New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVII: Warlords Gone Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    So I picked up Enchanting on a new mage I'm levelling, are there any low level enchants that are worth selling that I should look out for? (Weapon glow ones, twink ones and such I assume?)
    Don't bother at all, WOD enchanting only requires level 1 in enchanting so you will level it as you go through the expansion (presuming you will enchant your gear)

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

I can't really afford to get WoD any time soon though.

-----

Also Im still getting very frequent bluescreens accompanied by a BcCode 116 error. They've actually gotten more frequent again and I'm sorta running out of stuff I can try. :/
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

So.
    Weird thing happened.
    I was doing the worgen starting zone. Managed to hit level 15.
    ran a dungeon(hitting 20 in the process) and tried to hearth once I was back outside of it.
    And ended up in Stormwind...
    Any idea what happened?

I do plan to try to contact a gm, since I can't figure out how to get back(and I really wanted to, you know, finish the zone), but it does rank as one of the oddest bugs I've encountered.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So.
    Weird thing happened.
    I was doing the worgen starting zone. Managed to hit level 15.
    ran a dungeon(hitting 20 in the process) and tried to hearth once I was back outside of it.
    And ended up in Stormwind...
    Any idea what happened?

I do plan to try to contact a gm, since I can't figure out how to get back(and I really wanted to, you know, finish the zone), but it does rank as one of the oddest bugs I've encountered.
    Huh, about where in the Worgen starting zone were you when you entered the dungeon?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so..question...
    how do you get your lazy followers to work?
    i assigned one with bodyguard to my barracks..made sure he wasnt out on a mission..and nowhere is he to be seen whilst i am out and about killing things and making draenor a better place
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, about where in the Worgen starting zone were you when you entered the dungeon?
    Right after the first damage from the cataclysm, returning from telling people to evacuate.

I did receive a ticket response.
    Hey there Hasts!

I understand that you skipped most of the Worgen starting area and would like to go back to finish off the rest of the quests. I would love to somehow get you back to that particular phase but that is something that we simply cannot do as it might end up breaking your character. >_<

I know this isn’t quite the solution you were hoping for but I do hope this helps clear things up! ^_^
    At least it's cheerful...
    I'm considering deleting the alt now though(I really wanted this staff :3 ), think it would be too much for me to ask for the xp potion to be refunded?(or to ask if I could get that staff if I keep the character?)
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-11-26 at 06:14 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    so..question...
    how do you get your lazy followers to work?
    i assigned one with bodyguard to my barracks..made sure he wasnt out on a mission..and nowhere is he to be seen whilst i am out and about killing things and making draenor a better place
    I believe you have to talk to him and tell him to accompany you.

Anyhow, I recommend no one gets all their active follower's to 100 lest you want the mission pool to dry up. Ran in to this problem last night, where I didn't get a single mission for almost 5 hours.

But, I've got lvl 3 stables and all 8 mounts from it (6 trained, and the frostwolf/frostboar from the achieves) but it doesn't give dailies after you train your guys.

Barracks can be lvl 3 when I get enough resources, which I have 100 of the 1200. Both barracks and stables decided to unlock the lvl 3 blueprints in the same day.

And Monksies had a hotfix. WW got nerfed while BrM got buffed. I feel a bit overpowered now tanking (634 ilvl).
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Right after the first damage from the cataclysm, returning from telling people to evacuate.

I did receive a ticket response.

At least it's cheerful...
    I'm considering deleting the alt now though(I really wanted this staff :3 ), think it would be too much for me to ask for the xp potion to be refunded?(or to ask if I could get that staff if I keep the character?)
    Is always worth a shot. I'm surprised you managed to get to 15 that early on in the starting experience though.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    But, I've got lvl 3 stables and all 8 mounts from it (6 trained, and the frostwolf/frostboar from the achieves) but it doesn't give dailies after you train your guys.
    How do you get the second achievement then? If I understand right, the only way to get the whistles for summoning your training mounts is being on the respective daily, and you need to train all 6 to unlock lvl3 stables.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Is always worth a shot. I'm surprised you managed to get to 15 that early on in the starting experience though.
    Through merciless grinding(of mobs and the oddly common herbalism and mining nodes)
    And +300%xp +full heirlooms can really boost quest xp too.
    Meow(Steam page)

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    How do you get the second achievement then? If I understand right, the only way to get the whistles for summoning your training mounts is being on the respective daily, and you need to train all 6 to unlock lvl3 stables.
    After you get all the mounts trained (and maybe need to be lvl 3) you can talk to the male dwarf (ally side, not sure about horde) and get a set of whistles again. Each whistle has 1 day duration and 3 charges which is moot because you can go back and reget them. I just camped all 6 of the guys killing them once with each mount and got the achieve in about an hour and a half.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2014-11-26 at 07:41 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

12. - Top - End - #372
    Firbolg in the Playground

This. Once you assign a character to the barracks, go to the Barracks and they'll be sitting there. Talk to them and they'll follow you from there.

