New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Duskblade official spell list expansion

I know that 99% of the duskblade spell list is from Player's Handbook and Player's Handbook II, but I know 2 other books expanded it slightly. One was complete adventurer but I cannot remember what the other one was. Can anyone help me out here?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Duskblade official spell list expansion

All I know of is this Duskblade Handbook, which may be of some use.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

The fact that it doesn't like the complete adventurer spells (which includes swift fly), I doubt it lists the spells from that other book either.

EDIT: Found it, it's the Forge of War, which added a few spells to the list
    Last edited by Dunsparce; 2014-11-28 at 04:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

My notes suggest "The Forge of War" having a few. semiobscure Eberron splatbook

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Forge of War does indeed contain new Duskblade spells: Swift Ready (2nd) and Fracturing Weapon (4th).

Not official, but here is quite an impressive suggested expansion for the Duskblade spell list: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...6&postcount=19

You might also look into other ways to expand your spells known, such as the Bloodline feats from Dragon Compendium, or a dip into a class like Sandshaper.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

There's no chance that Complete Adventurer would add anything to the duskblade spell list, since it was published over a year before PHB2.

On the other hand, it appears that Swift Fly (along with Swift Expeditious Retreat and Swift Invisibility) is in fact on the Duskblade spell list, but it was never added to it: It's included in the original list on page 24 of PHB2. They're not reprinted in that book, but there's a brief note that they appear in the Spell Compendium, as well as saying that they act just like the normal versions, except with a swift casting time and a 1-round duration.

The only books that really could add new spells to the Duskblade list would be Complete Mage, Dragon Magic, or setting-specific books. Not much came out after PHB2, and most of what did dealt with material that would be off-topic for duskblades. And it appears that neither of those books did, so that pretty much just leaves setting books.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics