New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #751
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Bleach D20

where do i download the newest version?

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

First post.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just finished reading the entire thread...again (I found it a while ago, and just found it again...)
    just had a little 2cp (or more..this is getting long >.> ) to toss in for the 4Ed thinking....(referencing FelixZ's idea)

When looking at all the possibilities that can be done with awakened humans and Shinigami (Quincy not so much, they only really could work as Strikers...though maybe controllers) they could fall under all four categories of class...So really what may be happening is...*counts*...nine spirit based classes. This obviously poses a problem. Maybe an easier way would be to make "spirit attuned" classes that didn't necessarily have to be Shinigami, or awakened humans. It would basically be the same 2 (or 3) 'super builds' for each category, with more fine tuned builds branching off.

Warrior: either becomes Ichigo/Renji-like, or else Chad-like (defender role)
    Precise: Quincy, Kido-focused Shinigami or characters like Gin...and Orihime probably took this class's training feat... (striker role)
    Healer: Squad four shinigami, as well as Orihime-ish...probably (she's kind of like a DM imposed plot device...) (leader...though this could be broader...not sure)
    Controler..thingy: Something like Beyakuya(sp?) or even Aizen to some extent. Also maybe an awakened human...but I'm unaware of characters to reference in this case... (controler role...couldn't come up with a name)

Also, for better and worse, Hollows are just monsters now...with Arrancar as being just another type. no playing them now....maybe.../shrug

Oops...that went on way longer than I was intending...sorry..though, I hope I've sparked some ideas...

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, one thing. Isn't this project kind of being phased out?
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    Well, one thing. Isn't this project kind of being phased out?
    It is, but I'll likely pick it back up again for 4e. If people have questions though I'll still answer them.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Behold_the_Void View Post
    It is, but I'll likely pick it back up again for 4e. If people have questions though I'll still answer them.
    Well is there any Evolved Augment abilities? or any Matterializer abilities around? my gaming group is dying for them and I personally don't know much about the way the mechanics work to mess with them. I would love to see them if there are.

Edit: I also wanted to add that of the thirteen different Bleach D20s my group has tried we enjoyed this one the most and were saddened by its delay for the 4th DnD edition. I work on my own system and I enjoyed this verson far more than my own. I do hope to see more.

Edit2: After taking a look I noticed this has been asked for a lot, however I could use anything that's finished, if that's possible. I mean if your going to wait til fourth might as well post what you have yeah? I hope I am not coming off as rude because I feel like a bit of a fan looking for the extra ending to a good book.
    Last edited by Killercloud; 2008-05-27 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Forgot Important Note

7. - Top - End - #757

Unfortunately I never quite figured out how I wanted the Materializer to work, so there aren't any more abilities. The Augment, however, can make use of most ability-boosting zanpakutou abilities.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, cool. Does that mean Shikai or Bankai abilities?

9. - Top - End - #759

Augment Evolved is basically bankai, so it can make use of most of the bankai abilities.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Pixie in the Playground

Also Personally The Materializer is sort of like an Alter User from Scryed, they create object to assist them and sometimes heal or protect. mostly it seems that in bleach the healing and protecting powers of Orihime are near unique and are probably just the healing type Zanbakutou abilities and then maybe a sheilding type.

Note: as I said I am making my own d20 system for kicks and would love to help with this one, into fourth edition. I like 3.5 for this merely for all the support it currently has although 4th edition brings new options as well, so I guess the point is, if you want some help, look no further. I am active and willing to help (seeing as I do little else but write and Game.)

11. - Top - End - #761
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've seen some of 4th ed and don't do bleach like it.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Halfling in the Playground

Agreed. For the love of god, don't switch bleach to 4e.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

It's kind of his choice you know.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

14. - Top - End - #764

In my previous post, I didn't have much time to type out entirely what I wanted to say, mainly because I was on a public computer and my alotted time had only seconds left on it. What I was trying to say was don't do the Bleach system entirely like it. I've seen what 4th edition is capable of, and that comes nothing close to what we've seen in Bleach. I will admit, some, if not most, of the mechanics that 4th edition uses are perfect for Bleach, but the power level and what very little one can do with it, that should not be taken into account for your rendition of Bleach.
    A couple of things if you use 4th edition:
    1. Use appropriate damage ratios to hit point ratios 'cause from what I've seen, it will take an eternity 'cause the players/monsters do crap damage to each other and in Bleach, we can all agree that fights don't ever last more than a couple of minutes, at most. Hell, use 3.0/3.5's hit dice if needs be. Even epic levels can't take out anything in one round without using action points. And even coupe de grace'ing monsters while they're tied down will take many more rounds than there should be.
    2. Do not restrict the people to what 4th edition dictates. The mechanics that they have don't cover Bleach's entire spectrum of what can be done. Come up with your own mechanics, or intigrate back some old ones if possible.
    3. BE CREATIVE!!!! I must be very stressful of this because 4th edition lacks a lot of creativity. 4th edition uses very little in the way of imagination for what players can do. Do a vast spectrum of different abilities that are flavorful, that get the job done (hopefuly quickly), and most importantly, that are cool and fun to use.
    Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho would do nice damage, but to Hollows/Arrancar who's Hit Points are too high to even notice, Aizen's shikai wouldn't even exist because of what little can be done, same with Tosen's bankai and don't get me started with Kenpachi. And Soi Fon's shikai would be massacred by Wizards of the Coast because save-or-dies like that are forever gone. (There are two, the Bodak's gaze attack but their target has to be damaged first, and one of Orcus's attacks that I can't remember off the top of my head. That is it!)
    When you get a look at it, you will see mechanics that will work perfectly for Bleach, but keep what I said somewhat in mind when your building Bleach d20 with 4th edition.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2008-06-07 at 11:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765

...So since 4th edition is out to the public, do you guys think that it will work for Bleach D20?

16. - Top - End - #766
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm still waiting for my books to arrive, thus i don't know as of yet whether or not 4th edition is good for Bleach D20.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

It can with some work. I can do a quincy write up and an Awakened Human write up pretty quick, though Shinigami would be a longer, harder and more intensive. Of course the 3.5 was just as hard I assume.

Here is a quick class by role work up of what I see coming:
    Controller: Kido Shinigami, Bount
    Defender: Awakened-Augment, Warrior Shingami
    Striker: Quincy, Hollow
    Leader: Awakened-(Orihime type), Elite Shinigami
    -Notes:
    -All Shinigami can have as an Paragon Path Vizard.
    -Hollows can have Arrancar as a Paragon Path.
    -Other Classes?

So, in the immortal words of some dude, "Let's do this thing!"

18. - Top - End - #768

The striker+other class desciptor stuff I'll leave to you guys. The stuff above will probably be good to use.
    Soul Reaper should be one class with paragon paths of the original 3 Soul Reaper Classes (i.e. the Warrior Soul Reaper, the Expert Soul Reaper, and the Spellcaster Soul Reaper). Bankai can be obtained at Epic levels (probably paragon levels but lets start with this), and what we could do with this system is allow players to advance past level 30 if they're a Vizard or Arrancar (Both would probably have to be templates, but if one of you guys can come up with something better, then that would be a lot better than using templates and it would be much appreciated). Shikai would be obtained at paragon levels (or in the first 10 levels if Bankai is going to be in the paragon levels). I think of something for other classes and such... maybe.

19. - Top - End - #769

Bankai will be paragon tier, shikai will be heroic tier. There are five power sources - Zanpakutou, Zanjutsu (which is more fightery swordplay than actual zanpakutou powers), Hakuda, Hihio, and Kidou.

Epic Tier will be for Vizard, Vasto Lorde, and the like. I've been kind of plotting how it will work, and I am likely going to make a system to further customize classes. More to come... maybe soon? I've been busy and working a lot so I haven't had a chance to put things down on paper. I will likely make a new thread for it when I have some material ready.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Pixie in the Playground

Question about the greater summon zanpakutou ability.

Does the 2nd last line also include the form's special qualities/traits, or does it just refer to things such as a creature's ability to trip or use spell-like abilities?

21. - Top - End - #771
    Pixie in the Playground

Any news, guys?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Has anyone updated the PDF version of the rules?

Silver Contributor To The Avatar d20 Project

23. - Top - End - #773

Epic Tier will be for Vizard, Vasto Lorde, and the like. I've been kind of plotting how it will work, and I am likely going to make a system to further customize classes. More to come... maybe soon? I've been busy and working a lot so I haven't had a chance to put things down on paper. I will likely make a new thread for it when I have some material ready.
    I think there should be a Captain progression as well.

Bankai will be paragon tier, shikai will be heroic tier. There are five power sources - Zanpakutou, Zanjutsu (which is more fightery swordplay than actual zanpakutou powers), Hakuda, Hihio, and Kidou.
    Hihio? Is that what it's called? Shunpo is what I thought it was called.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

I still believe SWSE's Jedi are a perfect start for Shinigami. Jedi and Shinigami aren't that different after all. Instead of the Forcee shinigami have kido, but other then that they are very much alike.

25. - Top - End - #775

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    Hihio? Is that what it's called? Shunpo is what I thought it was called.
    Hi- Blase
    Hio- wicked person

26. - Top - End - #776

SamuraiGuy

Hi all

I've no longer enough time to work on this alternative bleach d20 project of mine. So if anyone wants to pilfer anything useful from it, please help yourselves !

<<<LINK DELETED>>>

(sorry for the dead link, my ISP isn't very forgiving on bandwidth usage. this should work better, see below for updated download locations)
    Last edited by draxredd; 2008-08-22 at 10:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Pixie in the Playground

draxredd, that link is dead, I keep getting an error message when I click it, and an html file when I download it.

Also, has anyone else noticed how well Shinigami can be made from Jedi in the Star Wars Saga Edition manual? I know Byakko has.

Force Powers = Kido
    Lightsabers = Zanpakuto
    Talent tree = Shinigami specializations/squad designations

When I have a little time, I'll see what I can construct and post it here.
    Click my banner and be taken to my Guyver conversion for D&D 4E!

28. - Top - End - #778

SamuraiGuy

Damn, Orange is such a pain, sometimes... Anyway, here it is.

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Skydrive)

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Megaupload)
    Last edited by draxredd; 2008-08-25 at 07:20 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by draxredd View Post
    Damn, Orange is such a pain, sometimes... Anyway, here it is.

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Skydrive)

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Megaupload)
    Thanks. I'm sure this'll help! ^__^

EDIT: Question. Should it be closer to 3E or 4E? Using SW:SE Jedi as a base is good, but as a whole, which system should it be closer to?

Last edited by Shinobi_Guyver; 2008-08-23 at 04:16 PM.
    Click my banner and be taken to my Guyver conversion for D&D 4E!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Guyver View Post
    Thanks. I'm sure this'll help! ^__^

EDIT: Question. Should it be closer to 3E or 4E? Using SW:SE Jedi as a base is good, but as a whole, which system should it be closer to?

I think SWSE is the best in-betwen of 3E and 4E. Classes still works much like 3E but we have talents and stuff like 4E (sorry I don't know if other systmes works like this IE D20 Modern) and almost anything already settled there for us. in SE you can have any class use limited force powers and that have it covered for people like Orihime or Chad. Uryuu on the other hand could simply have a prc class for quincy, after all is seems the basics of sensing and manipulating reiatsu as well as shumpo are in common so all that's left is their ability to obliterate hollows instead of cleansen them like shinigami do. The other differencies are cosmetics or applicational (reiatsu manipulation and stuff for the quincy) while this is the only real difference betwen shinigami and quincy (beside one is a ghost and ther other is not =P)