New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Help rounding character out

Hello all!

I am trying to round out a character build based on the LoP dirty trick for being a beholder mage. For those unfamiliar with the trick basically you pay for Polymorph any Object to make yourself a beholder (magic service worth 1200GP), use the feat Metamorphic Transfer to gain the antimagic eye of the beholder (it's a SU ability so normally you don't have it thus can't enter Beholder mage) and BAM you've entered a fast progression casting class that learns like a wizard, casts like a sorcerer, and casts as free actions (each eye stock of the beholder allow you to cast one spell as a free action of one particular spell level i.e one stock for 6th, another for 3rd, etc).

The purpose of the build is to have access to 9ths with arcane and divine and general psionic access, free action casting of arcane, and ok melee. The divine side is for buffs, and the arcane is general GOD stuff

The build so far is Human Psychic Warrior 5/fighter 1/beholder mage 2/ur priest 2/mystic theurge 8/fighter 2/?? 1

Feats required to enter the classes and do the trick are Malign spell focus, metamorphic transfer, and iron will.

My questions are as follows:

1) what other feats would be good for a build like this? (I have 10 remaining)

2) Any items that really help a psi/arc/div build like this? (other than a mouthpick weapon)

3) Can I add the stat points from leveling to INT? Polymorph any object replaces int in creature as well as physical but I'm not sure that if I add them they would change the score of the polymorphed form.

4) Any other tips, changes, thoughts to this build that could help/optimize further?
    I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - Elwood P Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddles View Post
    You're going to want tetrochloroethylene if it's in pencil, acetone if it's permanent marker, or water if it's pen.

/solvent optimization

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Help rounding character out

bump? I would like a little help with this
    I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - Elwood P Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddles View Post
    You're going to want tetrochloroethylene if it's in pencil, acetone if it's permanent marker, or water if it's pen.

/solvent optimization