New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

Caeda Trayus

As the freighter exploded, Caeda could feel a sharp prang in her heart...an insufferable pain for a brief moment, which caused her to grit her teeth...The first nerve wrack lasted only a split second, but it lingered on in a drawn out dulled effect that seeped into Caeda's flesh and bones and causing her to become somewhat fatigued.

Her Miraluka heritage was both a blessing and a curse, for when mixed with the trainings of a Jedi, it made her something of a prodigy when it came to sensing things through the Force...mass deaths and such disasters had always deeply effected her though...to the point where her master, had to spend two whole months teaching her how to dampen and suppress these occurances...

...the Clone War had not been kind on Caeda...

...nor her Master...

...in any event, Caeda knew that she was slipping up...that freighter could hold more then 9 people at most after all...she shouldn't have been able to feel anything at all, if her learnings had been in tact...she would have to meditate on this.

She rose from her seat, and turned to Jon. With the need for direct clarity for battle gone, her accent returned. "A break...a rest...a rejuvenation. I shall take these, if I am needed for naught else, my dear."

Caeda then let a single word float into Jon's mind...

~Meditation~

Spoiler
    Show

Telepathy: Take 10 +5 = 15 (VP lost: 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

{{ To clarify... you executed 3 jumps, a minute apart so that Captain Helkin could make the computations for the next jump. This 18 hour jump is the final jump to Sneeve. }}
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jon nods to Caeda, OK I'll come and wake you should any think require your attention, i think I'll go get some sleep myself
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-05-04 at 08:05 AM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

With the battle over and on course for Sneeve every is able to relax a little. The captain and his wife go to sleep leaving the rest of the crew to explore the ship and each other.

{{ Anyone wishing to continue the installation of the shielding may do so with a Repair(DC 15) or Craft Space Transport(DC 10). }}

Two hours into the hyperspace jump, the ship suddenly drops out of hyperspace as it collides with several small objects. The pings and bangs echo throughout the ship easily waking everyone.

{{ Anyone still awake during the collision needs to make a balance check DC 15 or suffer 1d4 VP. Byalid has healed 4VP of his previous damage by this point }}

The collision also seems to have put the ship into a slight roll which makes walking/running more difficult(Balance DC 15 to make progress). A few moments after the collision, the ship begins to vibrate and shutter. It almost feels like the ship is preparing to land as the vibration grow more intense every second.

Anyone entering the main hallway or bridge area hears various automated alarms going off.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Byalid

Byalid works on the shielding for the first two hours, until the collision.

Spoiler
    Show
    Repair: (1d20+12)[22]
    Balance: (1d20+6)[26]
    VP damage, if failed: (1d4)[1]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

Letting out a string of guttural curses in Gotal, Partak (who had been on duty in the cockpit when the ship droped out of hyperspace) grabs the control yoke and tries to regain control of the ship.

Spoiler
    Show

Pilot check (including -4 for nonproficiency): (1d20+3)[11]

7. - Top - End - #157

Jon had been lightly dozing in his cabin when the collision came and was thrown from his bunk to the floor, Jon grunted from the impact, Rolling over Jon tries to get to his feet but cannot get his footing due to the wild movement if the ship, evenly Jon gets to this feet and heads out of his cabin and heads to the bridge.

VP damage (1d4=4)
    Balance to stand: (1d20+3=8)
    Balance: (1d20+3=20)

Character links

8. - Top - End - #158

GnomePirate

Dross

The shake and shutter easily awake Dross. "What now?" the young twi'lek questions no one but the darkness of his quarters. He then lets out a string of curses both in Ryll and Huttese as he rolls out his bunk. Dross heads for the bridge, bracing against the walls of the
    ship to steady himself.

Once he makes it to the bridge he asks, "What's happening?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance in Quarters - (1d20+2)[15]
    Balance in Hall - (1d20+2)[22]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar helps Byalid with the shielding installation, until the collision. He easily keeps his balance when the ship rocks, and even manages to avoid damaging anything. He is, however, rather miffed at the interruption, and starts swearing in Huttese.

Spoiler
    Show
    "The hell are they doing? I thought we were in safe space already!"

Repair check, Balance check and Vitality Point damage if falls, respectively: (1d20+7=17, 1d20+3=23, 1d4=4)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

As several crew member wander out of their rooms into the main hallway they get the feeling they are drunk or perhaps stoned as they meander back and forth across the hallway attempting to compensate for the rocking and rolling of the ship.

As Captain Helkin, Dross, Byalid, and Deker, they find Mr. Gravaan at the pilot console. While it is obvious he is struggling, it is not clear if he is keeping the bouncing and rolling from getting worse or if he is making it worse.

The main cockpit window simply shows what looks like sienna mist blowing past the ship. Numerous red flashing lights blink, unheeded warnings, at the various consoles.

Dross inquires, "What's happening?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-08 at 04:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

SwashbucklerGuy

(Post here soon)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    As several crew member wander out of their rooms into the main hallway they get the feeling they are drunk or perhaps stoned as they meander back and forth across the hallway attempting to compensate for the rocking and rolling of the ship.

As Captain Helkin, Dross, Byalid, and Deker, they find Mr. Gravaan at the pilot console. While it is obvious he is struggling, it is not clear if he is keeping the bouncing and rolling from getting worse or if he is making it worse.

The main cockpit window simply shows what looks like sienna mist blowing past the ship. Numerous red flashing lights blink, unheeded warnings, at the various consoles.

Dross inquires, "What's happening?"
    Partak Garvaan

"Grab a seat captain, I'm having trouble keeping this flying slab of duracrete steady!" Partak says, struggling with the control yokes.

Once Jon has taken over the piloting, the Gotal will answer Dross. "That red stuff is either phosphorus or sulfur floating in an ammonia cloud, I'm not entirely sure which. Either way, we are falling through the upper atmosphere of a gas planet and will most likely be crushed to death if we don't stop soon.
    If that wasn't enough, I think we hit a few rocks coming through the planet's rings on the way in. I'm not exactly sure what damage we have suffered, but the ship is spinning out of control. Perhaps our little rabbit friend can give us a damage report?"
    (this last was directed at Byalid).
    Spoiler
    Show

Pilot check (including -4 for nonproficiency and -2 to compensate for the roll of the ship): [roll0]
    Charisma check (to assist Jon's Pilot check once he takes over): [roll1]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Pilot check (again since it didn't work for some reason): (1d20+1)[19]
    Charisma check (ditto): (1d20)[17]

14. - Top - End - #164

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

Caeda snaps from her meditation, as the ship rocks and hurls her off her bed, and to the floor. Thankfully, her jedi reflexes manage to minimize the damage done, and she takes a brief moment to collect her self and gain her footing.

Grabbing her lightsaber from the bedside table, and hooking it back into place in the interior of her robes, she quickly turns and leaves the room.

Out in the hallway, she takes a moment to look around, and then hurries to the bridge, where she slides into her Sensor Operator's seat and begins to scan.

"Jon...you said if anything was important, you would wake me from my slumber...This be important, I think." She says, slowly phasing her accent out again, in favor of the more legible speak that she uses in crisis.

Spoiler
    Show

Balance for damage: 9
    Damage taken: 1
    Balance to move: 16

Computer Use (for scanners): (1d20+7)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Jon rush to his pilots station and takes over from Garvaan and concentrates on stopping the ships spinning and then pulling up and out of the planets atmosphere.

To Caeda comment Jon Replies sorry i Just got back up here myself.

Pilot (1d20+12=27)
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-05-10 at 11:36 AM.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #166

Byalid

Byalid runs to the engineering room. Hearing Partak asking for a damage report, he calls out: I am not a rabit! Still, systems appear to be holding. I don't really know about how much damage we've taken. I'm gonna shift power to shields. Are we gonna need weapons?

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance: (1d20+6)[24]
    Repair (from weapons): (1d20+12)[20]
    Repair (To shields): (1d20+12)[31]
    Last edited by Meynolds; 2007-05-10 at 04:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Helkin slides in to the pilot's console, releasing Mr. Garvaan from his pilot duties. The ship responds to his commands and he has quickly reversed the deadly descent. The ship feels wrong somehow, almost like a stablizer broke off or something is clinging to the ship causing extra drag in the thick atmosphere of the gas giant.

Mrs Helkin gracefully bounds in to the sensor console seat and begins working the sensors. From within the atmosphere of the planet, nothing registers on the sensors. No life on the planet, no detectable ships nearby.

As the atmosphere thins and the stars start to show, the ship is pelted by several micrometeors. By the time Mr. Dross raises the shields, they have stopped and the ship is clear of the planet's rings.

Once the ship rises up from the planet and into the clear, the crew is able to run the star charts to determine the ship's position. The Polyxthus System. The red planet is the third of five in the system, none inhabited. Captain Helkin recognizes the name from his astrogate checks. The course was supposed to take them through the outer edge of the system, not through the middle of it.

Once clear of the planet, Caeda is able to sweep the system with the sensors and does not detect any other ships in the system.

Byalid looks over the ship's system, none register any damage from the collision and the newly raised shields show full strength. Any damage from the collisions must be superficial hull damage and/or not detectable.

