New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #961
    Banned

Default Re: Bleach D20

Quote Originally Posted by FeverFox View Post
    Yeah don't take that away from the players, sure people can't decide what they look like but hell, this is roleplaying not real life. playing your own bleach character is pretty much the draw for this system, that includes visuals. Removing that control from the player can only hurt the enjoyment of the game, so why do it? it's not like we should be hitting for realism anyway. its bleach!
    Indeed, its not RP if you don't define your character.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
    Indeed, its not RP if you don't define your character.
    too true, but is there a way to... agh, it's hard to put into words correctly!
    how would one go about applying animal templates to a character (for an adjuchas's form), or splicing said template into a pseudo-human form for an arrancar's release/ressurecion (there's an apostrophe somewhere in there >_>)?
    That's right, folks. I'm back. You can start crying now.

Fire Emblem: Blurred Souls Join Now!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Adjuchas can have a form entirely animalistic, so if you want that get the template off the base animal, increase the stats, bab, saves etc accordingly, add in cero (at the very least, maybe some other abilities) and done.

First, since a resurreccion should be the same as a shikai, base it's power off that. Most likely all resurreccion powers are limited to increases in ability scores, skills, saves, speed and/or strength, and the addition of natural weapons and perhaps a few special attacks (for example, Halibel's ability to control water or King Barragan's abilities).

4. - Top - End - #964
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athildur View Post
    Adjuchas can have a form entirely animalistic, so if you want that get the template off the base animal, increase the stats, bab, saves etc accordingly, add in cero (at the very least, maybe some other abilities) and done.

First, since a resurreccion should be the same as a shikai, base it's power off that. Most likely all resurreccion powers are limited to increases in ability scores, skills, saves, speed and/or strength, and the addition of natural weapons and perhaps a few special attacks (for example, Halibel's ability to control water or King Barragan's abilities).
    a boosted base animal template would work well for an adjuchas, but arrancar's abilities are sealed when in a normal state--leading me to believe that besides the boostie from becoming an arrancar, their template would shift back to their adjuchas/vasto lorde form's original when they activate their resurreccion (with increased stats, skills, etc. of course)...

this is based off the fact that resurreccion isnt a powerup (well it is, but you get the point >_>), its just them returning to their natural state

5. - Top - End - #965
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi_goodboy View Post
    a boosted base animal template would work well for an adjuchas, but arrancar's abilities are sealed when in a normal state--leading me to believe that besides the boostie from becoming an arrancar, their template would shift back to their adjuchas/vasto lorde form's original when they activate their resurreccion (with increased stats, skills, etc. of course)...

this is based off the fact that resurreccion isnt a powerup (well it is, but you get the point >_>), its just them returning to their natural state
    I think the rules in the book work fine along with the arrancar class, it just needs to be completed, ala BAB, saves, defense, etc, i'll post that class that was made so the talk of animal templates and such can end.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Banned

Last edited by ultima22689; 2009-06-04 at 06:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

No offense, but that is one ****ty site. Can't even download it -.-

8. - Top - End - #968
    Dwarf in the Playground

try using megaupload to set it up, then post the link for the file so we can get it.

i 'send' games to my friends this way and it works okay i guess--but this is slightly off-topic, sorry.
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-06-05 at 03:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Banned

try using megaupload to set it up, then post the link for the file so we can get it.

i 'send' games to my friends this way and it works okay i guess--but this is slightly off-topic, sorry.
    Here you go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z75KE0RG

10. - Top - End - #970
    Dwarf in the Playground

got it, thanks muchly

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

i wonder if anyone'll make character sheets for the various vaizards (shinji hirako and all of the rest)

12. - Top - End - #972
    Banned

i wonder if anyone'll make character sheets for the various vaizards (shinji hirako and all of the rest)
    Maybe so, I might make them once D&V releases his version whenever that should be.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rulebook
    Zanpakutou Types: Each zanpakutou has two types which governs its abilities. Here are the types that will be used as themes for creating ability sets for people to use when constructing their zanpakutou.
    I'm a bit confused about a couple of things involving Zanpakuto types. Are the two types directly chosen by the player, or does the GM choose them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rulebook
    To craft a Bankai base, count the number of shikai abilities you possess. Then, select one additional type (Summoning is the most common choice for this type. This applies even to those who have taken the Specialized Zanpakutou feat). Then, double the amount of shikai abilities you naturally possess
    When doubling the amount of shikai abilities, does that double the actual QUANTITY, and you get to choose more, or does it just double the potency of each ability you currently possess?

Also, what are Augments?

14. - Top - End - #974
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prplcheez View Post
    I'm a bit confused about a couple of things involving Zanpakuto types. Are the two types directly chosen by the player, or does the GM choose them?

When doubling the amount of shikai abilities, does that double the actual QUANTITY, and you get to choose more, or does it just double the potency of each ability you currently possess?

Also, what are Augments?
    Augments are for the human augment class, YOU choose what your zanapktou types are, takes a ton of the originality out of it otherwise.

When you gain bankai it doubles the AMOUNT of shikai abilities you have so if you have 14 shikai abilities you take your shikai abilities and then add 14 more abilities of your choice between shikai and bankai abilities.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Dwarf in the Playground

Augments are for the human augment class, YOU choose what your zanapktou types are, takes a ton of the originality out of it otherwise.

When you gain bankai it doubles the AMOUNT of shikai abilities you have so if you have 14 shikai abilities you take your shikai abilities and then add 14 more abilities of your choice between shikai and bankai abilities.
    im supposing the same applies for arrancar and their resureccion (sp?)

and what exactly would apply for resureccion dobla (or whatever its called; the 'second' release that ulquiorra used)?

also good to see you prpl
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-06-09 at 10:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Banned

and what exactly would apply for resureccion dobla (or whatever its called; the 'second' release that ulquiorra used)?

Yeah, as for the second release I don't see any logical reason it wouldn't but I can't confirm that as the current available version doesn't have any of that stuff in it and I don't think anyone has seen D&V version so we just have to wait till he lets us have it.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Pixie in the Playground

I was curious if anyone has dabbled with the idea of introducing talents, like D20 Mod, into the Bleach D20 system?

18. - Top - End - #978
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hi tobi

Anyway, I think something custom would apply for the "Resurrección: Segunda Etapa",

Spoiler
    Show
    Being as only one Arrancar has/had the ability to use it. Similar rules would also probably apply to Ichigo's full hollow form.

EDIT: On further research, I've found that it is commonly "presumed as the Arrancar equivalent of a Shinigami's Bankai.", so it may well be fair under general Bankai rules.
    Last edited by Prplcheez; 2009-06-10 at 12:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi tobi

Anyway, I think something custom would apply for the "Resurrección: Segunda Etapa",

Spoiler
    Show
    Being as only one Arrancar has/had the ability to use it. Similar rules would also probably apply to Ichigo's full hollow form.

EDIT: On further research, I've found that it is commonly "presumed as the Arrancar equivalent of a Shinigami's Bankai.", so it may well be fair under general Bankai rules.
    i note one problem with that: most arrancar's release is enough to stave off a shinigami's bankai at the least and surpass it at the most. Resurrección: Segunda Etapa is a very large step above that, so wouldnt it be better than bankai?
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-06-10 at 11:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Banned

i note one problem with that: most arrancar's release is enough to stave off a shinigami's bankai at the least and surpass it at the most. Resurrección: Segunda Etapa is a very large step above that, so wouldnt it be better than bankai?
    In game mechanics that actually isn't true.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

There's also the fact that by and large, Arrancar are far more powerful than Shinigami. I think it is seen as the same factor of increased power. As most Arrancar can hold of a Shinigami's shikai without breaking a sweat, the original release is like their version of shikai and generally buffs them up to a Shinigami's bankai level. The second release puts them farther above that.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Banned

There's also the fact that by and large, Arrancar are far more powerful than Shinigami. I think it is seen as the same factor of increased power. As most Arrancar can hold of a Shinigami's shikai without breaking a sweat, the original release is like their version of shikai and generally buffs them up to a Shinigami's bankai level. The second release puts them farther above that.
    once again, game mechanics wise it doesn't work out that way.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Think of it, then, as the following:

Arrancar gain Resurreccion and the Segunda Etapa at the same levels as Shinigami gain Shikai and bankai.

