Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Bleach D20

Forgive me for asking earlier.

*slaughters a goat and sacrifices it to BtV*
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

I fixed up a few things (like making a True Seeing generic ability and giving Water zanpakutou the ability to grant invisibility with enough Mirage power), but the Spiritually Aware human is taking a bit of time.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Halfling in the Playground

A Little Something I have been working on.

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Death Type

The Death Type is a rarely seen type that only appears in those who are of True Evil nature. The death Type uses the power of Negative Energy, The opposite to the power of life itself to destroy it opponents and create hollow kind.

Bone Blade:
    This changes the form of the zanpakutou’s blade into bone, causing it to inflict negative damage. Death Blade may still be used in conjunction with Bone Blade.

Death Blade:
    This allows you to charge your zanpakutou with the power of death that tears apart you opponents living flesh. As a move-equivalent action, you can charge your zanpakutou with negative energy, giving it an additional 2d6 negative damage. This effect lasts until you release your hold on your zanpakutou or reseal it.

Greater Death Blade:
    This requires Death Blade to take. It grants an additional 2d6 Negative damage when manifesting Death Blade, for a total of 4d6.

Superior Death Blade:
    This requires Death Blade and Greater Death Blade to take. It grants an additional 2d6 Negative damage when manifesting Greater Death Blade, for a total of 6d6.

Swift Death Blade:
    This requires Death Blade to take. It allows you to manifest your Death Blade as a Swift Action.

Draining Touch: This requires two other death abilities to take. This allows you to drain the health of an opponent to unleash in attack later on equal to 1d6 damage per hit to a maximum of 30 damage this damage only effects one of your Zanpakuto Attacks, stacks with the effects of death blade and if the attack misses the energy is lost and must be stored up again. This ability may be taken multiple times increased the damage absorbed by one step (eg; after taking this ability twice 1d8 damage is absorbed). Or increases the amount damage able to be stored by 5 points. (Eg; after taking this ability twice you could store a maximum of 35 points.)

Create Hollow Kind: This requires three other death abilities to take. This ability pulls hollows into existence from Hueco Mondo under you control in this fashion you can bring into existence 10 hit dice worth of hollows the effect of this ability lasts for ½ character level + Int or Wis modifier roundsdepending on which is higher . This ability may be taken multiple times each time increasing the hit dice worth of hollows available by 5 hd to a maximum of your character level or can be taken to increase the duration hollows pulled into existence through this ability to your character level + Int or Wis Modifier rounds.
    Last edited by ShadowyFigure; 2007-11-09 at 11:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's cool, but is there any example of it in the series?
    WARNING: This game contains mild off-scene violence and some adult innuendo.
    Do you wish to continue?
    >y

WARNING: This game contains dragons.
    Do you still wish to continue?
    >n

5. - Top - End - #305

Umm...
    Nope.

I just made it ya know. As an idea.

6. - Top - End - #306

SamuraiGuy

Hello there

I tried to edit the rulebook to give it a better readability, and some bleach artworks.

get it here, tell me what you think.

http://perso.orange.fr/faury/Bleach_d20.zip
    Last edited by draxredd; 2007-11-13 at 03:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Pixie in the Playground

Very cool, but you need a pic to go with the hollows, I mean show the villians some love man. My wife and I did something similiar to that as well, it looks great, but is freakin huge, over 200 pages. I am a freelance game designer, and she does graphic design. We both got a good giggle out of Kenpaichi Kon, good chioce. otherwise great job

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

Shadow when are we going to get a crack at that character sheet again? I am psyched to see it, I have been trying to customize one for my playtest crew and have had no luck. Looking forward to seeing it man.

"That Hollow is going to beat me like I owe him money". " Nah it's gonna beat you like a screen door in a hurricane". "Your not really helping my confidence man" Alex, a sprit enhanced human to Isheen Ishamaru, when confronted by a menos grande.

9. - Top - End - #309

I'm looking into the sheet thing. Its actually a really good sheet. Just needs minor adjustments and a decent host.

10. - Top - End - #310

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deathreaper2425 View Post
    Very cool, but you need a pic to go with the hollows, I mean show the villians some love man. My wife and I did something similiar to that as well, it looks great, but is freakin huge, over 200 pages. I am a freelance game designer, and she does graphic design. We both got a good giggle out of Kenpaichi Kon, good chioce. otherwise great job
    yeah, i know... hard to find some good fan art about Bleach villains.

Btw, my ISP is gonna hate me for this, but i just updated the file with a truckload new arts. Enjoy while it lasts !

11. - Top - End - #311

Hey, that's pretty cool Drax. The artwork helps. Shoot me an IM or email at some point, I have suggestions for artwork more tied to the various sections. I like the fonts.

As far as the sheet, we can host it, send it to myself or Zebulon Crispi and we'll get that taken care of.

Anyway, I've been occupied being an Ultra Reporter (I'm a journalism major and need to write a lot of stories for the paper), but I hope to have more material released later this week. I'm trying to think of a more original system for the spiritually aware humans.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFigure View Post
    A Little Something I have been working on.

Death Type
    That is the d***edest thing. I was coming up with a Death Type shikai with Negative energy blade abilities like the other elemental blades, but I had other ideas for what to throw in with it that would relate to some of the characters' zanpakuto from the show.

One of the abilities I threw in were the Assassin's Death Attack that functioned the exact same way except you can take 'n' times to decrease the amount of time you spend studying your target or any number of times to increase the save DC by 1. I'm not sure if there is what the prerequisites are yet , if any. (I think that this would work great with Soi Fon's zanpakuto.)
    Other ideas I had would replicate Necromancy or Death subbed spells from any book.
    I was also thinking of syncopation abilities that would require shikai abilities from 2 or more types, but that is just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by draxredd View Post
    Hello there

I tried to edit the rulebook to give it a better readability, and some bleach artworks.

get it here, tell me what you think.

http://perso.orange.fr/faury/Bleach_d20.zip
    The picture of the Espada you have under the Arrancar PrC are numbered incorrectly fyi. This isn't much of a problem but just incase I can list all of them from 10 to 4.
    Actually here they are.
    Warning!!! This is a spoiler! Do not look if you don't want the anime/manga spoiled!
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Stark
    2. Halibel
    3. Old Espada
    4. Ulquiorra
    5. Nnoitra
    6. Grimmjow
    7. Stone-face dude with skull earrings
    8. Szayelaporro
    9. Aaroniero
    10. Yammy
    I got this list here. It's the second list.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2007-11-13 at 06:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

SamuraiGuy

About the seat numbering : maybe the espada just played musical chairs ?

however i found a 100% better espada art in full colour. will be up in next update.

14. - Top - End - #314

SamuraiGuy

however i found a 100% better espada art in full colour. will be up in next update.
    btw, just updated the doc.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

It should be emphasized that the top three on Dante & Vergil's list are pure speculation.
    Do you wish to continue?
    >y

>n

16. - Top - End - #316

SamuraiGuy

been thinking a bit. You should add Lore skills (shinigami, hollow, hueco mundo, Soul society, etc...) to the skill section, plus a "Hadoucraft" skill (similar to spellcraft)

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by ZebulonCrispi View Post
    It should be emphasized that the top three on Dante & Vergil's list are pure speculation.
    Sorry, I didn't mean for it to look like fact.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

been thinking a bit. You should add Lore skills (shinigami, hollow, hueco mundo, Soul society, etc...) to the skill section, plus a "Hadoucraft" skill (similar to spellcraft)
    We've actually talked about something along those lines, but instead of adding new knowledges, we add more application to existing knowledges - The Planes for Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, stuff like that. It's not in the book yet, though.

And wouldn't it be Kidôcraft, rather than Hadôcraft? Kidô is the general term for both types.
    Do you wish to continue?
    >y

>n

19. - Top - End - #319

SamuraiGuy

yup, kidocraft, you're right.

Also : how to compare character reiatsu ? i'd say it's a function of their charisma*/+character level. This could be a basis for the paralysing "spiritual pressure" used by yamamoto and aisen (roll d20+CHA bonus+Lvl, highest wins, paralysing the opponent for 1rnd/CHA bonus <= just a suggestion)

Kidocraft could maybe be rolled to assess another character reiatsu (opposed kidocraft roll if the opponent is masking his aura).

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

yup, kidocraft, you're right.

Also : how to compare character reiatsu ? i'd say it's a function of their charisma*/+character level. This could be a basis for the paralysing "spiritual pressure" used by yamamoto and aisen (roll d20+CHA bonus+Lvl, highest wins, paralysing the opponent for 1rnd/CHA bonus <= just a suggestion)

Kidocraft could maybe be rolled to assess another character reiatsu (opposed kidocraft roll if the opponent is masking his aura).
    Direct quotes from the rulebook:

Intimidate
    In addition to its normal function, Intimidate allows you to overwhelm foes with your reiatsu. A reiatsu surge can be initiated at any time as a standard action. Make an intimidate check against your foe, who makes either an opposed Intimidate or Level check (their choice). If you succeed, your opponent takes a -2 penalty on all rolls for as many rounds as you won the check by. Also, for every five points you exceed their roll by, they take another, cumulative -2 penalty. If they defeat your roll, they throw off your surge by pushing back with their own reiatsu, causing you to become dazed for rounds equal to ½ the amount they defeated your surge by rounded down, to a minimum of 1.
    Disguise
    Disguise can also be used to hide your reiatsu from prying eyes. Whenever you desire, you may attempt to disguise your reiatsu as a standard action. You can keep your reiatsu disguised for as long as you wish, but you must wait five minutes after dropping your reiatsu suppression before you may make another attempt to do so.

While disguising your reiatsu, if someone makes a Sense Motive check to sense you, compare the respective results. If your disguise check is higher, they fail to sense your reiatsu entirely. The amount that they beat your check by is how well they judged your reiatsu. By each one point they exceed your check, they uncover 10% of your apparent ability, so someone who only exceeds your check by 1 will sense you at only one tenth of your true power, whereas someone who exceeds your check by 10 or more will fully discern your level of power.
    Sense Motive
    Sense Motive can also be used to summon reiraku, the spirit cords. Reiraku allows you to locate people with great spiritual energy, and functions much as a detect evil spell, but at greater range. Summoning the reiraku is an alternate feature of the track function, and uses the following mechanics.

When sensing for someone’s spirit energy, make a sense motive check. For each number of the result, add 5 feet to the radius that sense extends outward to (so a result of 10 would mean that you were able to sense all spirit energy within 50 feet of you). The results are the same as if you had used a detection spell at that range (refer to the spell description for the exact list of effects).
    You may only summon reiraku once every five minutes.
    That do it for you?
    Do you wish to continue?
    >y

>n

21. - Top - End - #321

We may not have anything yet on the Vasto Lorde yet, but
    Spoiler
    Show
    in episode 148, Ashido tells Rukia not to go to Las Noches because there are Vasto Lorde there. Which meens we've seen at least one of them.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Reply to that Vasto Lorde spoiler...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not neccesarily. In the Manga it sounded like they hadn't found any Vasto Lorde yet. I think they're all Adjucha. Maybe all of Las Noches hasn't been explored yet? Or maybe I'm wrong and maybe there are a few in the Espada
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, it's hardly conclusive, but pretty much every time they talk about Vasto Lorde in the anime, they cut to Ulquiorra's face.

Nevertheless, I'd like to avoid statting anything until we know for sure who's a Vasto Lorde and who isn't.
    Do you wish to continue?
    >y

>n

24. - Top - End - #324

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZebulonCrispi View Post
    Direct quotes from the rulebook (...)
    That do it for you?
    Well, my major concern is that I think it's a bit on the heavy side regarding skill points involved, and defines reiatsu as purely a function of character level (where in my eye, it's also defined by strenght of will, be it CHA or WIS).

morover :
    The skill choice of Disguise for reiatsu suppression seems quite arbitrary: why not Hide or Bluff ? Same for Sense motive... wouldn't Search or Spot more appropriate ?

Also there could be a Disguise (or Hide, or Bluff ?)roll to hide one's reiatsu, with a DC of own's character level (it's harder to hide a very powerful reiatsu than a low one).

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

wink Re: Bleach D20

Well, currently, my PBP is going rather well... Although it's kinda being a little evil with the dice rolls. Not to mention that my referee characters flunked initiative. :(
    Now, when the plot begins in earnest, things could get ugly if these rolls keep up.

"Attack the Menos Grande!"
    "1!"
    "1!"
    "1!"
    "1, though my STR is high enough that I would have hit without the auto-miss."
    "1!"
    "Hado!"
    "The Hollow rolls a natural 20 on its save."
    "2, but I'm the healer, so I miss anyways."

ETC.
    Click the spoiler tag for a link to my forums!
    Spoiler
    Show

Please visit my forums! We've got a great community and a lot of excellent free form RPing!

Thanks to DrKarling for the awesome avatar!

26. - Top - End - #326

Well, my major concern is that I think it's a bit on the heavy side regarding skill points involved, and defines reiatsu as purely a function of character level (where in my eye, it's also defined by strenght of will, be it CHA or WIS).

morover :
    The skill choice of Disguise for reiatsu suppression seems quite arbitrary: why not Hide or Bluff ? Same for Sense motive... wouldn't Search or Spot more appropriate ?

Also there could be a Disguise (or Hide, or Bluff ?)roll to hide one's reiatsu, with a DC of own's character level (it's harder to hide a very powerful reiatsu than a low one).
    I picked Disguise and Sense Motive because it was most applicable. Hiding one's Reiatsu is more disguising it, making it appear irrelevant. Sense Motive can be used to measure a person's strength. Disguise keys into Charisma, so high Charisma adds additional benefits to it. Sense Motive does so with Wisdom, as it's perception-based and you get bonuses off it.

Hide is used for actually not being physically seen in this case. There are plenty of cases where someone says something to the effect of "I can feel you watching me, now where are you?"

Not everyone can sense Reiatsu well, and hollows have pretty crappy Wisdom whereas Shinigami tend to have decent Charisma if they want to cast Kidou, so even untrained Shinigami tend to be better at disguising their reiatsu than hollows are at finding them.

I'm using opposed checks because being able to beat a DC tends to lend itself towards absolutes, and with skill boosting zanpakutou abilities you could just up your Disguise and never have to worry about being found again. Ever.

27. - Top - End - #327

The only problem with that system is the unintentional pairing of regular disguising with suppressing ones Reiatsu... and I think suppress is the right word.

If you view it as suppression, then the character level thing makes sense. I would say that one could willingly lower themselves power wise with some check, most likely a will save to suppress ones own power. There could be rules for functioning as weaker while suppressing reiatsu, but that might be more complicated than you want.

I just hate to see simplicity form a marriage between two skills that have no common bond. Dressing up like a lady and hiding the fact that you are a captain class shiningami shouldn't be tied together IMHO....

But I am looking at a part to a whole, and I know you dont want the system to be too complicated.
    \"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.\" -Lord Vishnu

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by themrpj View Post
    Dressing up like a lady and hiding the fact that you are a captain class shiningami
    you sir, just gave me a mental image involving Zaraki that made me giggle.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    you sir, just gave me a mental image involving Zaraki that made me giggle.
    Do you wish to continue?
    >y

>n

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by themrpj View Post
    The only problem with that system is the unintentional pairing of regular disguising with suppressing ones Reiatsu... and I think suppress is the right word.

If you view it as suppression, then the character level thing makes sense. I would say that one could willingly lower themselves power wise with some check, most likely a will save to suppress ones own power. There could be rules for functioning as weaker while suppressing reiatsu, but that might be more complicated than you want.

I just hate to see simplicity form a marriage between two skills that have no common bond. Dressing up like a lady and hiding the fact that you are a captain class shiningami shouldn't be tied together IMHO....

But I am looking at a part to a whole, and I know you dont want the system to be too complicated.
    That is a pretty good point, I can definitely see where you're coming with that. I may end up just making a separate skill for reiatsu suppression. That would keep it in the simpler opposed skill check, but wouldn't present the same problems.