New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVII: Warlords Gone Wild

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    So...Just downloaded the Demo, decided to play a Draeni mage because I like their models and want to DPS since it seems like the easiest thing to do...Can you guys give me any newbie advice?
    Frost spec (once you hit 10)

Pet nova + your nova + slow.

Also be prepared to die a lot. It comes with being a mage.

Otherwise, don't worry about outlevelling zones, just sit back and enjoy the story, find/explore what you can, and have fun on your first playthru. And if you decide to run dungeons, just say you're new to the game and most (not all) but most ppl will be excuse any screw ups/give you tips. Just /ignore the ragers and whiners.

And since you're on my realID list, you can whisper if you need help.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2014-11-28 at 02:37 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    So...Just downloaded the Demo, decided to play a Draeni mage because I like their models and want to DPS since it seems like the easiest thing to do...Can you guys give me any newbie advice?
    For a newbie: avoid Draenei and Blood Elf.
    Their starting zones are really outdated compared to others currently, and give a fairly inaccurate view of what the game is like(quest flow, quest style, etc).
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-11-28 at 02:37 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Mouseover macros for everything healing. They never break. They never need updating. I don't even need to click. I keep a copy of my macro files stashed elsewhere on my computer so blizzard can't lose them even if they tried.

The default UI has been surprisingly usable for healing for a while, at least with mouseover macros. I still prefer Grid since it's faster because you can make it so tiny, but the default ui you can still see the tanks, see the raid, who's in range, who has debuffs, and who still has health. For some of the specialty boss fights like Malkorok I found myself switching back to it, and I was totally addon-free after 6.0 hit, which was interesting.

(DBM is great when you're learning the fight, but once you've done it enough I didn't notice its absence on most fights that week.)

I'm addon free right now too (reset UI as part of an attempt to resolve some instability issues), but I don't have a healer up to 100 yet. The only thing I really miss is WeakAuras, I have a couple custom auras for when shield block is up so I don't waste charges. Although I suppose I do also miss DBM when it comes to learning new content, shield blocking half a second before the boss starts casting something is wasteful.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Out of curiosity... anyone seen [True Iron Trigger] for sale on their server? I scan the AH often and haven't seen a single one. Haven't seen it in trade either.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Out of curiosity... anyone seen [True Iron Trigger] for sale on their server? I scan the AH often and haven't seen a single one. Haven't seen it in trade either.
    If you do, its going to be expensive as all hell. 150 gearspring parts, 40 fur, and 15 savage blood to make it.

I saw one being advertised on my server for 250k. And yes, my servers AH is royally screwed up.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    If you do, its going to be expensive as all hell. 150 gearspring parts, 40 fur, and 15 savage blood to make it.

I saw one being advertised on my server for 250k. And yes, my servers AH is royally screwed up.
    Yeah right now savage blood are stupid expensive, and jack up the price of anything else.

A 100 gearspring parts gun will sell for around 20k. So I'd probably be willing to sell 150 parts for a trigger for 30k. But then you add in 15 savage bloods, which are selling for 2k each right now on my server (and that's finding a deal from someone spamming trade to unload quickly), and that alone doubles the price up to 30k. Other factors beyond that include:

-The recipe requires 5 daily cooldowns, so most people are unlikely to have the recipe yet. Especially engineers who can spend those books on recipes for fun robots/pets/toys.

-Having to buy the savage blood up front makes the initial investment higher, and cost typically scales upwards with investment of craft. If I spend 100gp on something, I don't mind reselling it for 120gp. If I spent 40k gp on something, I'm probably going to want at least 60k back on it to justify the time spent marketing it, or sitting on it relisting on the auction house for a few weeks.

-Between the initial cost and the difficulty for getting the recipe, it is unlikely many are going to be available on a given server. This means less competition, so freedom to price higher without being undercut by people looking to make a quick buck.

Between the three, I couldn't imagine seeing one for less than 100k. I actually expect any actual sale within the next week or two to be closer to 150k. That price will drop dramatically over the next month or two, as savage blood becomes much more common (people finish leveling alts and farming them on their own barns), and raid gear quickly outpaces the crafted gear in terms of power, so the hardcore players are less interested in paying.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Don't think I'll be extending my wow game time, still haven't been able to fix my bluescreen issue, blizzard support has been no help and the game's just not fun like this. The annoying thing is that it didn't happen for the first month I played. :/
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Don't think I'll be extending my wow game time, still haven't been able to fix my bluescreen issue, blizzard support has been no help and the game's just not fun like this. The annoying thing is that it didn't happen for the first month I played. :/
    Aww that's a pity :(
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #399

Can you give us computer specs? Processor, ram, graphics card? How old is the equipment? Running windows XP/Vista/7/8? What has blizzard asked you to attempt in order to fix the problem? What contact have you had with support?
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Colossus in the Playground

Woot! I just hit 66 on my monk in hellfire peninsula doing nothing but the quests (and my daily monk quest of course) Heh, I think thats a new record for me. Wait, i take it back, I also leveled up a few pets to mess around with. So that really helped out as well. Seriously, each pet battle is like 25 regular mob kills without rested exp. Didnt do a single dungeon run, because I rarely play for more than a few minutes at a time, (I just log in and out a lot during the day) And now I have skipped zangamarsh and terrokar in favor of nagrand. Hit 68 and gtfo of outland heading straight for northrend. Booya!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #401

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Woot! I just hit 66 on my monk in hellfire peninsula doing nothing but the quests (and my daily monk quest of course) Heh, I think thats a new record for me. Wait, i take it back, I also leveled up a few pets to mess around with. So that really helped out as well. Seriously, each pet battle is like 25 regular mob kills without rested exp. Didnt do a single dungeon run, because I rarely play for more than a few minutes at a time, (I just log in and out a lot during the day) And now I have skipped zangamarsh and terrokar in favor of nagrand. Hit 68 and gtfo of outland heading straight for northrend. Booya!
    Awesome. Yeah, I leveled my dk a decent bit just doing archaeology and pet battles. Only got to the mid teens though for my pets... need to do more. Good exp.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #402

Awesome. Yeah, I leveled my dk a decent bit just doing archaeology and pet battles. Only got to the mid teens though for my pets... need to do more. Good exp.
    Yeah, I have a surprising number of blue pets to work with, and its interesting to see how their abilities work. I have an anubisath idol pet as my main bruiser atm. Its freaking insane. First of all, every time he hits he heals for, currently, 62 hp, he slaps up a rupture for huge damage and maybe a stun, then sandstorm for huge damage, damage REDUCTION which helps him heal himself even better, and a slight chance to miss. Its especially hilarious against critters who do that swarm attack. If it hits you take double damage but the initial damage is low. With sandstorm up it does no damage at all, so its like I get three rounds of free hits.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah, Anubisath is one of the premiere pets against computer pets
    he makes sooooo many battles trivial
    and is key ingredient in being able to PL a pet from 1 to 25 in 4 battles (5-6 if you dont wanna blow a major pet treat)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #404

I need this pet :P
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Can you give us computer specs? Processor, ram, graphics card? How old is the equipment? Running windows XP/Vista/7/8? What has blizzard asked you to attempt in order to fix the problem? What contact have you had with support?
    Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT 540M. Is about 2 and a half years old. I've reset the user interface, reset battle.net, updated drivers, checked for system errors, reinstalled windows, reinstalled Wow, changed about every possible graphics setting I can change, etc... I've had two tickets with support, they've gotten my DxDiag and MSInfo so they should be aware of all the specs.

The specific error I get is 0x00000116 / BC 116, so unresponsive video driver that failed to restart.

The only thing I can think of right now that is the problem is with the integrated graphics card and not my Nvidia one so I've updated that one too now and we'll see if that helps.

Edit; well, can scratch that being the issue since I crashed two minutes into the game again.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2014-12-01 at 07:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406

I need this pet :P
    Go solo AQ. I got it and the mindflayer pet (which i dont like much) on my first try. Im not sure if they were random drops or a boss drop though. Just going through my bags after I popped a big giant eyeball and said, "Hmm, what on earth are these things? Pets? SWEET!"

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Boss drops.
    Though I'm pretty sure they're fairly common.

And while I understand Anubisath is strong(and have been utterly beaten by it in pvp battles from time to time), I've never honestly understood what it is that makes it strong, or at least not until now.
    For some reason, the shield thing+humanoid never occurred to me.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

I found out that apparently my integrated graphics card also supports Wow, and running it on just that seems to be causing no crashes so far.

I've also contacted blizzard support again and gotten some tips on how to maybe fix the issue. The problem might be that my graphics card is an Acer modified one and that using anything but the drivers you can download of the acer site for it might be causing the problem. (I've just been updating mine from Nvidia itself you see.) Time to experiment a bit more but if the integrated card causes no issues at least I can still run Wow.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Boss drops.
    Though I'm pretty sure they're fairly common.

And while I understand Anubisath is strong(and have been utterly beaten by it in pvp battles from time to time), I've never honestly understood what it is that makes it strong, or at least not until now.
    For some reason, the shield thing+humanoid never occurred to me.
    Yeah, its an interesting setup. If you go the sandstorm route then it lowers both the damage you take AND the damage you do. That kind of sucks, but when combined with the self heal every time you do damage, it really helps to win a war of attrition. Also, it basically totally negates poison damage or other dot effects. That can be huge when you are fighting someone with say, a scorpid/snake/spider setup and you end up with 2 poison effects stacked on you for 5+ rounds. The accuracy hit kinda stinks, but I just love that the sandstorm does a really nice chunk of damage when it goes off. Suddenly BLAM a third of the enemies hp is gone. I have had fights where I hit rupture, get the stun, then sandstorm, then finish him with a final shot before he even gets a chance to fight back.

Its not all powerful though, Fighting the pet trainer near karazahn was really tough till my idol broke level 20. Some of her pets could dish out BIG hits. Got my butt handed to me the first time I fought her. Im currently running through the outland trainers.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

standard lineup on the idol is punch/sandstorm/shield

punch is just steady damage
    sandstorm neutralizes nasty weather you dont like and makes dots/swarm attacks useless, and seriously weakens flurry type attacks
    and shield is great for dodging big hits..like fly/dive/burrow or the "charge up now attack next turn" type...since it always goes first

using the sandstorm against a legendary trainer who uses any swarm attack pet lets you trade in a low level pet during the 3 turn swarm and make an attack..swap back to idol and win the battle = low level pet gets the big xp boost
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    standard lineup on the idol is punch/sandstorm/shield

punch is just steady damage
    sandstorm neutralizes nasty weather you dont like and makes dots/swarm attacks useless, and seriously weakens flurry type attacks
    and shield is great for dodging big hits..like fly/dive/burrow or the "charge up now attack next turn" type...since it always goes first

using the sandstorm against a legendary trainer who uses any swarm attack pet lets you trade in a low level pet during the 3 turn swarm and make an attack..swap back to idol and win the battle = low level pet gets the big xp boost
    Honestly, I got rid of the shield when I got rupture, yeah its handy for those dig/fly type attacks, but being able to hammer out a third of the enemies hp in a single blast and maybe even stun him is awesome in any fight. With the damage reduction from sandstorm it helps mellow out the big hit and with his self healing it reduces the total damage even more.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, game hasn't crashed on the integrated card yet, it doesn't run the greatest but it works, so I'm sticking around. :)

Edit; also you can have a farm in pandaria to grow cooking ingredients and stuff on? Can't wait to get there.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2014-12-01 at 08:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Okay, game hasn't crashed on the integrated card yet, it doesn't run the greatest but it works, so I'm sticking around. :)

Edit; also you can have a farm in pandaria to grow cooking ingredients and stuff on? Can't wait to get there.
    In Pandaria, you get a farm. Once you level up to Draenor, you get an entire town.

24. - Top - End - #414

Hey Seerow, thanks for your earlier post on my True Iron Trigger question.

To expand, I just got my achievement for 50 work orders at the barn yesterday, and I have 3 characters with constant work orders. 125 for the level 3 barn, so 75 left, so 25 per character, so 100 hours, so just over 4 days. Looks like I'll start kicking out Savage Bloods on Saturday :)

The drop rate is supposedly ~33%, so at 6 work orders per day ~2 savage bloods per day, so ~7.5 days for the Savage Blood needed for my True Iron Trigger. Long story short, hopefully I'll have an item to sell for 80k in about 11 days.

Which is great 'cause I'm broke.

EDIT: Any way to cancel a work order?
    Last edited by danzibr; 2014-12-02 at 12:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In Pandaria, you get a farm. Once you level up to Draenor, you get an entire town.
    And the doggy you get in your farm comes to Draenor with you.

I admit to squeeing when I saw that.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

It does? :D
    Awesome!
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    It does? :D
    Awesome!
    Yeah it runs around your herb garden (at least for the horde, who really are the only ones that matter)

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

really?
    i saw a cat running around my herb garden last i looked

maybe thats an effect of having the crazy cat xx title?

which would be a nice little touch
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2014-12-02 at 05:16 PM.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still working on that title...
    Just need a few more kitties...
    Meow(Steam page)

30. - Top - End - #420

Meh, dog running around, cat running around, who cares?

When I saw my favorite pet ogron Blook walking around my herb garden, that was my "omg this is home" moment.

Seriously, Blook is the best follower. If you haven't gotten him yet, go get him. He is a giant among men in your garrison. Literally.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?