New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Persona In the Playground: Dealings with the Russian Devil Bear

Twas the night after mission and all through the dorm dear Levi was pacing all in perfect form. The snack bowls were lain on the table with care, in hopes that his targets would soon be there.

The vodka was chilling in its tub of ice, while pieces of his twisted plan began to splice. And Mozart on the speakers and camera's on, prepared to capture the key words from the pawns.

When out in the hall there arose such a clatter, with our host leaping to see what was the matter. Opening the portal with charm, style, and flair; beckoning the victim to enter his lair...

"HOHOHO MERRY CHRISTMAS COMRADE, or Hanukkah if you're a jew, welcome to game! Price to play is a favor and prize is same!
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2014-12-03 at 02:05 AM.
    Blarg...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Persona In the Playground: Dealings with the Russian Devil Bear

I wouldn't call Yumiko's knock a clatter...Perhaps more of a tapping, rap-tap-tapping at Levi's door. When the Russian bear-man opens the door, she forces a smile on her face despite her subconscious screaming at her to run away and go hide under her covers, and says in a very small voice, "H-hi...I'm Yumiko...I just moved in. U-um...I got a letter? About...A poker game?"

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    I wouldn't call Yumiko's knock a clatter...Perhaps more of a tapping, rap-tap-tapping at Levi's door. When the Russian bear-man opens the door, she forces a smile on her face despite her subconscious screaming at her to run away and go hide under her covers, and says in a very small voice, "H-hi...I'm Yumiko...I just moved in. U-um...I got a letter? About...A poker game?"
    Levi puts on his best shark grin "Ah, what a pleasure it is to meet you Yumiko, I look forward to getting to know you... better. Tsk, where are my manners..." Despite his bulk he manages to execute a very graceful and oddly formal bow "Levi Averin at your service my dear lady, please come in make yourself at home. Can I get you a refreshment? Oh don't mind blizzard going outside of window, our conversation should drown it out soon; however, it at least looks like it will be a white Christmas... HOHOHO!"

The Russian behemoth steps aside and motions for the mortified lady to take a seat at the table, once satisfied he goes over to his bar and makes her a drink (with a tiny amount of alcohol, just enough to start the eventual snowball effect). "Help yourself to the snacks, I made baked goods myself! So while we have time, tell me about yourself a little before others arrive." With the drink mixed, Levi strides over and places it on a coaster (he will give a death glare to ANYONE who neglects to use the VERY OBVIOUS coaster set in front of them) in front of Yumiko.
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

A shadow - no capital S...? - drifts sideways, in front of the door. It is naught but darkness, a slim form with two saucer-shaped lights for eyes.
    Menacingly, it stands, motionless and silent. Despite the lack of pupils, one can feel the surveying gaze.
    Finally, it steps in, and the trick of the light breaks; no Shadow, only a black girl with big, round glasses, angry eyebrows, and an invitation in her hand.
    "Is that - is that a new student?", she asks, outraged. "Levi! Your evil truly knows no bounds! I would have thought you were above easy targets that pose no challenge! I bet you don't even know her name!"
    She pauses, and finally seems to realize that said new student is a human being, with emotions, and not just an object involved in some transaction.
    "Lenora Hepaunton. Yes, that Hepaunton." Even she is starting to wonder why she adds that aside: most people don't actually care enough about finances to remember that name. "Err, you said your name was Yumiko, right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mono Vertigo View Post
    A shadow - no capital S...? - drifts sideways, in front of the door. It is naught but darkness, a slim form with two saucer-shaped lights for eyes.
    Menacingly, it stands, motionless and silent. Despite the lack of pupils, one can feel the surveying gaze.
    Finally, it steps in, and the trick of the light breaks; no Shadow, only a black girl with big, round glasses, angry eyebrows, and an invitation in her hand.
    "Is that - is that a new student?", she asks, outraged. "Levi! Your evil truly knows no bounds! I would have thought you were above easy targets that pose no challenge! I bet you don't even know her name!"
    Levi looks away from his first guest and truly gives the first genuine smile since he's moved in "Oh dearest friend Lenora, it makes my heart swell to see you here. There is no need to be jealous sweet heart, I assure you Yumiko is not taking your place as my number one!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lenora
    She pauses, and finally seems to realize that said new student is a human being, with emotions, and not just an object involved in some transaction.
    "Lenora Hepaunton. Yes, that Hepaunton." Even she is starting to wonder why she adds that aside: most people don't actually care enough about finances to remember that name. "Err, you said your name was Yumiko, right?"
    "I apologize for my girlfriends, rather rude outburst, she can be very clingy at times but I assure you she has a bank... I mean account... heart of gold." Levi strides over and sudden'y places a very swift kiss on the enraged newcomers brow "I was worried you wouldn't make it, so you got Christmas card specifically made for you yes? Please sit down, I shall fix you a warm cocoa to chase away winter chill!" As quickly as he appeared he deftly fled the ensuing wrath of Lenora.
    Blarg...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Yumiko just shakes her head at the insanity as she bows back to Levi, then sits down and sips her drink, saying, "Thank you for the drink, Levi. A-and nice to meet you, Lenora. I am Yumiko, yes. Why is Levi evil?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Is this guy an avatar of chaos? Where's the logic and reason?
    All she manages to do is fume and stomp. "What the - how dare you -- ?!"
    The paper crumples in her hand as she points an accusing (and well-painted) fingernail at Levi. "Isn't it obvious!? I'm not his girlfriend! And everything he does is part of one evil plot or another, no matter how innocent it looks. Not that he deigns to feint innocence often."
    She wipes her brow, and turns to Levi, half amused, but still half angry: "Poker, though? Is that the best you could come up with? Nothing looks less innocent than poker. Even I would appear suspicious suggesting a game of poker!"
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

8. - Top - End - #8

Yumiko just shakes her head at the insanity as she bows back to Levi, then sits down and sips her drink, saying, "Thank you for the drink, Levi. A-and nice to meet you, Lenora. I am Yumiko, yes. Why is Levi evil?"
    "It is no problem at all, I thrive when I play the host. Don't mind her, my ray of sunshine has so many pet names for me, skill calls me her teddy bear!"

Is this guy an avatar of chaos? Where's the logic and reason?
    All she manages to do is fume and stomp. "What the - how dare you -- ?!"
    The paper crumples in her hand as she points an accusing (and well-painted) fingernail at Levi. "Isn't it obvious!? I'm not his girlfriend! And everything he does is part of one evil plot or another, no matter how innocent it looks. Not that he deigns to feint innocence often."
    She wipes her brow, and turns to Levi, half amused, but still half angry: "Poker, though? Is that the best you could come up with? Nothing looks less innocent than poker. Even I would appear suspicious suggesting a game of poker!"
    "Pumpkin, I know you dislike calling our relationship formal but it is alright, your father will eventually understand once he sees what we have is truly special!" Levi puts on a pained expression as he places a hand over his heart before looking towards Yumiko "Forgive us, you do not deserve to be caught up in our drama, she gets rather embarrassed when we talk openly about it. Her father is very anti-Russian so it really tears her apart."

Refocusing on Lenora "I am sorry my cuddlebug but I wanted to be inclusive of everyone and poker is a very simple game with minimal setup, if you really want I can send them all back so we can be alone."
    Blarg...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Yumiko blinks and then says, "Oh." She then looks at her drink suspiciously and very slowly puts it on the coaster before saying, "I see...Well...Poker isn't too bad. It's just about probability, right?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr Levi's organising some games night thing? Is this meant to be like a team-building excersise?

When the evening came Kyoko found herself outside the russian's door. She couldn't just skip this, could she? Levi was kinda scary. After a moment of hesitation, she knocked on the door. No turning back now.

She was taken by surprise by the santa costume when he opened the door, was this some kind of foriegn tradition?

