New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

Partak Garvaan

The Gotal continues chatting with Dekar in Huttese:
    Spoiler
    Show

"If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been in this business?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, a couple of years now, I think. Not very long, anyway. Why, does it show?"

As they chat, Dekar tosses his pack on the bed in the cabin next to the Medical Bay.
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2007-04-17 at 03:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EvilWalks View Post
    Caeda Trayus

The miraluka comes up behind Jon and speaks quietly. "How feel you? Not often we play host, especially to some of the least trustworthy people in the universe...people like us...bounty hunters...

"Do we tell truth or keep the lie? Eitherway, what lies? Do we trust, or do we risk caution...What are you thinking, Jon Helkin?"

Jon reply just as softly, excited and scared at the same time but other then that i feel great.

Jon poises for a moment before continuing, I thing for the time being i thing wee should keep up the pretence of a married couple and hide the fact that your a trained jedi, but i think we should think about reveling you non human statues and the fact that your know where near as helpless as you appear to be, before questions are asked.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Later in the day, after 3D-4N has purchased his encrypted commlinks and once everyone has settled on the ship, the maintenance crews switch and the evening crew begins work. Before long Mr. Tommus arrives with several trays of food.

The food is a mix of traditional human dishes and traditional Mon Calamari dishes. The food is intended for the maintenance crews, but there is plenty so that crew can participate if they desire. The maintenance team helps themselves to the food at regular intervals while pressing forward with the installation.

By early evening, they have the compartments made and in place. Quite a few subsystems had wiring and/or conduits which ran through the selected area. Most of those had to be rerouted around the hidden compartment. After another short break for more food, the maintenance crew loaded the scan shielding and cut it to size while Mr. Tommus watched with keen interest.

While installing the first piece Mr. Tommus's commlink signaled. After a very brief and mostly one-sided conversation Mr. Tommus shouts, "We're under attack, everyone out." He motions the maintenance teams out of the cabins and towards the exit. The Oro's Gambit PA system comes on and belches, "Battle Stations! Incoming fighters. Man the weapons."

As Mr. Tommus moves with the maintenance team towards the exit Mr. Tommus yells to Captain Helkin, "Fire up the engines and get out of here. An Imperial light cruiser just jumped in with a couple dozen of those new Tie Fighters on a quick launch rack. The Oro's Gambit is going to stay and hold them off so the rest of the ships can jump. Put the Gambit between you and the Ties and then jump to hyperspace."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

5. - Top - End - #95

Jon had spent most of the day keeping an eye on the work being done to his ship. Jon was just siting down to have a lite dinner just as the workers were starting to set the first piece of the scanner shielding, he had takeing several bites when Mr.Tommus bad news came, Jon jump to his feet and dropped his food, as he said, Frack!!, very well Mr. Tommus good luck, and may the force be with us all! with that Jon dashes to the cockpit and practically jumps in to the pilots cheir, he immediately starts flipping switches going though an emergency start-up, in the middle of that he hits the internal comm system and says, some Buddie get the frack up here to operate the fracking shield and weapons
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-19 at 12:15 AM.

Character links

6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Dross

The attack alert comes as total surprise to Dross. The young Twi'lek charges out of his choosen quaters, the port one nearest to the common room. "What's going on? An attack here and now?" Concern for the Rebels from last night's game creeps into his mind; however, there are more pressing concerns, namely his own skin. "Captain Helkin. Captain Helkin, can we make it out of here?" Dross blurts out the question as he heads for the cockpit, "Anything I can do to help?" Not waiting for a response, Dross hops into the seat farthest on the port side. He waits for the Nerf's Republic to clear the vast Mon Calamari ship before activating the shields.

7. - Top - End - #97

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The miraluka is already at her sensor console, going over an expedited version of a pre-flight checklist, even as the rest of the crew find their places. Her fingers flew across her panels as began sending off the communication dispatches to the Gambit's Flight Control crew, while going over the diagnostic equipment for the ship.

"Unexpected, not suprising, and most definitely unwelcome..." She comments on the news of the Attack ship. Without turning her head away from her console, she throws a small anecdote to her captain. "Well, my 'dear'....looks like the honeymoon was cut short, yet again...do we slip away as the party commences, pull up the robes and run like a hungry voxyn...or do we assist our gracious hosts?

"That said...I think either of the first two would be better...else the mission is compromised, and this confrontation for naught."

This wasn't the first time Jon and Caeda had managed to find themselves in a scrape...but this was one of the very few times where they would have an Imperial Attack Cruiser waiting for them when they launched...

