New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Life is Short: Live Well (IC)

" It is good you came Loyd. I had expected my father to be looking for me and thanks to your actions I will be able to finish this tournament and leave before his bannerman fall upon me....Unless you intend to try and force to return in which case this is a bittersweet reunion"
    Sions takes a healthy drink from his mug as he listens to Alphonse. " What you make in Charisma my loud friend you lack in wisdom. No Lord wants to be known as a savage or child eater....I know my appearance might suggest otherwise but I take great pride in my status as a lord and I don't wish it to be besmirched. From now on you may call me child of the great clan, A respectful nod to my heritage. Son of Edmund Tryce the iron King, which will bring glory to my good fathers name and finally whatever you wish to add as long as it's respectful. Good day sir."
    When Fritz compliments him he smiles and raises his mug towards her.
    " I took note of your dancing young lady, you are very talented, perhaps when I win I will hire you to dance at the celebration."

To The dwarf he nods. " Very good. Should you find any info on the orc lady please let me know. I like to knew who my enemies are."

Sions nods at Sarai and waves goodbye to her.

Sion does not dismiss anyone who is still in the room despite the obvious clues from the messenger and he listens patiently to the message.
    " Tell the Duke I am touched by his concern but I ask for no special treatment. As a warrior of Ashren I would not be able to look myself in the mirror if I won through such devious means. All I ask is respite between my fights and proper healing."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

As the half-orc that had been accompanying him to the church, carrying Sir Gerrard's, tells her that she is Lord Sion of the noble line of Tryce, Prince of Ashren and son of Edmund the iron king her mouth almost drops. While I knew there was something different about you I never suspected you to be the prince of Ashren. I hope you can forgive my rudeness. Elizabeth says still trying to get over the fact that a noble had helped her of all people. It is not charity I offered to you, simply appreciation. As for visiting your kin I suspect you may be looking in the wrong town. I paid a lad to bring me to the poor district just the other day with Gerrard....and while he had to chase a boy trying to steal all the money we were handing out to those who needed it, I saw not a single person like yourself. elves, half elves, even humans. But not a single half orc. Elizabeth explains to him, wondering if perhaps the boy had mislead her. I wish you luck Lord Sion, and may your battles end with no deaths on either sides. Who knows we may see each other sooner then you think my lord. Elizabeth says with a small bow before heading inside.

As the young man steps forward and offers his condolences Elizabeth smiles towards him while the flames eat away at her old friend. Peace will only come when good men and women stand up for what they believe in, and the innocent no longer have to have their blood spilt to keep others happy. The lords think the blood is not on their hands because they have us healers there to take care of the wounded, however you saw that they do not care about those that die. If I was you I would not participate again in the arena, or else you may end up like my friend. She says as she looks at her friends winnings. Take this, you were no doubt in the arena to win money to feed your family. Now they will be able to eat well. Just promise to do one thing for me in return, when you see someone who needs help lend them a hand. It could be a simple gesture like helping them cross the street, the world is kept in balance after all by the little things that the common man does every day to help their neighbor. And without the simple kindness of another, evil spreads like fire. Elizabeth says looking back towards the arena.

With her friend taken care of, Elizabeth goes to her room and changes her clothing before asking one of the priestess's to clean her white robes, now stained with blood as she begins to head back to the arena to support Lord Sion. Thats when she sees an odd elf seeming to be speaking to thin air. You know no one is standing there sir don't you? she asks kindly, trying not to sound rude, as her eyes show the clear sign of crying.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    With her friend taken care of, Elizabeth goes to her room and changes her clothing before asking one of the priestess's to clean her white robes, now stained with blood as she begins to head back to the arena to support Lord Sion. Thats when she sees an odd elf seeming to be speaking to thin air. You know no one is standing there sir don't you? she asks kindly, trying not to sound rude, as her eyes show the clear sign of crying.
    The elf looks at Elizabeth like she just stated something incredibly obvious but responds with a very kind tone.
    "Well, like, I know that. It is pretty obvious, you know..."
    The Bhagwan glances back at the space into which he was talking and half motions with a hand.
    "If I could get him up off his lazy backside, maybe we could get something accomplished today. Don't you think, El-Cori?"
    The last bit was obviously directed at the empty space rather than at Elizabeth.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

As the strange elf rambles on acting as if their was indeed someone their and she was the odd one, Elizabeth looks at the space the man is pointing to, as her eyes become filled with light as she scans over the area he is pointing at. Sir I have heard of magic being able to make one invisible before, however I sense no such thing coming from anywhere near us, are you sure your friend El-Cori is not playing a trick on you with perhaps a minor illusion? Or are you practicing for a play, if so I would suggest you and your friend watch out, as when the arena ends a lot of people will be coming out and I wouldn't want your show to be interrupted. Elizabeth says kindly feeling bad for what she assumed was a crazy homeless person as she looks for a hat to toss some coins into, when she sees none, she counts out 10 crowns and hands them to the elf. I hope this helps you and your friend with what you need to do. I would stay and help, however there is a favor I need to repay to a lord Sion and I really must be going. Elizabeth says as she looks to the gates, waiting for him to allow her to leave so that she could go help the man who had helped her carry her friend by offering her services to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elizabeth will use detect magic, which I don't think covers ghosts, imaginary friends (that are not illusions), and mental problems. However if she does see someone there, I will edit my post.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

"That you cannot see means nothing. Like, take this thought with you. I have a friend who was born blind. Explain to him the difference between the color red and the color green in a way that he can sense them and know them for what they are. If like one be all endowed with the senses of hearing, of taste, of smell, of touch, but be deprived of the sense of sight, it will not be possible for one to gaze about; for sight cannot be realized through hearing or tasting, or the sense of smell or touch. In the same way, with the faculties at your disposal, it may like totally be beyond the realm of possibility for you to, you know, grasp Reality."

The elf nods sagely and speaks as if imparting great wisdom to a child who probably won't understand.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth listens to the elf that she had first thought to be a bit crazy as he speaks, for the first time actually making a bit of sense to her. Those that are blind do not care if a building is red or if it is green, as neither color can offend them unless they have been told that one such color is worst then another. In which case they would make sure that theirs friends never got them something of that color. However in this day and age the great lord Pelor works miracles all around the world. He can make the blind see, the deaf hear, and the mute speak. If one choose to live without one of these senses I am sure their others would more then make up for it. Let us use a bat for instance, they can not see well in light, however they have a sonar like sense that allows them to see. Elizabeth says to the elf as she ponders on what he had said for a moment. Perhaps I may never be able to see the reality you see as you have stated, however that only means my lord Pelor does not wish it so. I wish you and your friend a good day, and hope that he eventually gets up. Elizabeth concludes as she walks into the arena looking for Lord Sion.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

The Bhagwan waves his hand dismissively. "A common misconception. Bats actually have rather good vision, and not all use their screeches to find prey. Indeed, many bats dine largely only on fruits, and some even lap up the blood of sleeping creatures for their meals."

He squats down and begins to draw in the dirt with his finger.

"If you have time, lady, like stay and talk a bit. It'd be totally interestingish to talk about what is and isn't with you."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

As the elf responds Elizabeth smiles, I do not believe I mentioned anything about them using their abilities to hunt prey. Perhaps your friend is whispering in your ear. She laughs kindly, not at him though. I was not aware however that they actually had good vision, I thank you for that information. Elizabeth says watching as the man squats in the dirt.

I am sure Lord Sion would understand, after all it is not like he is expecting me or anything, perhaps a few minutes, after all if I stay in that place to long I am bound to have an outburst again at the barbarism. At least out here I could keep this man company for a while, and when he is happy, I can go see to Lord Sion and heal his wounds. Elizabeth says to herself as she slowly sits down in the dirt across from the elf, as she folds her green dress under herself. I suppose I could stay a little while, but not to long. Elizabeth says looking up to the sun before looking back at the man. Well I know that the sun IS one of the forms my lord Pelor takes in the sky each day, to shed is divine brilliance upon all of us, so that even in our darkest moments we know that their is still light. And I also am aware that he believes all things must be kept in balance, it is why he is not in the sky at all times of the day, his divine brilliance would blind us all if it were the case and burn our skin. Elizabeth says, wondering what the man would respond to her, from a crazy poor person, she has come to see him more as that wandering hermit.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

He rubs his eyes with the fingers of his right hand, shields them slightly, and squints up into the sky.

"It seems the sun is up. Hmm... I hadn't actually noticed. I don't believe it to be a god, though it is perhaps the manifestation of some divine will. What are gods anyway but spirits who have become too big for their own britches? There is a natural order, I suppose, in that Earth Mother embraces us all equally as Sky Father looks down upon us. Moreso, there is unnatural order as well. Seek to bring too much into your system, and the system necessarily breaks under its weight. The flows of this world can be controlled no more than can the tides."

