New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

Dross

Coming across a crowd of Selonians is the last thing Dross expected. The Twi'lek stops the chase to talk. He also makes sure his blaster pistol is secure in it's holster. "Hold up now, we're not looking for any trouble," Dross speaks in Basic while counting how many Selonians have hostile intents, "We're only looking for someone. A young, male Selonian... we don't wish him any harm." The then he extends his arms in a friendly manner showing the Selonians he is unarmed.

To Partak he whispers in Huttese, "You know Huttese, right? Think we can handle these guys?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff - (1d20+7)[9]Diplomacy - (1d20+3)[13]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

The Gotal nods affirmatively to Dross and begins circling around the Selonians to the left. "Grandus Clan, eh?" he says, gesturing to the sign. "I like what you have done with the place." As he talks he scans the surroundings with his sensory cones in order to pinpoint the exact location of the young cub.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Cone Heads

The group of males takes several steps towards Dross and Partak taunting them, "Have you not yet learned that your kind are not welcome in out Den? We will not bow to you as the Woortu do. Leave or we will have your bodies as our trophies."

While they shout at Partak and Dross, most of the Selonians behind them step off the street and into buildings. At least one other Selonian just steps to the side, taking cover behind a shipping container. Another Selonian steps out onto one of the second floor balconies with a blaster pistol in hand.

{{
    A total of 5 Selonian males can be seen. 3 approaching(ranges 7, 8, 11 meters). One off to the side with half cover(range 14 meters). One on a balcony with one quarter cover(range 18 meters)
    }}

Partak :
    Spoiler
    Show

The boy continues to move, but slower. It feels like he is almost 200 meters away and on the left. Perhaps on the second floor of one of the buildings. You'll know more as you close in.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

After Buying himself a Datapad from Crazy Oobado's Discount Electronics Jon exits the store and see that Partak and Dross are gone, let me guess the went after the Selonians youth. Jon pulls out his COM link and calls Partak and Dross, Partak, Dross, what your status and location
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Status: complex diplomatic negotiations with some local Selonians, Location: Coordinates Besh 171"
    Partak replies into his earpiece as he deliberately turns his back on the armed Selonians and begins walking toward the building with the cub in it.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Partak walks past the 3 Selonians focused on his quarry. The men begni shouting and protests, "Hey, where do you think you are going you horned demon? You ain't welcome here. Seriously. Leave now." With that the three of them draw their blasters.

Two of them, obviously unfamiliar with the blaster fiddle with the switch on the side, either setting it to stun or unsetting it from stun.

The Selonian which was standing over to the side also draws his blaster and squats down giving himself 3/4 cover.

{{
    Probably want to roll initiative. I'll post a map this afternoon.
    }}
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dagnabit! I was hoping we could do this without shooting, but oh well...
    Initiative (1d20+3)[19]

8. - Top - End - #248

GnomePirate

Dross

"Get here soon," Dross pipes up into the comlink.

"Now," he says as looking up at the Selonians, "you're not going to win a fight against us. More of us are on the way." He sneers goading them to attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intitative - (1d20+2)[3]WOW the power of rolling a 1
    Last edited by Tau Fury; 2007-06-01 at 01:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

His face to the assembled Selonians and his back to the building that houses the cub, Partak faces them and keeps his hands at his side. "From the looks of things you boys don't want to fight us, because you will all die. I furthermore don't feel like killing any of you today, so why don't you holster those weapons before my bloodthirsty friend here sees how badly your hands are shaking."
    Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate: (1d20+4)[11]
    Reserve an action to draw his weapon while moving behind cover if anyone fires.

10. - Top - End - #250

Understood were on are way!, with that Jon puts his Com link away and then makes his was to Partak and Dross position, as he runs Jon swings his Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Light repeater in to the ready position for what ever type of threat that Partak and Dross might be facing.

Initiative (1d20+3)[22]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-06-01 at 08:36 PM.

Character links

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar presses his hand to his face and mutters something incomprehensible. Then he begins to jog after Jon.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

The OK Corral

Partak's effort to intimidate the locals was somewhat successful. One of the Selonian men puts his weapon away and steps aside (S3). The Selonian on the balcony counters by saying, "Look Gotal, you are out numbered and covered from an elevated position. Back down and leave our den before the rest of our clan comes to our aid." At that point he makes a screeching whistle. Several of the pedestrians much further down the street turn and look this way.

