New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

So last night I came home to my two housemates decorating a huge Christmas tree, and with decorations just lying pretty much everywhere. Turns out my one housemate snapped very slightly, and bought a buttload of decorations. And a tree. Which is another nice thing about living with women; I would never have done something like this myself

Some wine might have been involved with the decorating.

We have a very nice photo of my other housemate hugging the finished tree. (She likes Christmas.)
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ION: So, for some time I've had this nightmare where I'm part of a cult, and they do not allow pants or socks. This would be hilarious, but I wake up without my pajammer pants and woollen socks multiple times a night... And it's just freezing and frustrating. I want to stay warm when I'm ill.
    Do you have a sleeping bag?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

ION: So, for some time I've had this nightmare where I'm part of a cult, and they do not allow pants or socks. This would be hilarious, but I wake up without my pajammer pants and woollen socks multiple times a night... And it's just freezing and frustrating. I want to stay warm when I'm ill.
    Your seasonal avatar is nice, though you look a little raggid (as is clear you are, that dream sounds rough x_x)

I second the opinion of getting a sleeping bag of some sort to stay nice and toasty.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

You guys really think that I haven't learnt to wiggle out of a sleeping bag whilst asleep, and that it doesn't happen every single time I'm confined in one?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #215

You guys really think that I haven't learnt to wiggle out of a sleeping bag whilst asleep, and that it doesn't happen every single time I'm confined in one?
    This is a good point. I don't know how you can keep your pajama pants and socks on then to stay warm then...sorry x_x

Maybe one of those heater blanket things?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

This may be one of the few problems that actually can be solved by duct tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Lies and slander.

Any problem can be solved with duct tape

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is a good point. I don't know how you can keep your pajama pants and socks on then to stay warm then...sorry x_x

Maybe one of those heater blanket things?
    She could sleep in the sauna.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    If we take the boiling point of Nickel at 42 atmospheres, divide by the speed of light, divide again by the gravitational acceleration of Saturn, divide yet again by the square of the average mass of an African Elephant, and multiply by seven Martian years, what is the result in Kelvins per square newton?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    If you give me all the constants, sure. There is no way in hell I remember enough fluids stuff to work out the nickel one, though, and I don't really feel like looking the others up.
    I just thought one of them would end up being zero and the answer was lolzero so I did not try to look anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So last night I came home to my two housemates decorating a huge Christmas tree, and with decorations just lying pretty much everywhere. Turns out my one housemate snapped very slightly, and bought a buttload of decorations. And a tree. Which is another nice thing about living with women; I would never have done something like this myself

Some wine might have been involved with the decorating.

We have a very nice photo of my other housemate hugging the finished tree. (She likes Christmas.)

And on the other end of Christmas is this house. Put a candle holder in the window. Turn it on. Done.

But should she use the duct tape sticky side in to keep the pajamas in place or shiny side in to reflect back the body heat?
    Last edited by Taet; 2014-12-02 at 01:48 PM.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

So, it turns out that I have hydronephrosis which means that my kidneys have been accumulating water. Fortunately, it is treatable if they can insert a catheter between the kidneys and the urine bladder. Unfortunately, they have to go in via the penis. More details to follow.

― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Any problem can be solved with duct tape
    Close. Any problem can be solved with duct tape and/or WD-40
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    So, it turns out that I have hydronephrosis which means that my kidneys have been accumulating water. Fortunately, it is treatable if they can insert a catheter between the kidneys and the urine bladder. Unfortunately, they have to go in via the penis. More details to follow.
    God, that does *not* sound pleasant. I wish you the best of luck, though. Hopefully they don't do it painfully. Do you have to be treated multiple times?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

This was going to be my suggestion as well.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

14. - Top - End - #224

I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I just thought one of them would end up being zero and the answer was lolzero so I did not try to look anything up.

But should she use the duct tape sticky side in to keep the pajamas in place or shiny side in to reflect back the body heat?
    But... how... they're all real-world physical values... none of those would even make sense as zero...

Nah, she should get someone to strap her down in the sleeping bag with it, so she can't wriggle out.

Ah, the mechanical engineer's truth. For us, it's solder and branch commands.

..hahahaha
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-12-02 at 03:26 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

That would be one for the WD40.

...I just managed to freak myself out very slightly.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

More details to follow.
    Please don't. Or if you do, spoiler it.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Please don't. Or if you do, spoiler it.
    Seconded. Or make your own thread. *goes back to lurking*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Doesn't your sleeping bag has that cord for shrinking the hole at the opening? And if the lock slides, a knot on the cord just above it should prevent that as well. Of course, I hope you enjoy the life of a juvenile butterfly after that, because it's definitely nothing for claustrophobics...

Also, your avatar makes me read everything you write in a really sleepy-grumpy tone, and it's confusing me to no end!

And on the other end of Christmas is this house. Put a candle holder in the window. Turn it on. Done.
    Turning on? A candle holder?

Okay, I shouldn't act oblivious, since we kind of invented the electrical advent wreath (which isn't a wreath at all, but shush), but live candles is still such a big thing over here that talking about turning on the candle holder still sounds a bit strange to me.

Well, I'll admit that duct tape is silvery (we even call it "silvertejp" in Swedish), but I'll still contest that it's in any way especially shiny.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230

I am going to use a hammer on these stupid stuck screws soon. How much oil do I have to put down them before they get unstuck. I need this needle plate to come off the machine.

And I am saying this so the internet law of complaining happens and they come unstuck just to complain about that I complained. online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, I'll admit that duct tape is silvery (we even call it "silvertejp" in Swedish), but I'll still contest that it's in any way especially shiny.
    I bought duct tape in the end of back to school selling season. Somehow duct tape got to be a big popular decoration thing for backpacks so the duct tape companies make it with neon colors and shiny prints.

Also is there anything to do with electrical tape that is not electrical? I decided to learn to solder instead. But I am going to wait until after Christmas since I think I saw someone pay attention when I said soldering iron and it may be a present.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

I know duck tape makes any color and design, including bacon, but I have not seen duct tape companies make fancy tape.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Turning on? A candle holder?

Okay, I shouldn't act oblivious, since we kind of invented the electrical advent wreath (which isn't a wreath at all, but shush), but live candles is still such a big thing over here that talking about turning on the candle holder still sounds a bit strange to me.

Gonna have to admit you're not alone in finding that strange.

Just use foil tape instead - it's commonly used in ductwork too, so "duct tape" would only be a misnomer on a technicality.

Also is there anything to do with electrical tape that is not electrical? I decided to learn to solder instead. But I am going to wait until after Christmas since I think I saw someone pay attention when I said soldering iron and it may be a present.
    It sticks to wire insulation/plastics well and stretches, so if you need that for something, I suppose you could use it. Wikipedia has this to say on the matter:
    Quote Originally Posted by Non-electrical applications
    As it is easily torn by hand, can be written on, and generally removes from smooth surfaces cleanly, it is useful for a number of other applications such as labelling (including colour-coding) and temporarily attaching objects to one another. It can be torn by hand or cut with tools.
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Spoiler: Spider
    Show
    As wonderful as that image is, some people might find it scary for some reason.* Please spoiler it for their sake.
    *Those people are backwards. It's cute and funny.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

25. - Top - End - #235

That spider is playing the drums. As someone who is a little afraid of spiders even I can enjoy this. Keep on playing that drum, spider friend.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

I know my dad's fishing rods are basically held together with only electrical tape at this point.

It's not super waterproof, so he keeps wrapping more of the stuff on. It's kinda funny actually

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

My cat is working on his squirrel impersonation. He seems to think everything revolves around his stomach. Anyone else have a cat like that?

― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Anybody else feel like they're slowly falling apart?

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Valuable life lesson: Never take the drowsy version of a medicine at 10 am. You see, I ran out of robitussin, so I went to buy some more. There were two rows of boxes, and I didn't think to notice a difference. Turns out I grabbed the nighttime version by mistake.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Valuable life lesson: Never take the drowsy version of a medicine at 10 am. You see, I ran out of robitussin, so I went to buy some more. There were two rows of boxes, and I didn't think to notice a difference. Turns out I grabbed the nighttime version by mistake.
    I never get affected by those kinds of things.

I'd like to say it's because of my superior constitution, but it's more probably a result of the large amounts of coffee I drink