He draws a picture of a flying bat, the wings of which somehow transform into the waves of an ocean borne upon the creature's back as he speaks.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth sits patiently listening to his own views, as she watches his right hand draw a bat in the dirt with wings made of ocean waves. Well at least he agreed it was a divine manifestation of some sort. Elizabeth thinks as she looks at the man for a moment. Do you happen to follow the Shalm then? she asks, after all his words sounded much like those who worshiped the god of nature. As to what a god is, I wouldn't call them a spirit as they have a physical body, and they can create avatars of themselves to walk the worlds. Beings beyond our understanding, yes, however there have been mortal men and women who have grown to be saints, and in doing so have touched that divine spark. Elizabeth says implying that one could in theory become a god, it would not be easy, but logically it was possible. Thus meaning that the gods couldn't be spirits in her eyes.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside the Arena
    A young man approaches as the two of you as you speak about religion. He gawks at Shkree for a moment, apparently having never seen a high-elf before. He shuts his mouth and bows slightly, unsure of how to greet the man in proper elven fashion.
    "Greetings fair Sir."
    He then turns to Elizabeth.
    "Hey--You're the one who interrupted the fight earlier today right?" His eyes are sympathetic but you can tell he has something else on his mind. "--I'm really sorry that happened, and I pray that Dmitiri gets what's coming to him! But you can't go off on some holier than thou religious tirade in the middle of an event. For one thing, nobody is forcing anyone to sign up for this; the contestants do so willingly.
    Secondly Fredrick Malloy is an honorable man and has never killed anyone in his fights. He is favored to win this year, and last year he gave all his winnings to the poor!
    And thirdly, if you want to debate the ethics of a sport, be it blood or otherwise, there are the town hall and other public forums for that..."

The Arena; Sion's Room
    "Came to turn you in? After all the fun we had? And your father stripped me of rank? My lord, never! Never to the point of death; never in a thousand lifetimes! Now, if there was a tasty wench who could handle me--" he laughs, "No... I had a time of it convincing your father to let me look for you. I told him if anyone could convince you to come back I would be me, and he agreed. Still didn't trust me though. Sent along this whiny little kid to make sure I did my 'duty', as it were." he laughs again, and you know why. "Of course, that meant I had to lose him quick, didn't it?" He grins. You don't know exactly what he did to 'lose' his partner, but you can bet some part in his plan included drinking the poor lad under the table. "Remind me to tell you about it later."

The rest take their leave.

Your squire fills you in on the fights that happened while you were attending to Elizabeth and her deceased knight; there was a mad-man in a mask that didn't wear any armor and didn't defend himself. He took several slashes to the body and bled all over the place, but ended up winning with a fury of thrusts and stabs at the end. There was another knight in full armor who won quickly and made his opponent look like a fool, knocking him on his butt and never drawing blood. And there was a half-orc almost as big as you, who didn't wear armor either. He disarmed his opponent and later tackled him to the ground, choking him into unconsciousness.
    "Oh, and now that the duke's man is gone..." he pulls a note from his pocket, "Sarai asked me to give you this."
    "Who is this little guy?" asks Loyd, impressed by the youth.
    "Little? I'm almost fourteen!!" he huffs, and you sense another waterfall of words is about to come pouring forth.

Spoiler: Sarai's Note
    Show
    The bets are quite high for some of these contestants. If you wish me to place a bet for you, find me after the next bout.

The High Road
    Vincent shakes his head as he makes his way from the main road. I cannot believe they are actually passing those guys off as real dragon hunters... he thinks to himself as he walks along. They were too old, too fat, too slow... He didn't know where that dragon head came from, but he doubted it was taken from the beast that attacked the wizard's tower two days ago. It probably would've taken at least a week in travel time to bring it back here from wherever it flew off to. The real question is where did it come from and why did it attack? He ponders that thought for awhile. He crosses a rickety rope bridge over a gap in the old wall before finally coming to his second destination for the day, "The Wizard's Tower". What once was an old watchtower atop the old wall is now a newly renovated magic shop. Besides books, wands, and material components, they also deal in magical jewelry and trinkets, accepting them as collateral for loans and sometimes pawning them off later. But that wasn't why Vincent was here.
    "Hey Blake!" he says with a smile.
    "Vincent! You're not enjoying the melee?" ask the old man, smiling in return.
    "Haven't been there today, can't say if it is enjoyable or not. I have other concerns. Did you hear the dragon has been slain already?"
    "I did indeed. The trumpets announced the slayers' arrival earlier didn't they?"
    "Did you also hear they brought the head back with them?" Vincent raises a quizzical eyebrow. The old man thinks for a moment rubbing his bearded chin.
    "I did... I thought that was a frivolous rumor. The dragon was quite large. It must've been a chore bringing the head back here."
    "That was my thought exactly. Do you know of a wizard who would be able to teleport a mass of flesh that large, plus six people?"
    "A few. Master Renulus was here though. I'm quite sure he didn't leave Timbral though. He's been quite busy with Blue Heron business. Archemeus is too proud and too selfish. He could't be bothered. Perhaps someone from the teleporter's guild, or someone from the capital. I doubt a shadow mage would sell his services to the empire. What color robes did you see?"
    "None. I didn't see a mage or wizard among their whole lot. None of the "slayers" looked that fit or that intelligent either."
    "Hmm. Did they let anyone touch the head?" asks the old man.
    "Nope. I tried. The guards kept me back."
    "Illusion perhaps?" he asks quietly.
    "Perhaps," echos Vincent, a sly smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, "After all, it was a blue dragon..."