The warrior-jedi in her, the part left over from the cold wars, echoed with distaste at leaving the Mon Camalari to fend for themselves...but the scholar-jedi to which she was trained, and the bounty hunter to which she had become, both overruled the warrior, in favor of pragmatism and expeirance.

She opens up a channel to the rest of the Nerf's Republic through the interior communications arrays. "To the hunters, mercenaries, and compatriots on our ship, note that it is suggested that you sit down some where and buckle yourself in, as well secure all loose objects."
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Byalid

Byalid runs, well it looks like a jog more than anything, onto the bridge, looking around for any open station. He looks rather nervous, and he appears to definitely dislike combat.
    If there is an open station, he goes to it and attempts to figure out how to work it.
    If there isn't, he goes to a corner and watches everyone else.
    Since there is, he jumps up onto the chair and looks over the controls.
    Last edited by Meynolds; 2007-04-19 at 06:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

((co-pilots station still open and I'm also going to say that the weapon console is in ether the co-pilot's station or in with the shield console, GM's chose .))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-19 at 06:08 PM.

Character links

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Partak sprints up to the cockpit, and straps himself into the copilot's chair.

11. - Top - End - #101

SwashbucklerGuy

((slight problem...there are only four chairs...we allready have Dross at shields, Jon at pilot, and Caeda at Sensors/Communication. With Byalid at the remaining, being the Co-Pilots.))
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

Jon says to these in the cockpit, any one here good with tech because i could use some one manning the engineering console in the engine room.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #103

Byalid

Byalid jumps out of the chair before he is squashed by Partak. He begins running to the engineering section, searching for the console. When he finds it, he goes about figuring out how to control it.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

The droid had spent most of the rest of the day, after the greeting, in his own quarters, hoping to be able to finish tweaking the stun cells in his blaster; unfortunately, it looked to be a long job.

As the alarm sounds, he abandons the work, stowing the tools and blaster in a compartment in his side, and heads for the Nerf's Republic at top speed. He arrives in the cockpit with thumping footsteps, taking in the workstations. We have a full crew. Speculations on the other crew members—not yet boarded, weapons stations.

"Unless you have another station, Captain, I will assist with the computer interfaces," the droid says, speeding his voice up slightly to match the urgency of the situation. Given that the sensors seem more likely to come in use sooner than the shields, the droid moves next to Caeda's station, glancing once at her blindfold.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"...Oh, sithspit." No good in me trying to shoot this bird's guns. Where was the engineering section? Dekar quickly gets his internal compass in check, and sprints to the engine room.

"Oh, you're here already. Good," he says as he notices the kushiban. "Need a hand?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Helkin powers up the frieghter and by the time its ready for flight the hangar bay doors are open and the Oro's Gambit has transmitted clearance to launch.

Easing the ship out of the hangar bay, the pilot finds himself face to face with the nebula. A dozen or so freighters are visible off the starboard side. They all seem to be accelerating off in that direction.

No enemy ships are close enough to be visible against the blackness of space, but the weapon systems on the Oro's Gambit don't seem to have any trouble seeing/shooting. Several batteries of turbolasers and at least one Ion cannon are sending streams of bright light off port side into the distance.

{{ Current Status... speed=1, Shields=off, hyperspace course not yet computed }}
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

17. - Top - End - #107

GnomePirate

Dross

Dross activates the Nerf's Republic's shields with a flip of a switch. He turns to the Captain, "Can I make a suggestion? How about we divert power from the weapons to shields and engines. I've heard a lot of bragging from pilots working for the Hutts doing that when running from Imperial and authorities." The twi'lek resumes monitoring the shields.

18. - Top - End - #108

Were not that desperate yet kid, Jon says as he pushes the throttle forward to about 2/3rds of maximum and turns the ship to follow the other freighters, turning to Partak and says, I need you to start the calculations for hyperspace, i need two jumps one for 2 minutes in any direction the other form there to are final destination. Caeda i need a scan of the of the area tell me whats going on.

((Speed- 4))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-21 at 08:03 PM.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #109

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The blind woman's hand dance easilly across the control board, and she summons quickly up the display, and somehow, reads off it.

"11 freighters of various class and configuration are accelerating away from us and the Gambit at distances ranging from 5 to 19 kilometres, with all shields raised.

"The Imperial Light Cruiser is at 14 kilometres and closing at standard attack speed. It's shields are either nonexistant, or not raised, and it has recieved at least one hit from the Gambit."

She stops for a moment and rechecks her sensors before detailing the next bit. "More importantly I would think, are the 20 TIE configuration fighters off of the port side in two groups of 10, that are at a range of 12 kilometres, and closing fast at what could only be described as...ramming speed."

Despite the urgency, she raises her voice only enough to be heard over the hum of the bulkheads and machinery of the ship as it accelerates.

