New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

"Lead the way Captain," Dross says as he slides the blaster pistol back into its holster. He steps in line to follow but makes sure to check ahead for any potential weapons scanners.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

The pair stormtroopers take up a rear guard an march the whole crew into the opening to "Palpatine City". From the outside, it doesn't look like much of city. Actually, from the inside it doesn't either, but it does look like the interior of a space station.

Once beyond the blast doors, which don't look like they've been closed in years, is a vast hallway. The main hallway is perhaps 10 meters wide and 12 meters tall. That vertical distance is divided into two levels. The upperlevel consists of a 2 meter wide walkway on both the left and right side of the main hallway with a 6 meter gap between them. That gap is spanned by bridgeways every 30 or 40 meters down the length of the hallway. The hallway continues straight ahead for probably at least a 1000 meters. The hallway is lined with shops and the entrances to various residential dwellings.

The hallways bristles with activity. There are hundreds of people visible just from the outside, most don't even look up at the stormtroopers and bounty hunters. Those that do quickly turn away.

The troopers lead the crew into the first hatchway on the left. After passing through a small waiting area, they are led into a large office with a huge 10 meter by 3 meter wide window. The window looks out over the landing pad and beyond that, the mountains, valleys and rivers.

A tall human with short brown hair wearing an imperial officer's uniform sits at the desk. The desk seems to be some sort of relic, made of wood or some other plant material polished to a dark brown with a shiny almost reflective surface. 2 meters in front of the desk is a long yellow piece of tape is stuck to the floor. As the crew enters motions you forward and says, "Please line up on the tape. Which of you is in command of this... team?"

Once the team is fully in the office, the stormtrooper close the door and take up positions on either side of the interior of the door.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-25 at 05:57 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jon steps up to the front of the line and says, I guess that would be me, I'm Captain Jon Helkin of the Nerf's Republic.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

The officer almost has a look of relief on his face when Captain Jon speaks. He nods and taps a couple entries into his computer terminal and then speaks.

"Captain, you and your team will be permitted to carry and use weapons while on Sneeve. However, all weapons must be registered with us. If our troops catch you using unregistered weapons you will be fined for the first offense and imprisoned for repeat offenses. Due to the underground nature of the communities on Sneeve, all explosives are prohibited."

"Your team will be issued identification cards. Keep them in your possession as you are required to present them to any Imperial forces you might interact with. Your slavehands and other assistants will also be issued identification cards, but they will not be permitted to carry or use weapons."

"There is a fee of 250 credits for each bounty hunter identification card and 100 credits for all other identification cards."

"We currently have over 200 open bounties. We will provide you a subset of those so that there isn't too much overlap with the 8 other bounty hunter teams. All bounties may be turned in across the hall. No credit will be given for disintegrations. There is also a 50 credit fine for each incorrect delivery, 100 credits if the mark is dead."

"Questions?" Pauses for questions. "Now then, I'll open a new record for your team. Will each of you please state your name, species, your job(bounty hunter or assistant) and list out any weapons you have."

He types a bit more and then the computer terminal makes a soft tone. He looks up awaiting each response.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Byalid

Byalid does nothing except sitting at Caeda's side and looking around, trying to look like a pet.

6. - Top - End - #216

Jon steps forward and goes first, Captain Jon Helkin, Human, Bounty Hunter, weapons, 1 Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Light repeater, 1 DL-18 Blaster pistol, 2 DL-44 Heavy Blasters, and 1 Vibrodagger. Jon then steps back to let the others go next.

Character links

7. - Top - End - #217

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

While Jon talked his way past the guard, Caeda centered herself and reached out with her emotions to scan the officer.

Spoiler
    Show

Empathy: (1d20+6)[25]
    Edit: (+4 to Diplomacy, Bluff, Entertain, Handle Animal, Sense Motive...etc)

Caeda then walks up with 3D-4N and Byalid. "Caeda Helkin." She states. "Jon Helkin's wife, and also bounty hunter by association. Human. My assistance droid, 3D-4N, will show you my ordinance...a MerrSonn DEMP ion pistol, and a DL-44 heavy blaster. I also have a pet who wishes to remain at my feet named Byl."

Of course, Caeda knew that she wasn't human or Jon's wife...but no one else at the desk except Jon, knew differently. She was also omitting certain facts...like her lightsaber which was concealed in the folds of her robes....or her force sensitivity or...

Caeda just hoped she could pull it off without having to alter any thought patterns today...Jedi training didn't exactly include deception...and being able to "see" mostly everything, meant that Caeda had a slightly harder time then most at understanding the concept. Getting a lie past her was hard, but so was she pulling off a bluff. Hence, her use of the force to help gauge her success...and if it failed...to help notify her to quickly reassure the officer with a few..em...gestures and words.
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-05-25 at 10:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

8. - Top - End - #218

GnomePirate

Dross

"The name is Dross. Twi'lek as you can see... Bounty Hunter. Two weapons: Sorosuub's ELG-3A blaster pistol and this stun baton," Dross states to the officer as he reveals his weapons. He smiles knowing his Merr-Sonn J1 is nicely hidden within his vest.