12. - Top - End - #282

AssassinGuy

Lord Sion empties his cup while listening.
    " I knew I could count on you my friend, well deal with your new friend after the bouts. I do not intend to return for a long while yet. I have much to learn but for now the day is sunny, the drinks are forthcoming and the scent of blood is in the air. It is a good to be alive."

" The boy is my new squire. When I return i'll be bringing back a new knight to serve under him. So far he's very good, at bringing me my drink and keeping me informed."

He turns to the boy.
    " See if you can find that elf and have her put down 150 gold on my next fight. I'll cover should I lose."
    Sion will shoot the **** with Loyd until he's next bout
    Last edited by Jacon; 2015-04-17 at 11:43 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

As the figure comes over to confront Elizabeth she listens to his arguments, quietly waiting for him to finish before speaking up. You are correct in the fact that no one is forcing anyone to sign up, however if you are having priests there to take care of the wounded it should be looked down upon for killing someone, instead of knocking them out or forcing them to surrender. If your child entered the arena and died because someone took the easy road of just killing them, would you not feel as if you had been wronged as well? Something that was made to entertain people should not also cause death. Elizabeth says plainly, not wanting to start an argument over something that she saw as simple common sense.

As to this Fredrick Malloy he sounds very much like my friend who was passing out his winnings with me the other day yesterday with the poor. If what you say is true I wish him luck, and hope that he does not befall the same fate as sir Gerrard has. We need more good people in the world like them to be honest. Elizabeth says happily as she looks back towards the arena. However Lord Sion seems very sure of himself winning, and he also seems to be of a kind heart, if a bit ruggish. Elizabeth says thinking of the small amount of time they had spent together.

As for going to a town hall or such, I just arrived the other day and was informed that the contest would need healers to aid people from losing their lives. Had I known what was going on I would have been their instead, I am sure Gerrard would have as well. However his code would not allow him to walk away from a challenge once he signed up. Elizabeth says kindly as she looks at the arena. However you are right, me being outhere, not healing those I can is helping no one. I should return, at least to see Lord Sion. Shall you be coming? she asks, looking to the elf.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth sits patiently listening to his own views, as she watches his right hand draw a bat in the dirt with wings made of ocean waves. Well at least he agreed it was a divine manifestation of some sort. Elizabeth thinks as she looks at the man for a moment. Do you happen to follow the Shalm then? she asks, after all his words sounded much like those who worshiped the god of nature. As to what a god is, I wouldn't call them a spirit as they have a physical body, and they can create avatars of themselves to walk the worlds. Beings beyond our understanding, yes, however there have been mortal men and women who have grown to be saints, and in doing so have touched that divine spark. Elizabeth says implying that one could in theory become a god, it would not be easy, but logically it was possible. Thus meaning that the gods couldn't be spirits in her eyes.
    He just shrugs. "Isn't a shalm like a type of reed instrument? I may have stories to tell, but I'm not much of a musician.
    Do not the natural spirits of wind and fire have physical bodies? And yet are they not spirits? Though their body and spirit is one.
    Do you not have both a physical body and a spirit within? What then is a god but a spirit of great power that has shed its body and then reclaimed a new one made of immortal divine matter? That is, of course, an oversimplification of the subject, but then, baby steps for the young.
    " He grins at you playfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Artman77 View Post
    Outside the Arena
    A young man approaches as the two of you as you speak about religion. He gawks at Shkree for a moment, apparently having never seen a high-elf before. He shuts his mouth and bows slightly, unsure of how to greet the man in proper elven fashion.
    "Greetings fair Sir."
    He then turns to Elizabeth.
    "Hey--You're the one who interrupted the fight earlier today right?" His eyes are sympathetic but you can tell he has something else on his mind. "--I'm really sorry that happened, and I pray that Dmitiri gets what's coming to him! But you can't go off on some holier than thou religious tirade in the middle of an event. For one thing, nobody is forcing anyone to sign up for this; the contestants do so willingly.
    Secondly Fredrick Malloy is an honorable man and has never killed anyone in his fights. He is favored to win this year, and last year he gave all his winnings to the poor!
    And thirdly, if you want to debate the ethics of a sport, be it blood or otherwise, there are the town hall and other public forums for that..."
    The Bhagwan rolls forward in a somersault then stands to his feet.
    "Like, greetings and some such yourself." He slaps the man hardily on the back.

As the figure comes over to confront Elizabeth she listens to his arguments, quietly waiting for him to finish before speaking up. You are correct in the fact that no one is forcing anyone to sign up, however if you are having priests there to take care of the wounded it should be looked down upon for killing someone, instead of knocking them out or forcing them to surrender. If your child entered the arena and died because someone took the easy road of just killing them, would you not feel as if you had been wronged as well? Something that was made to entertain people should not also cause death. Elizabeth says plainly, not wanting to start an argument over something that she saw as simple common sense.

