New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

Dekar

Dekar goes a bit pale as the situation begins to unfold. Well, that didn't go as planned.

Dekar dashes forward for a few meters and draws his ELG-3A before dropping to a kneel right in front of S2. If the Selonian is still standing, Dekar tries to blast him with a stun shot. If not, he shoots S4 instead.

{{Move to R10, fire a Point-blank blaster shot at a Selonian thug: (1d20+6=11), Fort DC 17.}}

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Bang Bang

Captain Jon opens up with his rotary blaster on the nearby Selonian(S2) turning him into a nearby corpse. The Selonian takes a direct his and collapses to the ground his hold-out blaster landing nearby{T11}.

Dekar follows suit, clicking off two stun rounds at the Selonian(S4) nearest to the one Jon gunned down. His aim was true and the Selonian was unable to resist the power of his blaster. The Selonian dropped his blaster and then collapsed, falling into the nearby building and then slumping over, landing directly on his own blaster.

Partak quickly turns and stuns the adjacent Selonian(S8). The Selonian doesn't even have time to reach before the power of Partak's weapon overpowers him. He collapses unconscious landing in a strange position which almost makes his leg look broken.

The startled Selonian(S1) flips back over and crawls into the nearby doorway{V14} and struggles to make it open while screaming, "Help! Let me in! Help! Oh oh, please don't kill me. Help!"

The Selonian(S6) which tripped over him(S1) gets up to a kneeling position and after taking cover behind a nearby crate, fires his blaster pistol at Dross. The shot hits the ground in front of Captain Jon instead leaving a blackened burn mark.

The Selonian across from Partak steps back into the doorway{Z14} and presses himself up against the wall for cover and fires his blaster at Partak. Luckily for Partak the shot misses, impact the door behind him.

Dross turns his attention from fallen Selonians to the one Selonian nearby who is shooting at him. Unfortunately, his shot impacts the crate which the Selonian(S6) is hiding behind.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative Order :
    Jon
    Dekar
    Partak
    S2 (KO from wounds)
    S1 (fleeing)
    S6
    S7
    S8 (KO for 1d4+1 rounds)
    S4 (KO for 1d4+1 rounds)
    Dross

KO/Dead Selonians now called B2, B4, B8

Map
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Osik! exclaims Jon as the missed shot slammed into the ground in front of him, Jon then quickly moves to T-11 to get a better angle to shot at the Selonian(S6) and again opens fire.

Attack: (1d20, 1d20=[9], [15])
    Damage: (3d8+3=16, 3d8+3=18)
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-06-12 at 09:21 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar sprints across the alley, past the two dropped Selonians, and presses his back against the wall opposite Partak.

{{Double move to X13.}}

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

The Gotal steps out into the street, and fires a stun blast at a Selonian.

(Moving to Z-12, firing at S-7 (Z-14))
    Attack: (1d20+4)[8]
    Fortitude DC: 18

6. - Top - End - #276
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Dross

Dross makes his way to the nothern wall. Switching his blaster to stun, he turns to target the Selonian that shot at him.

Move to V-10
    Attack on S6 - (1d20+3)[18]
    Stun Fort: 17

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Ranger Danger

Captain Helkin circles left and opens up with his cannon cutting down the Selonian which had taken cover behind a nearby crate. His blasts burning the poor citizen(S6), leaving spots of blackened clothes, hair, and flesh in its wake.

Dekar steers clear of Jon's line of fire, hopping over two bodies and moving up near the building entrance Partak was guarding. As Dekar arrives Partak moves up to get within range to stun the Selonian but manages to miss. The Selonian(S7) takes advantage of the situation and fires at Partak while he's in the open. Partak reacts quickly and rolls with the blast, as a result he is merely singed by it.

Dross circles around the his focus on the Selonian Captain Helkin gunned down. At the last moment his switches targets to fired the new threat(S7), but finds himself out of 'stun range' and holds his fire.

The fleeing Selonian(S1) managed to get the residential door open and flees into the building, the door shutting behind him with a woosh.

Spoiler
    Show

Partak takes 10VP damage from the blast.
    Max range on stun = 4 meters.

Map
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #278

Once Jon is certain that the Selonian(S6) is down and out, Jon quickly bends down and retrieves the hold-out blaster that Selonian(b2) dropped in (T11) before moving on into (X-12) Jon then Calls out, You have a choice surrender or die like the rest of your friends, but know we did not want it to go down like this, all you had to do is give us the kid or the items he stole and we would have left quietly!
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-06-15 at 10:01 AM. Reason: ADDED IN DILOG

Character links

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar walks next to the only Selonian remaining and fires at him.

{{Move to Y13 and fire yet another pont-blank blaster shot at a Selonian thug: (1d20+6=13), Fort DC 17.}}

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Bang Bang Bang

Jon takes a moment to admire the bloody holds he put into the Selonian and then, after grabbing the a blaster off the ground, moves up to negotiate surrender with the remaining Selonian, "You have a choice surrender or die like the rest of your friends, but know we did not want it to go down like this, all you had to do is give us the kid or the items he stole and we would have left quietly!"

Dekar also moves up and fires again at the remaining Selonian who only manages not to be hit because of the corner of the building he is hiding behind. Partak also fires at him but his shot wasn't even close. The Selonian fires a round back at Partak, which also misses, and calls out, "Look. Wait. Stop shooting. Take the kid, whatever, just let me go. You got the wrong kid anyway, he never stole anything."

Dross, not wanting to interfere with the negotiations, and not wanting to get shot in the back, pans back and forth covering the stunned and unconscious Selonians.

Map

11. - Top - End - #281

Fine then throw out your weapon and come out slowly with your hand where we can see them, then i want you to explain to me why you say the kid didn't steal anything. Says Jon
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-06-18 at 08:03 PM.

Character links

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Hold your fire!" Partak calls back to his companions, and approaches the Selonian. "Explain yourself -- starting from the beginning."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar glances at Partak, shrugs, and slips his blaster back into its holster. He joins Dross in watching over the unconscious Selonians and starts disarming them. If he happens to find a decent vibrodagger or -blade, he "confiscates" it.

{{Take 10 on any Search checks, for a grand total of... 12.}}

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick 6x2

The Selonian flips is blaster over and grabs the business end holding it in the air above his head. He remains tucked into the corner giving him as much cover as possible, although Partak has a clear shot.

The Selonian begins speaking using slow and deliberate speech, "That boy that ran in here before you was Klemus' son. When his father was killed last month, the boy was left with credit-a-plenty. He isn't the type to be stealing and we would tolerate that behavior. The clan is looking after him now, till he's of age. What is it that you think he stole?"

Dekar and Dross disarm the unconscious Selonians, recovering a Merr-Sonn "Quick 6" sporting blaster, two Czerka 411 hold-out blasters, and a Sorosuub ELG-3A blaster pistol. Jon picked up another "Quick 6" earlier. None have blades on them, but two carry repair tool kits(one for basic electronics and one for ground vehicles).

15. - Top - End - #285

We don't Know the kid came running out of the shop clutching something, he ran in to me as i was entering and did not slow down to say sorry, Tell the truth i was going to just let him go, but Partak and Dross took off after him when i got done in the shop i saw that Partak and Dross were not back yet, but you know the rest. Says Jon
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-06-19 at 07:05 PM.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

"I would also like to stress that Dross and I came here hoping only to ask the boy some questions -- we did not intend to shoot anyone, and I'm sure that whatever Jon may have done" (he flashes an angry glance at Jon here) "was purely accidental, as he happened on the scene to see us being shot at by your people.
    I am very sorry if anyone was harmed unneccessarily, and I can assure you that we have no ill intentions here. What has just transpired was tragic and unneccessary, but it was not an outcome of our choosing."

17. - Top - End - #287

GnomePirate

Dross

"Well, if he hadn't bolted out from the store the way he did and fit the 'description' this could have been avoided." Dross speaks up, "We are new this planet and have limited resources; because of this, we have to go on instincts especially when tracking a potential target. The same instincts that provoked your people to use force to defend their territory. After all, they fired first."

"Now, tell us the boy's name. So we can go about our business," Dross demands.

(( Diplomacy - (1d20+3)[21] ))

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The Selonian listens and almost interrupt several times but holds his tongue till Partak and Dross finish. Then he says, "Seyica wouldn't have fired if you hadn't scared him like that. He didn't even have his weapon pointed at anyone. Of course, once the shooting starts.. " His voice trails off then the Selonian takes a deep breath, sighs, and then continues, "The boys name is Klertyl. I don't know why he ran from the store, I have not spoken with him and I don't know what was going on there at the time. Was the shopkeeper upset or yelling at him?"

With the end of the shooting you can see several dozen heads sticking out of various windows, doorways and alleys up and down the street.

The Selonian adds, "The elders will speak with Klertyl and if he is indeed a thief we will turn him over. Our clan is above such petty crimes, the boy should have learned that by now." The Selonian notices the activity on the street and says, "If you truly wish to leave in peace, you should do so soon."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Very well. Please offer our sincere regrets to those injured in this regrettable course of events, and if you need any medical assistance we will provide it. We wish only the best for you and your clan, and we will leave at once." Partak gives the Selonian his commlink frequency, and leaves immediately, motioning for the others to follow him.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar shifts through the Selonians' gear, occasionally picking up something to look at it closely. When Partak turns to walk away, the twi'lek stands up and leaves the stuff where it lies. "I... know it's not enough, but I'm sorry," he says to the Selonian as he passes the doorway. Then he clenches his jaw shut and walks after Partak.

21. - Top - End - #291

GnomePirate

Dross

With the new information from the old selonian, Dross grimaces in disappointment. "Well then," the smaller twi'lek says, "that small street fight was for nothing, and many were injured for nothing." After sliding his blaster back into its holster, Dross follows the others but glances back every now and then to make sure the selonians hold their ground.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Afternoon of the Walking Dead

The Selonian nods and accepts the frequency and the regrets of the team. The four bounty hunters slowly leave the field of battle and three of the four fallen Selonians rise from the blaster induced slumber.

People begin to come out of their homes to see what has happened and the last Selonian standing, the one the team negotiated with, stepped out into the middle of the street to interpose himself between the crowd and the bounty hunters.

{{
    Did anyone take weapons? Did you put them down?
    }}

23. - Top - End - #293

Again I'm sorry something like this happened. Says Jon, Before Jon turns to leave He hands the Selonian the hold-out blaster he picked up earlier, this belong to one of your people. Jon then leaves with the other.

Character links

24. - Top - End - #294

GnomePirate

Dross

Dross makes sure to return the selonians their weapons, of course he returns them with the power packs removed.

After leaving Grandus territory, the twi'lek checks his wristcom datapad. Looking over the Imperial bounty list, Dross asks, "Who should we target first? I think it should be someone within this city, less travel after all. There are only three targets here in Palaptine City."

25. - Top - End - #295

Jon takes a quick look at the list as they walk back, finally he say, we should probably go after, Eebanee Della for 1200cr, being he's listed as a Separatist we should probably offer him the chance to go work for ate other benefactors, and if he refuses we can kill him and collect the bounty on him.

Character links

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Agreed. Where shall we start?"

27. - Top - End - #297

I think we should try some of the local Canteen's, we might get some good leads there and some Intel on the local situation. but first we better find the others of are party.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-06-24 at 12:59 AM.

Character links

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Meet the Meat

The two Twi'leks, one Gotal, and the Human make their way back to where the group split up. The group continues to get strange and somewhat fearful looks from the local populous.

Without too much difficultly they find Caeda assisted by 3D-4N with Byalid walking along behind them. Obviously, searching a city for Bars or Canteen is going to be a fruitful search, however, you've already walked past several with 3D-4N can no doubt elaborate upon, although he has no idea of the "bounty hunter's" plan to hunt down a particular Ortolan named Eebanee Della.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-24 at 05:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

"I assume by the lack of a prisoner that you either failed to find him, failed to apprehend him, or he proved innocent. Which was it?" 4N asks by way of greeting.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #300

Innocent, but we also had a small incident while trying to ascertain that.says Jon

Character links