Anyhow, I recommend no one gets all their active follower's to 100 lest you want the mission pool to dry up. Ran in to this problem last night, where I didn't get a single mission for almost 5 hours.
    Yeah, that's why I was saying keep two lower level followers. One in the 90-94 range, and one in the 95-99 range. That will maximize the number of missions you gain. Since I did that I've had almost more missions than I can keep running. While most of them are for crap rewards, it is still a bit of experience, some gold, and I regularly get chunks of 90-150 resources, probably adding up to around 800-1000 daily, which more than pays for all my other missions.

Also, I just got my level 3 barracks last night. It looks fantastic. I'd be happy with it if it were a purely cosmetic upgrade. But I also took advantage of grabbing a new inn follower, reactivated my old epic, reactivated a different low level one this morning, and recruited a new follower I missed before, so I'm already up to 24 (tomorrow I'll reactivate one more to cap out). It's really nice to have the extra followers, and I should finish my achieve for dwarven bunker 3 by friday.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2014-11-26 at 09:02 PM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    This. Once you assign a character to the barracks, go to the Barracks and they'll be sitting there. Talk to them and they'll follow you from there.
    kewl..thanks
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

So I been thinking about the whole Shuriken Toss Sublety build..and I thought of a use case.

Mythic Garrosh has a part where someone of decent speed has to kite an Iron Star around the room, usually this was put to a Kitty Druid because they have high speed..however with Burst of Speed, Shuriken toss and Deadly Throw a Rogue could do it as well..with a lesser DPS penalty (still some, but it would be much less compared to others, and hunters really can't do it because they don't have the speed boosts of Kitties or Rogues)

It is a very minor Use Case, however whenever kiting is an important task, having someone who can do that and continue to DPS can be incredibly helpful, this could also be used for fights like Thok. It is a very niche thing..however I will be fully compelled to try it out on my Subtlety rogue once he is at level.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Colossus in the Playground

Something odd has happened to my display of the game. You know when you mouse over a mob or node or critter it displays its name and level? I dont have that anymore? I cant even tell just by mousing over if the target im skinning is orange yellow or green to me. How do I turn that back on?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Something odd has happened to my display of the game. You know when you mouse over a mob or node or critter it displays its name and level? I dont have that anymore? I cant even tell just by mousing over if the target im skinning is orange yellow or green to me. How do I turn that back on?
    I've been having the same issue, though it only lasts for a few minutes when it hits me.
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #377
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That happens to me rather often. A /reload ui fixes it usually.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did few more heroics. Auchidoun twice, Everbloom and UBRS. Everything went swimmingly, very few deaths etc. I started thinking that heroics are quite easy.

Then I did Grimrail. In a guild group (so without the 15% to everything buff). And holy... Wiped twice on first boss due to the big guy dying much sooner than the small guy (and me being unable to eep everyone alive due to that). Once to trash due to accidental over pull. Once on the second boss. The LoS in that room is horrible. Then once more on trash due to mistakes (the ligthing on the ground did't show well on my monitor...).

And then three times on the last boss. We still did it, and no shoutng at eachother since, well, a guild group. I only directly cause one, maybe two of those wipes (stepped into trap because I was looking at hp bars...).

Oh well. Now Item level 619, and have a fancy Core hound mount. I think I am getting the CD use down as well (Thanks Karoht!) I stil need to iron out my decision making and get few more items before the raids open though. I think I should look into some addons aswell.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Did few more heroics. Auchidoun twice, Everbloom and UBRS. Everything went swimmingly, very few deaths etc. I started thinking that heroics are quite easy.

Then I did Grimrail. In a guild group (so without the 15% to everything buff). And holy... Wiped twice on first boss due to the big guy dying much sooner than the small guy (and me being unable to eep everyone alive due to that). Once to trash due to accidental over pull. Once on the second boss. The LoS in that room is horrible. Then once more on trash due to mistakes (the ligthing on the ground did't show well on my monitor...).

And then three times on the last boss. We still did it, and no shoutng at eachother since, well, a guild group. I only directly cause one, maybe two of those wipes (stepped into trap because I was looking at hp bars...).

Oh well. Now Item level 619, and have a fancy Core hound mount. I think I am getting the CD use down as well (Thanks Karoht!) I stil need to iron out my decision making and get few more items before the raids open though. I think I should look into some addons aswell.
    Also Enchants,propper enchants are important to raiding.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Much easier this time around since there are only four to bother with now (Neck, Cloak, Rings and Weapon).

Well, five on the technicality that you need to enchant both rings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #381

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Goes without saying. Though most of those pieces are pieces I hope to replace before the raids open so I haven't enchanted much yet.