"Mr Levi, you sent me an invitation? Something about a 'poker night'? Um, is it alright if I don't know how to play? That's with a western deck, right? Uh, I know how to play baba-nuki," she offered.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The arrival of another victim takes her aback.
    It's entirely the wrong way to fight Levi. Instead, he's proposed a battlefield and personally challenged her honor (and her good sense). The only thing there that can make him swallow his words and put an end to this masquerade is...
    "... win your damn game! That's what we'll do. Come on, comrades, I can teach you how to play before you face him!"
    Hell, if they're lucky, her new protegees might win by proxy; all she has to do is arrange things in such a way as to claim later partial responsibility for their victory.
    "It's about probability, and bluffing. If you aren't a good actor, now is the best time to learn!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

It's entirely the wrong way to fight Levi. Instead, he's proposed a battlefield and personally challenged her honor (and her good sense). The only thing there that can make him swallow his words and put an end to this masquerade is...
    "... win your damn game! That's what we'll do. Come on, comrades, I can teach you how to play before you face him!"
    Hell, if they're lucky, her new protegees might win by proxy; all she has to do is arrange things in such a way as to claim later partial responsibility for their victory.
    "It's about probability, and bluffing. If you aren't a good actor, now is the best time to learn!"
    "Did someone say, 'actor'? Cause I believe the person who said so is a good teacher!"

Soga had stepped right behind the still-opened door Kyoko had left behind, but he lost track of what he was saying at the sight of the costume, and the decorations?

...was it snowing outside? In May?

Damn, Nagasaki's climate was odd.

Shaking (as much as possible of) the confusion away, he stepped forward, ready to partake in Lenora's lessons.

Spoiler: Ideas...
    Show
    Now I need to find a way to factor Bluffing and team efforts and all that into the game too...
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

"Levi dear, you would do anything to make me jealous, wouldn't you?" Alexandra emerges from the boy's room with a smile on her face.
    "Not that I can fault you on your choice, Lenora is the most fashionable of all the initiated."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Yumiko blinks and asks, "Initiated? Into what? Is this a crazy cult thing?" This is definitely the most forceful she's been since she got here, and definitely freaked out.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

The sound of a window opening and shutting comes from down the hall, followed several seconds later by Asami's appearance in the doorway. "Sorry! I had something that I... err... needed to do. In town. I hope I'm not late?" She holds up an invitation as she looks around the room. "Oh! Is that what snow looks like? It wasn't even raining outside, but... nice of you to bring a little bit of Russia to us."

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    Mr Levi's organising some games night thing? Is this meant to be like a team-building excersise?

When the evening came Kyoko found herself outside the russian's door. She couldn't just skip this, could she? Levi was kinda scary. After a moment of hesitation, she knocked on the door. No turning back now.

She was taken by surprise by the santa costume when he opened the door, was this some kind of foriegn tradition?

"Mr Levi, you sent me an invitation? Something about a 'poker night'? Um, is it alright if I don't know how to play? That's with a western deck, right? Uh, I know how to play baba-nuki," she offered.
    Levi laughs his most fake jolly laugh "Hohoho! No worries comrade, poker is an easy game to learn and yes it is played with a western deck but I am sure everyone here is more than capable of picking up the game. Since it is Christmas I will even have a practice round to aid everyone in learning!"

"Oh yes my dear SARG, please teach all of them, you are easiest person here to read and will make game much more enjoyable! Though by the rules ONLY THE VICTOR receives a favour none of that proxy bull****, there is no loophole for you to get something out of this. Only stipulation on granted favor is this: it has to be 100% personal, not to benefit any of other players here. Aside from that sky is limit! Hey I will even go to prison for you if you murder someone."

Quote Originally Posted by Philemonite View Post
    "Levi dear, you would do anything to make me jealous, wouldn't you?" Alexandra emerges from the boy's room with a smile on her face.
    "Not that I can fault you on your choice, Lenora is the most fashionable of all the initiated."
    Levi smirks and boldly strides over to Alexandra "You know my heart is yours." With a wink he gently grabs her hand and lightly kisses it "I simply cannot help myself, shooting fish in barrel is just too tempting! By the way I have present for you but I can give that to you later." He moves in close for a hug and whispers "Is everything ready in surveillance room?"

Yumiko blinks and asks, "Initiated? Into what? Is this a crazy cult thing?" This is definitely the most forceful she's been since she got here, and definitely freaked out.
    "Relax Yumiko-kohai, she only refers to our little club who traipse off into darkest corners of whatever nether realm velvet world really is. No need to fret, tonight is a fun, relaxing evening among compatriots, think of it like team building exercise even though everyone is playing for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioku View Post
    The sound of a window opening and shutting comes from down the hall, followed several seconds later by Asami's appearance in the doorway. "Sorry! I had something that I... err... needed to do. In town. I hope I'm not late?" She holds up an invitation as she looks around the room. "Oh! Is that what snow looks like? It wasn't even raining outside, but... nice of you to bring a little bit of Russia to us."
    "Ah, welcome Asami, yes I channeled my inner Russian and summoned forth a portal to depths of Siberia! Maybe later we have snowball fight?"
    Blarg...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, okay, if it's easy..." Kyoko responded, not feeling very confident. Her confidence slipped further when Lenora took her aside to teach her how to play. Kyoko thought Lenora looked like this was really serious, and she was only a little less intimidating than Levi was. When Kyoko saw Asami enter the room she shot her a panicked look.

Help!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Roused from her gaming by a tap on the door, Miyuki reached a save point on the next dungeon floor. Brushing aside her tangled-up hair, she hopped from the bed to see who was there. Not a soul was in sight when she looked down the hall, but the floor bore a trail both slender and small. Lined in a row were candies and sweets, every last one of them her favorite treats. It was obviously a trick one would use before trappin', but... eh, what's the worst that could happen?

"It's b-been a while since I saw some of these, anyways... I didn't even think you c-could buy them around here!"

She gathered them up piece by piece until she was at the end of the trail, then looked up and stopped in her tracks at the sight of a familiar Russian.

"Oh! L-Levi..."
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

19. - Top - End - #19

Levi beamed at the arrival of their resident hermit "Ah, comrade Miyuki, it is a delight that you could make it. I thought we could provide you a brief distraction from your MMO...Which is good because my next plan was to hack and DDOS the game server. So welcome to poker game please have a seat and I shall fix you a drink. We are almost ready to begin...."
    Blarg...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    "Oh yes my dear SARG, please teach all of them, you are easiest person here to read and will make game much more enjoyable! Though by the rules ONLY THE VICTOR receives a favour none of that proxy bull****, there is no loophole for you to get something out of this. Only stipulation on granted favor is this: it has to be 100% personal, not to benefit any of other players here. Aside from that sky is limit! Hey I will even go to prison for you if you murder someone."
    Lenora crosses her arms, and smirks. "I don't need favours by proxy. The victory of any of my protegees against you would be enough of a reward for me!"
    She turns her head slowly, toward the rookies, a malicious gleam in her eyes. The explanation starts. "Alright, where to begin? First, the point of the game is to have the most valuable card combination. You start with two cards in your hand, and..."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Yumiko, perhaps sensing a kindred soul, smiles nervously at Miyuki and says, "Um...Hi. I'm Yumiko. What...Um...What game do you play?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Soga payed close attention to Lenora's lesson, and for whatever reason he felt less like he was being taught a game, and more like he was being presented with a battle plan.

Regardless, he was enjoying himself! Lenora's clash with Levi would shape up to be quite the entertainment!

...although the price of that entertainment worried him...
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Miyuki glances meekly back at Levi. "T-there's, uh... not any vodka in those drinks, right?"

Surprised by the greeting from someone she doesn't know that well, Miyuki waves her hands in a fluster before managing a polite bow to Yumiko.

