New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 10: Results may not be between 1 and 10

Oasis Forest Dungeon

'Mmmkay...' Kelcey says, trying not to sound too rude. That's a slightly wierd way to feed even by vampire standards. 'I'll go on ahead.' With that, she brushes away vines and disappears through the entrance. Soon, Sharpe should hear,

'Axanot put on some clothes dammit!Were you experimenting again?!I get that you're a curious person, but this is not the world we used to be in!'

(It has a nonsexual explanation, serious! I coukd explain it either IC or OOC. Take your pick.)

Should Sharpe choose to go the same way Kelcey went, he should find her and Axanot standing knee-deep in a pool. Axanot would've already worn her chainmail bikini- not that far from naked, admittingly- but is still wearing her necklace, bracers, greaves, and other assorted accessories, which she had laid on a nearby flat rock.

'Also, Sharpe's- here. Yeah,' Kelcey will notice Sharpe walking in, and be visibly embarrassed, even if she isn't blushing.

Axanot is just plain surprised, however. 'Hi Sharpe. What are you doing here?'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 11:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Oasis Forest Dungeon

Sharpe suddenly appears at the entrance, rapier in hand. "Say what now? Ah, sorry. That's bad of me. Bad Sharpe!" Sharpe says, making a show of turning away from the ladies.

Sharpe turns to face an embarassed Kelcey. "So, experimenting, are we? Do you two need some time alone?" Sharpe says with a grin. He's still not looked at Axanot.

Axanot is just plain surprised, however. 'Hi Sharpe. What are you doing here?'
    Sharpe stares at Axanot for a moment in an obvious manner, his mouth slightly open. She's just as lovely as ever. Sharpe composes himself and replies: "Looking for you, apparently. And I--" Sharpe doesn't notice the charging stone rhino until it's too late. The force of the rhino's attack sends Sharpe flying towards a wall, dazing him. He had reflexively swung his rapier at the rhino, but the blade bounced off its thick hide harmlessly. "She loves me, she loves me not. Do you love me, my little dagger--" Sharpe says, throwing stars circling around his head.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oasis Forest Dungeon

Axanot has wounds and bruises all over her body, by the way.

'What.' This one word pretty much sums up Axanot's reaction. It does look rather like a romantic comedy, after all.

Kelcey moves towards the rhino from behind, and attempts to slash it, but is completely unaffected. 'Is this one of those stupid immunities again?' Kelcey groans.

Axanot takes action. She jumps off the large rock next to her, leaping into the air. As she falls towards the rhino, she clenches her fists, yells 'Bash damage had better do it. HAMMERING BLOW!', and, if she succeeds, lets loose a flurry of vicious punches straight into the rhino's skull.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 11:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Oasis Forest Dungeon

((Roll for dexterity ))

Axanot used HAMMERING BLOW. It's super effective!

The rhino manages to headbutt Axanot away, but the damage has been done. The stone rhino starts running around wildly, trying to headbutt anything in its way, even narrowly missing Kelcey. It appears berserk, but on closer inspection, it appears the rhino has been blinded by the blows. That means the blows worked.

Unfortunately for the trio, the rhino's next blind target appears to be Sharpe, who appears to just be getting up from his daze.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oasis Forest Dungeon

Axanot regains her balance and makes another leap, landing in a spot between Sharpe and the stone rhino. She clenches her fist, and when the rhino is close enough, will attempt to give it a hard punch below its jaw, while shouting 'UPPERCUT!'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 11:53 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Oasis Forest Dungeon

Axanot sure is pissed!

The punch doesn't land below its jaw, but below its upper torso, sending it flying upwards and backwards. As it hits a nearby wall, its horn first breaks off, then its legs, then its torso, and so on and so forth until all that's left of the rhino is a few chunks of grounded rhinoceros. Within the chunks is an orb that could be sold for good money, or kept for its lucky properties.

Should Axanot turn around, she'd see Sharpe right behind her, as he licks the blood of the minotaur from his blade. Holding his side, he straightens and looks straight at Axanot.

"Thanks a lot, Axxie." He has a tired look on his face. "You don't look so good. Want me to heal you again? Just like in--" Sharpe says, before falling sideways on the floor and passing out.

((After teleporting, post in Home, including the first thing Sharpe'll see when he opens his eyes. Kelcey can come. Also, Kelcey gets to heal Sharpe. She can heal Axanot too, but that'd be Axanot's call.))
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-02-09 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Axanot didn't turn around

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oasis Forest Dungeon- Reward!