As to this Fredrick Malloy he sounds very much like my friend who was passing out his winnings with me the other day yesterday with the poor. If what you say is true I wish him luck, and hope that he does not befall the same fate as sir Gerrard has. We need more good people in the world like them to be honest. Elizabeth says happily as she looks back towards the arena. However Lord Sion seems very sure of himself winning, and he also seems to be of a kind heart, if a bit ruggish. Elizabeth says thinking of the small amount of time they had spent together.

As for going to a town hall or such, I just arrived the other day and was informed that the contest would need healers to aid people from losing their lives. Had I known what was going on I would have been their instead, I am sure Gerrard would have as well. However his code would not allow him to walk away from a challenge once he signed up. Elizabeth says kindly as she looks at the arena. However you are right, me being outhere, not healing those I can is helping no one. I should return, at least to see Lord Sion. Shall you be coming? she asks, looking to the elf.
    "You know Orc-Brother Sion?" He eyes Elizabeth dubiously.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

It is one of the titles of Obad-Hai, I may be pronouncing it wrong to be honest. Elizabeth says hoping she had not offended him with her lack of knowledge when it came to religions that were not exactly her own. Would you be referring to the outsiders known as elementals? Elizabeth asks thinking on what he had asked, did they have souls inside them, or were the bodies you saw actually their souls? She had never really looked at it that way before with them, she knew celestial abyssal, and even infernal creatures all had their bodies and souls as one. So why couldn't the elementals she supposed. That would indeed explain why the Light of Pelor is so bright in the sky. Elizabeth says to the elf besides her, not disagreeing with what he had to say.

When the elf asks her if she knew orc brother she looks at him oddly for a moment, If you mean Lord Sion, then I know of him. And I have meet him, earlier as you may have just heard I was in the arena with my friend who was slain, acting as a healer. Your orc brother as you called him, helped me bring my friend to the temple we were staying at so I could perform last rights on my friend. Now that my task is complete I have come to thank him, and offer my aid to him while we are both in this city for his service to me. Elizabeth explains to the elf, though she had a hard time believing the two were related in any way. Lord Sion was noble, even if blunt at times, and well his strength....While this man barely looked like he could reign a horse without talking to it, though their was strength in that as well it was much different. And he also didn't seem like he would fit in with nobility like lord Sion.

16. - Top - End - #286

The boy William grins ear to ear upon hearing his next task.
    "Oh boy! You'll get em good won't you m'lord? Of course you will! And how! Will you ever!" he stuffs the note back in his pocket and runs off, exclaiming your physical prowess to himself as he goes.

The voices of the singers fill the air once again, echoing perfect harmonies off of the arena walls. It was still odd to hear voices being used to announce the contestants instead of trumpets, but no less beautiful.
    The next two to be are Sharasa the Amazon Assassin and Grendle the Lord of Barbarians; defeater of noble armies and scourge of the free cities. By the sounds of the cheering, he seems to be a crowd favorite. As soon as the cheering dies down, an official steps forward and announces that Grendle has been taking potions and is disqualified. The wizard receives only boos in response.

"A shame indeed, to see such a seasoned fighter denied the chance for glory!" Alphonse works the crowd, twisting their passions to energize the next bout, "But his easy victory would PALE IN COMPARISON to our next fight, for two contestants have come from the far reaches of the earth to wage war against eachother in single combat here before you today!!!
    On this side; an exile from his own homeland in the great plains, a wanted man forced to cover his face, a man burning with anger, seeking his own justice, vengence, a reconing, glory, and BLOOD!! The CRIMINAL! The JUDGE! ERENALD the EXECUTIONER"
    the boos in the crowd turn to cheering as Erenald enters the arena, sword raised high.
    "And, on this side; a warrior from the Shadow Lands! A man who knows no anger! A man who kills not for vengance, but because he knows nothing else! A man comforted by spirits and plauged by the living! The bringer of death! The cursed one! RATHNARAAG!!! The clouds pass in front of the sun as Rathnaraag walks slowly to the center of the arena, and there is a sudden chill in the air.

The crowd must feel it too; they fall silent. Erenald slowly circles his opponent, leveling his blade at the taller man. His nerves are not shaken, he steps calmly waiting for his opportunity to strike. Rathnaraag stands as still as a statue, his head only turning slightly as Erenald strafes around him.

Suddenly the executioner lunges, blade swinging in a tight arc towards the taller man's throat. The armored one raises his heavy blade in a flash, and a loud clang pierces the silence as he blocks the deadly strike. He counters, blood sprays from Erenald's chest and steel rings against steel as the smaller man's blade is flung wide at the same time. Rathnaraag strikes again fast and hard, and the executioner flies through the air and hits the dirt like a child hit by a raging bull.

In the blink of an eye the fight is over, and the crowd is silent, stunned by how quickly it has ended. Clerics rush on the field to heal the man, and are quickly attended to by others, who carry his limp body back to his room.
    And the winner... The deadly doombringer from the Shadow Lands; RATHNARAAG!!!