"H-hi there. I'm Miyuki. Miyuki Maeda," she introduces herself. "I was just playing some Star Fantasy Online in my room... I don't r-really have the time to play it as much lately as I used to. Plus, I've been playing more of this handheld game me and Soga got a little while back - World Tree Odyssey 2. It's, y'know, this dungeon-crawling kind of game... have you ever heard of it?"

She blushes as she pauses for a response, wondering if she went overboard with her answer or not.
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2014-12-07 at 07:16 PM.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

24. - Top - End - #24

Asami keeps close to whichever friends she feels need comfort as she watches and listens to the demonstration with interest. She doesn't say anything, but does look up briefly to give smiles of pats of reassurance whenever someone seems overly nervous.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Miyuki glances meekly back at Levi. "T-there's, uh... not any vodka in those drinks, right?"

Surprised by the greeting from someone she doesn't know that well, Miyuki waves her hands in a fluster before managing a polite bow to Yumiko.

"H-hi there. I'm Miyuki. Miyuki Maeda," she introduces herself. "I was just playing some Star Fantasy Online in my room... I don't r-really have the time to play it as much lately as I used to. Plus, I've been playing more of this handheld game me and Soga got a little while back - World Tree Odyssey 2. It's, y'know, this dungeon-crawling kind of game... have you ever heard of it?"

She blushes as she pauses for a response, wondering if she went overboard with her answer or not.
    Levi chuckles "Of course there's vodka in all of drinks, only a small amount because Japanese cannot hold their liquor very well. Don't worry after a couple you won't even taste it anymore, I promise!"

Levi sighs and shakes his head "Sarg, Sarg, Sarg, you assume we're playing Texas hold'em, poker comes in many forms but I suppose it is probably for the best since it is most basic of poker. One day we will have seven card stud tournament... Also once you have gone bust you are free to leave or stay, I will order pizza a little later and if people wish to stay after game... maybe some karaoke, Japanese people love that pastime don't they?"
    Blarg...

26. - Top - End - #26

Did I just see Miyuki go into Levi's room... Isn't he holding that.... Tsubaki makes a growling noise from next to the girl's room, realizing what this meant. I hadn't planned on going, but it can't be helped now I suppose. She quickly retrieves a bottle from her room, walks down the hall to the room Miyuki went in and knocks on the door quite loudly. Come bearing gifts and you'll be accepted more kindly. That's how Troy fell. The little warrior smiled as she waited for Levi to answer.
    Lovely Mokou avatar by Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Yumiko nods happily to Maiyuki and says, "Cool...I never really got into MMOs...Just can't level grind. Have you played Mob of Myths?"

28. - Top - End - #28

With another knock at his door, the large Russian sauntered casually to the door and opened it "Why Tsubaki, what a pleasant surprise! I didn't peg you for gambling type but please come in and take a seat. What's that a gift? Why you shouldn't have, and I only accept it if you promise to partake in it along with me!"
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #29

Tsubaki gives Levi a big smile. "Life itself is a gamble, isn't it? I can't read the bottle, but it looks like your mother-language on the bottle. I uh... 'confiscated' it from someone who picked a fight a couple nights ago." She gently hands the unopened bottle of clear liquid over to the host as she walks in. I'm going to end up carried back to my room, I know it. I'm going to be the most irate tiger in all of Japan tomorrow...
    Lovely Mokou avatar by Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    Levi smirks and boldly strides over to Alexandra "You know my heart is yours." With a wink he gently grabs her hand and lightly kisses it "I simply cannot help myself, shooting fish in barrel is just too tempting! By the way I have present for you but I can give that to you later." He moves in close for a hug and whispers "Is everything ready in surveillance room?"
    "Don't worry, I don't mind sharing my toys. As long as it's for fun." She answers with a chuckle.
    "I always deliver. By the way, Jess is starting to poke her nose where it doesn't belong, I might have to give her our records. Well, the slimmed down version, naturally."
    As the room starts to get crowded, she picks a suitable corner and starts scanning the room for any usable information.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress