New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: The World-Forge: Blood, Flame, Light, and Knowledge.

First Meetings
    As Nemia approached the first shore, she smelled another, borne of both creation and devastation, stand before her. At his bellow, she sped forward, hitting landfall below the waves before rising, her manifold heads swaying taller than hilltops and body stretching longer than a village would stand. With respect, she bowed heads for a moment, Vuor, Skeksi, and Kirr faces leaning close to the god who birthed these children, speaking in words clear and united as her other heads gazed about.
    "Oh, worry not, brother, I do not seek to hinder what plans you have. Intentionally, at least. I am Nemia, and I seek to promote an agenda of growth for all there is and shall be. But before that, I seek home for myself and what brood shall come, where I can have my Children much like your own without interruption, and the inner fire of all that resides here burns like a beacon."
    She rises from the waves, standing tall upon her four legs in the still primordial light.
    "My firstborn shall be soon, I can feel it. May I come ashore to bask in the heat of this land?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Sehomi

The appearance of the Twisted created a dark spot on the psychic collective of the naga. Sehomi could feel that some her children were similar to the naga in form, but wholly unlike them in mind. Without a connection to the collective, these Twisted could never truly be naga. They would be deprived of what it meant to be naga, for they could not share in the deepest and most meaningful of connections. Most of these pitiful creatures died off quickly, for their needs and wants could not be signaled to the greater whole. A few, lucky and stronger than the rest of their kind, made it to adulthood, but could not exist with their brethren. These quickly fled to the unsettled parts of Jisai, or even across the seas, hoping to find some sort of peace among creatures that were rumored to be as deprived of the collective as they were.

Sehomi took notice of this attack on her people, and was displeased. When the oceans suddenly receded, she came to the conclusion that her people were at risk. The one across the strait was apparently a being of war, and the one to the south even more violent. With a thought, she changes much of her land. Veins of a new metal appear, shimmering from brightest blue to deepest purple to the naga. This new substance, known as witchmetal, became one of the favored materials of the naga. It responded well to their magic, and resonated in their psychic collective. With this material, they would be strong.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    1 AP
    +1 AP Daily
    -1 Create Resource: Witchmetal
    This metal is highly responsive to magic and psychic powers, and is easily enchanted and sculpted by those with such gifts. It cna be used to channel and enhance such powers, and becomes more powerful when doing so. Witchmetal is found only on Jisai, and is effectively impossible to find or use without help from the naga. To all other races, witchmetal seems no different than ordinary iron.

1 AP remaining

As a note, the previously created Grand Temple should be regarded as having done with "Create Sanctum" rather than "Alter Land"
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quelep found her way towards Ummor, the god laying there next to the water, attempting to drink from the ocean. It really was sad. She looked around to see if there was a river nearby, but there was not. She found this to be sad, and, noticing clouds above her, she had an idea. She made the clouds rain, and then she made a hand, upright and closed. With her other hand, shemade another outstretched hand and pushed it through the gaps between her fingers repeatedly, opening up the first hand. The water, the rivers began to cut through the land, albeit slowly... but this would help divert the flow so everyone could enjoy the rain. And she saw this was good.

A delta formed next to the two gods, and she walked over, cupping her hands to get some of the fresh water, before walking over to Ummor, and tapping him with her foot, offering the fresh water.

Show

Initial AP: 4
    Day Refresh: +1

AP: 5

Create Concept: Erosion (-1)

Current AP: 4
    Last edited by KujiUn; 2014-11-20 at 07:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ummor-Turlat & Quelep, on an island

Ummor is still busy trying to get rid of the taste in his mouth when he feels something tapping him. Turning around to Quelep, his tongue is still sticking out, coated with a layer of fine sand he squints at her, trying his hardest to focus. He then notices that she is cupping something in her hands. At first Ummor recoils at the sight of the water, not wanting to do anything more with that vile stuff. However, the god's keen nose smells something different from what he had just drank.

"Not salty.... not bloody either..." he mumbles as he dips his tongue and begins to lap the water from Quelep's hands. Ummor player with the fresh water in his mouth before swallowing it "It is... bland..." he tells Quelep as he winces once more, and grabbing his head, as his migraine was getting worse. All of a sudden Quelep hears a weird noise, as the face that was speaking to her all of a sudden falls asleep. Then she hears a weird noise coming from the god

*Krik*

As the three heads begin to spin for a few moments the weird noise continues until the spinning stops and a female face opens her eyes full of fury as the god begins to yell with great anger to the heavens "TOO BLAND! AND IT DOES NOTHING TO HELP WITH THIS ACCURSED PAIN!" as Ummor-Rir stomps angrily towards the tree under which she was born and beings to bash her head against it "WHY WON'T IT GO AWAY? WHY WON'T IT GO AWAY?" In Ummor-Rir's mind? If she had a headache, then it was her head's fault... and it would pay a hefty price.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quelep looks at Ummor, with an annoyed face. "Well of course it was bland." she muttered, before taking a good look at the god before her. She then noticed that he'd probably only be satisfied with good, hearty drinks, something she could not make nor want to make... for now. Realizing her time would be wasted, she thought for a bit... then, remembering what the gods have been doing, dived into the ocean.

She noticed that the water and blood halves of the oceans were starting to mix. Soon, the ocean would be one almost homogeneous mass. She used some of the blood that was mixing with the water and caught one of the fish with her hands. She then, with her hands, shaped the fish... she made legs, and hands grow from the fish, before contemplating the specifics. She heard the grumblings of the gods around her, and wanted her people to be protected, so she first made the male of the new species, one she'd call the Saspear. They would range from lean and quick to built and powerful, and they would excel in defending themselves and their peers. She grabbed another fish, and worked on the details of the female race. Smart and cunning, they would be the traders of this race, able to breathe air and water alike. She'd call the females the Sacoin. She made the models of both genders, and then lifted it up to the sky. The models broke apart, their pieces scattered through the ocean and transformed into the new race. And Quelep was happy.

The two genders were afraid of their differences first, but they soon came to know each other, love each other. And they began to eat the plants and fish that their goddess had created for them. And they multiplied. Some of the Sacs race, as they would be known by outsides, were born with deficiencies, though. Some of the males would be too weak to even hold their food, let alone a spear. Some females were born hideous, unable to even communicate with those other than themselves without scaring them off, and some, very few, but enough to make Quelep sad, were born without any gills or lungs at all, quickly dying to the harsh sea. And Quelep was sad, but there was nothing she could do. The Twisted Saspears would be fed, and would contribute to their societies in other ways, ones she haven't thought of yet, while the Twisted Sacoins would learn to join their male counterparts and defend their family. That would work for now.

