New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Avengers: Age of Ultron

The trailer just came out yesterday, and I am so excited for the movie to come out!

Although one of the things that bugs me is that it appears as though Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in this movie as well.
    I don't know how well Fox Entertainment is gonna respond to this, seeing that Quicksilver was also in Days of Future Past.
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2014-10-23 at 09:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Since Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are very prominent members of the Avengers Marvel and Fox came to an agreement that both of them can use them, but Marvel can't refer to them as mutants or their connection to their father, while Fox can't refer to them as Avengers, or at least that is what I've heard.

I'm very, very excited for the movie, it looks so different from other Marvel's movies, the movie will be MCU's darkest hour and I love it.
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2014-10-23 at 09:30 AM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

That was a pretty sweet trailer. I look forward to this movie. :)
    Has a 'Empire Strikes Back' feel.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-10-23 at 09:32 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    That was a pretty sweet trailer. I look forward to this movie. :)
    Has a 'Empire Strikes Back' feel.
    Really? I mean, it was packed full of action, yeah, but it seems to me very little about the plot was actually conveyed, except "these people will be in it". Sure, it's up to personal preference but to me the trailer was more confusing than anything. Not that I'm not still hyped for the movie but yeah.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Really? I mean, it was packed full of action, yeah, but it seems to me very little about the plot was actually conveyed, except "these people will be in it". Sure, it's up to personal preference but to me the trailer was more confusing than anything. Not that I'm not still hyped for the movie but yeah.
    Several of the scenes seemed to me that the team is going to lose a lot in this battle and that victory will be bittersweet at best.
    But that was what I got out of it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking good. It seems that Ultron will be StarkTech rather than Pym - or maybe Tony just bought out Pym at some point or something.
    Not really seeing why they need to have a Hulk vs. IM scene, except to please the "ZOMG Hulkbuster armor" crowd.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Its just the Ultron story line; Stark creates Ultron to protect humans, Ultron views humans as the problem, and looks to eliminate them.

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    Looking good. It seems that Ultron will be StarkTech rather than Pym - or maybe Tony just bought out Pym at some point or something.
    Not really seeing why they need to have a Hulk vs. IM scene, except to please the "ZOMG Hulkbuster armor" crowd.

Spoiler
    Show
    Because the Avengers split at the end, with some reports suggesting Hulk gets shot into space. Hence the fight.
    Last edited by Z3ro; 2014-10-23 at 10:36 AM.
    I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ro View Post
    Its just the Ultron story line; Stark creates Ultron to protect humans, Ultron views humans as the problem, and looks to eliminate them.
    Really, though can you blame him?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ro View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Because the Avengers split at the end, with some reports suggesting Hulk gets shot into space. Hence the fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

Considering Marvel has teased Plane Hulk (alongside almost all other high-profile storylines) for summer 2015 I think we could see a MCU version of Planet hulk pretty soon.

By this point it is obvious that it will be Thanos in Avengers 3 the threat that forces them to reunite, but I'm wondering how will this plant the seeds for Civil War in CA3. Man this movie is going to be so awesome!

Just call me Dusk

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Really, though can you blame him?
    Nope. Seems like the logical conclusion a lot of AIs come to. Even when "Three Laws Safe" some AIs figure humanity is best left in a locked box. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BWR
    Well if Ultron isn't immune to getting pounded like a tin can by The Hulk, it might be a good idea to distract him by stealing the Hulk Buster armor and using it. ...which now raises the question to Tony on why he built that armor. Ah Tony, you lovable paranoid genius.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotta say, dig Ultron's voice.

12. - Top - End - #12

First off, just found out about the trailer today. And then watched it four times in a row.

Seems like Ultron himself is designed a bit different from the drones. Might take some getting used to him having a face that shows expressions.

Also noticed a distinct lack of Vision in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Considering Marvel has teased Plane Hulk (alongside almost all other high-profile storylines) for summer 2015 I think we could see a MCU version of Planet hulk pretty soon.

By this point it is obvious that it will be Thanos in Avengers 3 the threat that forces them to reunite, but I'm wondering how will this plant the seeds for Civil War in CA3. Man this movie is going to be so awesome!

Spoiler
    Show
    I would love a Planet Hulk movie, but it won't he next year. Marvel Studios only has two movies coming next year. Ant-man and Avengers.

However, they have a few dates reserved in 2016, 2017, and 2018 that have no movies announced for them yet. It could definitely be in one of those years.

Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet story is definitely what is connecting all of the MCU movies together. That was pretty much confirmed in Guardians. And since the Hydra group that has Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver also has Loki's staff, there will probably be some reference to that story in this movie. Not a huge reference, but it'll be there.