Edit: also I completely forgot! I got my Proven Healer title today! Even though I had some bad luck with where the debuffs ended up. I was shaking at the end, not to mention OOM.
    Last edited by Delusion; 2014-11-27 at 05:04 PM.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

So, I decided to try WoW, currently downloading the trial to see if I like it...And I'm stuck on fetching Encoding table. Does anyone know how to fix that?

EDIT: Never mind, it just took a really long time.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-11-27 at 10:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

i came back from a five year hiaitus about a month ago, been leveling up a druid and a warrior, both level 60 ish right now, buuut... i have no idea how to play my 80 shaman everything's change and i've forgotten so much. i'm not even sure if i'm enhancement for leveling or restro from my old raiding days, so my gear is kind of a mix of the two.

does anyone know any good hotkey setup for shamen? what are the more important spells?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    i came back from a five year hiaitus about a month ago, been leveling up a druid and a warrior, both level 60 ish right now, buuut... i have no idea how to play my 80 shaman everything's change and i've forgotten so much. i'm not even sure if i'm enhancement for leveling or restro from my old raiding days, so my gear is kind of a mix of the two.

does anyone know any good hotkey setup for shamen? what are the more important spells?
    www.icy-veins.com

Short Answer: Due to ability pruning, all spells are important. For all classes. Yes, even that spell.

Long Answer: It's easier for you to read a guide centered around the spec you want to play, than try to explain. The following two paragraphs are also part of the long answer.

@Keybinding
    It really varies depending on your mouse, your comfort with keyboard and mouse, do you keyboard turn or mouse turn and how good you are at strafing, what addons you run, etc. For example, I have a 14 button mouse. And every button is bound and shift bound in the normal frame and in my healing frame. Well, every button used to be 4x bound, now it is a smaller core, but every button on the mouse is still bound, some 2x, some 4x, and I still click a few cooldowns on my bars because I would rather click them than bind them and risk a miss-click.

If you want an addon recommendation, let me recommend Bartender. Not only can you move and resize bars, it also includes a very user friendly keybinding mode where you mouse over the ability and the push whichever button on your mouse you want to use. If you want something just for keybinds, Clique is pretty good, as you can directly bind the abilities from your spellbook rather than having to fuss about positioning them on your bar. I know a guy who uses Clique, he turns off all bars except for the sidebars, the sidebars are just for his cooldown tracking.

Middle Answer: Read your abilities carefully. Everything has a use. Find it. Use it. Get in the habit of using things, even if you think they don't fit the situation. Then read a guide or watch a video, start forming good habits and practice them.
    Example: One of my alts is an Enhancement Shaman. We have 6? 7? DPS boosting cooldowns on relatively short cooldowns. To learn what they all do and when I should use them, I make a point to use one every time I kill something, especially when leveling. Same with my defensive cooldowns. Take Capacitor Totem. 45 second cooldown, very short. Every time it's off cooldown and available for use, I'll drop it before I pull things. Now at first, my timing with it was terrible. But now? I can time it just right, 3-4 mobs end up in the area of effect at the exact right moment and get stunned, followed by eating my AoE rotation.

Happy Hunting
    Last edited by Karoht; 2014-11-28 at 03:03 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

25. - Top - End - #385

Can anyone recommend me addons for healing? Something that show what HoTs I have on targets bit better etc?

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Did a full clean reinstall of windows and haven't had a bluescreen since and the game runs a ton smoother too. So that's good. :) Tried out Mistweaver Monk as well and it's fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Can anyone recommend me addons for healing? Something that show what HoTs I have on targets bit better etc?
    Personal favorite of mine

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #388

I'm a fan of healbot. They update faster, I find it the easiest "out of the box" to configure if you've never messed with a healing addon before. I recommend trying healbot before you try another addon. Vuhdo is (in my opinion) a pain in the ass to set up, for no real reason.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

So...Just downloaded the Demo, decided to play a Draeni mage because I like their models and want to DPS since it seems like the easiest thing to do...Can you guys give me any newbie advice?

30. - Top - End - #390
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    So...Just downloaded the Demo, decided to play a Draeni mage because I like their models and want to DPS since it seems like the easiest thing to do...Can you guys give me any newbie advice?
    Dont stand in the fires. It makes an annoying sound. Seriously though, the learning curve is really gentle as you go. Try to get into the habit of not letting stuff hit you as much as possible. Its not really a big deal at the low levels, but it starts becoming a bigger deal as you move on. Just about any spec is fun to play really, you dont need to get the OMGWTFBBQ perfect icy veins recommended super spec, just read whatever spell and talent descriptions you get and choose whatever sounds coolest. I would also suggest getting a couple of gathering professions, such as skinning and mining. It is a really nice way to earn money for a new character. There should be a professions trainer somewhere in your newbie area, just keep checking around all the towns and such you get sent to till you find it. Something to keep in mind is, if you decide to pick mining or herbalism as trade skills, you can click your little minimap and select track mining or herbs so you get little yellow dots on the minimap to show where stuff is. Makes it easier to find.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."