New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Graveyard Reanimated

Technically none of the mentioned outsiders were actually killed just sent back to they're home plane.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

I think you are missing a couple in War and XP's (unless it's me who's missing them. In
    458, a hobgoblin kills a guard and then Nale kills the hobgoblin.

Also in 461, after Miko decapitates Jirix, she kills two other hobgoblins

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by ballabosh View Post
    I think you are missing a couple in War and XP's (unless it's me who's missing them. In
    458, a hobgoblin kills a guard and then Nale kills the hobgoblin.

Also in 461, after Miko decapitates Jirix, she kills two other hobgoblins
    I assume they're lumped under the "Azure City Soldiers" and "Hobgoblin Soldiers" entries, which don't list every specific individual to have died in the battle.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I assume they're lumped under the "Azure City Soldiers" and "Hobgoblin Soldiers" entries, which don't list every specific individual to have died in the battle.
    Yeah I lumped a lot of those together. There were so many nameless interchangeable deaths going on! I thought about going into more detail a few times, but it seemed like a lot of work.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

OK, works for me.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nitpick: technically, is wasn't a "sand" elemental that was summoned by Redcloak, but a Silicon elemental (as shown by the "Si" atomic number).

Also, we now know that Tarquin's catgirl ally is called Jacinda, so the entry for the Wealthy Man and Amabassador Gourntonk can be corrected to specify their killer.

Also also, it's missing the Large Hellhound in-between Yukyuk and Durkon. Killed by Belkar and Mr. Scruffy triggering a trap.

Finally, there's a mention that Bloodfeast is a Tyrannosaurus, which is wrong; he's an Allosaurus.
    Last edited by St Fan; 2015-02-07 at 04:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by St Fan View Post
    Nitpick: technically, is wasn't a "sand" elemental that was summoned by Redcloak, but a Silicon elemental (as shown by the "Si" atomic number).

Also also, it's missing the Large Hellhound in-between Yukyuk and Durkon. Killed by Belkar and Mr. Scruffy triggering a trap.

Finally, there's a mention that Bloodfeast is a Tyrannosaurus, which is wrong; he's an Allosaurus.
    Updated these.

Quote Originally Posted by St Fan View Post
    Also, we now know that Tarquin's catgirl ally is called Jacinda, so the entry for the Wealthy Man and Amabassador Gourntonk can be corrected to specify their killer.
    However, I felt this was ultimately more of a stylistic thing than anything else, so I left it alone.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Are you planning to add also "external" materials (Start of Darkness and similar)?

edit: nah, it appears it's already included into "Before Dungeon Crawlin' Fools"
    Gygax Magazine, then?
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2015-02-09 at 07:17 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Gygax Magazine, then?
    I don't get Gygax Magazine, so it'd be kind of difficult.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wooo! Finally some deaths to justify creating a Book 6 section!

...Er, I mean, what a senseless waste of humanoid life. RIP, unnamed gnomes and orcs.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

-"Before the Western Continent" should be changed to "Before BRitF", no?
    -Malack's offspring and Lord Tyrinar should be in "Before Dungeon Crawlin' Fools" as it's pretty clear that all that happened before the OOTS met the LG
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Good points. Updated.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, I've been putting the Kickstarter Bonus PDFs in their own section up until this point, but I'm not sure if I should do that with the Therkla story, since it's so closely integrated with the events of the online comic.

Spoiler: Spoiler Alert
    Show
    Specifically, I mean the way it goes into more detail about Sangwaan's death.

On the other hand, I don't want to spoil it for people who didn't do the Kickstarter, since Rich has said they'll all be made public eventually. Thoughts (from those who've read it)?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Perhaps you could do nested spoilers indicating where the kickstarter info begins?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Perhaps you could do nested spoilers indicating where the kickstarter info begins?
    The problem is that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sangwaan appearing at all is kind of a spoiler - and I'd have to change her whole entry, since she gets new last words (and confirmation that it was the fall that killed her, not the dragon.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess just naming the spoiler box "Kickstarter," therefore it doesn't spoil which Kickstarter-original story she appears in.

Or maybe make a whole section for Kickstarter deaths, including the non-canon deaths in Haleo and Julelan?
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess just naming the spoiler box "Kickstarter," therefore it doesn't spoil which Kickstarter-original story she appears in.

Or maybe make a whole section for Kickstarter deaths, including the non-canon deaths in Haleo and Julelan?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's already the case. The problem is that Sangwaan is currently listed under the W&XP section (where she should be), yet the extra information in "Spoiler Alert" should also be integrated into her entry.

I'm leaning towards just going ahead and putting this one under W&XP and never mind the spoilers, though,
    Spoiler
    Show
    especially since there's only one other character death.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-02-19 at 10:18 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Finally updated for "Spoiler Alert".

Spoiler: Spoiler Alert
    Show
    In the end I split the difference: I updated Sangwaan's entry under W&XP to include the new information from the PDF, and I put Kohaku under the Kickstarter bonus stories section.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Added Bozzok.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

With this mini-arc coming close to resolution, theres a possibility for Crystal's destruction. If that happens, will she be counted as having died a second time, or does the fact that she is technically not alive now get in the way of that?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    With this mini-arc coming close to resolution, theres a possibility for Crystal's destruction. If that happens, will she be counted as having died a second time, or does the fact that she is technically not alive now get in the way of that?
    I'll probably list it back under her original death.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Imp

I'll probably list it back under her original death.
    That's what I always did. One entry per person, no matter how many times they died, got resurrected, reanimated, or destroyed.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't Malack a Yuan-Ti, not a Lizardfolk?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by An Enemy Spy View Post
    Isn't Malack a Yuan-Ti, not a Lizardfolk?
    Not explicitly. We don't know exactly what he was, but unless a definite answer is provided, I'm going to just take him at his word when he says he's a lizardfolk.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Updated with Crystal's final fate. Not sure if I should change her last words or not.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Updated with Crystal's final fate. Not sure if I should change her last words or not.
    Maybe include the final words of both incarnations?
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Question: Why do Roy and Golem Roy get different entries, but Crystal and Golem Crystal do not?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    Question: Why do Roy and Golem Roy get different entries, but Crystal and Golem Crystal do not?
    As I recall, "standard" golems - like Golem Roy - are powered by an Earth Elemental bound to the creator's will, while Crystal is explicitly a special case (in that her own soul is doing the powering).

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    As I recall, "standard" golems - like Golem Roy - are powered by an Earth Elemental bound to the creator's will, while Crystal is explicitly a special case (in that her own soul is doing the powering).
    Correct. I can't speak for why Fawkes originally did things this way, but the way I personally see it is that Roy and Golem Roy should have separate entries because they're technically separate entities. Crystal is not.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Imp

Correct. I can't speak for why Fawkes originally did things this way, but the way I personally see it is that Roy and Golem Roy should have separate entries because they're technically separate entities. Crystal is not.
    Yeah, that's why.
    Show
    Then don't look close.