Show

AP: 4

Create Race: Sacs (-2)

Current AP: 2

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    First Meetings
    As Nemia approached the first shore, she smelled another, borne of both creation and devastation, stand before her. At his bellow, she sped forward, hitting landfall below the waves before rising, her manifold heads swaying taller than hilltops and body stretching longer than a village would stand. With respect, she bowed heads for a moment, Vuor, Skeksi, and Kirr faces leaning close to the god who birthed these children, speaking in words clear and united as her other heads gazed about.
    "Oh, worry not, brother, I do not seek to hinder what plans you have. Intentionally, at least. I am Nemia, and I seek to promote an agenda of growth for all there is and shall be. But before that, I seek home for myself and what brood shall come, where I can have my Children much like your own without interruption, and the inner fire of all that resides here burns like a beacon."
    She rises from the waves, standing tall upon her four legs in the still primordial light.
    "My firstborn shall be soon, I can feel it. May I come ashore to bask in the heat of this land?"
    Skarne huffed.
    You wear the faces of my creations. Yet have none of your own. He maintained his grip on his blood red axe, his burning eyes gazing at her unblinkingly. His statement was merely one of fact. Skarne did not have much of a head for philisophising about what such an appearance might mean. He simply knew it was very odd.

This is Vexit. A land that I tore from the depths by my own hands. By the strength of my arms and the bloodied sweat of my brow has this land been forged. Understand this well, younger sister. If you interfere or do harm to this, the work of my hands, I will not hesitate to tear you asunder with these same hands.

The Omniblade returned to being a ball of blood and resumed hovering around Skarne, ready to be used at a moment's notice.

For now, you may rest here. This land was built for the strong to become yet stronger. If that is what you require, there is no better land.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"That and it's fiery passion are what my first child shall need. Strength enough to warm this and all lands as the first light fades. All I need is for the father to come along-ah, and speak of it..."

Even as Nemia draws herself up upon the land to make a decent indent in the beach, a Skeksi male spies a strange specimen. Namely, that it appeared to be a golden hue, soaring the skies, seeking a mate. With a call, the golden Skeksi flies near the male, and together they circle once, twice, thrice, and dive-

As the two birds dance in the skies, Nemia prepares the nest, making enough space a cottage could sit in it. As she finishes, she crouches low over it, depositing a ruby red egg as large as a boulder even as two new heads grow, faces one of each of the Sacoins. Two flecks of molten gold fly from her tail with a flick, growing to resemble the fish people and go among them.

"I thank you, brother. I shall be blunt, my gifts shall bring prosperity for a time, though some of my future children may bring strife in time. However, with both, it shall be up to those fit of mind or body to persevere and grow. So, for a gift, I shall help them ensure luck plays less role in allowing them to prove themselves."

Each of a dozen faces lowers itself down, leaving smaller eggs even as the body curls around the clutch, giving them heat. Soon, the small ones hatch, bringing strange, golden scaled...arms? Just clusters of arms, gangly and about a core with a simple mouth, strange ribbonlike wings and fins extending from the few spots they aren't, those not in use wrapping around the thin limbs. They lift, and Nemia waves them off with a claw.

"My Handmaidens, go and spread. Help the races in delivering their children, and spread my word to the children of my brothers and sisters. Let them know I shall assist."

The Handmaidens of the Hydra bob in the air, before floating off in numerous directions.

Spoiler: AP actions
    Show

1 AP - Create Lesser Race: Handmaidens of the Hydra. Extensions of Nemia's will as a form of strange hivemind, they have little to no mind of their own and go around helping all life through the trials of birth, and ensure the health of child and mother as best they can with the addition of the Twisted. More mothers and children survive in their care. They also exist to take the offerings of those who seek the the blessing of Nemia. They reproduce by tearing away arms, which grow into new Handmaidens.

7AP-1=6AP

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ummor-Rir, alone on the island again

Ummor is so busy bashing her head against the tree that she fails to realize that Quelep had left. The god's desperate attempt to relieve herself from her headache continues until the constant bashing causes the tree to fall. Breathing heavily as her pain from the open wound on her head is making her forget about the headache, Ummor sits down on the sand as she begins to finally calm down.

*Krik*

The faces shifting as Ummor-Rir falls asleep and Ummor-Turlat awakens once more. He looks around for the weird person who had given him the blandest of drinks in an attempt to quench his thirst, yet she seemed nowhere to be found. Of course its at that moment that Ummor remembers of his thirst. Water, no matter what form would simply not do. Looking at the tree that he had felled just moments ago, Ummor notices something strange. On the ground something had fallen from the tree, and spilling a liquid which looked and smelled different from water.

Ummor dips his finger into the fruit and placing it within his mouth proceeds to taste it. Immediately a smile grows upon the god's face. "This is much better. Although... it still lacks something. And the quantity will just not suffice." After all, he had just drank a good portion of the world's oceans and still he was thirsty. Ummor doubted that there could be enough trees and their fruits in the world to satisfy him.

Looking at the felled tree, Ummor all of a sudden gets inspired. "You shall be the most blessed of trees, for not only was I born under you, but you shall also store the greatest of bounties." picking up the tree and forming it into several stave, Ummor uses them to form a cylindrical container, held by wooden hoops. Looking at the bunghole Ummor takes the fruit and begins to squeeze it "Perhaps I shall hasten the process... this one time ..." he mumbles to himself as he places a cork in the bunghole and begins to shake it.

Five minutes later, Ummor takes off the cork and begins to drink the content.

And drink.

And drink.

And drink some more.

And drink even more.

And drink even some more.

And drink even some more after that.

And drink even some more after that too.

And yet he continued drinking.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 5= 6-1: Create Artifact: The Big Infinite Barrel of Unending Booze (or BIBOUB for short) A wooden barrel almost the size of Ummor himself, the BIBOUB will always have an infinite and unending supply of what ever booze Ummor fancies to drink at that moment. Whenever he opens the barrel, the scent of the booze is overwhelming while the booze itself will always be of the finest quality, and so strong that even gods will end up getting drunk after a single drink. Naturally Ummor has no problem using BIBOUB as a weapon as well.

AP4= 5-1: Create Resource: Booze

Finally Ummor stops drinking in order to catch his breath "Ahhhhhh! That hit the spot!" he stops to think for a moment "AND MY HEADACHE IS GONE! ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" his bellowing laughter can be heard from far, as Ummor discovered a cure for the hangover, what future generations of mortals would refer to as "Hair of the Dog".