{{ Someone will have to compute a new astrogate course }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-10 at 04:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Haar'chak!, i must of miscalculated are course, servers me right for buying a used starship with a busted Nav-Computer, remind me we need to get a R-Series droid to do these Dam calculation's, and wile I'm on the subject of Droids we need a battle droid of some sort to operate the turret, Rents Jon in his angry over his screw-up, as he recalculates the course.

Astrogate: (1d20+8=22)
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-05-10 at 10:01 PM.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #169

GnomePirate

Dross

With the crisis now over, Dross releases a sigh of relief. "I'm glad that's over with. Space travel isn't something I like, and I'm not really used to it. " The twi'lek stops speaking but only for a moment. "Well now, all this excitement has made me a bit thirsty. Since I don't think I'm can do anything here to help, I'll be going to the galley looking for something to drink.... If you don't mind, Captain." He says the last part almost as an afterthought. Dross checks the shield console one last time before heading for the galley. He's doubtful he'll fing anything more intresting than bottle of Corellian Ale there.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

While the rest of the crew observes the beauty of this virgin system, Captain Helkin makes the calculations for the jump to Sneeve. Now that the ship is clear of the planet, the crew can clearly see by the white light of the dwarf star Polyxthus.

You can even make out what looks like a swirl or eddy in the misty red surface of the gas giant. After a minute of marveling at the beauty around them, the ship makes a smooth jump into hyperspace.

Once in hyperspace the shields and sensor consoles cease to function and the crew is free to go back to whatever they were doing.

21. - Top - End - #171

With the ship jumping to hyperspace Jon turns around and say, well Lady and gentleman looks like we still got another 18 hours Intel we get to Sneeve. Had to steer us around a particularly dense cluster of comets in the Polyxthus Oort Cloud, witch you all were probably admiring wile we were in real space, well I'll head back to my cabin to get me a book to read and then I'll come back here and stand watch for a wile. Jon then stands and walks back to his cabin, several minutes later he returns with three book.

Character links

22. - Top - End - #172

Byalid

Byalid returns to working on the shielding.

[spoiler]Repair: (1d20+12)[15]

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

Once Jon is back on the bridge, Partak excuses himself and heads back to his cabin to get some sleep.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"What was it?" Dekar asks from Byalid as he returns to the work. "Are we going to die horribly as a space slug devours our ship and digests us for a thousand years, or did we just take a wrong turn at Alderaan?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Helkin closely watches the the controls for the first couple hours, but then falls back to reading his book as it becomes obvious the jump will be successful.

Most of the crew rests after a long boring day watching the workers install scan shielding. After about 9 more hours Byalid and Dekar finish the job the workers couldn't manage and the shielded compartment is complete. Byalid and Dekar are done, but exhausted as most of the crew begins to rise from their sleep.

Like Byalid and Dekar, 3D-4N works through the night upgrading his weapon in some secret way that only his droid brain can comprehend.

Spoiler
    Show

It'd be nice if the GM knew what you were doing and you made some craft/repair checks. You'll be able to get 2 full days worth of progress(so roll twice).

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Finally, Dekar tosses the last tool into the toolbox and steps away from his work. "Aaaand I'm done, thank the stars," he says. "I'm going to crash into my bunk and doze off. Try not to wake me up if it isn't really important."

He stumbles into his cabin and shuts the door.

27. - Top - End - #177

Byalid

Byalid also places his tool in the toolbox, but instead of going to his room, he goes to engineering and sleeps there, curled into a ball.

28. - Top - End - #178

Jon settles in to his book and puts his feet up on the copilots chair and begins to dose on and off in his chair for the next four hours,.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #179

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

The Miraluka looks to Jon for a moment as he begins loosing the fight with sleep, and shakes her head...she would have to wait until he woke up and had a glass of Caf before taking her own...which was fine she supposed, since she didn't feel like resting much at the moment.

She continues on with her work at the sensor station, cataloging the sites as she had done before after she had first met Jon on that scoutship, four years ago.

If any imperials or other ships came they're way, it was good cover. A nice, inconspicuous surveyor vessel...not worth the energy needed to produce ship-scale blaster bolts, or tractor beams, or interdictor fields.

She doesn't dare go into meditation while on the bridge however...as small objects had a tendency to float off the ground when she did so.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Coming Out

For the most part the various mixed bounty hunters do their own thing and relax one last time before the guts of the mission are thrust upon them.

The remaining 18 hours fly by. Once the scan shielded cell is complete, everything else is optional. Everyone catches up on sleep. 4N manages to make a lot of progress on his weapon, but for the most part the crew just hangs out, plays cards, eats, and wishes that Captain Helkin stocked larger quanities of better tasting alcohol.

An alarm sounds from the bridge and it echos throughout the ship when there only remains 10 minutes until the ship exits hyperspace.

{{ Feel free to insert other things if you missed you chance to do something. }}