And next, we begin the second round! On this side, hailing from the streets; we have the Scourge, nay Champion of the Amateur Arena, the master of blood and blade, the Widow Maker, DMITRI THE TERRIBLE!!"
    there are a mixture of cheers and boos as Dmitri struts proudly to the middle, his clothes still wet with Gerrard's blood.
    And on this side, hailing from Ashren; we have the Son of Edmund Tryce the Iron King, the unyielding one, the knight crusher, the last living child of the Greatest Clan that has ever ruled the Savage Lands! LORD SION!!!" The crowd cheers loudly as you enter. Not quite as loudly, you notice, as they did for the barbarian called 'Grendle'...
    Last edited by Artman77; 2015-04-18 at 11:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

AssassinGuy

Sion steps into the arena and coolly makes his way towards Dimitri. He stops a short distance away and listens to the crowd. He lifts his club on his shoulder and speaks to Dimitri.
    " Tell me Dimitri the Terrible, are you so unskilled that you feel simply feel the need to use deadly force or...."
    Sion gives a blood thirsty grin " Did you enjoy watching that knights head roll off his shoulders?"

Whatever the reply Sion will charge Dimitri and start the battle.
    Last edited by Jacon; 2015-04-19 at 12:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

It is one of the titles of Obad-Hai, I may be pronouncing it wrong to be honest. Elizabeth says hoping she had not offended him with her lack of knowledge when it came to religions that were not exactly her own. Would you be referring to the outsiders known as elementals? Elizabeth asks thinking on what he had asked, did they have souls inside them, or were the bodies you saw actually their souls? She had never really looked at it that way before with them, she knew celestial abyssal, and even infernal creatures all had their bodies and souls as one. So why couldn't the elementals she supposed. That would indeed explain why the Light of Pelor is so bright in the sky. Elizabeth says to the elf besides her, not disagreeing with what he had to say.
    "Flame and sky and rain and soil, the matter of the world, are, like, companions of the spirit. Elemental or not, it's all pretty basic."

When the elf asks her if she knew orc brother she looks at him oddly for a moment, If you mean Lord Sion, then I know of him. And I have meet him, earlier as you may have just heard I was in the arena with my friend who was slain, acting as a healer. Your orc brother as you called him, helped me bring my friend to the temple we were staying at so I could perform last rights on my friend. Now that my task is complete I have come to thank him, and offer my aid to him while we are both in this city for his service to me. Elizabeth explains to the elf, though she had a hard time believing the two were related in any way. Lord Sion was noble, even if blunt at times, and well his strength....While this man barely looked like he could reign a horse without talking to it, though their was strength in that as well it was much different. And he also didn't seem like he would fit in with nobility like lord Sion.
    "Huh. Orc-brother is an odd one, all eaty and chompy and liking to hit stuff as he does. His aura flows well with the spirits, and I am blessed by sky father to call him friend."
    The Bhagwan stretches almost obscenely, rocking up on his toes. Suddenly, the moment of lucidity he seemed to be having comes to an end as he begins speaking once more into the empty air.
    "Well then, I think I'll go find orc-brother. You've got nothing better to do, so you might as well come.

... While that might be funny, I don't think he would, like, totally appreciate that. So, you probably shouldn't say that to him.
    "

The elf starts to wander almost aimlessly in the general direction of Sion.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

19. - Top - End - #289

"Someone yelled 'finish him quickly!' and that was the quickest way. Come now, you enjoyed it as much as I."
    He tries to side step you as you charge, but your massive club connects. He spins with the blow. You hear his bones break. His shield arm hangs limp. He lunges with a counter, cutting across the inside of your right arm!

20. - Top - End - #290

AssassinGuy

Sions laugh as he spins away from his smaller foe barely paying any attention to the heavy bleeding in his arm. He brings his club to bear once more and he grins madly as his eyes slowly start to dilute and he seems to become even bigger.
    " Yes, I love the smell of human blood, but I always have to show restraint. Now though, I don't feel the need to hold back...
    Sion gives a roar, the kind that shattered the knights charge at the falling of the horses and lunges at Dimitri bringing all he has to bear in a full out attempt to kill him.
    Last edited by Jacon; 2015-04-22 at 08:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

The crowd roars as you charge him again, anticipating what is about to happen next. Unable to lift his shield, Dmitri instead plants his feet and raises his sword that he might meet you full on. But your club is much longer, you are taller, and your arms reach further. He lunges forward in an attempt to spear you. Down comes the knight beater like a mighty tree felled in the forest!

His head pops like a grape, your club burying itself in between the man's shoulders. You can hear the bones pop as his spine is crushed under the weight of the blow. When the dust settles his body lays folded in half in front of you, folded like some macabre accordion.

The crowd is awe-struck. Silent.