Of course, having drank so much, meant that Ummor was also quite drunk, as he straps BIBOUB onto his back, every so often stopping in order to take a long drink.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The Void
    Since the birth of the gods, the void around the realms had glowed a dull gray, the smoke of the previous Apocalypse filling it, obscuring much to the eyes of mortals and gods alike. However, as new gods are born, changing and forging the world and it's surroundings to fit their will, the light began to dim. Mortals fretted and feared, as the light kept their people alive, kept the plants alive, the beasts in motion, let them see the world around them. As the first dusk fell, after so long in the primordial light, strange beasts descended from the skies, all arms of strange and disturbing design, wings of all flying beasts alive and yet to be holding them aloft. To each of the slowly forming tribes and communities did one such entity fall, ignoring threat of blade or violence, and to each did the same message get delivered.

"Be not afraid, Children of Gods. The Mother watches over all. Upon the fading of the light, a new one shall take its place, her first Son to warm you. For 490 times the moon crosses the sky, he shall soar in pursuit, and catch it upon the final day, and perish. For ten times the moon moves across the sky, there shall be darkness for the entire span. But on the last day of that cycle, her first Son shall be reborn to warm the world again, and the cycle shall continue."

As the final gutterings of that first dawn give away, and all is slowly plunged into darkness, the strange things speak once again.

"Be not afraid, dear Children of Gods. Nemia loves. Nemia watches."

For a moment there is silence, which gives to panic as mortals feel the fear of the dark for the first time. Then, to the south, a great light rises, casting the sky in a brilliant red...

------
    For ten days and "nights", Nemia did warm her egg. For ten days it grew, growing from the size of a boulder to that of a small mountain, his mother curled around it, breathing flame from her many heads to keep the egg warm. As the lights faded, as night truly fell for the first time, it began to rock, and a great beak longer than the tallest tree shattered the great ruby shell, and a grand light poured out, illuminating the land to the north. He pecked again, and the land to the east was illuminated. Again he pecked, and the west was bathed in the light as well. With a fourth peck, the egg shattered, and for a time all the world was bathed in the light and heat of the first Phoenix's care for the world. Plumage of burning, razor sharp steel, the shade of fresh spilt blood grew from the bird, resembling a Skeksi in most ways, save for a tail of eight long and shining plumes and a size that dwarfed mountains. With a triumphant shriek, it calls to the world, it's song to fill the air in times to come. Meanwhile, Nemia gently cleans her child, gently cooing and clucking with a dozen mouths as a fiery bird head grew, removing bits of shell and smoothing out some feathers, which despite their appearance parts like the softest down to her ministrations.

"Aw, who's my glorious, beautiful boy? Who shall guide the world? Who shall sing the glories of all he surveys, and heart warm the lands? Who is my Phoenix?"

As she tends to the Phoenix, it caws and chirps, nuzzling his mother gently as she cleans her newborn Son. Once she is done, she steps back, allowing the Phoenix to spread his wings experimentally and flap them.

"That's it, baby, come on, come on..."

With a great sweeping of his wings that tosses clouds across the sea and creates massive waves, the Phoenix takes off, soaring into the sky. In time, he would become normal to the people below. But for now, the Singing Sun flew, and those below stood in shock and awe at his glorious passing. And again, the Handmaidens of the Hydra spoke.

"Be not afraid. The world changes, for better or ill. It changes."

Spoiler: AP expenditure
    Show

7 AP start (6+1 rollover)
    5 AP - Create Legendary Creature: the Phoenix. Rather than a sun, the world is warmed by a massive bird born of a Skeksi and a goddess. Taller than mountains as a newborn, the Phoenix is composed of what seems to be burning metal, and flies around the world chasing the moon. The Phoenix has five distinct stages: the Newborn phase when it glows a vibrant red, the size of the tallest mountain and the "Spring" phase, lasting 150 days. Then there is Summer, where it changes to glow a near blinding white, and burns fiercer than the rest of the year. In this phase, it is about as large as the moon itself, and this stage lasts 100 days. Then comes fall, where the Phoenix begins to dim, slowly turning to a hazy orange and shrinking to its original size, slowly losing its plumage as it goes, which also lasts 100 days. The "winter" phase is it nearing the end of its days, where it shrinks further, down to the size of foothills, and it glows a sputtering red. This phase lasts 140 days, and the Phoenix finally reaches the moon and dies on this day, reduced back down to ash and a single ruby red egg the size of a boulder, which in truth is the heart of the Phoenix. For ten days, the world is dark, and then the egg hatches as the dawn of the eleventh day, signaling the end of the Rebirth phase. The process begins again this day, as the Phoenix takes off and soars across the world once again.
    1AP- Create concept: time. The mortals have set up a cycle of thirty hour days from the passage of the Phoenix and moon, and as time goes on will establish a calendar around his lifespan.
    1AP- Create concept: seasons. With the phoenix's rising, crude seasons are set. As gods relating to the aspects of each arise, they shall become defined.
    0 AP remaining

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhere Wild

Heiphar squints up at the sky, slowly raising an arm to cover his eyes as he tries to spot the source of the light. Everything was so bright now. Bright and warm. A small squeak of pain comes from his shoulder and, with a practiced motion Heiphar slides his mole rat companion into his sleeve, protecting the eyes of the creature from the sky above.

As Heiphar basks in the new warmth and light he finally turns his gaze outward, gazing up his destination. An endless expanse of blue, as far as his eyes could see. It was beautiful, wonderful and, best of all, free of the influence of all gods but one.

With slow, deliberate and painful motions Heiphar begins to climb down the cliff he is on, making his way to the beach below. He had a way to help his children, if only for a short time. He could save them from being slaves and sacrifices, let them be more than inept freaks needing care to live. They could support themselves, given time, and become their own people.

With a small amount of trepidation, Heiphar taps his staff upon the water.

"If it isn't too much bother, I would speak with the one who claims the blue as their domain," Heiphar says, his raspy voice hardly a whisper yet carrying far further than it should to the ears of Quelep.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Daily AP brings me to 4 now.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-11-21 at 01:23 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Life was fire, and fire was life. It was the first thought that Vis had. She was so very hot. Everything burned, but it was a fire that warmed and crashed like a tidal wave again and again. She could feel it around her, the passion of the world. All across the world, the mortal races copulated, they mated like beasts and yet it was so much more, for they were bound together, many of them, by bonds beyond simple passion. Vis cared little for such distinctions, but in some who we're boneded, the flames of their passion burned with ardor, and this she swallowed greedily, fanning the flames even as she consumers them for sustenance.

If the Phoenix had not been born, Vis could never have come into existence. She needed his fire, his life. She needed the passion and heat that the mother put into his creation. She drew upon this, upon his life force, but this fire was not one that consumed, it was one that replenished both. It was the very fire of life itself. The world heated as Vis was born, the first Summer. But it was too much, and the Phoenix rebels. It knows what Vis cannot, that the world cannot maintain in perpetual summer. So it throws her off, casts her away with as much passion as it had when they were together. Mortals would be angry at a lover scorning them. But Vis is above that. She sees the freedom, but knows that she will return each year to herald the summer, to rekindle the true heat in her first lover.

Thus the Phoenix leaves behind a part of itself, but no more belonging to the Phoenix than the moon belongs to the night sky. Vis was free. Naked as existence itself, and unashamed, the flaming woman waits, for she can sense the presence of others like her, like the mother. And she WANTS. She wants them so. She wants them with her, beside her, inside her, with a passion that was endless. But it was the chase that made the catch all the more sweet, and so Vis waits to see who will answer the call first.

On the World below, mortals across are struck with sudden lust. The fire to create, and to consume. And like all fire, it was beyond good and evil. It simply was, and the mortals took it for what they willed, with some using it for selfish reasons, and other making things of great beauty. Vis glows in pleasure.

Come to me... she whispers across the heavens, with breathless anticipation.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-11-21 at 01:39 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sabaioth
    Sabaioth slept in the care of the old woman until she was over half the age that the Mew people generally lived to be until their death. The old woman realized that the cat in her care was "good luck". Since the cat came into the village and in her house, she had the health and vigor of a woman of thirty years. Eventually, Sabaioth woke up, noticing that the old woman had given the cat a comfortable bed made with straw. Well that was nice. . . Sabaioth felt as if she had been comforting him as he slept, not realizing he had stayed for decades during his sleep and not just a night. Before leaving, the house had been enchanted even further. While the woman wouldn't live forever, she would make it well past two hundred years for her life span, and even receive powers of premonition, especially during the evening, and very heightened luck during the evening hours. She would find it much less necessary for her to sleep, although she could enjoy her sleep much more than before, (She really only needed a single hour of sleep per night to really function as well as a normal person could with eight full hours), she perhaps enjoyed having her youth restored and the ability to be healthy until her death the most.

Sabaioth thought that the worlds around him, such as the bloody place, this continent and the Moon were all still a little too boring. There was plenty too eat, but not enough variation to what they could actually eat with. Sabaioth looked around . . . wondered what he could do, and remembered those strange dreams about the little metal containers with meat he always had, and the bowls full of milk. For this reason, Sabaoith created cows. Also, he dreamed of the other strange creatures that seemed so common in his dream. The fuzzy, cute looking but kind a dumb and lazy little things that went. . . "Baaaaah!" That still didn't seem to be enough, however.

So Sabaioth. . . and he thought and he thought and he thought. . . How about those strange creatures that tasted so good? No. . . Sabaioth already saw chickens in some villages in the world. Those owl creatures were really fun to be around, even if they were kind of dangerous. In a way owls were like cats. Not as smart, but Humans thought they were. . . Sabaioth would fix that, creating owls as far more intelligent animals. . . No. . . Sabaioth thought. . . he already saw those too. He thought about those things until he remembered the dreams of the farm . . . there were no pigs in this world . . .

Spoiler
    Show

0 Cows
    0 Sheep
    0 Pigs and Wild Pigs

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Eo had rested, restoring his divine might for when it would be needed. However, events occur that rouse him from his slumber. New gods and new problems arise in equal measure to one another.

Some of the change is good, the ocean fell revealing more strong earth for all to enjoy, some was forgiven as the tear of remorse shed by the creator of the twisted was felt by Eo who sent the twisted away into exile to find their god, and some change was horrific.

Eo rose from the earth on the land where the thirsty god first appeared and observed what the god of the ocean had wrought. Channels of water pushed through the earth and carved cruel pathways to the ocean. Water fell from the sky and battered at the heads of mountains. Most would scoff that such a little thing as rain would be a threat to the earth, but Eo was a far-seeing god. He saw the little changes in the earth, the slight reduction of the mountains, the deepening of valleys into canyons, even when but one stone was put out of place.

To combat this, Eo reached deep, deep into the earth, feeling for the hot boiling mass that was it's heart. Then Eo provided channels for the heartsblood for flow and up it came erupting from the oceans just as he had. To keep the veins open Eo set the world spinning around it's heart. The change was nearly as imperceptible as the erosion which ate away at him, but it was enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    +3 AP (Wednesday Thursday Friday)
    2AP Curse Ocean: Volcanic Activity under the oceans creates new lands (albeit small and almost uninhabitable)
    1AP Create Concept: Continental Drift (now the tiny islands created above could form archipelagos and become livable.
    Back to 0AP land.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

That which never dies...

Amidst the expanse of nothingness, surrounding the great ball of dirt awash with the blood of dead titans, lies the battered, tattered, and shattered remains of the hosts of those dead titans. Bits of frozen creatia, pinnacles of iron and steel and silver and gold, and chunks of rock, hurtling for eternity in nothingness. A remnant yet remains of a spark, though drifts a shadow of its former self, no memory or hope of recollection of its former masters nor of the climatic battle that slayed all. This ethereal spirit, a silver specter of light in the dark, toils unknown and unlooked for in the Outer Reaches, gathering like a carrion bird the scrapes of the dead. A suit of armor in which to encase itself, tattered clothe in which to hide its face, and a chain.

Standing tall, adorned in armor black as night with glowing silver adorning it, his eyes alight in the shadow of his hood and his cloak draped frozen from his shoulders. A frozen revenant a field of spiraling debris. Even as the world unfolded in the distance, he began his work. Chains leaping from his hand, binding chunks of rock, ice, and metal and dragging them together. Violently smashing the smallest together and binding the greatest rocks together in chains, he forged in the frozen reaches a great asteroid of continental proportion. Flattened, stretching tens of miles deep and thousands across, into a great eight pointed star, and its center a precipice.