Spoiler
    Show
    DC check for J1:1d20+12[16,12] = (28)
    Last edited by Tau Fury; 2007-05-25 at 11:04 PM. Reason: included the J1 blaster

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"Dekar Secc, a twi'lek, bounty hunter, EE-3 blaster carbine and a SoroSuub ELG-3A blaster pistol."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Name: Partak Garvaan
    Species: Gotal
    Weapons: Sorosuub S5 Security blaster, C-14 stun grenade"

After speaking his piece, Partak hands over his credit chip so the officer can deduct the 250 for a license to hunt.

11. - Top - End - #221

Jon Hands the officer his credit chip to pay the fees

Character links

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Picture Pages

As Partak speaks the officer almost has a sneer on his face. Once the Gotal finishes speaking the officer quickly stops the recording file and speaks to the Captain.

"Thank you. A fine team you've assembled. Good hunting. The registration will be 1450 credits." He takes the chip from the Captain, ignoring Partak.

He plugs the chip into the computer and after transferring the balance presses another button and an AS-M12 hover droid floats over, hovering in front of the group. It slowly slides right to left focusing it's camera on each member of the group and then making a second pass at low altitude to attempt to photograph Byalid in his nature habitat. The droid then returns to a recharging stand in the back corner of the room away from the windows.

He hands back the credit chip and says, "While we wait for your identification cards to be printed can I upload your slice of the bounty list? Do you have a datapad?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-26 at 04:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Jon takes back his credit chip, Sorry Sir i don't Have a Datapad.

Character links

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

The officer anticipating that you would have a datapad reaches out for it. When he fully processes what you've said he raises an eyebrow and sighs. He then says, "Fine, I'll burn it to a chip for you. You can view it on your ship's computer. Maybe your droid will be able to access it as well. Bring the chip back with you when you drop off bounties and they'll provide you an updated list."

Another Imperial officer, this one much lower in rank, walks in holding several badges. He hands Jon and Caeda their badges and then hands the remaining badges to the 3D-4N and walks away.

The original officer inserts a memory chip into the computer terminal in front of him and after a minute or so ejects it and slides it across the desk towards the team. With a wave of his hand, he says, "This concludes our business.". He nods and the stormtroops open the door. Two of them walk towards the team to encourage them to get moving.

15. - Top - End - #225

OK folk let's go get to work, Say Jon as he leads the group out the Door and out of the office, Once out in the main hall Jon looks around for a store to buy a datapad from, so when he gets back to the ship he can transfer the data on the chip to the datapad.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-05-26 at 09:31 PM.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #226

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Helkin

Once out of the office, Caeda hands out the badges to her associates, and lets out a quiet sigh...she hated having to alter minds...the practice, though commonplace enough in the old republic, didn't sit well with her...though that may have been because of her experiences. Being helpless without knowing it...because you where either mind tricked, or in stasis...

It was enough to remind Caeda how important true memory was...especially in her case. Her memories of just five years ago, where the memories a time that was 19 years ago...this gave her a better chance then anyone living today, to remember all her friends and associates who had since died in the years before and after her stasis imprisonment.

She 'looks' to Jon for a moment as he begins his search and suggests: "Jon...perhaps there is a directory terminal nearby."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

GnomePirate

Dross

Leaving the Imperial presence quickly calms Dross's nerves. "I'm sure I could load up the information on the card with my wrist com," suggests Dross.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground

Byalid

Byalid looks around when he reaches the main hallway. If he sees Stormtroopers, which he probably would, he attempts to get Jon's attention. If he doesn't see any, he just says I have a datapad on the ship, plus a hundred something blank cards.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Boutique Bound

Once the group is fully out of the office, the 4 stormtroopers split up. Two remain posted outside of the office you just exitted and the other two move out on the hangar platform toward the old Firespray with the droids standing in front of it.

A quick glance up the main street reveal several prospects for acquiring a datapad. It is a fairly expensive item, but quite a common one. The one sign which catches your eye is a flashing blue and orange sign with lots of eye catching graphics. The store claims to be called, "Crazy Oobado's Discount Electronics". Below the main sign, once you manage to divert your eyes, is another sign, "Electronics sold, new, used, repairs made on site."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Sir?" the Gotal says to Jon as he sees him eyeing the electronics shops, "would you like to borrow my datapad?"

If Jon answers in the affirmative, Partak will hand him his MicroData Pocket Secretary with built in administrative software and voice recording capability. "Some of us don't spend all our profits on repeating blaster cannon" he says with a slight smirk. "Bounty hunting is a business as much as it is a mynock shoot."

