New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

The Core

Partak and Dekar walk into the bar. Sitting on a stool just inside near an office door is an old Ortolan male watching a news feed on a portable viewer. He looks up as they approach, checks the time, frowns, and says, "Go on in. No cover for another 30 minutes."

Proceeding a little further in, there is a bar on the right side opposite a lavatory, and beyond both a big round room. The room consists of three rings of lounge style seating. Lots of big soft lounge chairs clustered 2 or 3 around a small glass table. The middle ring of seating is about 1.5 meters lower than the outer ring and the inner ring is another 1.5 meters lower than that. The setup almost looks line an arena.

In the center of the room is a lighted dance floor with a couple dancers. At this time of day, the place is mostly empty with less than 10 occupants(including the employees).

Other than the dancers, there are a pair of Ortolan men sitting, drinking and watching. In the back corner, you can barely make out another figure(G). Several of the lights in that area of the bar have burnt out. The figure is about 2 meters tall but very wide, maybe 1.5 meters. It is wearing a full hooded cloak and is standing with his back to the wall watching the bar.

While Partak checks out the moods and energy levels in the room Dekar talks to the bartender. She responds to his questions with a half hearted smile and says, "Just trying to stay in business. Import costs have gone through the roof. The Imperial tax levels are much higher than they were a couple months ago." She seems to bite her lip and then blirts out, "And, you bounty hunters always shooting first and asking questions later. Aside from a loss of clientele, the costs to replace furniture and my labor costs going through the roof, I'm getting suck paying medical costs for people injured."

She looks him over and says with a smile, "You want to help? Lose the blaster and go dance. Show us why the Twi'lek are famous dancers across the universe."

Core Map

Bargain Billy

The bartender says, "Sir, I'm afraid my programming does not allow me to learn the names of biologicals. You may want to leave your message on the message board there." He gestures to a section of the wall to the left of the bar with various advertisements and messages pinned up.

Dross walks into the private booth and interjects himself on the card game. The Gamorrean grumbles at the request but before he can explicitly verbalize his feelings, the Imperials say, almost in unison, "Always good to have fresh credits in the game. We are playing a game our friend here, calls 'The Hutt Shuffle'. Pull up a chair."

The Gamorrean shifts uncomfortably in his chair and eyes his vibroaxe, which is leaning against the wall to his side. He almost seems to glare at the woman who then stands, leaning across the table to shake Dross's hand. Her breasts hanging forward for the one Imperial to ogle and leaving her butt nearly in the face of the other Imperial. "My name is 'Hellina'. You here for business or, um, pleasure?", she says with a smile and wink.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thank you billy, Jon collects 8 of 10 of his credit, here's a tip for fast services Jon then head back to the table where the others are and delivers the drinks, Jon then gets a piece of flimsy and wrights his note to Eebanee Della, that we would like to discuss term for a peaceful surrender, Jon also leaves the comm code for the Nerf's Republic. Jon then takes Dross his drink and then Posts his message to Eebanee Della on his way back to the table and the others.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #333
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Dross

As Jon gives Dross the drink, the twi'lek whispers to him, "The Rodian and her friend look like to be the competition. Those two Ortolans with the Selonian are trying to get off planet." His head motions towards the group of three by the entrance. "Now those two," he raises his lekku slightly to discreetly point at the two Ortolans alone in the northern booth, "are unnaturally quiet. It makes me a bit nervous. You'll need a mind reader to figure out what they're up to." He then smiles thanking Jon for the drink and says in loud, boisterous voice, "Thanks boss, now I can really enjoy taking this lot's money."

"Now love, to answer your question. I'm here for both," he responds to Hellina's question. "The 'Hutt's Shuffel' eh? The Nikitos always played this behind closed doors, it always annoyed the old Hutt. You guys mind if I jump in with 200 credits?"

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar almost chokes on his lum, and spends a while trying not to cough and laugh at the same time. "I think I'll be doing you a favor when I say I'll have to refuse that offer," he says after he manages to catch his breath a bit.

"I would also like to point out that I have already asked more questions than shot people." He nods sagely at this and continues: "But let me assure you here and now, that I shall endeavour to refrain from disintegrating any of your clients, unless of course he's really, really asking for it.! Dekar takes a sip from his glass and looks around. "I take you get bounty hunters pretty often?"

5. - Top - End - #335

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The Miralukan sits down at a table with 3D-4N nearby, and saves a spot for Jon next to her. When her returns, she iniates a quite conversation, still sticking to her cover story...she didn't want to risk being found out, because of some wiretaps or audiodetectors. "How did it go, dear?"
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

6. - Top - End - #336

the droid barkeep was not much of a help but he did sagest that i leave a message on the message board will have to wait and see if this Eebanee Della is a resanable being, Dross has found out, that The Rodian and her friend look like to be the competition that here at the moment, and that there is a pair of Ortolans with a Selonian that are trying to get off planet, thou in the northern booth there are Two Ortolans that are unnaturally quiet. and that makes him a bit nervous. he also said we'll need a mind reader to figure out what they're up too, Replies Jon in hushed tones

Character links

7. - Top - End - #337

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

"I'm not that good Jon..." Caeda replies quietly. "...but I'll see what I can do."

Slowing her breathing, the Cambion reaches out with the force as if it where a net, and throws it out to catch the emotions of the Ortolans. She couldn't read minds yet, but she could read emotions very well.

Spoiler
    Show

Empathy: (1d20+6)[23]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+5)[21] (+3 Empathy, 24 total)
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-07-08 at 07:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Bargain Billy

{{ No one really said what table you wanted, so I'm assuming it was, say, the one at (B8). }}

While Caeda, Captain Helkin, 3D-4N, and Byalid sit and enjoy the ambiance Dross interjects himself into the private card game in the corner.

Shortly after a Selonian woman arrives and takes a seat at the bar (O9) facing the group. She orders a drink from Billy which turns out to be a tall glass of some yellowish brown liquid, probably some sort of ale.

After serving her, 'Billy' makes his way around the bar, collecting glasses and debris left on the various tables. When he stops by your table he leaves a holocard in front of 3D-4N. The card bears the logo and address of R5, "Ratchett Randy's 'Roid Repair and Refurbishing", your one stop source for all repairs and upgrades.

The Hutt Shuffle

One of the imperials answers, "200's fine", he says with a smile. The other imperial adds, with a nod to the first, "Of course, there is a limit of 25 per hand. Can't have you bidding anyone out, that wouldn't be fair."

At that, the woman leans into the Imperial and give his arm a friendly squeeze.

The Gamorrean growls and grunts something, which the woman kindly translates, "My friend here doesn't speak Basic, but he can understand you just fine. He says 'The only reason the Hutts would be mad is that you left them out of the game. They are the masters of this game.'"

The Imperial across from the woman turns to the Gamorrean and says, "How true, it does seem to play into their strengths. Say, do you get out to Hutt Space much?"

The Gamorrean starts to grunt out another response when the woman interrupts and answers for him, "No our trade routes don't intersect Hutt Space." Before anyone else can ask her a question she starts dealing the cards, speaking to Dross as she does, asking, "So, what business brings you to this system?"

The Core

The bartender frowns at the refusal and after looking around says, "Anything is better than watching those Ortolan dance. Their stubbly little legs and short arms, man they've got no moves."

She eyes the Gotal and says, "Now-a-days, we pretty much assume anyone that isn't Ortolan, Selonian, or Imperial is a Bounty Hunter. I hear its been hard on those few misfits that were here before the Imperials came in to lock down the system."

She steps back so no one else can see her and she tips her head to the back corner of the bar, the dark area, and says, "I expect that big feller is one of you bounty hunters. Every time I repair them lights they get accidentally broken again, so I've stopped trying."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #339

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The Miraluka smiles slightly and turns back to Jon. "To them I will join, I think. Don't fear, but stay here, watch carefully, and hold on to this." With that, she unbuckles the armored part of her robes, and hands them to Jon. Then turning to 4N, she adds. "Please stay...I do not need you for this...Not yet."

Then rising, Caeda calmly makes her way to the Ortolons, attempting to make herself seem as open and nonthreatening as possible. What she was about to do, she had little practice in, having been a padawan during a time of war...yet, knowing what she had felt, the obligation to follow through with it was overpowering.

She would have to let the force guide her.

"Hello..." Caeda says as she approaches the booth. "...my name is Caeda Trayus, might I join you two?"

No deception...even if only brief, it felt good.

((*crosses fingers*))
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340

Jon acceptes Caeda things from her, before she leaves to go talk Jon leans close and whispers in her ear, Force be with you Caeda Trayus. Jon then positions himself so he can keep and eye on Caeda and should she need help He would be Able to go to her aid.

Character links

11. - Top - End - #341

GnomePirate

Dross
    Hearing the Gamorrean's remark, Dross only laughs. "That may be true, my big friend, but my old boss was a bit of a sore loser. Well love," switching to Hellina, "right now I'm into the information business. You see, I'm with some folks, and they're looking for an old, Ortolan friend. I see no reason to beat around the bush, so I'll ask you straight up. Have any of you heard of Eebanee Della?"

The twi'lek smiles as he places a 50 credit bid on the current hand. A rather, unique idea pops into Dross's mind, and he decides to act upon it. He tries his best to lose and hide it, hopefully this will calm any potential tension.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hutt Shuffle

At Dross' attempt to place a 50 credit bet, one of the Imperials says to the other, "See." That Imperial waves Dross off and says slowly, "Please. We said a 25 credit maximum per hand."

At the question about the Ortolan, the Imperials kind of frown at Dross and then one says, "What is that one of the.. um.. locals?"

The woman provides a 25 credit bet and after a glance from the woman, the Gamorrean provides only 4 credits. After he bets the woman turns to Dross and says, "Della? We dealt with a Della here once. That is one of the more prosperous families on Sneeve, so you'll need a bit of luck to locate him." The Gamorrean nods at what she says. She shrugs and then fully answers the question, "Anyway, we dealt with Oodo Della. I've never heard of Eebanee."

Mind Probe

As Caeda approaches the Ortolan pair, they stop their discussion again. When she asks if she can join them, one of them stutters and stammers while shaking his head no. The other places a comforting hand on his shoulder and says, "Yes. What can we do for you?"

They both lean in to get a good look at you and the talkative one says, "Are you lost? Do you need a guide?"

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"I expect that big feller is one of you bounty hunters. Every time I repair them lights they get accidentally broken again, so I've stopped trying."

"What, he keeps breaking the lights? How long has he sat there, anyway?" Dekar asks with an amused grin.
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2007-08-02 at 06:27 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

The Core

The bartender shrugs and says, "No one has ever seen him break the lights. It just keeps happening, even on nights when he isn't here."

The woman shrugs again and says, "So, what's up with you and your furry friend? Who y'all looking for? Can I get a cut if you catch them?"

A Selonian woman in a slinky outfit walks into the bar, past the counter and waves at the bartender who says, "Afternoon Siymusa." She then turns back to Dekar and says, "You know... we could get you a partner for that dance."

15. - Top - End - #345

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

Are you lost? The question runs through Caeda's head and hits a nerve within her heart. She shoves it into the back of her subconscious though, for it would do her no good now to dwell on it.

She offers a smile and bows slightly. "Thank you, but I am rarely in need of a guide. It is also, not of my benefit which brings me to this table...but both of your's. Your friend's urgency and anxiety is filling the room, and I could not help but to wonder for the cause. So, I wish to offer assistance...which I will admit to a stranger, these days, is an act rarely given and may even seem outlandish."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Mind Probe

The agitated Ortolan simply glares at Caeda and crinkles his long nose. The other Ortolan takes a deep breathe and says, "What sort of services do you mean to offer? Not meaning any disrespect, but what is it that you can do that you think we might want done? I mean.." he kind of trails off and shrugs.

The silent Ortolan finally speaks and says, "I need protection for my family. My wife, my children, my mother. My job has made me some enemies which might seek to hurt them or to use them to get to me."

The other Ortolan says, "Good Nab, good" and pats the other Ortolan on the shoulder. He turns to the Caeda and says, "Well, what do you think? Will you help him help his family?"

17. - Top - End - #347

GnomePirate

Dross

"You don't want to lose your pay that quick?" Dross questions the Imperial with a wink.

The Twi'lek's attention focuses back on Hellina. "Oodo Della? I wonder if he's of any relation to Eebanee. Do you know if it would be possible to get into contact with Oodo?" Dross asks while still playing the game.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Pick a card... any card...

The woman slowly shakes her head and says, "Sadly, old Oodo was...", she pauses with a slight glance at the Imperials before continuing, "was.. well, he died."

Despite Dross' best efforts he actually has lady luck on his side. Dross and one of the Imperials have the two high hands and get a portion of the pot. The other Imperial gets to keep his initial bet while the woman and the Gamorrean lose their entire bets.

The woman frowns and deals again. While doing so, one of the Imperials asks, "You have your own ship? Run into any trouble with pirates this far out?", although its not clear to whom he speaks as he is looking the other Imperial directly in the face.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"You know... we could get you a partner for that dance."

"Sorry. I wasted my youth racing swoops, never had time for the arts," Dekar says.

The twi'lek takes a drink before continuing. "I could part with a few credits if you can help us. The target's one Eebanee Della, heard of him?"
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2007-08-02 at 06:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350

GnomePirate

Dross

"Dead? Well that is too bad. It might have been useful to meet him." Dross glances up from his hand to look at Hellina. Something about the Oortolan disturbs her. The Twi'lek could only guess what that is.

After winning with the hand with the Imperial, Dross blurts out to the Gamorrean, "bad luck there friend."

Dross unsure who the Imperial is asking responds with his own question, "Who me? No, I don't have a ship.... just with some friends that do, and I can't say I have seen any pirates. Didn't think they would have much business in these parts. Say Hellina, do you know of any Della family members in this city?"

21. - Top - End - #351

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The Miraluka nods thoughtfully, and then sits down slowly at the table. "It can be done, yes...but, who or what do they need protection from, and what of yourself?

"If you need protection, then I need to know what to protect against, and why...more then just an aura of emotion. Knowledge after all, is as always, the first line of defence and offence...and also a great tool to minimize or even eliminate, unesscery bloodshed and violence, as well as to focus and hone the defense around your family and yourself."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

4N focuses his audio sensors on Caeda's conversation surreptitiously, glancing over the holocard Bargain Billy had left on the table. He asks in a low tone, both to prevent it from carrying and so that it does not interfere with his eavesdropping, "Captain Helkin, does the data card contain holographs of the people we are looking for?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+2)[18].
    Do we have holographs of the people?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #353

No its just a list of names location and prices, if we want pictures we may have to do a Data Reid of the imperial data bank to see what they have. Whispers Jon

Character links

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

"Not something that I am particularly eager to do," he says dryly, still in a low tone. "It is possible that they will provide some if asked." He makes a note to do that at some point. Asking about an Ortolan of a specific appearance was less suspicious than asking about an Ortolan of a specific name. And it was far more likely that droids would remember seeing him than that they would remember the name.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Mind Probe

The Ortolan seems stuck, weighed down with indecision.

The friend gives the reluctant Ortolan a squeeze on the shoulder and says, "Maybe its time to face up to what you've gotten yourself into."

The quiet one nods and replies, "I know, its just, well, its one thing to know it/do it and another speak about such things."

Both Ortolan scan the bar with their vision focusing finally on the armed couple near the door. Speaking softly, he says, "My family needs protection from the systemic invaders. The new face of the republic seeks me and I fear will attempt to use my family against me."

The Ortolan pauses, attempting to read Caeda's face before he continues, "The more I succeed, the more desparate my situation becomes."

The Core

The bartender furrows her brow a bit and then says, "Well, I can't say as I know that one. By the name, he's obviously a Ortolan. Della's a popular family name so you're apt to run into quite a few of them."

She glances around and then smooths the fur along her neck and says, "I recall hearing something about 'The Della Ranch'. It was supposed to be thirty forty kilos east of here along a plateau. I think they've domesticated, or nearly so, some indigenous beast called a Craggrat. Sort of like a 2 meter long freighter rat."

With a shrug, she says, "You might try there. Sorry."

Captain's Chair

The holocard seems to be a standard sort of business card. Its unclear if Billy has been programmed to hand them out to all droids. Maybe its a silent commentary on 3D-4N's state of repair or maybe its a hint of some sort.

3D-4N, after shifting a bit for the best reception finds he can pretty much hear everything being said in the conversation with Caeda. (see above)

The Hutt Shuffle

She deals the cards with a strange look on her face. She seems to be focusing on not looking at Dross while still looking mostly at him. When she sets down the remains of the deck and picks up her own cards she says, "I don't know any Della family members by name."

The Gamorrean flips his cards over and shouts, "Ghump Varl Yumpy". He has managed to play a series of hands which translates to the Varl Restoration. Essentially his moderately good hand, played directly after his horrible loss on the previous hand allows him to automatically win all initial bets.

One of the Imperials hangs his head and the other sighs and says, "Come on.. what are the odds? I've never seen that hand come up."

26. - Top - End - #356

So 3D-4N How is Caeda doing with the those Ortolan. whispers Jon.

Character links

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

4N glances over at Jon, reminding himself to be slightly less obtrusive. "One of them is rather worried about his family. I gather she is offering protection." He muses over what they might do. Depending on who it was that was after this Ortolan's family, it might be of interest to them.

28. - Top - End - #358

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

"The face of the new republic...systemic invaders..." Caeda says leaning forward and lowering her voice. "You speak of the Empire, yes? A solution I believe I have, but it cannot be spoken of here in the open...you have placed great trust in me so far, by divulging this much truth...but this next part will require a level of trust which even in the days of the old familiar face of the Republic, would be absurd...

"I have a ship, one that we could talk away from any ears...your may come of course, if he wishes it, and you may bring your family immediately...though I do not blame you if you were stop the conversation here, and wish to leave on a separate path. If you are willing, but feel the need for an escort, I have friends who can accomplish this task with prodigious skill, though I doubt any conflict will come to pass."

She waits, reaching out with her force sight to scan the details on the Ortolon faces.

During her time as a padawan under her adventurerous Jedi Master, she had seen many cultures...studied many species...and though diplomacy was a rare occurance, she had nether the less learned many things about interacting with these species...how they moved...how they thought...which even with her Master's guidance, was a difficult thing to do...her eyeless vision, her prophetic command of the force, and the rarity of her speices all contributed to a rush of arrogance when she was younger...an arrogance that was quickly tempered first by her maverick teacher, then by the Clone Wars, and finally years later, by her rescue from cryogenic timelessness by a young Corellion prospector.

The arrogance was gone and all Caeda felt was empathy...the Jedi where gone, and she was no longer one of them...but she still felt the unshakable urge to help this Ortolan and his family, whether his name was Della or not.

It was the kinda feeling that usually got Caeda and Jon into (and usually out of) trouble...

"Your's is the choice that matters now..." She finishes, falling slightly back on her accented way of speaking.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Mind Probe

The two Ortolan lean back from the table and take several long moments to think and look around the bar.

The quiet Ortolan wrinkles his snout and scratches his ear before speaking slowly, "I do not pretend to be ignorant of the fact that there are now two groups on this planet. The hunters and the hunted. I am most assuredly one of the hunted. You.. I am not sure of. Those skilled at hunting scour the planet looking for their prey. Those very skilled at hunting know how to get the prey to come to them willingly."

His squigie blue friend looks back and forth between Caeda and the speaker.

The Ortolan puts his hands flat on the table and continues, "Do you attempt such a ploy? Do you really seek to help? I can not risk my family on such questions, but I will go with you." Nab gestures to his friend and says, "Bepu, will you follow us and take action if I am harmed?"

His friend smiles and nods, adding, "Of course. If things work out, I will also help move your family."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-08-02 at 06:36 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

With a shrug, she says, "You might try there. Sorry."

"Naw, don't be. That's more info than what we had when we came in," Dekar says, finishes off his drink and rises to his feet. "Well, we've got to get moving. We'll check that ranch. If we find anything, you'll be the first to know.
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2007-08-02 at 06:26 AM.