Now I'm wondering if they're gonna try to connect Agents of SHIELD into this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    First off, just found out about the trailer today. And then watched it four times in a row.

Seems like Ultron himself is designed a bit different from the drones. Might take some getting used to him having a face that shows expressions.

Also noticed a distinct lack of Vision in the trailer.

Spoiler
    Show
    I would love a Planet Hulk movie, but it won't he next year. Marvel Studios only has two movies coming next year. Ant-man and Avengers.

However, they have a few dates reserved in 2016, 2017, and 2018 that have no movies announced for them yet. It could definitely be in one of those years.

Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet story is definitely what is connecting all of the MCU movies together. That was pretty much confirmed in Guardians. And since the Hydra group that has Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver also has Loki's staff, there will probably be some reference to that story in this movie. Not a huge reference, but it'll be there.

Now I'm wondering if they're gonna try to connect Agents of SHIELD into this.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's why I said soon, if they do a Planet Hulk movie I guess it would be closer to A3 than to A2; and who knows, there might be more than a nod to the Infinity Stones, my friends and I have the pet theory that Loki's staff contains either the Mind or Soul gem and it has something to do with Ultron's ascension(?) (assuming they don't use the "I used my brain patterns as a base for Ultron's programming" thingy).

Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2014-10-23 at 11:46 AM.
    Just call me Dusk

14. - Top - End - #14

Spoiler
    Show

That's why I said soon, if they do a Planet Hulk movie I guess it would be closer to A3 than to A2; and who knows, there might be more than a nod to the Infinity Stones, my friends and I have the pet theory that Loki's staff contains either the Mind or Soul gem and it has something to do with Ultron's ascension(?) (assuming they don't use the "I used my brain patterns as a base for Ultron's programming" thingy).

Spoiler
    Show
    Your friends and you are correct. That is the Mind Gem. Guardians had the Power Gem, the Tesseract is the Space Gem, and the Aether from Thor 2 is the Reality Gem. The Collector had the Aether after Thor 2, but I don't know if he still has it. The Tesseract is still on Asgard. I forget what happened to the Power Gem at the end of Guardians. Gonna have to wait for the DVD to check.

With Ultron, I have no idea if he'll be connected to it or not. The movie description on IMDB says that Tony was trying to resurrect an old military defense program, which seems to be where Ultron comes from.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The guardians gave the power gem to the Nova corps who put them into a vault.

Just call me Dusk

16. - Top - End - #16

Spoiler
    Show

The guardians gave the power gem to the Nova corps who put them into a vault.

Ah, right. Forgot that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I saw this in the other forum that I frequent.

Colour me unimpressed. If I was going to make a decision on whether to watch this film based on the trailer, then the answer would be a straight "NO!".

The trailer did show some clever things, and the slow "I've got no strings" in the soundtrack was really creepy. However the trailer failed to do something fairly important:

It failed to tell me what the film was all about.

Now, I could guess a good part of it as I did read the original Ultron stories, and have a reasonable idea of what the character is all about. However, without that knowledge the trailer is just a load of random, fast-changing clips.

Let's compare this with the MLP trailers for Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks (if only because they are the last two trailers I have seen):

• Both trailers hinted at the story. Not a complete precis of the story, but enough to know what I am going to watch.
    • Both trailers had a scene that sold the film to me. (Ironically Spike - not my favourite character - was the hook both times.)
    • I didn't need to have an in-depth knowledge of the series to know what is going on.

Yes, there were some fast-changing clips. However they were in addition to the bits that have you the information, not instead of.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer was pretty much fast-changing clips and (admittedly good) CGI. Showcasing all the nice CGI and all the fight scenes mean nothing to me. I'm not going to waste several pounds and a significant chunk of my day on the promise of some pretty CGI and a load of fights - I need to have a reasonable idea of what I am going to see. It's coming to something when a trailer for a spinoff from the My Little Pony franchise ultimately aimed at children shows more depth than a film supposedly aimed at adults.

Or perhaps I'm showing my age. That's a possibility too.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2014-10-23 at 01:08 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

18. - Top - End - #18

BlueWizardGirl

I thought it gave a decent enough sense of the plot - Tony is involved in creating something that becomes Ultron, it tries to kill everyone, Avengers try to stop it. And there's interpersonal conflict between the Avengers, probably due to Tony creating Ultron.

That's without knowing anything about the comic books.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Things look good. It looks like they’re adding some darkness to the series. The series has been pretty bright, even captain America 2 which had S.H.I.E.L.D. actually go down and be disbanded wasn’t too dark.

I think they should do Ms. Marvel, or Captain Marvel or whatever Carol is going by these days and stick her in the avengers as opposed to Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch (never liked Scarlett Witch anyway). She’s as much an upstanding member of the team as Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch. I can see her being created as new super soldier project now that S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone; or just experiment gone wrong. I’d rather see her over ant man come to think of it.

besides putting in characters Everyone knows are mutants into a franchise that doesn't have mutants raises a lot of questions. Like is Disney going to acquire the X-men rights from Fox? Does this mean we'll see future mutants in the MCU?

20. - Top - End - #20

BlueWizardGirl

Disney's not going to get the X-Men and other mutants back from Fox - Fox has a pretty successful franchise going on with them.

21. - Top - End - #21

Spoiler: Manga
    Show
    Well, Manga, I can think of a few reasons why this trailer didn't show too much about the story.

The first is that the movie isn't coming out until next May. That gives them another seven months to release trailers that do give more story info. And they will release more trailers. I can guarantee that.

Next is that some of the story info can be gained from the previous Marvel movies. And, most of the people who will go to see this have seen the previous movies. So, this trailer was probably aimed at the die hard fans that already know most of the stuff they need to know by this point.

Also, like you mentioned, you have read some of the stuff this is being based on. Most of the fans have as well. They already know the basics of the story.

Last is the fact that plot summaries for this movie have been out on the Internet for a while now. And, again, most people going to see this will know about those summaries already.

Still, new story info can be picked up from this trailer. Like the fact that something has brought Thor back from Asgard. Might mean that the Bifrost is fixed. Also, Tony's friend, James Rhodes, is seen in the trailer with other Avengers. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver seem to be working with Ultron. Fury is back. And, probably the biggest thing, something seems to be making Banner lose it. There was a lot more attention on him than I thought there would be.

Another thing to consider is that they don't want to reveal what the movie is all about. Maybe they want to keep as much of it a surprise as they can. I mean, if a trailer showed me what was going to happen, and left nothing major out, I don't think I'd really want to see the movie. I like being surprised.

Spoiler: Than
    Show
    They are doing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch now because they were a part of the original Avengers in the comics.

Ms. Marvel would be a good addition. And they could. There are a few Marvel movies that they are making that they haven't shared any details about yet. Also, Agents of SHIELD is kind of heading in that direction, too. At least, they've brought up some stuff that could be connected to her.

With the movie rights stuff, Disney actually has no rights to the characters. It's Marvel Studios. And Fox is probably going to hold on to those rights for as long as they can. Same with Sony and Spider-Man.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think a teaser trailer should outline the narrative for you. It's supposed to tease you with evocative images and bits of dialogue, which this does.

It also shows a rather different tone than The Avengers, that this isn't going to be a wild party with fireworks and everyone coming together triumphantly, rather it's the dissolution of that.

23. - Top - End - #23

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer was pretty much fast-changing clips and (admittedly good) CGI. Showcasing all the nice CGI and all the fight scenes mean nothing to me. I'm not going to waste several pounds and a significant chunk of my day on the promise of some pretty CGI and a load of fights - I need to have a reasonable idea of what I am going to see. It's coming to something when a trailer for a spinoff from the My Little Pony franchise ultimately aimed at children shows more depth than a film supposedly aimed at adults.
    I like how you assume there is going to be a plot.
    Last edited by BeerMug Paladin; 2014-10-23 at 02:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Colour me unimpressed. If I was going to make a decision on whether to watch this film based on the trailer, then the answer would be a straight "NO!". The trailer did show some clever things, and the slow "I've got no strings" in the soundtrack was really creepy. However the trailer failed to do something fairly important:

It failed to tell me what the film was all about.
    Well...what it is about is easy: Avengers vs Ultron. And...
    Spoiler: Shhh
    Show
    The Avengers will win.

After all, the story is older then dirt. A Man tries to create the perfect nonliving thing to serve and help and protect people....and it turns on them and becomes a menace. The story in the comics back in the '60's was not new as this story goes all the way back to mythology. And in the last century or so we have seen plenty of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Although one of the things that bugs me is that it appears as though Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in this movie as well.
    I don't know how well Fox Entertainment is gonna respond to this, seeing that Quicksilver was also in Days of Future Past.
    What? That guy ''peter'' in Days of Future Past was Quicksilver? Why would you think that? Did he have a sister named Wanda? Wait, why was he not named Petro? And wait, why was he not a ''European Gypsy''? Just as he had superspeed? There are plenty of people, mutants even, with that power. Like Calisto from X-Men3. Maybe that was the Wizzer or something......lol

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    besides putting in characters Everyone knows are mutants into a franchise that doesn't have mutants raises a lot of questions. Like is Disney going to acquire the X-men rights from Fox? Does this mean we'll see future mutants in the MCU?
    As I understand it, it's part of the deal they worked out. As long as they don't reference Wanda and Pietro as mutants, they can use them. Because apparently they were Avengers? (I don't know my comics well enough.) So that's the connection they're allowing. We don't know the details though; I'd imagine that the secrecy of the agreement is in both parties' best interests.

I don't see Disney buying back the rights any time soon; we're probably going to see them put some other plan in motion. Word is, they want to do something with the Inhumans, who are practically mutants but not actually mutants.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I don't think a teaser trailer should outline the narrative for you. It's supposed to tease you with evocative images and bits of dialogue, which this does.

It also shows a rather different tone than The Avengers, that this isn't going to be a wild party with fireworks and everyone coming together triumphantly, rather it's the dissolution of that.
    Yup. Wasn't enough to make us all sit through Civil War in Cap 3, were gonna have to sit through Pym being given undeserved slack by dropping making Ultron in Tony's Lap instead and having the start of the Avengers Disassembled storyline, and possibly taking the worst part of Planet Hulk, specifically how they got him on the planet in the first place, and making it worse by opening doors to there being More Avengers that were in on it and in favor of it then in the comic books.

Oh, and as an added kick, let's just go right ahead and make Tony responsible for getting the Avengers oh-so-conveniently disbanded.

I will go see this movie. I am dreading it every second till I do and I am praying I will get in the theater and by the end credits scenes I will find I was wrong or worried for nothing. But I cannot say I am looking forward to it anymore.

Does anyone know if Joe Quesada getting his stupid promotion has anything to do with Marvel suddenly taking this direction? It would be nice to at least be able to lay it squarely at Joe Quesada's feet if my fears start coming to pass.
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

OH NO, they're splitting up Comic Book Movies' Greatest Bromance!!!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Colossus in the Playground

So, what this trailer tells me, as someone who has no idea about Marvel Comics, or what an "Ultron" is.

In this movie, Iron Man's armour turns into an evil robot. Apparently, the robot grows bigger at some point to fight the Hulk? And then there's a lot of combat scenes, and the avengers are in it and for some reason, there was a short shot of what I think were ballet dancers.

Conclusion? Disappointing. Last movie had Loki and an alien army with giant flying remoras, portals and a scary emperor with a throne floating in space. This one seems to have a robot. Stark has been beaten several times in similar suits, I don't see the threat. Maybe I'm missing something.

Also, one single story clue and a ton of disconnected fighting and what seemed like random two-second shots. Chaotic.

Also, personal philosophy: just once, I'd like to see a non-genocidal transhuman AI.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2014-10-23 at 03:06 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post

What? That guy ''peter'' in Days of Future Past was Quicksilver? Why would you think that? Did he have a sister named Wanda? Wait, why was he not named Petro? And wait, why was he not a ''European Gypsy''? Just as he had superspeed? There are plenty of people, mutants even, with that power. Like Calisto from X-Men3. Maybe that was the Wizzer or something......lol
    Yep. That was Quicksilver. His mailbox said Maximoff, which is Quicksilver's last name.

Also, the credits list him as Quicksilver.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Spoiler: Than
    Show
    They are doing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch now because they were a part of the original Avengers in the comics.

Ms. Marvel would be a good addition. And they could. There are a few Marvel movies that they are making that they haven't shared any details about yet. Also, Agents of SHIELD is kind of heading in that direction, too. At least, they've brought up some stuff that could be connected to her.

With the movie rights stuff, Disney actually has no rights to the characters. It's Marvel Studios. And Fox is probably going to hold on to those rights for as long as they can. Same with Sony and Spider-Man.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rumor is the easter egg will be Tony putting together a new Avengers, including Ms. Marvel and Black Panther. Color me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Does anyone know if Joe Quesada getting his stupid promotion has anything to do with Marvel suddenly taking this direction? It would be nice to at least be able to lay it squarely at Joe Quesada's feet if my fears start coming to pass.
    Don't know about his involvement, but my understanding is this was basically the long-term plan from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    So, what this trailer tells me, as someone who has no idea about Marvel Comics, or what an "Ultron" is.

In this movie, Iron Man's armour turns into an evil robot. Apparently, the robot grows bigger at some point to fight the Hulk? And then there's a lot of combat scenes, and the avengers are in it and for some reason, there was a short shot of what I think were ballet dancers.

Conclusion? Disappointing. Last movie had Loki and an alien army with giant flying remoras, portals and a scary emperor with a throne floating in space. This one seems to have a robot. Stark has been beaten several times in similar suits, I don't see the threat. Maybe I'm missing something.

Also, one single story clue and a ton of disconnected fighting and what seemed like random two-second shots. Chaotic.

Also, personal philosophy: just once, I'd like to see a non-genocidal transhuman AI.
    Don't worry, there's going to be a non-genocidal AI in the movie too.
    I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne