneak Attack rules were written down, and Pharasma help they, they aren't going to type all that crap out a second time.

You will notice that every other archetype EVER that grants Sneak Attack mentions a progression of when you get the next die.
    Strangler, specific levels mentioned
    Bushwacker, scales every 4 levels
    Sandman, scales every 5 levels
    Greensting Slayer, every 4 levels
    Vivisectionist, odd one out in that is _actually_ counts as Rogue levels for Sneak attack progression (meaning a Vivi 1/Rogue 1 only has 1d6 Sneak)

Nature Fang does not mention ANYTHING about a continued progression.

You'll notice that most Sneak archetypes reference the Rogue, but have a completely different scaling of Sneak dice.
    You'll also note that every other archetype that gets Sneak dice trades away a scaling/recurring feature, but Nature Fang trades away a singe, one time feature.

Nature Fang = 1d6 Sneak dice, no scaling
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide