New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach D20

Another update.
    Also now we have to do a system for arrancars getting a
    Spoiler
    Show
    second release
    because of the most recent chapters.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-03-17 at 02:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Halfling in the Playground

I tried to read throught the whole thread, but I think I'll just ask, to be sure...
    Is anyone going to use the first version (I mean, the one of Void) as a base to work on, or you guys are going to develope your own version? Because, my DM would like to use it, but there are some things that I think just don't work well right now... (see the last post of Dante&Vergil to see what I mean, because I wasn't able to figure out how to do the spoiler thing )

I hope my english isn't too bad, it's my first time in an english forum (and I still did manage to repeat myself in a short amount of time, Hurray! )

3. - Top - End - #843

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Darkmind View Post
    I tried to read throught the whole thread, but I think I'll just ask, to be sure...
    Is anyone going to use the first version (I mean, the one of Void) as a base to work on, or you guys are going to develope your own version? Because, my DM would like to use it, but there are some things that I think just don't work well right now... (see the last post of Dante&Vergil to see what I mean, because I wasn't able to figure out how to do the spoiler thing )

I hope my english isn't too bad, it's my first time in an english forum (and I still did manage to repeat myself in a short amount of time, Hurray! )
    I'm going to try to base mine off of Void's as much as possible, but I will do some things a little differently.
    I'm assuming that the problem you're having is reading the spoiler block, not the stuff that I or others have put up. If I'm wrong, state your problem and I'll try to deal with it.
    Also don't worry about you english. If there is any problems with getting a point across, it's usually me with my bad eyesight.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm thinking that he meant that Void's system as it stands does not have a system for that thing you spoilered, and he didn't outright state it because he couldn't get spoiler tags to work. Of course, I could be wrong.

5. - Top - End - #845

This question may have been posted earlier in the forum, but I have never seen anyone do a "Final Shikai" or "Final Bankai" ability, or anything remotely similar to it in the bleach manga, or I might just have missed it. Or if it's just an ability to give the shinigami another option.
    Someone help me out here?

6. - Top - End - #846

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    This question may have been posted earlier in the forum, but I have never seen anyone do a "Final Shikai" or "Final Bankai" ability, or anything remotely similar to it in the bleach manga, or I might just have missed it. Or if it's just an ability to give the shinigami another option.
    Renji did in the soul society arc. He used the last of his Zampoktou's (to lazy to look up spelling) power to buy Ichigo a few seconds to attack Aizen. It didn't help, but he lost his Zampouktou (still wrong, I know).
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

7. - Top - End - #847

Thanks, I was wondering about that, plus my brother was pesking me about it. That aside, are there any other times when anyone does that or was that really the only time?

I really want to be able to contribute something, I might try playtesting this with some of my friends to figure better ways to flesh out the reiatsu system. Hope I can help!

8. - Top - End - #848

Hey I've just started reading this thread further than the first three pages and the pages after page 26; on page 8 there is a feat called Extended Mask Duration. Now, I'm not sure if people have already expanded on it or dismissed it (I haven't seen it in the compilation or at least I don't think so) but I have a proposition to make it in line with the whole "completely lose your soul to your inner hollow" idea:

Extended Mask Duration

Prerequisites: Vizard 5th, BAB +12

Benefits: You can manifest your mask for a longer duration at the risk of your sanity and physical health. After the duration of your mask feature ends, you may choose to take 1 point of charisma damage to extend the mask duration by a number of rounds equal to your charisma bonus (min. 1). After extending the duration you must make a will save DC=(14+the amount of charisma damage you have dealt yourself). Failure will result in the continued extension of your mask and another point of charisma damage in addition to losing control of your character (i.e. you are an NPC) untill a will save is succeeded on. Success will allow you to either extend the duration or simply dismiss the effect. Reguardless, after the new mask duration ends you are fatigued from physical stress. If your charisma score reaches 0 from this effect then you lose your sanity (and thus are permanently an NPC).

It's not perfect but I wanted to be able to have "inner conflicts" within the characters' corrupted soul and extending the duration of the mask seemed pretty useful for that. I know it's long and it will probably need to be simplified if it is to be used at all. or not.

9. - Top - End - #849

I'm thinking that he meant that Void's system as it stands does not have a system for that thing you spoilered, and he didn't outright state it because he couldn't get spoiler tags to work.
    This is exactly what I mean

10. - Top - End - #850

Would that feat be cool? or should the damage be changed to wisdom damage? I thought about it, but I wanted this to represent the sort of contest of personalities in bleach, but wisdom could work too as sort of a duel-of-wills kinda thing. Or perhaps we should try a different approach?

11. - Top - End - #851

I noticed that only Renji does that. Also I noticed about said attack has a name. I think "Final Shikai" and "Final Bankai" are going to be changed to "Shikai Named-Attack" and "Bankai Named-Attack". The Shikai one will be at the same level, but a person gets at least one Bankai attack when they obtain Bankai. You can choose how the attack works, like make it a Sacrifice attack or make it a normal, more powerful attack. This is just an idea and there is definitely more to be fleshed out about it, but please let me know what you think. I think this version does work better.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-03-30 at 02:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852

That's interesting, and it explains why i never noticed it. Vergil's suggestion sounds great.

Is there a more up-to-date version of the rules compilation? if you could e-mail it to me that would be great @ [email protected]. thx

13. - Top - End - #853

The ideas are still not complete unfortunately.
    Also I wanted to change the Vaizard and Arrancar from PrC to Templates only applied to Soul Reapers and Hollows, respectively.

14. - Top - End - #854

Ahh I see... that is most unfortunate.
    I liked the PrCs so I don't have a problem with them but looking at templates for those two sounds interesting.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Banned

Do you mind sending me a copy as well? I'm in a game right now that uses the orignial system by void and i'm sure we would have a great time play testing it.

My email is [email protected]
    Last edited by ultima22689; 2009-04-03 at 01:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #856

I cannot give any copies of it because, again it's not finished.
    I sorry I can't get it out sooner, but bear with me. I can only do so much with what I have in the brains department.
    One of the ideas I had was to obtain shikai, you had to train for it and you had to get your reiatsu to 15 to obtain it. Bankai you would have to do the same but get it to 95. Training to gain these increases your Reiatsu by 1 for each for each week you train with it (for shikai) or for each month you train with it (for bankai).
    Not finished more later.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I sorry I can't get it out sooner, but bear with me. I can only do so much with what I have in the brains department.
    One of the ideas I had was to obtain shikai, you had to train for it and you had to get your reiatsu to 15 to obtain it. Bankai you would have to do the same but get it to 95. Training to gain these increases your Reiatsu by 1 for each for each week you train with it (for shikai) or for each month you train with it (for bankai).
    Not finished more later.
    That sounds awesome. If you are working on your own maybe I can help. I attempted my own version of Bleach D20 but it got shot down pretty badly at Narutod20 forums. You don't have to send me a file or anything but shoot me an email of basically what direction you're trying to go with and i'll try to give you any ideas i've thought of or already wrote down, any number of heads is better than one, well except zero or 1/2 a head.

18. - Top - End - #858

Actually I think we've already seen a Final Bankay ability: Biakuya's one, in his final blow against ichigo right before his defeat, when he is sorrounded by a white aura taking the shape of wings.

19. - Top - End - #859

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Darkmind View Post
    Actually I think we've already seen a Final Bankay ability: Biakuya's one, in his final blow against ichigo right before his defeat, when he is sorrounded by a white aura taking the shape of wings.
    That's true, Byakuya has a Final Bankai, but how many people other than Byakuya and Renji have Final Versions of Bankai and Shikai, where their Zanpakuto shatters? That's why I want to change it from Final Shikai/Bankai to Name Shikai/Bankai, where you gain a named attack, which I've seen a lot of people get, and doesn't shatter if you don't want to. And if you do, you'll get proper compensation.

20. - Top - End - #860

That's why I want to change it from Final Shikai/Bankai to Name Shikai/Bankai, where you gain a named attack, which I've seen a lot of people get, and doesn't shatter if you don't want to. And if you do, you'll get proper compensation.
    Ok, I get your point. Can't wait to see it!

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anyone run a game using this system on the GitP PbP board yet?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #862

I would like know of such happenings as well.
    If anyone is planning on it plz plz get me and horngeek before doing anything else

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I'm sorry I can't get it out sooner, but bear with me. I can only do so much with what I have in the brains department.
    One of the ideas I had was to obtain shikai, you had to train for it and you had to get "Training Points" to 15 to obtain it. Bankai you would have to do the same but get "Training Points" to 135. Training to gain these increases your "Training Points" by 1 for each for each week you train for it (for shikai) or for each month you train for it (for bankai). You start with "Training Points" equal to your Reiatsu. Before you can obtain Shikai, your Asauchi has to personalize itself to you (gaining the alternate form), and Bankai you must be able to Manifest your zanpakuto spirit at will (Which starts at 15 Reiatsu).
    Not finished more later. Well actually this looks pretty good.
    Made some adjustments in red and then some.
    Edit: Made Training Points equal to Reiatsu instead of Base Reiatsu, which is noted in blue. As always tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-04-08 at 03:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #864

Sounds good, but the "Training Points" thing is kind of vague the whole "training for a week" is also ambiguous as to what it would entitle (I understand that the term "training points" is sort of tentative but I had to point it out in case). Perhaps it should use reiatsu as an alternative to exp.
    (i.e. you gain "reiatsu" by doing quests and can use it to "buy" abilities for your zanpakuto and the total amount of "reiatsu" that you've spent + reiatsu "free" count towards your reiatsu score and for levels, shikai, and bankai etc.)

Still tentative, maybe we should throw away the DnD system and try using something like wikirps.com's exp system (like gurps)
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-04-08 at 08:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. For the

Spoiler
    Show
    Arrancar second release, the best thing to to would just be to give the ability to unlock a equivalent to Bankai at arrancar level 12. Easiest and least fuss.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #866

that seems a good idea, horngeek. It could also function for... the thing that happened in the last chapters of these weeks (I can't understand how to do the spoiler thing, sigh... may someone help me, please...?)

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, has anyone done playtesting for this yet? If not, I'd be willing to volunteer for any playtesting.

EDIT: Right. Here's how you do a spoiler. You need to take out the spaces between the bracketed bits for it to really work.

[spoiler ]A demo[/spoiler ]

Like:

Spoiler
    Show
    You mean Ichigo's uber-vizard form? because in 353 Ichigo stated that that's his Hollow that fought, not him. He does now have high-speed regeneration even in normal form now, though
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-04-10 at 05:40 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #868

Sounds good, but the "Training Points" thing is kind of vague the whole "training for a week" is also ambiguous as to what it would entitle (I understand that the term "training points" is sort of tentative but I had to point it out in case).
    Oh, I guess I didn't think about that. I'll try to shed some light on what training will do.
    What training is all about is you spend all of you're time trying to increase your points to 15 to get Shikai (and because Shinigami/Soul Reapers don't eat or sleep most of the time
    I know it's not done but I'm out of time.
    Perhaps it should use reiatsu as an alternative to exp.
    (i.e. you gain "reiatsu" by doing quests and can use it to "buy" abilities for your zanpakuto and the total amount of "reiatsu" that you've spent + reiatsu "free" count towards your reiatsu score and for levels, shikai, and bankai etc.)
    Still tentative, maybe we should throw away the DnD system and try using something like wikirps.com's exp system (like gurps)
    I thought about using Reiatsu like that, but I don't have the experience with systems as such, unless you ment as a name change only, but I'm sure you weren't. I might be able to do something like this if I can get some help with my friends
    Plus levels still determine base attack bonus, skills per level and skill caps (especially with what Aizen said about Soul Reapers being only able to train so far in the 4 areas).
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-04-10 at 05:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually... Hmmm... Okay, I'll say it.

Does the D20 Bleach system, as it stands in the word doc, really need alignment at all?

In the Bleachverse, whether you are good or evil doesn't seem to affect any spells, attacks, or anything else.

Nor does it seem to affect whether thay let you into the Shinigami, as long as you aren't too much of an ass about it.

Really, the only changes I can see that would be needed are the removal of the Smite Evil and Smite Good feats.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #870

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Really, the only changes I can see that would be needed are the removal of the Smite Evil and Smite Good feats.
    Which are the most useless in my opinion