However, Arrancar take a lot of monster levels before that, meaning that when they attain their Resurreccion, they're more than likely at a level/ECL where the shinigami has gained their bankai.

So, when the arrancar gets the segunda etapa, he is far beyond that level.

I personally cannot see Hollow levels as class levels. Hollow are a race. They do not train and do not gain abilities based on learning and training. Their abilities are determined by their bodies alone. At least until they are Adjuchas.

Where shinigami work from a powerless platform (a normal plus spirit, perhaps the soul of a still living person), Arrancar are based on a platform that in itself is already powerful. This is why they are considerably stronger.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arrancar gain Resurreccion and the Segunda Etapa at the same levels as Shinigami gain Shikai and bankai.

However, Arrancar take a lot of monster levels before that, meaning that when they attain their Resurreccion, they're more than likely at a level/ECL where the shinigami has gained their bankai.

I personally cannot see Hollow levels as class levels. Hollow are a race. They do not train and do not gain abilities based on learning and training. Their abilities are determined by their bodies alone. At least until they are Adjuchas.

Where shinigami work from a powerless platform (a normal plus spirit, perhaps the soul of a still living person), Arrancar are based on a platform that in itself is already powerful. This is why they are considerably stronger.
    makes sense.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Banned

Actually not just anyone can become a shinigami. It was stated a few times you have to have a bit of spiritual power regardless before.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Barbarian in the Playground

True, but the power required is still nothing compared to the power levels a hollow has to reach to become an arrancar.

Haven't seen this for awhile, thought I'd check back on it.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    True, but the power required is still nothing compared to the power levels a hollow has to reach to become an arrancar.

Haven't seen this for awhile, thought I'd check back on it.

Thats where the rest of the training and shikai and bankai come in. You got to have some talent for your zanpaktou to even have a spirit let alone learn its name, and that doesn't even tough Bankai. I think the manga and anime have just displayed arrancar in a powerful light because they were new opponents. The shinigami have actually been making short work of them since they appeared save for the espada.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Thats where the rest of the training and shikai and bankai come in. You got to have some talent for your zanpaktou to even have a spirit let alone learn its name, and that doesn't even tough Bankai. I think the manga and anime have just displayed arrancar in a powerful light because they were new opponents. The shinigami have actually been making short work of them since they appeared save for the espada.
    Considering that the espada were almost all made with Hougyoku, meaning that they are extremely young, they *are* extremely powerful. I think that even if you count their years as Hollow they would still not reach the same time span as most shinigami. Shinigami captains and vice-captains (and I do count rukia to be at least a 3rd seat, maybe more in power) have been making short work of them with many, *many* more years of training. Plus, you're forgetting that even though Arrancar have Cero and Bala, Shinigami have a lot of kidou to work with, which they frequently do.

Compared to Arrancar, Shinigami are weak. They are just fortunate that they have years of experience to build on, and that they have a lot more experienced troops at their disposal. That being said, most captains are not really at the limit of shinigami power. At least, when you compare them to Aizen. He is clearly of a different level. (I mean, Hitsugaya is a captain, but out of all captains he is most definately the weakest and needs to release his bankai a lot of the time to live up to his status, whereas other captains generally fight with bankai if and only if they cannot win with shikai or maybe without (which is quite often, if we're not counting the fights against the Arrancar and perhaps their most powerful Fraccion).

29. - Top - End - #989
    Pixie in the Playground

I seem to have noticed that in the compilation document, it gives no mention to the Augmenter or Materializers' feats. Do they have any class specific feats or have you not created them yet.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sojirouryuzaki View Post
    I seem to have noticed that in the compilation document, it gives no mention to the Augmenter or Materializers' feats. Do they have any class specific feats or have you not created them yet.
    Well the original file was never finished so I would imagine the void just didn't make them. The human classes need mad love anyway, especially Quincy.

As for hollow being treated as just another monster/race won't that bar players from playing them? I think player should have just as much an option to play a hollow as a shinigami or human.