New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    But what kinds of acks do you rate? I mean, are only pure ACKs allowed, or may SYNACKs participate as well?
    Any kind of Acks. The only requirement is that you relacks while you do it.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Do you rate Acks while on Ecks? Or are the Acks of Ecks Eeks? Do the Eeks have an Acks?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Thinking about my Advent Time Avatars for this year has been a tad stressful. My last year's idea, and many thanks to Cuth for creating it, was really good, but I have no idea what to pull out my sleeve for next week. And I really should get started, since I've planned to make all this by myself.
    What's an Advent Time Avatar? I'm assuming it's an avatar for Christmas and stuff right?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Any kind of Acks. The only requirement is that you relacks while you do it.
    Okay, so if I relacks, then I can rate this?

Also, hi. Haven't been here in a while.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

5. - Top - End - #65

Last night I was crippled by the gut punch known as "and then Zodi got the stomach flu". Ow. OW.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Today I learned that there is a thing called "The Day My Bum Went Psycho" and witnessed a review of a cartoon that ends with (I am not kidding here) every bathroom on earth revealing itself to be an alien, and leaving earth for good because one person abused his bathroom privileges.

My mind needs a rest...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Do you rate Acks while on Ecks? Or are the Acks of Ecks Eeks? Do the Eeks have an Acks?
    Ecks are the rating system for acks, but you only rate acks wih ecks while on eecks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
    Okay, so if I relacks, then I can rate this?

Also, hi. Haven't been here in a while.
    I am currently on eecks, so I give that ack seven out of ten ecks.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: I don't know what everyone's talking about, but I found some goofy clothes.
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #69

Oh god I'm so sick that leaving my blankets for five seconds to go to the bathroom has me shivering like crazy. Jeeeeeeeeezuz, I've never been this sick in a looong time.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh god I'm so sick that leaving my blankets for five seconds to go to the bathroom has me shivering like crazy. Jeeeeeeeeezuz, I've never been this sick in a looong time.
    Warning: Check your temperature! If you're shivering like crazy, you might be running a fever. If you're not careful, going under the blankets could raise your body temperature too much.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

I should stop predicting times altogether. It seems that whenever I make a prediction on when I can go to bed, I blow it by at least an hour, even if I take that hour into consideration twice.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

What's an Advent Time Avatar? I'm assuming it's an avatar for Christmas and stuff right?
    Remember this?
    Spoiler: one of the avatars from last year
    Show

Anyways, I'll be making something similar this year again.

ION: It's really easy to fall asleep when there's a wee 3-year-old nephew softly snoring and cuddling up to me. ... it's also very easy to wake up when that same nephew starts screaming "DADDY'S CLEANING! DADDY'S CLEANING!" in his sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I should stop predicting times altogether. It seems that whenever I make a prediction on when I can go to bed, I blow it by at least an hour, even if I take that hour into consideration twice.
    I know how you feel. If I'm exhausted, I go up to bed early, thinking that I'll go to sleep early. I then proceed to stay awake in bed for three hours or so. If I'm not tired, I go up to sleep later ... and still stay awake in bed for three hours or so. I bet it has to do with me using the computer before I go to sleep. I've heard that f.lux fixes that, but that orange tint sorta creeps me out. I should try it, though.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Warning: Check your temperature! If you're shivering like crazy, you might be running a fever. If you're not careful, going under the blankets could raise your body temperature too much.
    Thanks for the concern. I don't think it's a fever though, because after yesterday's Sleep Zodi adventures, I'm feeling a lot better. Still sick, but suffice to say breathing no longer causes immediate pain as my lungs expand and push against my stomach

Remember this?
    Spoiler: one of the avatars from last year
    Show

Anyways, I'll be making something similar this year again.

ION: It's really easy to fall asleep when there's a wee 3-year-old nephew softly snoring and cuddling up to me. ... it's also very easy to wake up when that same nephew starts screaming "DADDY'S CLEANING! DADDY'S CLEANING!" in his sleep.
    Oooh, okay. Good luck!

And awe, that sounds sweet. Though a little tragic that one of his dreams is that his Dad is cleaning stuff

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

And I am just having short slightly painful coughs and a runny nose and a mild fever. I though since I got sick the week before I left, I'd be safe this week, but nooooooo...

I think it may be the carpet. I'm going to sleep on the wood floor tonight.

And at least it's not Thanksgiving yet and should be okay by then.

But still. I feel ya. Say, isn't it cold in here?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

When my dog is especially happy, he looks like other dogs do when they're angry (showing teeth, et cetera.)

We think he's trying to copy a human smile, but it's kind of scary-looking.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Signs of ageing no one tells you about: you will at some point need to start trimming your nose hairs.
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2014-11-23 at 02:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Signs of ageing no one tells you about: you will at some point need to start trimming your nose hairs.
    Yes, you lose the hair on your head and gain it in your nose and ears...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    When my dog is especially happy, he looks like other dogs do when they're angry (showing teeth, et cetera.)

We think he's trying to copy a human smile, but it's kind of scary-looking.
    Well that's demonic cute. At least he's taking an interest in humans.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Well that's demonic cute. At least he's taking an interest in humans.
    It's true. I have seen dogs that look like they are trying to get you away when they are just smiling. Their teeth start looking like fangs when they smile.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Absolutely no idea how I'll sleep tonight. University results come out tomorrow, and I'm just so stressed out that I won't get in. I really want to get in. Sigh. My heart's beating really fast, my palms are sweating, my mind's out of control. I know I'll likely have a job after Christmas season is over if I don't get this place at uni right at this moment, but... I'd rather be a student. ASAP.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

22. - Top - End - #82

Absolutely no idea how I'll sleep tonight. University results come out tomorrow, and I'm just so stressed out that I won't get in. I really want to get in. Sigh. My heart's beating really fast, my palms are sweating, my mind's out of control. I know I'll likely have a job after Christmas season is over if I don't get this place at uni right at this moment, but... I'd rather be a student. ASAP.
    Oh dear...that sounds rough Finn. You can have all my sickness sleepiness so you can get some rest, if I could give it to you

I'm rooting for you, and I'm sure you'll make it in.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You'll be fine Finn, things generally work out in the end. Do you know how you did on your big test? And is that *really* all they're going to care about deciding applications?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Does EmeraldRose have a 3d printer? If not, she should get one.

Then print It That Must Not Be Abbreviated.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Oh dear...that sounds rough Finn. You can have all my sickness sleepiness so you can get some rest, if I could give it to you

I'm rooting for you, and I'm sure you'll make it in.
    I think it's just sort of, the feeling of... I'd rather fall asleep after bad news than wake up to them. I'm still considering an all nighter, but I have no idea what my brain will decide at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You'll be fine Finn, things generally work out in the end. Do you know how you did on your big test? And is that *really* all they're going to care about deciding applications?
    The thing is, the application is just a sent document, and the entrance exam is what matters combined with your grades. The exam for the programme I want to get into consisted of a written part (gang violence in Helsinki) where I reflected on my experiences in Glasgow (hit or miss), then an interview (hit or miss, I brainfarted a lot with Finnish, I wasn't that used to speaking it right after moving back to Finland), and activity tasks (3 minute activity planning & presenting + discussion of how youth workers can collaborate with schools)... I dunno. It's all hit and miss. It's all about how they liked me as a person, and that's what stresses me out. If I don't get in, I know I'll take it personally as a statement of "you're not enough". And it's a scary feeling I've been trying to brush off, but it's still sticking onto me.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #86

I think it's just sort of, the feeling of... I'd rather fall asleep after bad news than wake up to them. I'm still considering an all nighter, but I have no idea what my brain will decide at this point.

The thing is, the application is just a sent document, and the entrance exam is what matters combined with your grades. The exam for the programme I want to get into consisted of a written part (gang violence in Helsinki) where I reflected on my experiences in Glasgow (hit or miss), then an interview (hit or miss, I brainfarted a lot with Finnish, I wasn't that used to speaking it right after moving back to Finland), and activity tasks (3 minute activity planning & presenting + discussion of how youth workers can collaborate with schools)... I dunno. It's all hit and miss. It's all about how they liked me as a person, and that's what stresses me out. If I don't get in, I know I'll take it personally as a statement of "you're not enough". And it's a scary feeling I've been trying to brush off, but it's still sticking onto me.
    I can understand doing that, and wanting to fall asleep after bad news...oh Finn

IF it makes you feel better, I'm sure they'll cut you some slack on speaking the wrong words because you just got back to Finland. Good luck, Finn, I hope everything works out fine...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cups Song from Pitch Perfect is 130 BPM. One of the rules of thumb of marching band is that surprisingly many songs work at 120 BPM. 130 is close enough. Totally attempting this with American Pie.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Just read a pretty amazing statistic.

Most common age of death in the UK in 1964: 0
    Most common age of death in the UK in 2010: 87

It doesn't tell the whole story, of course (it never does). But still.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

*wakes up five minutes before alarm*

Nooo... I want to wake up at the right time to check how I've failed getting into university...

*quickly falls asleep again*
    *DING DING DING DING DING I AM AN ALARM CLOCK HAHAHAH WAKE UP YOU LOSER*

*rubs eyes*
    Oh man, here we go... Where's my laptop...
    *shuffles about, figures out what the hell her password was for the application system*

So... Moment of truth... Day of misery...
    *logs in*

*narrows eyes*
    "You have been accepted to dat university, guuuurl"
    ACCEPTED?!

GUYS, I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY!
    I'm not a huge failure in life after all! Well, maybe jus a little.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

So you get to... study some more? Good... I guess

Congrats though. Getting results can get stressful. I'm waiting on some, myself. Thursday. Sigh.

At least mine will only give me a pay raise
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).