New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: If you could be any three fictional characters...

The brains of the Professor,
    the wealth of Thurston Howell III
    and the salt of the earth personality of Mary Ann.
    Stir well; happiness will ensue...as long as we don't get stranded on an island...

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor...
    You don't think mixing a megalomaniac, a obsessive borderline psychotic, and alcoholism might be problematic?
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'd pick:
    Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
    Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)
    Frank Moses (RED, RED 2)

Then again that's a pretty high concentration of awesome, grit, and dead people in my past. I'd have so much grit I'd make coarse sandpaper seem like silk in comparison. There's also the paranoia, grim demeanor, knack for getting sucked into absurdly dangerous situations all the time, and generally a lot of people wanting me dead.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

I'd want the shapeshifting of Mystique, the alchemy of Edward Elric, and the healing of Wolverine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Well I think that I'd like to have...

1. The Geass of LeLouch vi Britannia of Code Geass
    Why? Because I can compel people to do whatever I want them to. Although problems will arise out of this like if I end up using the geass too often and have it become permanent...

2. The super speed of the Flash (mainly thinking of the CW's version of the Flash )
    Why? Because its probably one of the most useful types of powers one can have as a superhero. Get stuff done faster. Problems will arise when I end up going through a new pair of shoes every couple of days due to friction and the huge caloric stress on my sped up metabolism. Although a plus side is that I can get to run more for nearly arbitrary reasons.

3. Durarara!! 's Tom Tanaka's ability to remain extremely calm in every situation ever
    This one kind of speaks for itself, but yeah.
    Last edited by Vortalism; 2015-01-02 at 10:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    1. Benjamin Kirby Tennyson, Ultimate Alien era

2. Diamond Gear of the Crystal Empire(OC, 11 year old genious prodigy, focusing on math and engineering)

3. Someone with complete immortality.
    I've changed my mind-Replace Ben 10 with Danny Phantom-Super strength, healing factor, flight, invisibility, intangibility, minor shape shifting, energy blasts, cryokinesis, and of course, the "Ghostly Wail". All that at once beats an unreliable shapeshifting watch anyday.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reprimand View Post
    If you could have the powers of any three fictional characters in real life which three would you pick? However you have to take the good that comes with the bad. i.e. Superman is still responsible for saving the world all day everyday while watching all the people he loves die of old age. I am including character you've created but only one per universe/game/etc.

Basically think of a 3 person gestalt from D&D 3.5
    So, I get whatever three powersets I want from any universe, but I get all the downsides of said powers? as in, like I could choose Lelouch Lamperouge, but eventually my Code would be always on and therefore if I say the wrong thing, it turns out like the massacre at the end of the first season or something like that?

.....White Lantern Ring, Being A Pokemon Trainer, and Redeemed Discord

between two powers that are basically reality warping, the ability to capture and command any loyal cute monster with cool powers, and the only downsides being: facing other lanterns, constantly hounded by an annoying group of pathetic thugs wanting to capture my mascot Skitty who will always fail no matter what, and only being held back by being friends with Fluttershy, I think I've chosen well. and I can always capture Arceus himself with a Master Ball if two reality warping powers is not enough.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

I understood it more like you have to choose three people from a work of fiction, with their essential character quirks intact, both good and bad, but most people are powergaming. So you could choose Lelouch, but you'd be a flamboyant manipulator with ambigous morality and a love of chess motives with no idea how you really play. Oh, and your eye will jam open and risk accidently causing a massacre like you said.

---
    Anyway, my first choice would be me, as I don't really like the idea of becoming a different person in an instant.
    Pros: Keep my individuality, don't die as a person and leave all my legal rights to somebody else.
    Cons: No superpowers, relatively boring life, procrastination.

However, I was running the teleporter from The Fly and there was an imminent disaster with only enough time to teleport once, the three people I'd want in the room with me at the time would be:

Thomas Natsworthy, Mortal Engines/Predator Cities.
    Pros: Love of adventure, unwavering decency, epic charisma, pacifism and good at flying airships
    Cons: Naive, frequently loses his home and family, falls in love with a psychopath, suffers a wound that eventually ends his life. (really hoping that the influence of the other two will help him avoid the last two items)

Uryu Ishida, Bleach
    Pros: Intelligent, analytical, pragmatic, honourable, really good at sewing, very good at keeping himself groomed no matter the situation and has a lot of superpowers. These include sixth sense, superspeed, ghost arrow creation, the ability to shoot 12000 ghost arrows per second, good marksmanship, an array of spells and possibly regeneration and a super form.
    Cons: Prideful, socially awkward, bad liar, hates buttons, bad relationship with his father, his powers require the presence of a type of particle and he's probably fatally allergic to the essence of Hollows.

Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings
    Pros: Unconquerable determination, resistance to compulsion, good cook, good gardener, not an awful poet, utterly loyal, pretty damn good with a sword, skill at moving quietly, happy ending.
    Cons: close-minded, life revolves around one person, somewhat intolerant and bigoted, can be pretty blunt.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2015-01-13 at 02:35 PM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

1) Captain Nathan Allgren from the last samurai
    2) Aragorn (king Elessar Telcontar) from the lord of the rings
    3) Raul Endymion from Hyperion Saga.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

How anthropomorphic do my choices need to be?
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

1. Gandalf (The Lord of the Rings) - he's handy with a sword AND magic, what's not to like? Oh, and there's the whole "if-I-die-the-Valar-will send-me-back-to-finish-my-job" thing. Although, he does have a habit of only showing up just in time to save things.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars) - a lightsaber and Force powers would be nice to have on hand. If Kenobi has a weakness, it's probably the fact that once he sets his mind on something, he always thinks he's right about it.

3. Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) - because immortality. Also, traveling the galaxy for the sole purpose of insulting every person in it in alphabetical order takes perseverance. If this guy sets a goal, he's not going to let it go.

End result: A magic-wielding Jedi with insane persistence and a hubris problem who is always on time to everything. On second thought, when put that way, I may be rethinking this combo...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I have three new choices, that I would like to be.

Pun-Pun

Pros

-He/She has no defined Personality, so I can make that up. Okay, I heard that He/She must be LN, but I have still enough Freedom with the Personality
    -He/She is not just almighty, but has colossual Int-, Wis- and Cha-Stats, meaning, that I wouldn't ever use my Power for dumb Things and could bring everyone on my Side

Con
    -I really have no Idea.

Tedd or Grace out of El Goonish Shive

Pros

-Being in a happy relationship
    -Lots of changes for "experimantations" with myself and my partner. I could have every kind of sex that I want, without ever changing my partner. Okay, it would be only Yuri and Hetero-Stuff, but my Interest in Yaoi is only very small anyway
    -eventually being with a second nice Girlfriend in the Future(Yes, I ship the OT3)
    -Either being a telecinetic Shapeshifter or being together with one
    -Either being together with a two-in-one-happy meal(I refer to Tedd, because I find him very cute as both genders) or being one

Cons

-Lots and Lots of Angst in the past, but their future seems to be bright

I must confess that the "losing my maleness"-Part with Nanoha was only a joke and that I am at least curious of being female, but I am not unhappy with my Gender. I don't know, if I would use the TF-Gun as often as Tedd, because I could imagine that to be female would be just to unusual for me, with the whole additional chest weight, periods and stuff.
    Last edited by AGD; 2015-01-18 at 10:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Tedd is confirmed to be one the Transgendered Spectrum(specifically, he's gender fluid-he's gender identity is somewhere in between male and female, and which one he feels most like varies based on circumstances)

So um, if you're mixing Tedd in, Gender issues are gonna be part of the package.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah, but he isnt unhappy with his born gender, he just feels sometimes like female, so it is only an "issue" because of his Dad and some Jerks like Tony.
    Last edited by AGD; 2015-01-18 at 11:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

NecromancerGuy

That's easy... And I only need 1 person.

CHUCK NORRIS!

No weakness, no drawbacks. Just pure omni-omnience and omniawesomness!
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm...

1. One of my characters, Sharpe
    2. Prophet from Crysis (for an excuse to be inside a Nanosuit)
    3. Batman (Because who doesn't want to be Batman? Also, STEALTH)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by skypse View Post
    That's easy... And I only need 1 person.

CHUCK NORRIS!

No weakness, no drawbacks. Just pure omni-omnience and omniawesomness!
    Nope.

Chuck Norris hates gay people. thats too big of a drawback to justify any omni-whatever to my way of thinking.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Nope.

Chuck Norris hates gay people. thats too big of a drawback to justify any omni-whatever to my way of thinking.
    I don't think values of the targets are factors or the point of the thread; just abilities, influence, etc.

Pan Qing Fu: THE martial artist.

Christopher Lee: Prolific actor, heavy metal artist, and served as inspiration for James Bond.

Isaac Asimov: Does it really need explanation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Cool idea. Cool name. I like this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Obviously this is how a Beholder's anti-magic eye works. It's not just negating magic, it's gathering valuable Vitamin A(rcane).
    I am a CN Human Wizard (5th Level)
    STR 8; DEX 10; CON 10; INT 15; WIS 10; CHA 9

18. - Top - End - #78

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthpawSoldier View Post
    I don't think values of the targets are factors or the point of the thread; just abilities, influence, etc.
    This :) OP didn't say that we get this person's mindset. Only his responsibility. I find it hard to believe that Chuck Norris sees as his responsibility to kill every gay person in the world, and even if he secretly does, we can't know. So Chuck still wins this :P
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by skypse View Post
    This :) OP didn't say that we get this person's mindset. Only his responsibility. I find it hard to believe that Chuck Norris sees as his responsibility to kill every gay person in the world, and even if he secretly does, we can't know. So Chuck still wins this :P
    Other than how he's a mediocre actor at best and a decent martial artist who is hardly deserving of the Chuck Norris jokes, sure.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Yeah, but he isnt unhappy with his born gender, he just feels sometimes like female, so it is only an "issue" because of his Dad and some Jerks like Tony.
    I want to apologize for saying something about a condition, that I didn't fully understand. I have done some Research and it seems like genderfluid people are experiencing gender dysphoria, when they feel like the gender, that they aren't born with. So it isn't just an issue because of other people. I am sorry, if it seemed like I took an issue too lightly.

If I said accidently anything wrong or offensive in this Post, please let me know.
    Last edited by AGD; 2015-02-03 at 09:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

So, since Lelouch was mentioned and he's a good contender, I'm thinking about worst combinations, now. Personality/weakness wise.

Who can think of any combinations where the weakness of one more than nullifies the strength of the other?

Nomination the first: Ikari Shinji as a Green Lantern.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2015-02-03 at 10:07 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

22. - Top - End - #82

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Other than how he's a mediocre actor at best and a decent martial artist who is hardly deserving of the Chuck Norris jokes, sure.
    Well obviously the Chuck Norris we all love is the jokes persona so that's who I'm referring to :)

23. - Top - End - #83

Lil B
    The BasedGod
    Brandon McCartney

I would be more #positive and #based every day. People I meet on the street would smile at me. And I'd say back to them "I love you"

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Okay, so three fictional characters, each from a different universe, and I have to accept the weaknesses as well as the strengths. Admittedly at first glance, my picks might seem like powergaming, but despite the immense power, I'm actually picking less for power than for balancing out each character's weaknesses while building on their strengths, so that I can do many things to accomplish what I'd really like to do, which is to become a hero for people to look up to, to inspire people to be better.

Pick 1:

Bennett du Paris, aka Exodus (Marvel Universe)

I was tempted, very tempted, to keep my powers more subdued and go for Spiderman, but Exodus has long been a favorite character of mine, and it was rather too tempting to pass up. If you are going by the goofy "class" of mutant powers introduced in the wretched X-Men 3, then Exodus is easily a Class-4 Mutant, who is generally considered the most powerful overall combination of telepathy and telekinesis not named The Phoenix Force. Xavier might technically be a stronger telepath, and I imagine that in theory Sentry is a more powerful telekinetic (though to my knowledge the two have never matched off against each other), but it's a bit of a "Superman vs. Flash" kind of scenario where the best at everything goes up against the best at one thing: usually, the strongest overall loses, but only marginally so. In this case, Exodus can give either of those characters a run for their money at their chosen specialty, while still retaining his sanity. What is more, he has the added bonus of virtual immortality, limited healing factor, and I'm guessing enhanced durability, if you consider the fact that he's been stabbed by Wolverine and healed the damage.

Admittedly, he's got some serious issues with megalomania, which is why I made my third pick the way I did.

Pick 2:

Bruce Wayne, aka Batman (DCAU)

Incredible wealth. Incredible willpower. Incredible physique. Incredible intellect. Batman is very close to getting Captain America, Black Widow and Tony Stark all in the same package. Now I realize that the monomaniacal pursuit of justice may ordinarily seem like a drawback, but honestly, I've pretty much already got that in my present form anyway. Having control of a multi-billion dollar corporation just gives me the tools to use it. Admittedly, I might have to go about it differently than Batman does, because I'm altering myself with this pick rather than the universe. I don't assume that there is now a city wherein crime is rampant and the institutions are perpetually on the verge of falling apart, and only I can serve as a beacon of justice.

Gotham may have been what made Batman, but Gotham isn't necessary for Batman. Even if there had been no crime wave, Bruce would have served as a knight in one capacity or another.

Just as a side note, I'm being very specific about picking the Batman from the DCAU as written by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. One of the hidden drawbacks about picking Batman is that if you aren't very, very careful, you get Adam West camp, which is awful, or you get ridiculously over-the-top gritty, which is also awful. The DCAU Batman is very serious, but he's also got the immense humanity and care for his fellow humans underneath it that I both respect immensely and deeply desire to have.

Pick 3: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars original trilogy)

You may think that with Exodus' telekinesis and telepathy, there really isn't a need for Kenobi's skills and abilities, that I'm only picking up a laser sword. You would be wrong, or at least, seduced by the Dark Side of the Star Wars Universe, which sees the power of the Jedi as any other form of superpower, and where Jedi are measured by how fast they spin their lightsabers. This is otherwise known as the late Lucas version of the Jedi.

No, I'm picking the Original Trilogy version of Ben Kenobi, the one where a Jedi's strength is tied to his wisdom and connection with the Force. Honestly, if my headcanon had been played out on screen, far from being a member of the Jedi Counsel, Kenobi would never have been more than a mid-level Jedi Knight, an order of magnitude less powerful than Yoda or the Emperor (with Vader somewhere between those two levels). But he nevertheless possessed a deep sense of wisdom, compassion, and willingness to rely on the power to persuade and reason with others rather than rely on the Force. Even when he does use The Force, it's always small and gentle. Ben Kenobi guides and leans where Vader pushes, and it's that difference, that capacity to moderate one's power that I am looking for. I might have gone for Yoda, but the drawback of being a little green muppet was a bit much for me. Ben Kenobi does have his flaws: his tendency to write his own headcanon and replace that with fact, his failure to see anything but the best in his friends and his rather headstrong confidence in his own abilities that sometimes puts him in over his head. But he is perceptive, and wise, and willing to acknowledge his own weaknesses, which makes him the invaluable third man that tempers Bruce's monomania and Bennett's powerhungry impulses.

I don't want to rule the world. I want to make it better, more caring, more just. It's Obi Wan who will give me the wisdom to know how best to make use of my nigh mind-boggling capacity. It doesn't hurt that goal that, in order to be Ben Kenobi, there really would now be an energy field created by all living things that surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the galaxy together. This would be the reason why I picked Obi Wan over Jean Luc Picard, who I would have desired for much the same reason.
    Last edited by McStabbington; 2015-02-12 at 09:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    So, since Lelouch was mentioned and he's a good contender, I'm thinking about worst combinations, now. Personality/weakness wise.

Who can think of any combinations where the weakness of one more than nullifies the strength of the other?

Nomination the first: Ikari Shinji as a Green Lantern.
    The trouble with that is that Green Lanterns are part of an intergalactic army of heroes, who are probably going to be supportive and friendly with Shinji, and Shinji Ikari plus genuine care plus powers based on confidence equals Simon the Digger.

I do like this idea, though, so here's my contribution.

Nomination the second: Light Yagami as a Super Saiyan.

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show
    While giving a criminal genius the power to destroy planets looks overpowered at first, Light is involved in a game of wits and deception with his enemies. The last thing he needs is a flashy transformation that lights up his immediate area like a football arena. He also can't hold the tranformation indefinitely and it doesn't effect his base form, so he can be easily tracked and shot when he runs out of juice.
    While he can possibly outfight all the powers of the world's military and blow away cities, he is going to have to be very efficient at destroying all resistance in a single strike, or any sane commander will order his resting place carpet bombed the minute he powers down. Even if he does destroy the armed forces of the world, his name and face will be likely be broadcast quickly around the world for anybody with a grudge to take a crack at him while he's vulnerable.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Golden A.M.A.Z.O.
    Ellimist(animorphs)
    and a character i made called Deus Rex, hes basically a tyrant, with the power to alter reality.
    i like power.
    Last edited by AkazilliaDeNaro; 2015-02-14 at 12:05 PM.
    If you are going to shorten my name go with "Akaz" instead of "Aka" its less confusing.
    Also I may End up Capatalizing the BEginning of words, or mispelleing them interly.
    Think nothing of it, I just REALLY suck at typing.(Those examples were on purpose, though.)
    My Homebrews
    Homebrew Table Tutorial

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    The brains of the Professor,
    the wealth of Thurston Howell III
    and the salt of the earth personality of Mary Ann.
    Stir well; happiness will ensue...as long as we don't get stranded on an island...

You don't think mixing a megalomaniac, a obsessive borderline psychotic, and alcoholism might be problematic?
    No, no I dont. As I said, the varied traits of the other two guys will help balance the bad sides out. Both bruce wayne and tony stark are of the good persuasion, to balance out any evil tendencies brought about by the luthor part of the gestalt. Both bruce and lex have massive self control and no real overwhelming interest in partying hard and drinking everything in sight, so that would rein in the alcoholism. And tony has enough party animal in him to help them relax a bit. Make it less of an act on bruce waynes part, and not just an obligation to make contacts and such on the part of luthor. Combine the inventive brilliance of tony and bruce with the business management skill of luthor and I would own the world, (not rule, own) With the charisma of tony stark and bruce wayne's persona, I would own the world and the world would be happy about it!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    No, no I dont. As I said, the varied traits of the other two guys will help balance the bad sides out. Both bruce wayne and tony stark are of the good persuasion, to balance out any evil tendencies brought about by the luthor part of the gestalt... I would own the world, (not rule, own) With the charisma of tony stark and bruce wayne's persona, I would own the world and the world would be happy about it!
    Ok, I agree if you are using the Batman I grew up with, the Lawful good one who for 50 years - while raising **** Grayson- was the best foster father this side of Jonathan Kent.

There are so many versions of these characters since I was a kid; but all 3 have charisma, high intelligence, wealth, and power. Likewise, I just saw 3 characters who had no trouble crushing the rights of others and because of their similarities, reinforcing rather than reducing their bad sides.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Ok, I agree if you are using the Batman I grew up with, the Lawful good one who for 50 years - while raising **** Grayson- was the best foster father this side of Jonathan Kent.

There are so many versions of these characters since I was a kid; but all 3 have charisma, high intelligence, wealth, and power. Likewise, I just saw 3 characters who had no trouble crushing the rights of others and because of their similarities, reinforcing rather than reducing their bad sides.
    True true, and im not even close to a good enough comic expert to be able to point to the specific incarnations of each i am talking about. Its entirely possible they could reinforce each others bad aspects, but im counting on the absolutely inhuman self control of 2/3 of the set to keep that from happening.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

1. Emma Frost
    2. Dr. Strange
    3. Mystique

While telepathy does have the potential to cause a lot of problems, it would be incredibly useful. Emma's powers in particular would be very useful in terms of being able to help people with psychic surgery (e.g. trauma victims & people with mental disorders). The ability to hide in plain sight due to psychic camouflage, as well as create psionic bolts is pretty cool. being able to upload/download info including languages is awesome. The diamond form also helps to shore up martial defenses. she also has an incredible talent for computers and electronics.

Dr. Strange has magic, specifically magic that allows you to create gold. You're set for life. Also you get flight and telekinesis, with a bunch of other fun extras. Also Dr. Strange's medical training works well with the psychic surgery aspect.

Mystique would be great since you can change any physical aspect about yourself, and if you don't like the change you can start over. Gender really doesn't become an issue with her powers. If you prefer one over the other you can just stay in that form. mystique is also a very proficient combatant, and marksman. Immortality is more of a burden than a gift in my opinion so her extended lifespan would be enough.