New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIV: Anything Goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Honestly, if I had to pick a type for Regigigas to be other than Normal I'd go with Grass, just because it has moss on it. Ground might need a bit of a different design, something more earthy. Maybe if it looked like the white was flaking paint on clay?
    The white isn't paint; it is clay. I mean, they are also known as "Legendary Golems" after all...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    The white isn't paint; it is clay. I mean, they are also known as "Legendary Golems" after all...
    Now I'm thinking of a Pokemon flesh golem. Somebody stop this madness!

Or not. We could use another legendary ghost type to counter the seven or so legendary psychics that we have.

Still, it would be a monstrosity to see and would probably add to the plethora of Pokemon creepypastas that we have on the Interwebs.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domino Quartz View Post
    That answers my question, thanks. Damn. I had no idea breeding was so hard.
    Once you have a child with 3 or more good IVs that give you better coverage than the Ditto, that's when you start the inbreeding that would make Oedipus jealous.

Basically keep replacing the breeding pair with better IVd children until you get 5IVs. You can also get 6IVs, but that is exponentially harder and usually isn't necessary.

That should be in the link I PMed, let me know if I forgot to send it, and I'm misremembering.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Firbolg in the Playground

That answers my question, thanks. Damn. I had no idea breeding was so hard.
    It's already way easier than even in gen five. Simple guide:
    1. Get a female parent with the specific ball you want. Tips: If your party lead has Cute Charm, wild Pokémon will be the opposite gender 2/3 of the time regardless of their species' standard gender ratio. Get a male Sylveon, Jigglypuff, Skitty, whatever.
    2. Get a female parent with the desired nature. Tips: A parent with Everstone always passes its nature to the babies. If your party lead has Synchronise, wild Pokémon will always have the same nature as it. (That might be 50%, I forget.) Aim for a Ditto or a male of any species that's in the same egg group as your female parent. Have it hold the Everstone and breed with the female that's in your desired Ball. Once you get a female with the desired nature, she always holds the Everstone while in the daycare.
    3. Add on egg moves. Get a male of whatever species can pass on the move you want. Serebii has good lists; if you scroll down to Egg Moves and hit Details next to a given move it'll show you what viable parents can pass that move down. Breed for a female, then give her the Everstone and have her breed with the next male egg move parent. Once you have a female with whatever egg moves you want, move to IVs.
    4. Start adding in IVs. Have a male parent with some 31s hold the Destiny Knot and breed until you get a female with more 31s than her mother. Then switch the Everstone to her and keep going. Tips: If you're starting with a female with no 31s by the time you got the right ball, nature, and egg moves, you can give the male parent one of the Power items corresponding to a 31 he has to guarantee that the baby will have that 31. I find that if you have more than two 31s between the two parents you may as well starts with Destiny Knot right away.
    5. Watch TV while you're breeding. All that biking back and forth and in circles is super boring.

(If there are any typos, sorry about that; I'm on my phone with its rubbish autocorrect because I still haven't gotten my uncle's wifi working 26 hours after I started working on it--and that's pretty much all I've done for 26 hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Once you have a child with 3 or more good IVs that give you better coverage than the Ditto, that's when you start the inbreeding that would make Oedipus jealous.

Basically keep replacing the breeding pair with better IVd children until you get 5IVs. You can also get 6IVs, but that is exponentially harder and usually isn't necessary.

That should be in the link I PMed, let me know if I forgot to send it, and I'm misremembering.
    I tried drawing a family tree once. I gave up.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay! So, I tried again tonight, with a Power Bracer on the Ditto (perfect IVs in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed) and Destiny Knot on the Garchomp that I evolved from a Gible (perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed). I tried twice, with 5 Gible eggs each time. While most of them had only 3 perfect IVs, a few had 4 perfect IVs, and two had 5 perfect IVs in exactly the stats I wanted (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed)! Unfortunately, though, one of those has a nature that lowers Attack (the other has a neutral nature), and neither has its Hidden Ability (though most of their brothers and sisters do).
    Last edited by Domino Quartz; 2015-05-21 at 03:05 AM.
    Spoiler: Out-of-context quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...He would have to stay there permanently (without cake, somehow not breathing) for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Maybe Blackwing is a Schrödinger's familiar.
    Any given member of the Order needs to do a quantum measurement to see if they remember him

Azurite Name Inspirations
    Rich is a better writer than that!
    Free speech?

6. - Top - End - #1086

ElfRangerGuy

Well, the first breeding projects will be the hardest. Once you have your 5IV gible, a male can be used as a father for other dragon projects (gible/garchomp may be in the monster group too, I'm not sure about that), and save you the first stages.
    Also, remember that if you're using a non-HA female, the offspring won't have the HA, no matter what the father has. If she does, HA babies are more probable than non-HA ones, but they'll still happen.

I'd also suggest you follow noparlpf's advice:
    1- desired ball (this is purely for aesthetic reasons, unless you're breeding riolus/pichus, which you need to evolve before breeding, and a luxury ball helps with that; even then shoving a few friendship berries down their throats works just as fine)
    2 - nature (find a compatible male with the desired nature, stick an everstone, send him to the day care),
    3 - egg moves
    4 - IVs.
    You could save some time asking for a well bred pokemon in here, as I'm sure someone will have it, too.

Pokemon Y(Afo) an Alpha Sapphire (Al)
    Friend Code: 4656-7012-2957
    Friend safari: lilipup, loudred, ditto
    Available pokemon for trade: Follow the link.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Okay! So, I tried again tonight, with a Power Bracer on the Ditto (perfect IVs in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed) and Destiny Knot on the Garchomp that I evolved from a Gible (perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed). I tried twice, with 5 Gible eggs each time. While most of them had only 3 perfect IVs, a few had 4 perfect IVs, and two had 5 perfect IVs in exactly the stats I wanted (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed)! Unfortunately, though, one of those has a nature that lowers Attack (the other has a neutral nature), and neither has its Hidden Ability (though most of their brothers and sisters do).
    The Gible I gave you should have the correct nature, so make sure to make it hold the Everstone. Getting random natures can make it a lot harder.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elhann View Post
    Well, the first breeding projects will be the hardest. Once you have your 5IV gible, a male can be used as a father for other dragon projects (gible/garchomp may be in the monster group too, I'm not sure about that), and save you the first stages.
    Also, remember that if you're using a non-HA female, the offspring won't have the HA, no matter what the father has. If she does, HA babies are more probable than non-HA ones, but they'll still happen.

I'd also suggest you follow noparlpf's advice:
    1- desired ball (this is purely for aesthetic reasons, unless you're breeding riolus/pichus, which you need to evolve before breeding, and a luxury ball helps with that; even then shoving a few friendship berries down their throats works just as fine)
    2 - nature (find a compatible male with the desired nature, stick an everstone, send him to the day care),
    3 - egg moves
    4 - IVs.
    You could save some time asking for a well bred pokemon in here, as I'm sure someone will have it, too.
    I believe fathers can pass on hidden abilities in gen 6, it's just less likely than the mother (and if you have both, it uses just the mother's higher chance). Just as a small correction.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    I believe fathers can pass on hidden abilities in gen 6, it's just less likely than the mother (and if you have both, it uses just the mother's higher chance). Just as a small correction.
    Fathers can only pass on HAs if they breed with a Ditto.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

10. - Top - End - #1090

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    If the mother has HA then it's 60/40 or 60/20/20. (For normal ability, it's 80/20 or 80/10/10.)
    The only time the father's ability ever matters is when you breed a male with a Ditto, in which case it's 60/40 or 60/20/20, but then you can't pass fancy balls down.
    Jude P.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    If the mother has HA then it's 60/40 or 60/20/20. (For normal ability, it's 80/20 or 80/10/10.)
    The only time the father's ability ever matters is when you breed a male with a Ditto, in which case it's 60/40 or 60/20/20, but then you can't pass fancy balls down.
    How exactly do Pokeballs get passed down? Are they organic? Are they inside the egg and develop along with the baby Pokemon?

05107-66614
    62592-54117

12. - Top - End - #1092

How exactly do Pokeballs get passed down? Are they organic? Are they inside the egg and develop along with the baby Pokemon?
    I always assumed (and the old anime confirmed) that the daycare couple just buy generic Pokéballs in bulk and give you one when you come to pick up an egg. Maybe in PokéFrance they're just fancier and use fancy balls? In which case why can't I have one matching the baby's dad? I dunno, man.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #1093

My headcanon is that daycare breeding is, in fact, an arcane supernatural ritual wholly dissimilar from a Pokemon's natural method of reproduction. It's not that the daycare workers don't know where the egg came from, it's that they'd rather not acknowledge it.

Anyway, since the child is basically a mutated, magically-conjured clone of the mother, it can presumably copy the mother's ball as well. The "child" and ball are both initially made of the same ethereal meta-matter, even if they are eventually realized into entirely different substances on the mundane plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    My headcanon is that daycare breeding is, in fact, an arcane supernatural ritual wholly dissimilar from a Pokemon's natural method of reproduction. It's not that the daycare workers don't know where the egg came from, it's that they'd rather not acknowledge it.

Anyway, since the child is basically a mutated, magically-conjured clone of the mother, it can presumably copy the mother's ball as well. The "child" and ball are both initially made of the same ethereal meta-matter, even if they are eventually realized into entirely different substances on the mundane plane.
    So are you of the opinion that the daycare folks are people or mere limbs of an unknowable being extruded into this plane of existence?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the pokeballs transform the Mons into data, so the daycare can really be seen as a sort of bootlegging machine that just copy/pastes the mother and combines her on a coding level with data from the father. Since the mother is cloned, her ball is as well.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

16. - Top - End - #1096

That's a fan nickname, so no they aren't. Regigigas crafted the other three, nobody crafted Regigigas. It's not made of clay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Anybody available to help me trade some items from X to AS? My sister lost my 2DS so I can't do it myself. Why can't Bank just transfer items?

Edit: Never mind, I did it over the GTS. Tedious and annoying, but it only requires one DS.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2015-05-22 at 05:41 PM.
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder which generation, if any, will include Mithril and Titanium as the primary* games of the generation...

*Not a spinoff, remake, or third-entry
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder which generation, if any, will include Mithril and Titanium as the primary* games of the generation...

*Not a spinoff, remake, or third-entry
    Probably none, because one of those doesn't exist, so they don't really fit together. Mithril and Adamant, maybe. But unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Next gen will be Pokemon Riboflavin and Pokemon Cyanocobalamin.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Bugbear in the Playground

People tend to snatch up Scatterbugs, even with weird requests, because they like to collect the Vivillon patterns.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    This seems like it can be used effectively as a way to get tough to get Pokémon, as long as they are only reasonably rare. I don't think it would get legendaries, but you've underestimated the effectiveness of this before me. I want to try this, and see if I am underestimating the attractive powers if a Scatterbug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    It is. Before ORAS were released, the same was true for anything that needed transfers to send up (now, such things do not exist, but I bet you could still get some decent stuff by offering things that are only available on a lucky Mirage Island).
    I started this experiment and it worked. I put a Lv2 scatterbug up for trade on the GTS asking for a zekrom (no other restrictions), and the trade went through. I'm still kinda confused as to how that just happened. (I'm not sure how I would go about getting images of the zekrom, though.) The starting moveset of the zekrom was also kinda weird: Fusion Bolt, Psychic (Why?), Metal Sound Flash Cannon (Maybe reasonable but still, why a special move over steel wing?), and Fly (ummm...). I immediately went to the move deleter and TM case to get some better, and all physical, moves once I saw the odd moveset.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2015-05-25 at 06:03 PM.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    I started this experiment and it worked. I put a Lv2 scatterbug up for trade on the GTS asking for a zekrom (no other restrictions), and the trade went through. I'm still kinda confused as to how that just happened. (I'm not sure how I would go about getting images of the zekrom, though.) The starting moveset of the zekrom was also kinda weird: Fusion Bolt, Psychic (Why?), Metal Sound (Maybe reasonable but still, why a special move over steel wing?), and Fly (ummm...). I immediately went to the move deleter and TM case to get some better, and all physical, moves once I saw the odd moveset.
    You sure it was Metal Sound? Zekrom can't learn that move without le hacks.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Next gen will be Pokemon Riboflavin and Pokemon Cyanocobalamin.
    ...That's even less likely than Mithril and something.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

24. - Top - End - #1104

I mean if they're going to do a vitamin-themed generation it would at least be Pokémon Iron and Zinc.
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Orc in the Playground

...That's even less likely than Mithril and something.
    Wasn't that the joke?

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
    Wasn't that the joke?
    Probably. I can never tell whether people are being serious or not.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Really not a fan of the 6th gen sleep mechanics. Can we please go back to 2-5 turns instead? Even 2-4? This 1-3 nonsense is awful. 75% chance for Sleep Powder to hit, and then it's a 33% chance they wake up on the first turn anyway. That's like a 50% chance it doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2015-05-24 at 03:16 PM.
    Jude P.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

I remember back in the early TCG days, where you'd usually need a coin flip to see if your attack put a pokemon to sleep, and then your opponent would immediately get a coin flip to see if that pokemon woke up. Arceus help you if you wanted to use any attacks that relied on your opponent being asleep, because they got a second wake-up coin flip at the end of their turn.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

29. - Top - End - #1109

Like, okay. Spore with 100% accuracy and no chance to wake up on the first turn might be "OP" or something. But then just don't make that move exist. Stick with Sleep Powder (75%) and Sing (55%), or Yawn (one-turn delay). And have a 2-5 turn effect. They never wake up on the first turn, then like, 40/25/25/10 for turns 2-5.
    Jude P.

30. - Top - End - #1110

But then just don't make that move exist.
    They've literally never done this. You might as well ask for a pokemon to not exist anymore. Spore was supposed to be balanced by being exclusive to slow pokemon (that is, Parasect). It was 100% because the opponent was supposed to have acted before it goes off.