"Jon...A double jump from here to a random system...then a jump to the target system to cover the trail...like the time at Nar Shadaa." Caeda suggests as she continues updating her scans. "If fuel we have, that is...."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

You hared the lady make that 3 jump, Caeda I'm going to hold us at about 2/3rds of maximum velocity, tyring to make them think were running at full speed, i want you to tell me when they to 6 kilometres so i can bring us to full speed. Says Jon, Jon then hits the intercom, Bridge to engineering, prepare to divert all non essential power to the sublight drive.

Character links

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"Specify "non-essential". Would that be guns or life-support?" comes the reply. Dekar then starts looking for a spare set of tools.

{{Search check to find some tools: (1d20+2=7)

...Virtual dice hate me. Hopefully Jon hasn't hidden them on purpose.}}

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"With all due respect sir, I grew up flying airspeeders back on Berchest and I do consider myself a pretty fair pilot, but plotting a course through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops! I recommend that someone more familiar with the intricacies of interstellar gravitics plot our course"

23. - Top - End - #113

Byalid

Byalid seconds the question, and adds internal gravity to the list of possibilities, but not internal compensators, and begins searching for tools as well. Regardless of whether or not he finds any, he begins rerouting power from whatever he is told to, into Sublight drives.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn 1: Search:(1d20+8)[26]

Turn 2: Repair to reroute power: With tools: (1d20+12)[32] Without: (1d20+7)[12]
    Repair to give power to sublight drives: (1d20+12)[23] or without tools: (1d20+7)[22]

24. - Top - End - #114

Replying to the Dekar, definitely weapons, and you can cut off life support in the cargo holds. turning back to Partak, Jon says, OK you take over the helm and hold us at about 2/3rds power and punch it up to full when Caeda tells you too. I'll take care of the calculations for hyperspace. Jon turn bake to his console and starts the calculations.
    Trip 1 Astrogate: (1d20+8=10)
    Trip 2 Astrogate: (1d20+8=11)
    Trip 3 Astrogate: (1d20+8=28)
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-22 at 08:31 PM.

Character links

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

Taking the control yoke, the Gotal keeps the ship on a steady course, doing his best to fly casually -- keeping his distance from the other ships, but trying not to look like he is keeping his distance.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Helkin turns the ship away from the incoming fighters and accelerates up to cruising speed. He then turns over the ships controls to Partek while he, himself, begins the hyperspace calculations. Knowing it will take about a minute per jump, he begins calculations for 3 quick jumps. Mr. Dross activates the shields just before weapons fire, from the fighters, streaks past the windows on the bridge. The lasers blasts are not very close and would seem to have unsuccessfully targeted the Oro's Gambit.

Sensors show that the Oro's Gambit took several hits, although her shields still show at over 99%. Her newly installed weapons batteries seem to have great trouble targeting the small agile TIE fighters. As the Nerf's Republic pulls away, the Oro's Gambit begins to circle back in order to put the maximum number of weapons on target.

The TIE fighters, having closed within weapons range of both the Nerf's Republic and the Oro's Gambit have exclusivly fired upon the Oro's Gambit(for now). At their present speed they could physically ram the Nerf' Republic next round(should they choose to). They could also bring their weapons to bear on the freighters next action as well.

The tactical overview. Power was successfully re-routed to the engines. Maximum speed is now 7. The ship's weapons are now disabled.

{{ Current Status... speed=4 of 7, Shields=on, hyperspace course jump 1 (1/10), jump 2(0/10), jump 3(0/10) Was the intent to do the second and third calculations after the first jump?}}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-22 at 07:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

(No before the first jump.)

Character links

28. - Top - End - #118

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The woman "watches" the sensor display screens, and gets herself ready to notify her old friend when the time is right...

((Readied Action: Shout out "Imperials at 6 kilometres" when either the fighters or the cruiser get to 6 KM of the Nerf's Republic))
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Looking up from his calculations he reassess the situation and says to Partak, belay my last order punch her up full power. pushing the internal comm button to engineering. engineering beside cutting life support off in the cargo bays, also cut internal power, and the artificial gravity too. Jon then returns back to his calculations.

Trip 1 Astrogate: (1d20+8=13)
    Trip 2 Astrogate: (1d20+8=28)
    Trip 3 Astrogate: (1d20+8=9)
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-23 at 05:49 PM.

Character links

30. - Top - End - #120

Byalid

Byalid begins working on cutting the life support, internal power and artificial gravity in the cargo bays.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[27], (1d20+12)[25], (1d20+12)[30]
    Each one in order.

Wow, even without tools he succeeds!
    Last edited by Meynolds; 2007-04-23 at 07:45 PM.