Of the remaining four Selonians, all three on the street have Dross covered while the elevated Selonian points his weapon at Partak. You can see a few people glance out of windows at the shouting. The owner of "Streetside Liquor" (M15) can be seen changing the sign in the window from Open to Closed.

Map

Partak :
    Spoiler
    Show

It feels like the kid is at about CZ4(off the right edge) on the map, probably on the second floor.

13. - Top - End - #253

GnomePirate

Dross

Drawing his blaster pistol from its holster, Dross glances around the narrow alley looking for cover. He spots a good place on his right and heads for it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dross draws weapon and moves to M14

14. - Top - End - #254

Jon continues to head for Partak and Dross location at a Run.

Character links

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Taste Like Chicken

Dross moves to take cover in a nearby doorway of "Streetside Liquor". Blaster draw and in hand Dross peers around the corner past the sign advertising "Da Soocha Hoocha (Crystal Free)" at 29 credits per liter.

Partak, mired in indecision, stands hands at his side with his back to a residental building. Three more Selonians approach from the west, jogging ever closer. They seem to already have weapons drawn and are ready for trouble.

The nearby Selonians take advantage of the situation by circling around Partak and away from Dross while continuing to shout discouraging words. "Come you demon." "Run away Bantha Breathe!" "Leave our Den!" "Yeah, Chicken Demon!" The Selonian on the balcony across the street says in a cool calm voice, while still pointing his Elmainin Armaments SBP-200 Blaster Pistol at Partak, "Don't even think about, just leave."

The intimidated Selonian doesn't seem bolstered by his Den's new tactic and is frantically attempting to enter the nearby residence.

The remainder of the Bounty Hunter team rushes to catch up with their two wayward members. Rushing through the city streets, guns in hand, the populous seems even more fearful of the team(if that is possible).

{{ I'll have to redraw the map, but the rest of the BH team will be able to see the situation at the end of this round. They'll be about 65 meters away, but anyone with a long range weapon might be able to affect things from that range. So you know for next round declaring actions.}}

Round2Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-06 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Fix Partak's description

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Last I checked, this was a public street, and I have every bit as much right to walk on it as anybody else on this world. Even if you could kill me (which I doubt), you would be committing murder in broad daylight and you would be quickly rounded up and executed by the authorities. I don't think any of us wants you dead, why don't you just allow a fellow citizen to continue on his way in peace?" Having spoken his piece, the Gotal deliberately turns his back on the gunman and continues walking down the street.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to AC-11.
    Still reserving an action to draw his weapon and take cover if (and ONLY if) the Selonians open fire.

17. - Top - End - #257

GnomePirate

Dross

Peeking out from cover, Dross scans the area and the situation. "Blasted!" He mutters as watches Partak's actions. He yells out to the Selonians, "My friend has a point, but if you want a fight fine. And then later tonight we'll find out if Selonians taste like chicken." Dross leaves his spot to catch up to Partak even if shooting has started.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heads to R-13. If shooting starts - he shoots Selionian 1

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Walk in the Park

Partak begins to slowly move down the street towards the child. After a few tentative steps the Selonian on the balcony calls down to the other Selonians in some strange language, "Terump chi, et chi werta o dencho, Krump chi". The three Selonians at street level nod and one replies back in Basic, "Yeah, we got him." The three Selonians which had been approaching, from the east, also nod, having heard the message.

Whatever that meant, they don't shoot Partak, but rather just follow him closely with their weapons out ready to pounce should some condition be met. 10-15 seconds later, the Selonians which had been approaching arrive with weapons drawn. The three newcomers join the three existing Selonians and surround Partak.

When Partak continues to move, they continue to follow him down the street at close range with weapons drawn.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-08 at 06:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259

Jon continues to head for Partak and Dross location at a Run with his Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Light repeater held in the ready position.

Character links

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Partak keeps walking.