21. - Top - End - #231

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda Trayus

"Seen you have not, of Jon Helkin shooting mynocks..." Caeda quietly comments as she leans on the droid and waits. "Though, I suppose neither have I."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar
    "Well, that went smoothly," Dekar says as they walk out of the office. "Guess I owe you a couple of hundred creds, captain."

Quote Originally Posted by Felistor View Post
    "Bounty hunting is a business as much as it is a mynock shoot."
    "Tch, so that's what I've been doing wrong. Tell me, where could I find a few mynocks?"

Dekar digs a datapad and a pair of datacards out of his backpack. "In other words, I'd like a copy of the list as well."

23. - Top - End - #233

Thank you Partak, As Jon takes the preferred Datapad Jon inserts the card and loads the list so thay can all see what there up against. And as for my spending my profits on repeating blaster cannon, you'll be glad i did when we windup facing long odds. And Mr. Dekar yes you can have a copy, sending it now. But as for me picking up a datapad of my own i still think i will. Jon turns off the pad and removes the chip and puts it in a pouch on his utility belt, and then heads over and in to Crazy Oobado's Discount Electronics.

Spoiler
    Show
    Computer Use (1d20+6=26) to open list and transmit it to Dekar datapad and save a copy to Partak datapad too.

Character links

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Fish Stories

The crew walks a hundred yards or so further into the city. Most of the citizens are Ortolan and as a result are forced to look up to the T'wileks, Humans, and Gotal. The citizens give the newcomers a wide berth not risking confrontation or accidental death should the hunters confuse them with their quarry.

A small female Ortolan child smiles and waves at the group only to find herself immediately scolded by her mother. The mother glances at the group with a look of pure terror in her eyes before she pulls the child off the street into the nearest store, a "locally caught" fish market.

Arriving at Crazy Oobado's Discount Electronics, Captain Jon nearly is run over by a young Selonian male which bolts from the store clutching several small electronic parts in hand. The young Selonian doesn't say anything or even make eye contact with the group and simply sprints deeper into the city.

{{
    Assuming you don't chase down the kid... are you looking for anything special in a datapad? new, used, restored? Waterproof? Armor plated? Any add-ons(data port connector and cables, etc)?
    }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-29 at 05:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235

((well i think I'll go for a new Datapad with the data port connector and cables, and the Waterproofing, and 10 blank cards. and if possible maybe a list of available programs.))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-05-28 at 03:02 PM.

Character links

26. - Top - End - #236

GnomePirate

Dross

Noticing the daughter's and mother's actions and reactions, Dross wonders out loud, "Anyone else see that? I wonder if that's how everyone will react to us. It doesn't look like we'll get much help from the locals."

The solonian youth now draws his attention. Not only does the solonian seems out of place among all the Ortolans, he is also running fast trying to get away. Dross pauses a moment to wonder what's going on, before speaking out, "Strange kid... did he just rob this place?" He laughs not really giving it a second thought.

((Question: The solonians are the weasel like folks from the Corellia system?))

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"So it would appear." Partak replies, checking his datapad. "And there's a Selonian wanted for theft to the tune of 250 credits. C'mon Dross, let's nail this guy." Without waiting to see if anyone else is coming he takes off jogging after the Selonian, using his sensory cones to track the young pup's energy signature.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

4N regards the young Selonian as he dashes away, fleetingly wishing he had a holographic recording device. Perhaps that is a modification I should consider. He briefly debates giving chase with the others, as he doesn't tire and has better sensors than most species, but decides against it. A running droid was incongruous, his only current weapon was unregistered and nonfunctional, and he was, of course, supposed to be Caeda's assistant.

"I suspect the locals will not be particularly eager to talk with anybody they think is a bounty hunter," he remarks. "And given the local demographics, most of us will stand out. We may have to figure out a cover story to contact the local underworld." His voice is pitched only to carry to the rest of the group, and has returned to his usual flat tones.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

29. - Top - End - #239

GnomePirate

Dross

"Alright, Partak I'm with you," Dross calls out chasing after Partak and the selonian. Then he activates his wrist comlink and speaks into it, "Eyeball," his RMD-20 droid, "home in on my signal and get here as fast as possible."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

On the Run

Partak and Dross run after the Selonian youth. Anyone on the streets quickly steps aside to allow the Bounty Hunters to pass. The youth doesn't look back and keeps running. After about 50 meters, he turns left down an alley to a side street.

This new street isn't quite as up-scale as the main street, but is still by no means poor. This street has two story buildings on either side which reach up to the arched ceiling. It does not have a second floor walkway, although some of the buildings do have second story patios and porches.

Once on the side street the youth turns right and continues even deeper into the city. About 100 meters further along the side street and the building style changes. At the point where the building style changes there are two red signs which proudly declare this as "Grandus Clan" territory.

Lingering around the edge of this new territory are several adult male Selonians. They look up when the youth enters and watch the T'wilek and Gotal approach while subtly moving their hands to their weapons which seem to be small blasters, perhaps holdout.