Alphonse jumps in once again, directing the energy.
    "And the winner is... LORD SION!!!! Son of the Great Clan!!" The crowd begins to clap. Slowly at first, but then with more enthusiasm. "Sion! Sion! Sion! Sion! Sion!" They begin to chant.

"Not a bad fight--for a noble," Loyd chuckles, Hey, you've got a bit of a mess there." he points at the blood running down the inside of your arm and over your chain mail.

22. - Top - End - #292

AssassinGuy

Sion stands in the center of the arena, breathing deeply. All around him noise and thundering cheers that beat equal with his heart. All around him red as he breathes to controlling the sudden blood lust upon him. He smelled the blood, so strong and overwhelming inciting his compulsion to fight until death. He had spent a life time controlling himself around others and for the first time he's free to do what he wish. The urge to continue the fight, to drive himself into the crowd with his club twirling above his head sending the small pink skins flying was almost overwhelming.
    and than his fathers barking voice. " I did not raise a orc, I raised a lord!"Thunders in his head and everything slows down. He sniffs one last time allowing the intoxicating smell of blood a moment more before slowly heading out.

Sion tiredly sits and has his squire fetch him another drink.
    " I'd like to see you do the same..." He says to Loyd drinking from his tankard. When he mentions his wound he shrugs. "A minor scratch." he says out of breath. He remember the only other time he allowed his bloodlust to overwhelm him he had sunken into a tired state afterwards. Now he was feeling it again and he still had more matches to fight.
    " Fetch me a healer." He tells his squire. "
    Last edited by Jacon; 2015-04-23 at 01:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

When next the elf speaks Elizabeth seems very much confused by his words, they didn't seem to make any sense at all. Then again much of what he said didn't seem to make sense to her, it was like he was from a religion she had never heard about, though that really wouldn't be hard to believe as he was an elf and much older then she. I am sorry, but I do not believe I understand what you are saying sir. Spirits and elements are the same if I had to guess, which is not unreasonable, simply a different way of looking at it. Elizabeth says doubting he would be any less cryptic then he had been thus far.

Sir if you are friends with Lord Sion as well may I accompany you, I may have a better chance of finding him with one of his friends then I would on my own. And well there was an incident earlier in the arena and going in alone may not work out the best, as they may not let me in. My name is Sister Elizabeth Rose Silva by the way. Elizabeth says, just realizing for the first time, neither of them had introduced themselves to each other. And even if he was simply talking to a spirit as he said, it was no excuse to be rude.

24. - Top - End - #294

William's eyes are alight with excitement and his mouth would have a large smile to match them if it wasn't hanging open. He closes his mouth abruptly as you enter.
    "Healer? Yes my lord!" and he darts off through the other door.

Loyd stands akwardly as you sit down next to him.
    "That was some display." Something smells funny. You haven't smelled this smell before. Was it Loyd that was giving off this smell? William reenters with a healer; a handsome looking fellow(by human standards) in his late twenties. The smell grows stronger. The man doesn't meet your gaze. His hands shake as he dresses your wound.

Fear. You can smell his fear... With a trembling voice, the man speaks divine words of healing and you can feel your muscles being 'stitched' back together. Just then Shkree and Elizabeth enter the room.

"What is this? Lord Sion's room? Or a traveler's way-point?" Loyd huffs sarcastically, but when he looks up to see who it is, his tone changes slightly. "By the gods. Lord Sion, how is it that no young lass in Ashren would come within a day's ride of you, but somehow here in Timbral you've managed to fetch half a dozen in a single day?"

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

As the tall man standing near Lord Sion speaks out Elizabeth simply remains quiet as she watches the other healer at work with Lord Sions wounds, after all she had not seen this other man with him before. However as he speaks again, she looks up at the man, much taller then her, with a red beard and does a small curtsy. Perhaps it was because no lass was braze enough to listen to what he had to say, and actually learn something about him. As for it being in Timbral, that is simply coincidence, for had I meet him in my own town of Erwald I would have treated him the same as I am now. She says before turning to look once more at Lord Sion. You have done me a great kindness Lord Sion, and while you will not accept crowns for the title, I ask that you allow me to accompany you, at least until a time where our paths must part due to different things we must get done. I can promise you I can be a very good diplomat if given all the information I need to make a compelling argument, and you have seen my powers in the arts of healing. Elizabeth says kindly to him before adding. However I will not harm a single person for you, nor prepare magic that harms others. My teacher Father Albery taught me a long time ago that magic was made to help people, heal the sick, and protect those who needed its aid. But never to harm the innocent. If you accept my offer, my powers and threw me Pelors hand shall be upon you at all times. Sister Rosalind says as she slowly walks over to one of the bandages the healer was working on and makes sure they were all sterile before being used on him.

Spoiler: Spell being used
    Show
    Detect poison to see if any of the bandages have been poisoned to give someone else the upper hand.

26. - Top - End - #296

AssassinGuy

Sions takes a massive gulp from his tankard and puts it down, His head still pounding from releasing the bloodthirst. He could even smell the healers fear which reeked. Now he understood the tales of the war from his father soldiers. How orcs died with smiles on their faces and great laughter on their lips. These new smells were intoxicating and overwhelming.
    " Perhaps it's because am no longer in the shadow of my brothers." He says to Loyd before turning to the priestess.
    "Your faith is awfully limiting, I wonder what you priest would do in the face of mortal danger....Still I accept your services and will use you wisely in accordance with your god. I also bring fair news. Your friends killer met me in the arena. He faced a lords justice and was found wanting. Dimitri the terrible is no more."
    He sipped from his cup..." Have you seen the The Bhagwan? One of my opponents is said to be connected to the spirit world and I thought to seek out his advise on him and see if a advantage could be found."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

As Lord Sion assumes all priests were like her she shakes her head. Most priests learn to fight actually. And while I can handle a weapon and wear armor I believe violence only begets violence. Wearing any form of armor, or wielding any weapon would show that I could be a threat and thus people would try to kill me. However with no money, no weapons, no armor, and nothing worth taking, who would bother such a person? Elizabeth asks Lord Sion patiently. A knight would not attack an unarmed person, unless they were trained in such arts that would make their very body a weapon, and most vagabonds would rather take hostage people who have wealth on them then a poor beggar, though I admit I am not a beggar, I do live in self poverty. she says thinking nothing of what she has said as if it were perfectly normal to do so. Some of my faith, the great saints even were said to have a pivotal role in destroying the undead armies alongside the kings mages. And if a time came where the dead walked the land again, I perhaps would use my powers to lay them to rest. Though not out of anger or battle, but to free their souls from the necromantic energies that hold them to this world. Elizabeth says warmly.

When news of Dimitri's defeat reaches her ears a small smile appears on her face as she closes her eyes and looks up to the sun, holding her wooden holy symbol and saying a few quick words, before opening her eyes once more and looking to the noble half orc. That is two deeds you have done for me Lord Sion, either you are a very kind soul who will be a great leader one day. Or you will travel one day back to your home and help your people learn how to become one with the world. Thank you. Elizabeth says kissing his hand before looking behind her. I have indeed seen a man who called you orc brother, we were both coming to see you, perhaps he went a different way to look for you? Elizabeth says noticing for the first time that he was not standing behind her.

28. - Top - End - #298

AssassinGuy

Sion lets the priest talk while drinking what was left of his mead. He's briefly reminded of the long theology discussions his father forced on him with a priest who's voice often lulled him into sleep until his sister would smack him in the back of the head. He had come to the conclusions that must priests love to talk and would spend hours chatting about their gods if you let them.
    He eyes her when she holds up her symbol and mutters what must be some sort of prayer. " A leader? I hope not, am more for bashing than for talking."He returns to drinking and waits for the next fight to happen.

29. - Top - End - #299

The next bout is between Sir Edward and Clayton the King-killer. Sir Edward is announced as last years champion. The crowd goes wild when he enters, but falls silent when Clayton steps out from the other side. There are murmurs of worry when he crosses the arena; apparently he has lived up to his name in some regard: they are worried the defending champion has met his match.

Clayton draws first blood. Edward stumbles. He recovers quickly and the fight is on. The sound of steel on steel is drowned out by the roar of the crowd. It seems to go on forever. The ale wears off and William refills your cup. Your stomach begins to growl again. Blood drips from the armor of each contestant. Their swings begin to slow. Their footsteps are heavy. Clayton swings his massive blade and sends the champion flying to the dirt. He is on him in a flash, his sword catching the sunlight as he swings it in a wide arc over his head. Edward can barely roll over. The crowd is silent.

Suddenly he rolls towards Clayton, drawing a small dagger from within his armor and stabs the larger man in the chest with his right, catching the hilt of the massive blade in his left. He climbs to his feet, and stabs Clayton multiple times in the throat, kicks him in the stomach, and steps away as he falls. The stadium erupts into shouts and cheers of relief. The healers run out to heal the man; struggling to carry him off.

"Next up! The one who was robbed of her chance for victory in the Arena! Hailing from the islands on the western edge of the world! The Incredible! The DAUNTLESS! The AMAZING SHARASA!! AMAZON ASSASSIN!!
    And, from the eastern edge of the world! The Son of Edmund Tryce the Iron King, the unyielding one, the knight crusher, the last living child of the Greatest Clan that has ever ruled the Savage Lands! LORD SION!!!

30. - Top - End - #300

AssassinGuy

Sion strides from his tent to meet his new foe. Still feeling a little off from his last rage he'll bow his head respectfully to his opponent and prepare to fight.

( Same attacks as before but -2 to attacks and damage due to rage.)