Axanot doesn't turn around, but goes to the wall to loot the corpse pick up the orb, and examines it. Kelcey walks to Axanot, and while they're too far away for their conversation to be heard, it's clear Kelcey is trying to lecture Axanot. The barbarian, looking apologetic, stuffs the orb into her breast pocket and makes her way to Sharpe, Kelcey following closely behind.

That's when Sharpe offers to heal her, and passes out.

'This is bad. Okay, I'll be teleporting everyone to Sharpe's home, alright? Get him.'

Axanot picks Sharpe's limp body up, holding him in her muscular arms.

'How did you k-'

'Teleport Party!'

(will post in Home)
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-09 at 12:24 AM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Landing Zone

That was one large ship, Cessie first thought. It was not until Jezebel said it she realized this was just their version of a lifeboat to the ship. The thing itself must be enormous.
    Garn makes no expression but Cessie leans a bit closer to Jezebel. "You said these people were pirates?" She whispers. "I honestly don't know how to feel yet. Nervous I suppose."
    Landing Zone

Jezebel gives a small smile towards Cessie. "They are, and it is okay to be nervous, but I do promise that some of this trip will be fun." She swears as they head up onto the Transport. The interior is quite large as they enter a cargo hold, only to be lead through a couple airlock style doors to an empty room lined with a dozen chairs that have harnesses along the walls. Their guide nods and gestures towards the seats before heading off on her own, leaving the three of them alone. Cessie will see that each seat has a small lockbox underneath. There's a larger metal harness in the corner designed with something the size of Garn in mind as well.

"If you want, I can show you how to strap in if you would like to take a seat. It'll be a bumpy ride until we're out of atmosphere." Jezebel explains.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Deserted Caverns

Jace smiles.
    "Aw, don't say that. You say it as if it wouldn't be worth it just to give Zebes someone to show off to."
    The dragon grins a toothy dragon grins and turns to her.
    "I think he's projecting again." he says. Jace chuckles as he heads up the latter to the Commander's office. Hopefully Veronica can either work the ladder or fly up the hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Deserted Cavern

There isn't actually a ladder. It's a staircase, through a doorway, going up and another going down.

Up the ladder is a corridor bordered by five doors, all closed. Here there's bodies; shattered skeletons, mostly, lying on a floor covered in black and white tiles organised in a checker pattern. There's three skeletons, lying mostly fully articulated, and two more that have been completely scattered. One of the skeletons is clutching a broken spear, one has a heavy mithril mace and the third has a notched scimitar. Two doors are made of thick oak with brass plates nailed to them, one is made of a polished slab of pink granite perfectly counterbalanced, one is a standard steel bunker door with a black star-shape painted onto it; the star shape has an evil grinning face and the final door is made from bones magically moulded together into a single slab, with a skull set into it at head-height; hammered into the skull's eye-sockets are lumps of black onyx.
    Deserted Cavern

"That's okay. I love it when you two show off."
    The Harpy says with a grin as she heads on up.

Veronica freezes the moment she sees the skeletons before deciding to scramble them up a bit before they can come to life (if they come to life). She'll kick the skeletons apart while they're on the ground to scatter the bones about the room so they aren't even close to being in a humanoid shape if she can.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Zebes chuckles. "Rule number two: Double-tap." he mutters as Jace fires off a few blasts of acid at the various scattered skulls that his girlfriend isn't in possible splash radius of. Better safe than sorry, after all.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

The skeletons don't resist being scattered, and the skulls dissolve quite easily. They might get the impression they're being watched, though.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Bugbear in the Playground

Landing Zone

Garn does not seem to like the idea of being strapped anywhere. This whole place was weird and foreign, why did his creator want to go here?
    Cessie is more concerned about her own safety at the moment however. "Yes, please. I don't want to act like a complete alien once we're there." And all this was completely alien to her right now. "It would be very helpful if you could point out everything about these ships I need to know right away so I don't have to ask later."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

"Oo. Shiny." Veronica says when she bends over to pick up the special mace. It's difficult for her to do so, but she slips it into her back unless something prevents her from doing so. Afterwards she takes a looks around with a frown. "I bet breakfast when we get back that the creepy face in the star is acting as someone's eyes." She says, sticking her tongue out at the thing.

Sure, very mature Veronica. Very Mature.