Spoiler
    Show

Repeat last action (move 10m, reserve an action to draw weapon and take cover if fired upon) until he either reaches the building the cub is in or the situation changes.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Den of Evil

Partak continues to walk forward with his entourage of Selonians following close at hand maintaining a rough semi circle around them. A little less than a minute later, they all seem to tense up and get more nervous just as Partak reachs the doorway which must lead up to the child he was pursuing.

Dross has been following Partak into the Den of Evilthe Selonians, keeping them covered with his blaster, but finding cover along the way. Thus, he was sprinting doorway to doorway, crate to barrel to doorway down the street. As Dross takes cover again in a doorway, Captain Jon and Dekar arrive on the scene having run from the electronics store.

Map (kid location in red for Partak)
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-10 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Forgot Dekar... Oops.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar keeps on jogging in Jon's wake, and picks up some speed as the human seems to get away. Well, this started real well, he thinks. Hope they don't get themselves killed.

...Though I guess that'd mean more of the bounty for me.

{{Initiative: Initiative: (1d20+3=20)}}
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2007-06-10 at 11:27 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

GnomePirate

Dross

A brief moment of relief passes through Dross. "Looks like things have changed," he says as he with blaster pistol in hand leaves the safety of the door way. He walks steadily to catch up with Partak.

((Moves to R-13.))

24. - Top - End - #264

Jon continues forward as he dose he hits the pre-ignition switch, with that Jon's Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Light repeater begins to emit a high pitch sound as the barrels begin to spin, To Dross Jon says, I got here as fast as i could.

((Moves to Q-12))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-06-11 at 08:06 AM.

Character links

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar walks calmly straight forward, almost right next to the nearest Selonian. He's tucked his thumbs into his pockets, and clearly pays little heed to the number of blasters around him.

"Hey kids, y'know what that thing the human's carrying is?" He nods towards Jon. "That's a Merr-Sonn rotary, military-grade stuff. Now, since Jon over there has got one itchy trigger finger, I'd like to let you know a little secret... He pauses for a second and grins.

"It ain't got a stun setting."

{{Move to Q11, speak and move to R10.}}
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2007-06-11 at 07:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

While the others are talking to the Selonians, Partak walks up to the building and knocks on the front door.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Oops

As Dekar finishes his speech, "It ain't got no stun setting." He has the attention of 5 out of the 6 Selonians, all except S8, who is watching Partak walk up to the door(Y9).

As the realization of Dekar's words sink in one of Selonians(S1) shutters involuntarily and accidentally discharges his blaster, which wasn't on Stun either. The blast misses Dekar, passing between him and Jon and smashes a crate further down the street(O10).

That blast startles the remaining tense Selonians. Two more(S4 and S6) of them fire at Partak, or where Partak was when the turned their heads away. The blasts hit the facade of the building, with S6's shot shattering the front window of the residence.

At that point, S2 and S7 step out of the middle of the street and put their backs to the nearest building. They shift the aim of their blasters from Partak to Jon and Dekar.

The Selonian which blasted the crate turns to run, but crashes into the other crate falling over it and on his back on the ground. The fall dislodged his blaster which scattered into the center of the street(V11). After S6's blast took out the window, he stepped backwards and tripped over S1, which was sprawled on the ground, tripping him. He stumbled backwards onto his rear, but retained his blaster.

Partak activates the door bell/knocker.

Map

28. - Top - End - #268

Frack! exclaims Jon at Seeing the Selonians is S2 take aim at him, Jon swings his Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Light repeater toward the Selonians is S2 and opens fire.

Attack: (1d20+0, 1d20+0=[17, 0], [1, 0])
    Damage: (3d8+3=15, 3d8+3=14)

Character links

29. - Top - End - #269

GnomePirate

Dross

"Blasted, nerf herders!" yells out Dross firing his ELG-3A blaster aiming for the fourth selonian. Setting the blaster to multifire, he tries to squeeze off two shots.

Blaster Shots (1d20-1=2, 1d20-1=13)
    Damage (3d6=12, 3d6=8)

((I forgot about +1 due to Point Blank Shot when rolling))

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Partak Garvaan

"Fierfecking fools" Partak mutters to himself as he sqeezes off a stun blast at the Selonian across the street (S8)

Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Fortitude save DC = 18