A frozen land of rock and ice, barren and dead. From the precipice, this Ethereal Spirit exhales, pushing his great rock closer to this new formed moon, and coming within looming sight from those below as the Fire-Bird first rises into the sky to bring the day. And in his exhalation, came forth great winds that spread out around this new land, engulfing and separating it from the emptiness. It gathered and the heat of this new Fire gave it energy as it clashed now with the frozen air, creating for the first time great storms that swooped across this barren rock. And from his precipice, he watched.

The Frozen Star

Under the contemplation of this new deity, pieces of the hills and mountains and glaciers began to stir. Great elementals of ice and frozen rock take shape and heave themselves from the landscape, unfeeling, unintelligent, spiritless animations of the primordial materials they are formed from, subject to the will that created them. And like legion, they began to work.

But as the elementals awakened, so too did other life begin to grow. With the nourishment of the light so faint, and its heat left for wanting, only the hardy and most resilient of life would ever hope to endure. Lichens took root, soft, spongy things that clung jealously to rocks. In the great flatlands and lower reaches of mountains the first sprigs of great conifers break free of the soil. And short, sturdy grasses sprout everywhere else.

But the world is far away, and this new god is cautious. With clothe of his own cloak, he fastens together great birds of wit and cunning, and strength to endure the storms and endurance to fly far and long. And breathing life into them, they croaks like death itself, and stares through grey-eyes at their master. “You are my messengers, my spies, my heralds. Fly forth to this underworld to know it and through you shall I learn better.” And with a great gust, the first murder of ravens is sent forth into the world where they soon spread.

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    Starting AP: 7AP
    2AP Create Land: A continent made of asteroids the size of Russia and in the rough shape of eight pointed star.
    1AP Create Concept: Elementals - What it says on the label. Open concept, of course.
    0AP Create Least Species: Lichen, Conifers, Grass
    1AP Create Lesser Species: Ravens - Large, powerful, intelligent birds capable of speech and mimicry. (Only a bit smarter than real ravens.)
    1AP Create Lesser Species: Ice Elementals.
    Ending AP: 2AP
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-11-22 at 10:45 PM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

The Flames of Lust

Vis looked upon the mortal races of the world and despaired. They were so very... apart. Yet her talents could not along bind them together as she wished, for some of the races were so anathema to one another that mating among them would be biologically difficult, if not impossible. So Vis decided that she would create a bridge. The Akanren were her solution. Born of the flames of lust and passion, the Akanren were seeded across the entire world, on every continent, and soon enough, in every society. They were beings of lust and desire, and they drew the eye of every mortal race that looked upon them, which they enjoyed wholeheartedly. The Akanren shared the mortal form of humans, insofar as they were shaped, but that is where the resemblance ends. They are the first borne children of Vis, their essence not distilled by a father's seed. They are, to the last, female.

The Akanren are beautiful, but it is a beauty that goes beyond physicallity. In the core of their being, they are possessed of a fire that never truly goes out, a fire that all mortals, male or female, are drawn to. To deny attraction to the Akanren is to deny lust itself, of which few are capable, and even fewer desire to do. They can mate with any race, and from it gain pleasure, and bear children. Female children born are always Akanren, whereas males are of the species with whom the Akanren has mated. Akanren are physically weak, but they have little need of such attributes, as most quickly find a protector amongst the nearest society. The Akanren are fickle, and sow conflict in two ways. They are objects of desire, and thus men fight over them constantly, even at the cost of previous relationships, though they have no pull on those in whom Love has taken hold, nor do they attempt to sever such bonds. Further, they only mate with the strongest and most intelligent, meaning that they are just as happy leaving their current mate when a better prospect reveals itself. They take only their daughters with them, if they have not come of age yet.

This naturally means that Akanren are almost always found mated to those in power, chieftans, Warriors, priests. And in time, the companionship of an Akanren would become a mark of status, a sign of favor by Vis herself, though in the beginning few knew that name.

Soon enough, Akanren could be seen wherever one traveled, whatever race was encountered, the Akanren could be counted on as being among them. And Vis was pleased.

Spoiler: AP
    Show

3AP: Greater Race: Akanren - an all female race of humanoids, the Akanren are highly sought after by all races. They are incredibly lustful, though loyal to their current mate, and the breed true, female offspring being Akanren, and males of the race to which they mate. They can breed with any humanoid race or race that can take humanoid form. Though they breed true, they are more than happy to pair with females if that female proves worthy of their affections.
    2 AP: Desire - The Akanren are the pinnacle of desire for mortals, male and female alike, and highly sought after by those in power or who wish status among their people.
    AP: 0

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quelep looked to her people and found something that made her pause in thought. The Sacs were, for now, just going around, trying to find patches of kelp scattered around. They weren't touching the fish, or even attempting to cultivate the kelp. She wondered why for a moment, before realizing the problem. But that development was not her domain, and she would rather save up her powers for something more important.

There were several volcanos that sprouted up, catching some of the Sacs off guard. While she was angry at first for the god who made them, she realized that it would contribute to the cycle that went on in the oceans. It, in fact, created another cycle, one where the land and the sea would be lost and gained from time to time. And that was good enough for her.

She started to regain her corporeal form once again before she heard a splash on the shore. One of the gods was calling for her. She scrambled to take form, before appearing in front of Heiphar. She recognized the god as the one who created the defects in some of her people, and thought about admonishing him, but then she thought, and she looked around. The people with defects... she wasn't the only one affected by them. And it seems the god had no species to call his own. A pity, to be sure, but she wondered what the god was planning to do with them. She then spoke up. "Yes? Is there anything you need?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

Kobold

Skarne looked up. So much had been done. He had been focused on other matters. Weighing how to deal with these Twisted. In particular watching a newly appointed Cheiftain named Koribal.

Now a voice called out to him. He was the eldest of these gods, after all, and so he arose.

Skarne and Vis

The Bloodied Blade arrived moments later, climbing to the height of the Phoenix and this new goddess. With each step upwards, a small pool of blood would form below his foot, holding him aloft in the air as he climbed, and fading away behind him as he ascended.

When he was level with her, he inclined his head. You have requested an audience. I have no time for fools and no patience for those who hide their weakness behind a wall of words. State your business, Flaming One.
    She was indeed attractive, though Skarne knew this was illusion. Though it affected him, his ties to the focus given by Rage allowed him to suppress whatever bizarre instincts might arise within him.

---

Koribal the Half-Blind, as they now called him, noted the arrival of these Akanren with no particular feeling. He warned the unmarried hunters to stay away from them, and for the most part they were not foolish enough to take them for mates first.

However, few really had much of a chance.

Koribal, as Chieftain, was also the strongest of their number. He had found himself eventually surrounded by a small group of Akanren at almost all times. While they were useful for relieving the appetites of the flesh, Koribal felt no real attachment to them. They clearly knew this. And clearly did not care. Neither did Koribal. It was more akin to a deal that was struck than it was a true relationship. Koribal only knew the name of one or two of them anyways. They always seemed to be cycling, as the pregnant ones wandered off to care for their young.

Koribal was concerned with leading his people. Moreso concerned with the changing world. And yet moreso, struggling to move beyond the anger of the murder of his wife and child. The Kirr who had done it would burn by he hand, he swore it. And if Skarne would but grant him the power, he would use his rage to purge all those who would slay those innocents who had no part in battle.
    Those murderers and dealers of lies. Those deceivers and criminals who took the coward's path. He would burn them all, tear them asunder, drown them in their own blood, skin them alive and toss them into the salted north sea.
    The Akanren on his arm yelped. His hand had been on her knee. He had unwittingly begun squeezing it in his rage. His nails had broken her skin.
    "I am sorry." Koribal said as she moved away with a frown. "My mind was....elsewhere."

One of her fellows would tentatively take her place at his side a few minutes later. Why they insisted on draping themselves upon him, he would never know. But he wasn't about to stop them. It was an age of unparalleled fertility. Who was he to deny his people sons, or their people daughters? He would take no Kirr mate after the death of his beloved. And his sons would be raised by others. He could not love them. Not while his firstborn's death weighed on him so. He was unfit to be their father while he was in such a state.

One day it would pass, and he would be happy again. He had hoped to be happy by the time he met death, but a blood prophecy to see his demise was...empty. Not even a glimmer of a sign. Was Koribal the Half-blind doomed to wander this world for eternity?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Growing Pains

In the days after the Phoenix's birth, the Handmaidens hardly moved. They did not care when struck, or register when spoken to. They did not perceive their world for the most part, and separating any part of them just had the piece spasm before growing into an entirely new Handmaiden so harming them was not useful in the slightest. Indeed, the only times they seemed active were when mothers were heavy with child nearby, and it did not matter the species. From the lowest beast to the dominant races of the world, if a child was on the way, the Handmaidens moved, myriad arms like some sort of deranged, deformed clockwork as they brought themselves to the mother to deliver the baby. At first, the mortals tried to flee, to fight, to bash the obscene and terrible seeming things apart. This could have gone better, but hey, they found out about how the Handmaidens breed at least. Some of the Maidens were broken too much to be used, but others persisted, made their way through, carved and cut into even as they work by frantic family. It is only when the babes are held carefully, gently, screaming and wailing, that the Children of Gods stop, that they stare as the newborn is swaddled gently in nearby fabric as green ooze bleeds out of them. And through it all, as these odd beasts that give no thought to their own body, their own issues, they say, over and over in their terrible, droning, inhuman-hell, monstrous voices.

"Be not afraid."

In time, the many races would, in fact, stop being afraid. They would erect little huts for the Handmaidens to hang in from their limbs, lifeless save for their odd breath, save for when ensuring the birth of new infants of beast and greater things. For that is what the Handmaidens of the Hydra do. They ensure that the races shall grow with luck removed from the concerns of childbirth save for the Twisted.

--------------------

Departures

After the birth of her Son and Daughter, Nemia stretches, each cordlike muscle beneath her scales creaking and uncoiling before she looks to the sea. There were many spots to see upon the world still, so much of Vexit to explore and lands elsewhere. Besides, her next children would prefer the water and blood than the land. So she walks back into the sea, even more heads growing as new races show up, slipping gently and swimming away from shore. New eggs drop away from her, millions, possibly billions flowing from her. From these eggs hatch crustaceans, cephalopods, and sea snakes, scattering to the corners of the seas. They are loved by their Mother as well, but they do not need to make special request, nor voice opinion or concern. They have lives to live, and that is good enough for Nemia.

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

0 AP - Create Least Species Crustacean
    0 AP - Create Least Species Cephalopod
    0 AP - Create Least Species Sea snakes
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-11-21 at 08:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post

Eo rose from the earth on the land where the thirsty god first appeared and observed what the god of the ocean had wrought. Channels of water pushed through the earth and carved cruel pathways to the ocean. Water fell from the sky and battered at the heads of mountains. Most would scoff that such a little thing as rain would be a threat to the earth, but Eo was a far-seeing god. He saw the little changes in the earth, the slight reduction of the mountains, the deepening of valleys into canyons, even when but one stone was put out of place.
    Ummor was just finishing taking another hearty drink from the BIBOUB when he notices that someone else had come to his yet unnamed island. The drunken god remains silent as Eo channels the powers of the earth to combat the oceans. He remains silent, after all, this strange creature was providing some form of entertainment to the thirsty god after all.

By the time Eo finishes his work, he hears an impressed whistle "Well now... you sure showed the ocean a thing or two." Ummor was lying on the sand, cradling his BIBOUB within his massive arms, all the while giggling to himself as if he just said a joke that only he can understand. "You are the second to visit me today. Hopefully you will stay longer than the first. Sit, and tell me your tale. Make it a good one... and I might just reward you! I don't mind if you lie or exaggerate... as long as your tale is entertaining!"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

In a great field of plains, one tribe lives looking to understand the beauty of life. They study it and learn from it, developing new ideas and ways of life. They live looking to understand the world and improve upon it, making the world a better place for everyone. They are the Hent tribe, who tend to be the most intelligent of all of humanity.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    +2 the past two days
    -2 New tribe
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Ugly Seas

"Thank you for coming," Heiphar says, avoiding eye contact with the other god as he looks at the ground, ashamed to fully show his face. What he was was disgusting, repulsive and, when asking a favor, not something that another god should be subject to.

"The blue is your own creation, correct?" he begins, marveling at the flawlessness of the sea. "It seems... large. Would there be a place in the blue where there are no others? A place far from the prying eyes of both gods and mortals?" Heiphar asks, dearly hoping the answer is yes.

"If it isn't too much trouble for you to check, of course."

The Twisted Around the World

In the human lands of the Hent tribe a lone Twisted, crippled and ugly sits outside another's tent, simply lounging about on the ground. Despite his physical disabilities he has somehow managed to almost become fat, likely due to the fact that he has never worked a day in his life. While the calm, rational minds of the Hent should have realized that the circumstances of the man were far outside his own control, they found themselves inclined towards hatred than attempting to help the man other than the basic human courtesy demanded. The Twisted was a vile, disgusting creature and had he not technically been of their own blood he would have been killed long ago.

In the lands of the Kirr a few proud warriors groan as they see the small, sickly Twisted crest the hill, returning alive from the recent scouting mission. While a portion of the groan may come from the forthcoming battle not being worthy of them, more than a small bit comes from the fact that the Twisted hadn't found himself on the end of a spear. The Twisted Kirr were a disgrace to the entire race, showing weakness where there should only be strength.

Among the young Akanren one sits alone, ostracized by the normally kind and loyal members of her species simply for the twisted, ugly face she had. In truth it should not have been a real distraction, especially among the tightly knit groups of slowly-aging Akanren children. And yet, seemingly overnight the others found themselves more repulsed by the hideous marks than they had by anything, resulting in the ugly Akanren sitting alone, eating tear-stained fruit.

Across the world the races found their minds tainted, bent towards hatred and repulsion towards the Twisted, subtly influenced by the way that their forefather viewed his own creation.

Show
    2 AP from the last 2 days

2 AP Curse: Not only are the Twisted physically as repulsive but simply emanate wrongness in a way none can put a true finger on. This forces all races to have an innate disgust for the Twisted, no matter how virtuous or accepting they may be. Other races are unable to see the Twisted as real people and most openly despise them, making any sort of care difficult at the very least.

1 AP Concept (Racism): The idea of one race being lesser than another based off color of their skin/appendages/size/what have you is a legitimate aspect of the world now and is fairly common. Coupled with the curse, the Twisted are seen as lessers.

3 AP

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Skarne and Vis

My buisness? My buisness is the fire of the world, the fire of the flesh. But you understand that, don't you. There is a fire in you, a fire of destruction. And it is glorious. Vis licks her lips and runs one flaming finger down Skarne's chest. But the fire does not burn, at least not so much as normal fire might burn. It burns in Skarne's loins, a fire in his blood. Vis smiles knowingly. I knew you had it in you.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Resources
    The Mew people were throughout the whole world now. At least, in places with less danger than others. They began to have a distinct culture separate from other cultures. While they still assimilated with other cultures around the world, they had their domestication of animals, their status as healers, their clinics and Hospices, and their gardens as cultural indicators.

Around the ancient legacy place of Sabaioth, as it became known, the Land of the Cat, there was an abundance of herbs and harvestable culinary condemnents, and people ate well, for a people back then, anyway. Eventually, they began to wish there was more variety to their diets. Sure, they could eat crab, spice it up with pepper, or maybe catch some deer, fish, or chickens, but the people were beginning to grow in prosperity for an ancient people of their day, even though in this early portion of history, there wasn't much flair to someone's wealth. It was usually just who had the fanciest caves to live in, with the most food, and maybe some pet animals with a large family.

The Twisted who were fortunate enough to live in a Hospice managed to acquire quite a bit of everything, but they were outcasts anywhere else other than a Hospice, and people who lived among the Twisted only considered themselves a little better off than the truly poor, since the Twisted were disturbing to the un-afflicted. Good thing cute little kitty Sabaioth had an idea.

He loved drinking milk, and people tended to like it too. There wasn't much else to drink other than water these days. "Let's. . . make another drink! Oh. . . something to eat at the same time!!!" The kitten went back to the site where he had visited so often, and people were astounded to see the kitten running through the streets with a purring like meow until he had made his way to the now old building people had to take down and then lovingly build back up. The cat hurriedly made his way to the old place where he slept and took a long drink of water from a little bowl, and ate some lovingly peppered fish.

Then he energetically made his way to a place just outside the old house, and drug with his paws into the ground. . . gently planting new seeds inside the ground with his teeth, and the first watermelons began to grow. Sabaioth also thought that it would be a good day for trying something new. He licked the soil of the land around the towns of the Cat Land, and out of the soil of the earth, would thence come barley.

Finally, Sabaioth really loved the color blue. He liked all colors equally, but blue was really fun sometimes. As a result of the large mountains and hills nearby, with the many caves, Sabaioth thought it would be fun to hide a lot of blue gemstones inside for the mortals to find. They weren't very well equipped to do so at the moment, with their crude stone tools, but nevertheless, they could do it. The people would come to know these special sapphire stones as "Sabaioth Stones". In addition to being Sapphires of great value, they could channel the powers of magic very well.

The people were beginning to hold Sabaioth in the Cat Land area far above any other deity. Finally, the old lady returned to the hovel/cave dwelling from her visit to relatives in another place. She was overwhelmed with joy to see the magical kitten waiting for her.

Corporatocracy
    As it was, the only governments anyone had was a collective of families, maybe combining into a tribal society in an area. Here, the people had an idea. New foods were growing, they were already abundantly blessed with fertile lands. Only places directly blessed with fertility were more prosperous, and even they didn't have nearly as much Consecration magic available to them as the Mewkin.

Thus, it was easy for the cunning, wise, and above all, smart Mewkin to come together with the realization that they were more than capable of making great societies for themselves if they could pull together resources into larger groups to protect their wealth, and help make decisions that smaller families couldn't. At this point in history, having such a government would be a huge benefit.This form of government would be called the Guild Chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

0 Watermelons
    0 Honey domestication (I assume honey already exists)
    0 Barley
    1 Concept: Corporatocracy
    1 Resource: Sapphire gemstones known as "Sabioth Stones"
    1 Concept: Mining
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-12-02 at 03:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Somnos had been in his dream world for too long. The mortals were becoming accustomed to the nightly shift from sane reality to the random structure of Somnos' visions. Somnos looked about himself, seeing the world that had sprung up. Grey skies, dense fog, the distant sound of owls hooting, the enchanting sight of various mortal creatures struggling to understand the gifts Somnos was giving them. Too long. The other world, the mortal world, had been bereft of his gifts for far too long. This would have to be rectified. He pulled himself through the void and to the world, appearing before a human youth.
    "Who are you?" Queried the youth, who had been busy gathering wood out in the forest near his village.
    "Has it truly been that long? Have the mortal creatures, my children, forgotten their eternal benefactor already?" Somnos shook his head sadly, "My child, I am Somnos."
    The young man, unfortunately perhaps, did not realize what stood before him. Not yet, anyways. He brandished the axe he had brought with him at the Mad-God, "What do you want of me?"
    Somnos smiled, "My child, I want you."
    Darkness fell upon the forest, and the sound of screams emanated from the heart of the shroud. After several hours, the villagers ventured out into the depths of the wood, searching for the youth who had still not returned, and expecting the worst. They stumbled upon something far more terrible than their limited minds could ever have imagined.
    The clearing where the youth had met Somnos was covered in blood, and the bones of the young man had been arranged to form an archway of sorts. The arch led into a swirling miasma of darkness and what could only be described as madness.
    In front of the arch stood a gaunt figure seemingly cloaked in mist. It turned to the assembled villagers and beckoned to them, "Come my children, enter into the heaven that I have prepared for you."
    The bravest people walked forward into the arch, passing through felt as though they were pushing through a wall of water. They entered into a world turned downside-up. Everywhere they turned they saw people in agony, writhing with madness, and being tormented by demons that shared a mocking resemblance with owls.
    As they turned to leave, the figure from before had appeared behind them, blocking their retreat.
    "Welcome, my beloved children, welcome to Morphion."

Show
    Create World and Portal: 1 AP.
    Create Race: 5 AP. Lethics, strange beings that are human in appearance with the wings of a great grey owl. They have large, blue, owl-like eyes; hair that is either the color of thick fog, the moon, or the void of space; and they can emit loud, high-pitched, screeches that can temporarily paralyze their enemies. Their skin is grey with odd black patterns (similar to Rorschach tests) emblazoned on their chests, backs, arms, legs, and faces. There are both male and female Lethics, but because of their proclivity for wearing long grey cloaks, it can be difficult to distinguish between the men and the women. They have been entrusted by Somnos with the guiding of mortals to Morphion, where they oversee the dreams and nightmares of the creatures. They are proud and violent entities, mercurial and apt to destroy whatever they encounter. The flip side of their personality is that they frequently help people for no particular reason, giving advice and aid to those who happen to please them, generally on accident.
    Last edited by Synvallius; 2014-11-29 at 03:12 PM.
    Synvallius the Elder
    Inaction is support for the action you did not oppose.
    The rain is my parade.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Sehomi

The explosion of new gods caught Sehomi's interest. They would plot and scheme at one another, and Sehomi would be fulfilled. But her people were not always so fortunate. These Twisted were terrible to begin with, and a new curse made them even more repellant. Most Twisted eggs were destroyed outright when discovered, not out of malice, but out of pity. These beings could find no solace in life, and it was a greater mercy to never let them know life.

Then there was this new creature in the sky, the phoenix. The naga found the thing terrible, for it burned away the soothing mists and drove many creatures to a frenzy. The summer was the worst, when the phoenix and this new goddess lusted after one another. It made the naga lethargic, to miserable in the heat to do much of anything. Many of the naga took to only coming out at night, or in the cold of winter. The rest of the time, they spent in communion with one another, honing themselves in the shadows of the mountains. These became the second tribe of the naga, the Antai.

Show
    1 AP
    +3 Daily AP (three days worth)
    -2 Create Tribe: the Antai, who prefer the darkness and quiet even more than most naga.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Quelep closed her eyes and thought for a moment. "Well, I suppose you could use one of the new islands..." Something shocked her, though, as she saw into the ocean itself.

She saw babies being abandoned. The once peaceful race she had created was tearing itself apart, becoming more and more isolationist. For a trade race, this would not do. Quelep traced the origins of this madness, and... it led right back to the god standing in front of her.

"...why?" she asked Heiphor, shifting unsettably, her hands starting to make movements. She was going to have to rush the development of her race in order to keep up. "These are your own subjects... why do you spite them so?" Keeping her eyes closed, partly to not see the reaction that she felt was going to come from the god of suffering, she raised coral and a special tree from the islands that had just been created, which she would call ash, from what the volcanoes had spewed out. It seemed like she threw something into the ground around her, but some of the earth and water was crushed together, creating the metal turque, which could be found anywhere the two met.

Show

AP: 2 +4 rest bonus

Create Least Species: Coral
    Create Least Species: Ash trees
    Create Resource: Turque (-1)

Current AP: 5

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Crying By The Sea

The ugly god hangs his head even lower, a few lone tears rolling down his cheek and splashing into the ocean, the water becoming dirty and muddy where they land.

"You think I choose this for my own people?" the god asks, still avoiding eye contact. "They have done no wrong other than been the subject of a passing thought by me. What did they reap from that action? Ugliness, crippled bodies and the hatred of the world for nothing other than being hideous. I can do nothing for them without the world hating them even more," Heiphar states.

"That's why I need your help. Help me make a way to cross the blue. Let my people escape the judgment of the other races. Help me get them somewhere they won't have to live in fear."

"Please,"
    he reiterates, his eyes pleading.

Show
    Another day, another AP! 4 now.

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Endymion was the first Lethic to leave Morphion, the first grey spectre ever to cross the skies of the mortal world. He sped quickly and quietly through the dim morning light, only one task occupying his thoughts. Revenge. His master had been wronged by the bleeding warrior so long ago, that by mortal reckoning it was a myth, but the Lethics knew, they heard the horror of the warrior's opposition to the Mad-God's will. He and his must be punished for their arrogance. Endymion alighted upon a tree near a small Kirr village, blending in almost imperceptibly with the foliage, and watched as the village awoke. His master would be pleased with his efforts; the monstrous, arrogant, brutish, mortal-hating creature, that called itself a god, Skarne, would learn to respect the god of death.
    Synvallius the Elder
    Inaction is support for the action you did not oppose.
    The rain is my parade.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Skarne and Vis

My buisness? My buisness is the fire of the world, the fire of the flesh. But you understand that, don't you. There is a fire in you, a fire of destruction. And it is glorious. Vis licks her lips and runs one flaming finger down Skarne's chest. But the fire does not burn, at least not so much as normal fire might burn. It burns in Skarne's loins, a fire in his blood. Vis smiles knowingly. I knew you had it in you.
    Skarne perhaps didn't react in the way she was hoping.

Yes, he felt the stab of desire. But his reaction to it was not to be pleased.
    He felt that she was attempting to control him using these base urges.

Skarne growled. You do not have power over me, harlot.

Skarne turned and descended, fuming. He knew that was not the last he would see of her.

Spoiler
    Show

AP +3 for the past 3 days.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh Skarne, baby, you say the nicest things." Vis blows him a kiss. There was no insult in calling her a harlot, it was simply who she was. You could no more insult the water by calling it wet. Still, unless the blood god wanted to fight her, all he could do was grown oh so menacingly. And that growl just sent shivers in all the right places. Vis follows the blood god at a distance. At the very least, she'll get to meet the other fun things that hang around him.