Landing Point

Jezebel takes a moment to show Cessie which straps go where before adjusting them and fastening. "This ship will probably take off in a few minutes. When it does, you'll feel heavy. Very heavy. You might even have a bit of a hard time breathing, but that's okay as it'll only be like that for a couple minutes. Once that's over, you'll feel weightless for about an hour. That's where it gets fun." Jezebel adds with a grin. "We'll be able to look out the viewports when that happens too."

After that, she looks over to Garn. "I know it'll be awkward, but the straps are to give you support and keep you from falling or floating off during the trip."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Jace nods. "Let's find out." he says, and waves a hand in front of his face, trying to pick up the presence of any magic in the room, particularly the doors.

14. - Top - End - #314

Landing Point

Garn says nothing, he doesn't even look at Jezebel. He just stares stubbornly at the straps until someone helps him with them.

"Weightlessness sounds like an experience." Cessie admits. "I'm honestly not sure what to feel about the rest of this though, it's all very new to me so I guess I have to take it as it comes." She would probably have to do that a lot during this adventure, to be honest, she felt fairly nervous which probably shows.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

And so Veronica loses the bet. They are being watched- but by the black onyx in the eye sockets of the skull in the door made from magically moulded bone, not the eyes in the symbol of the scavengers that originally lived here.

Other magic in the room includes the mace, which bursts into flames when swung, and the scimitar, which oozes poison when commanded; an ability unknown to the necromancers, otherwise it would be in the hands of something that could actually speak the command word ('belladonna'). The broken spear, meanwhile, has a head of Valyrian Steel, and is therefore very light, very sharp and equally very valuable; the spear's shaft is white weirwood.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Jace will stick the weapons in his haversack, but only after drawing his knife and prying the onyx stones out of the skull with a precise hand.
    "Well, this was the magic spy door. Think we should try it first, or should we take the other routes before going down that way?" he asks Veronica, in good spirits.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Transport

"I think you'll like the lack of gravity actually. We'll stay in here for it however as once gravity starts to come back we don't want to fall five meters like we would in the cargo hold."
    Jezebel explains before heading over to Garn to help fasten him in while showing how to remove himself from the straps as well. At the end, she smiles up to him and tries to kiss his cheek before turning back to Cessie. "One thing I think you'll enjoy most though, you'll get to see what everything looks like from space. This plane is...unique."

Deserted Caverns

"Other doors first. If that's the one they were spying from, then that's what the people will be behind. We can loot everything else first."
    Veronica points out with a grin, finding the excitement rather infectious at this point. "I can have my camera stay here and watch the door though so we don't get surprised by anyone else."

18. - Top - End - #318

Transport

That... does not go well with the gargoyle who grunts loudly and waves his arms around while staring angrily at Jezebel.
    "That doesn't sound too ba-" Cessie starts before Garn starts wailing around. "What's going on? Is he being a big baby again?" SHe doesn't seem to have noticed what happened.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Transport

"It's because I kissed his cheek in return for him coming along. And to watch him squirm a bit."
    Jezebel admits before heading to her own seat and straps herself in. As she does so, small lights in the room turn red and flash three times before shutting off. A moment later, there is a low rumbling that begins to fill the air of the ship."Are you two prepared? Lift-Off is about to happen. Brace yourselves."

20. - Top - End - #320

Transport

Cessie don't know wherever to look amused or horrified, but she shouldn't be surprised with Jezebel. She was about to comment on it when she ship started up. At first the suspected that something might be wrong. Jezbel's reassurance calmed her though. "As prepared as I can be." She replies sheepishly, swallowing the seed of fear from earlier. This was it, no way to back out now.

Garn just settles down, unlike his master he doesn't appear worried about the flight at all. He seems far more concerned that the stupid new friend woman was doing weird stuff with him for some stupid reason.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Transport

The rumbling gets louder and louder, shaking the entire ship before, presumably, it lifts off. Cessie and Garn will feel like a great weight has been placed upon them, making it hard to breathe and making her dizzy. It is extremely loud, but eventually it fades along with the pressure after five minutes. Jezebel appears to have laid her head back to sleep during the entire process, even as the gravity begins to lessen. Only when Cessie's hair begins to float around her will Jezebel reopen her eyes and unstrap herself.

She gives Cessie and Garn a smile before pushing herself up from her seat to float in the air. "Just be sure to orient yourself well. It can get confusing to both mind and body if you do not."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

The onyx resists being gouged out, though chipping at the bone will certainly help- the onyx was placed into the sockets, then the bone was moulded around them to make them secure. Carrying them with him is likely a bad idea; now he has a pair of magical sensors (which are still seeing, hearing and transmitting) in his pocket. They can't see, admittedly, but they can hear.

I don't know which door they shall go through first, so I can't describe what lies before it. Jace is presently closest to the moulded bone door, whilst Veronica- unless she's moved since picking up the mace- is closest to one of the copper-plated oak doors.

23. - Top - End - #323

Transport

So far it was all as Jezebel had claimed so Cessie didn't feel too worried, nothing could have prepared her for the feeling of weightlessness however. Strange was the only word that came to mind, like her whole body suddenly had been cut off from whatever invisible strings that had held it tied to the ground. She wasn't sure what to feel about it, if she let go of the harness, would she even be able to control where she went? "How long will this last?" She wonders out loud to give her more time to consider getting out or not.

Garn stubbornly attempts to not look amazed by the weightlessness, the stupid stranger wasn't going to make him amazed by anything!

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Jace nods, crushing the stones with the mace before moving on, choosing the wooden door on the left.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Leaving the hover-cam behind to stand guard, Veronica follows her boyfriend through the wooden door, keeping her eyes and ears open for anything that might jump out at them.

Transport

"We'll have maybe an hour or so I believe."
    Jezebel says before giving herself a slight push so she can fly towards the air towards the ceiling. At the last moment she rolls and "lands" upside down in a crouch so she doesn't go bouncing off what is the ceiling from Cessie's perspective. "If you do wander around, always try to keep your perspective natural. Whatever surface you're standing on should be the ground to you. If you try to keep track of the actual floor, you'll just get dizzy and sick. I've seen it happen quite a bit." She explains before reaching up towards her own face. "And you may start to feel congested since all the fluid in your body will try to spread out evenly now. It tends to make people's faces a little more child like."

26. - Top - End - #326

Transport

"That's good to know." Cessie replies, considering this new information. Imagining herself walking on, whatever she now should call the ceiling, like Jezebel. It was really moments like these she knew she was older, the younger her would never have hesitated at a chance of exploring such a odd phenomena but the older more experienced Cessie wasn't quite so thrilled. She felt like an old woman even if she was just 29.
    She thoughtfully strokes the safe belt. "We'll get a warning once gravity is about to return right?" She asks.

Meanwhile Garn is trying is darndest to pretend to ignore that there suddenly wasn't any gravity around him. Which was made all the harder when Jezebel wasn't looking at him. How could he be a stick in the mud if no one was watching?

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

The stones are crushed! Though I thought Veronica had the mace. Unless he has another one, anyway.

Through the first door it is! Behind this door is a bedroom. There's a large, ornate oak chest with engraved silver panels decorated with swirls, circles and spirals next to the door. Opposite is a simple metal-framed single unmade bed, with a plain wooden coffin resting upon it. Pushed hastily into the coffin is a withered, dessicated corpse wearing red silk robes; a leg is sticking out. There's also a low pine-wood chest of drawers and a yew wardrobe.

The drone won't see anything this post.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Once again, Jace takes a deep breath and waves a hand, trying to sense ambient magic in the room. He doesn't trust corpses or boxes in a place like this.
    "Hold up. Give me a second." he says to Veronica so she doesn't walk over to anything before he's done.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Veronica doesn't have much to do at this point except stand still, waiting for the all clear. She has no ability to see magic or detect traps, so she's having to rely upon Jace for everything even though she hates it.

Transport

"The lights will flash again. Come on you two, this'll be the only chance you'll have for a long time. It'll be fun, I promise." Jezebel says, grinning before pushing off the ceiling lightly and spinning as she twists in the air. Eventually she touches down on the floor again. "I can always give you two support if you need it."

30. - Top - End - #330

Transport

Garn does not budge an inch. The gargoyle is turned away from Jezebel and Cessie with his arms wrapped around his chest. This was a perfect time to be defiant to that stupid stranger woman!

Cessie on the other hand carefully unbuckles the safety belt and finds herself floating upwards. "Tha-that's okay Jezebel, I'm just going to float a bit I think. Nothing difficult." She can't help but looking rather amazed at the weightlessness though, it was quite unlike flying.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-02-21 at 09:06 AM.