New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Planeside

1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Planeside

[Dungeon?]

"Lets back up a little first," Fortuna says, hovering back into the hallway where she'll still have a view of what's inside. Once Jace is about of the way?

Fortuna grabs the key with a psyshock field and gives it a little tug, yanking it off the bush.

There is, briefly, as sound of grinding stone, moments before the ceiling of the room comes wooshing down and crushes everything in the little chamber into paste. Now there's berry juice all over the floor. From their position outside of the room, our heroes will be able to a big grinning geodude face carved into the side of the mooshing-rocking moments before it retracts back into the ceiling.

Those poor berry bushes have been pulped.

Fortuna gives a little gulp. "Eheh... Good call, Jace."

Khannie, meanwhile, is listening to Kate with rapt attention and nodding every now and again to make it seem like she knows what Kate is talking about. The sound of smashing stone, though, catches her attention in a hurry. She leaps off Zebes' shoulders and goes running down the hall! "Daddy! Daddy, are you okay?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeon?

Kate rushes after Khannie, intending to grab her and at least slow her down. Kate doesn't want have to extract KHannie from a dangerous situation, too!

Thankfully, everyone is okay and all. Kate will sigh in relief.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Palace of Death, Gloom]

Izanami sighs... she knew she'd missed something.

I gave you the power of Recall, so you can always return here... but until you have your steed, you cannot easily leave.

And then she notices Chesepeak

Blast it all... how can they have quite so many people on hand who can divine like that? We have to return to the temple: my touch was an accident and I had to fix you. Fortunately, we had no squabble or other altercation to alert them otherwise and thanks to that little jab I have my own mortal form back.

She reaches out her hand and her voice shifts

Come, my darling, let us put on a show for them.

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick chuckles

I think we're headed in the general direction.

Tsukiko laughs lightly

That truly is the most important and will help with out goal of expanding our footprint to the Nexus, which is an important part of the strategy as well: we must not remain concentrated all on one world.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-04-07 at 03:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon?

Jace chuckles nervously and heads back. He smiles at Khannie, giving her a small hug to reassure her.
    "I'm just fine, Khannie. And look, we got a key! We should go try to open that door now." he says, all smiles despite the danger.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #725

[Dungeon?]

Fake it until you make it!

No reason to let Khannie know they could have been squashed like weasels on weasel stomping day if not for Jace's suspicion about the key.

"Neat!" Khannie replies, returning the hug. "I wonder what kind of cool stuff will be inside?"

The trek back is pretty easy, all things considered. They HAD already beaten their foes after all. Once they arrive at the door, Fortuna will fit the key in and give it a twist. There's a clacking sound, followed by the grinding of stone on stone as the door slides away to reveal-!

A rock!

A rock shaped like a little sun, radiating warm power. It's shedding quite a bit of light. And given that the surface of the room its in is highly reflective, much of it is getting piped off into the tunnel above the stone's alcove. Maybe that's where the light is coming from?

Kate may feel... drawn to it.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeon?

"Ah HA! I recognize that! It's a sun stone! It evolves Skiploo- no, Gloom into Belossom! That's it." She goes over and picks it up. "I'm not sure what we're going to do with this, I didn't see any-" She begins to glow.

"...crud."

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon?

Zebes was going to warn her, but alas, he is too slow.
    "Tell us how it is. We've been curious." he says simply.
    After all, he can't press B for her.

8. - Top - End - #728

[Dungeon?]

"Oh my gosh, she's evolving!" Khannie gasps. As far as she's concerned, evolving is great! Too bad she can't ever do it...

Fortuna does a tiny little face-palm.

Poor Kate.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeon?

As the light fades, a taller red lizard is left standing there. For a moment, anyway, before she sits down.

"That was... different. I need a moment." Kate shakes her head again. "Ngah, everything is weird again."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2015-04-07 at 04:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

Hikari nods, smiling, and takes Izanami's hand, saying, "Indeed. Let us be off."

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen smirks at Frederick and says, "Perhaps. I don't think I'm ready yet, though." She then nods to Tsukiko and says, "I see. If there is any way at all I can help, outside of..." She coughs before continuing, "Increasing the population. Please, do tell. I'd be happy to do anything."

11. - Top - End - #731
    Pixie in the Playground

And they're off!

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick's ears fold down as that got just a little more embarrassing than he intended.

Tsukiko chuckles

Help keep the numbers from getting any smaller, and help secure our place in the world: make sure people know about us, learn about us, and try to help people accept us.

Honestly, there will probably be quite a bit of damage control resulting from Keiko's antics.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon?

"Ooh, tell me if anything seems different to you mentally. I've always wanted to know whether or not the show made that up." Zebes says.

Of course some pokemon have different mindsets post-evolution, but those seem to be cases like Gyrados. Not just normal progression evolutions.

Orochi's Palace

Steven practically chokes, trying not to laugh at that statement.
    Eventually, he manages to get out, "We'll do our best, as always."
    Smooth, Steven. Smooth.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen snrks as well, but simply grins smirkingly and says, "Alright. I get it. I'll do what I can to help."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick shakes his head

I had no idea I was joining the marketing department

Tsukiko tilts her head and smiles

But that is such an excellent place for an historian. You know the trends, you know what worked for which people, and what did not. You are rather critical to our plans, Frederick: why do you think we turned you?

Now we have all three facets covered with mortal representatives to the Nexus who have the authority to work out what our people need: Political, with Helen. Divine, with Steven. Academic, with you. We have no worries for finances, and Inari already covers the military.

Even should the unthinkable happen and our home come to an end, our people will live on... thanks to you.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-04-07 at 09:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven shakes his head in surprise.
    "I...don't think I'm all especially divine compared to anyone else. Helen's a higher rank than me, after all."

Of course, in a short time he'll be commissioned as Messenger while Helen is still "just" a princess. Tsukiko is probably aware of this, but Steven isn't.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen nods, blinking and says sounding slightly miffed, "Yeah...Not to offend you Steven, but how are you closer to the divine than me? And how am I good at politics?"

17. - Top - End - #737

[Dungeon?]

"Are you feeling okay, Kate?" Fortuna asks, concern in her tone.

"You're taller than me now!" Khannie says. And then takes a moment or two to look Kate up and down. "I think I'm still stronger than you."

Probably.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeon?

Kate sighs, and stands up. "I guess, technically, I feel "good" but I'm not sure if I'm happy about that. I wonder if it's a endorphin high made to encourage someone to accept the change. I feel more powerful, a lot more powerful, maybe a little hyperactive, but again, I'm not sure if I'm happy about it. I don't think there's any mental changes? I'll let you know if I notice any. Let's just do this fast and hope this doesn't mess with me turning back." Kate's take on this situation is borderline pessimistic...
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2015-04-08 at 09:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon?

Zebes nods.
    "Well, if you say so, Kate. Let's form up, team! We're off!" he declares, and doubles back again to return to the face-fork and take the path untrodden, the smiley one. I guess the easy hint really was that easy.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Orochi's Palace]

Helen nods, blinking and says sounding slightly miffed, "Yeah...Not to offend you Steven, but how are you closer to the divine than me? And how am I good at politics?"
    Tsukiko grimaces

Helen... you are a royal princess. You actually have a far greater authority to speak for the family than you perhaps realize... we need you and your direct practicality. The decisions you make will affect our entire people.

And Steven is a Messenger in training - not family, on purpose. He will be...

Tsukiko stops short, uncertain how much to say. Frederick shuffles

I detest religious metaphors. Steven's got a guaranteed job as long as he wants it, but it means the future is set for him and there's no ... wonder. We're still free agents, but you've got a really fat contract for the next three hundred odd years.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven twiddles his thumbs awkwardly.
    "I mean, as part of my family's contract I was given a body that will outlive even my youngest brother's great-grandchildren. Almost everything is a fat contract when that was the first thing on the table." he says quietly.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen blinks and says, "Oh. I see. I didn't...I'm sorry. I...Didn't realize how important I am." She bows her head to Tsukiko and says, "Forgive me."

23. - Top - End - #743
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick looks around, realizes a distraction is called for, closes his eyes briefly, sighs, then:

So, Johann, what did make an insulated NefKitre like you end up with the NorZilliar's favorite messenger of Tamamo?

Johann coughs

You guys caught her attention when Myobi... went back home. It's a well documented condition for these Messengers, you know... I met her down in Rouen

Frederick nods

Always Rouen! But oh.. yes: the wonders of life and all that.

He looks at Tsukiko

Have you seen her in the ... tradidional ... ninetails outfit, yet?

Tsukiko's eyes go wide and offended

FREDERICK!
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-04-08 at 10:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven chuckles, pointing with his fork.
    "Now, I might have only had this tail for half a year, and had only a little bit more time than that to get familiar with the vulpine index of innuendo, but I'm fairly sure that was not a dinner table one, Fred." he says simply.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen tilts her head in Frederick's direction and says, "I haven't heard that one either. You'll have to explain to me later. In private."

26. - Top - End - #746

[Dungeon?]

Down the stairs they go!

At the bottom is a small room with a passage leading off in all four cardinal directions!

And also?

A single jigglypuff.

The obnoxious balloon pokemon begins singing right away.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeon?

Kate sees the Jigglypuff, reflexively fans her collar (heh, it makes her look silly), and then tries to hit the Jigglypuff with a Thunder attack.

Kate's seen the anime. She knows how this song and dance goes.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick grins, his ears betraying that he isn't the least embarrassed

Heh... sorry, that was a bit over the line, wasn't it? And yeah, I'll explain later sweetie.

Seriously, though: how are things back home?

Johann shakes his head

Looks like we've got a trade war brewing with Brittannia. You know we've been on good terms with the Troglodytes, right? Well, with their help we opened a tunnel, and now we have a direct route to Kunstlerberg, skipping the Southie's toll-road altogether. Losing their precious taxes on our trade with the Gnomes did not sit well with them...

Frederick winces

Ouch...

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon

Zebes doesn't even need to look at the shape. He knows what to expect just from seeing pink.

"NOPE!" he roars.
    "NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE!" he yells, probably making far too much noise for anyone to sleep, and runs up to it with a Brick Break roundhouse kick to finish it off if Kate didn't.

Orochi's Palace

Steven relaxes and smiles, letting Frederick discuss his foreign politics...

30. - Top - End - #750

[Dungeon?]

craKOOOM! goes the massive lightning bolt!

The attack leaves the Jigglypuff all scorched and smouldering, but still standing. The dragon-kick to the face remedies that in a hurry. The jigglypuff makes a sound like a sad, deflating balloon as it flops over and flattens out on the floor.

Welp!

That's certainly one way to solve a problem.

"Oof," Fortuna grunts. "That was brutal. No markings on the doors this time around, so hopefully that means no more traps."

Hopefully.

The next set of traps might be even trickier!