New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron with Giant Robots: Sharn

[ooc]He only poked the body to see if it was alive or dead. Being full of arrows, it was clearly dead. Does the guardian of doom appear just for approaching? Also, what's the actual size category?[/ooc]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Guardian of doom appears just if Achille gets close. And he's only as large as the dead minotaur, just, standing on a really big rock.)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    "Um, sorry. I didn't see those arrows until just now. Er, we'll go away if you really want us to." Achille says to the guardian shape of doom. "Wait, how did you know I was human? You can't see anything about us through these mechanoid things."
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

Ike stares at the "guardian of doom" that just appeared. Inside his Kothar, he shakes his head as he realizes that this can not possibly end well (though he has difficulty deciding whether the team or the guardian of doom is doomed).

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Paladin View Post
    Ike d'Cannith

Ike stares at the "guardian of doom" that just appeared. Inside his Kothar, he shakes his head as he realizes that this can not possibly end well (though he has difficulty deciding whether the team or the guardian of doom is doomed).
    Wrench

Growing more confused by the moment Wrench turns to McCormick and asks "I thought you fleshies opened your eyes when it got light? Why is that one still resting?"
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground

McCormick

Knowing that Wrench may lack the skills to put all the pieces together but is smart enough to figure it out. "Well Wrench, whats wrong with a machination if you cannot fix it?"

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    McCormick

Knowing that Wrench may lack the skills to put all the pieces together but is smart enough to figure it out. "Well Wrench, whats wrong with a machination if you cannot fix it?"
    Wrench

Wrench looks very confused for a moment, but then the meaning dawns on him. "Oh! Thats not good. I wonder how it happend?"
    The Tangled Web

8. - Top - End - #338

BlackDragon

The black minotaur snarls and pulls a weapon out from behind his back. And the boulder. Because it is a truly massive weapon- a greataxe intended for a creature far larger than the minotaur, but of unusually skilled make for a giant's weapon, encrusted with gems and runes and sporting twin blades shaped like demon wings tapering to needle-like points. The minotaur gestures with the weapon in a vaguely western direction.

"I an tell you are human because only humans would bother with armor that turns them into something else. Interlopers, I will not kill you, I have more important matters to attend to. My father's murderers are aproaching, the wretched ogre scum that have fallen under the thrall of that silver giant. But I will slay them all. Go now. if you are within even a mile of this place when the battle begins... I cannot promise that you will not die."
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    "Um...are you sure that you don't want any help? Those ogres keep going after us, too, and even though I really hope I'm wrong about this, I think we're at war with that silver giant. We're going that way, too, and it's really annoying when they try to ambush us."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Banned

Casfal loads his Kothar's crossbow, observing the situation. In his concentration, he does not notice the sparkle of blue that appears on his shoulder and solidifies into a crystal about the size of his palm.

11. - Top - End - #341

BlackDragon

The minotaur's brow furrows. "You too are at war with the ogres? Interesting. Perhaps we could use you... though I am more than a match for a mere six of the beasts, I nonetheless would not wish to deprive you of the chance to do battle with your enemies."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    "Um..." Achille starts to correct the bigass black shape of doom, but just says, "Thanks. It's really, ah, annoying when they keep trying to ambush us, even, er, though they're really bad at it. Um, unless you think we'll be able to avoid them." He says the last to the rest of the group.

13. - Top - End - #343

Wrench

Wrench looks very confused for a moment, but then the meaning dawns on him. "Oh! Thats not good. I wonder how it happend?"
    Mutters another quick prayer, "Think of the arrows as heavy hammer blows to a piece of clock work my friend. Flesh does not stand up to many arrows just as a fine clock can be destroyed by a hammer. Do you understand now? And before you say it, no the Minotaur was not clockwork or hit with a hammer, at least, by the looks of it."

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Samma View Post
    The minotaur's brow furrows. "You too are at war with the ogres? Interesting. Perhaps we could use you... though I am more than a match for a mere six of the beasts, I nonetheless would not wish to deprive you of the chance to do battle with your enemies."
    "Speak no more of it, we are with you! These suites of armor working together as a force can handle at least five ogre, from what we've seen so far." His Kothar reaches back and unlimbers its crossbow and readies a bolt as he says this.

{ OCC: Yep, that's right, he just volunteered the whole group to do battle. }

15. - Top - End - #345

Wrench

Wrench draws his battle-axe and begins casting an infusion. It takes him 1 minute to finish, and he holds the charge of the infusion for now.

{OOC: Casting Personal Weapon Augmentation, and selecting Bane (Giant).

When applied, the axe will act as a +3 Flaming BattleAxe, that does an additional 2d6 dmg when used against Giant-typed monsters, such as ogres. Lasts for 20 minutes. Acts normal against non-giants.

Boo-Ya!}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-05-22 at 09:10 PM.
    The Tangled Web

16. - Top - End - #346

McCormick

Looks to Wrench, "A good idea!" He puts away his crossbow and then gets out the axe, setting it down so it can be picked up when needed. His Kothars arms suddenly go limp after the axe is set down. If you listen closely you can hear him shuffling about for something in the Kothar. "Aha, there you are my sweet!"

A beautiful and enchanting melody spills out borne upon high split notes that speak of battle, strife, love, the sun, and a myriad of images that all stir in the mind. After the melody stops a tune seems to carry in your heart, wanting to make you puff up your chest, and throw back your shoulders in set determination.

{ Inspire Courage }

The Kothar picks up the axe.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    Achille draws the Kothar's flaming axe and begins practicing a bit with it. At first, he strikes to empty places in the air, in a manuver simmilar to how he struck two ogres at once in the previous fight. Then, he stops, places his left hand to where the Kothar's temple would be, and holds it there for as long as he had been whirling around. While he concentrates on closing his mind to outside influence, he gets an idea. Immediately after he's done, the warblade starts circling one spot in the air, striking toward it with a suprising focus. He repeats these excercises, varying them slightly to hit harder or more accurately either until the ogres show up or for five minutes, whichever is less time.

[ooc]Readying Steel Wind, Moment of Perfect Mind, and Steely Strike. Do we get enough prep time for that?[/ooc]

18. - Top - End - #348

BlackDragon

(Take as long as you like...)

19. - Top - End - #349

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Samma View Post
    (Take as long as you like...)
    {OOC: Edited my post to hold the charge instead of applying it immediately.}
    The Tangled Web

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

Ike draws his Kothar's crossbow and loads it. He then uses the same ability he has already manifested twice before in order to improve his defensive capabilities in preparation for the upcoming battle.

(OoC: Manifesting Force Screen. I'll leave other powers for when the battle has begun, for all of Ike's psionic powers besides the useless-in-most-situations Minor Creation are combat-oriented.)

21. - Top - End - #351

Wrench

Having finished preparing his infusion, Wrench looks at the minotaur and asks "So, where are these ogres and giants?"
    The Tangled Web

22. - Top - End - #352
    Banned

Casfal's eyes glow as he manifests defensive precognition.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC 24, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +3, 20 rounds

23. - Top - End - #353

BlackDragon

The undergrowth to the party's south begins to rustle ominously. The minotaur grins hugely and hefts his axe.

"Looks like they're here."

A single ogre bursts out of the bushes, screams, clutching at an open wound in his neck, and falls to the ground, twitching.

The minotaur blinks. "What the hell was-"

The forest then erupts into flames as an enormous silver armored shape bursts into the clearing, wielding a great sword wreathed in silver flame. The mobile suit is easily twice as large as the kothars, and just judging by the craftsmanship of the armor, it appears to have been constructed using far advanced technology.

"So the dogs of Breland have put their stolen spells to work!" comes a hollow, screaming voice from within the ominous silver shell. "Then it will be my happy duty to execute these heretics in the name of Thrane. Now die!"

[Initiative rolls and actions, peeps.]

24. - Top - End - #354

{OOC: Is it too late to change the target of my Bane from Giants to something else? Also, will a Construct Bane work against these armor suits?}

Initiative - (1d20+1)[16]
    The Tangled Web

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    HP 28/28, mechanoid 27/30
    AC 22 touch 10 flat irrelevant due to Uncanny Dodge
    6 Action Points
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[7]

[ooc]I assume that he's Huge sized. How far is he from us?[/ooc]

26. - Top - End - #356

BlackDragon

(Asmodeus: I'll go ahead and let you change it, but construct bane will only affect the mobile suit itself- once you're hacking at the meaty pilot inside, it won't affect him the same way.

And let's say he's a good fifty feet away and you guys are all roughly the same distance from him. For the sake of argument.)

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    HP 28/28, mechanoid 27/30
    AC 22 normally, 18 with Punishing Stance and charge penalties
    6 Action Points
    Initiative 7, action point may or may not be used to improve
    Round 1

"Tira Mirron, why can't I ever be right about something good?!" Achille shouts at the confirmation of his suspicions of a war between Breland and Thrane. Without another word, he runs at the Suited Psychotic Thrannish Inquisitor with his flaming axe in both hands, striking an incredibly reckless blow.

[ooc]Moving into a Punishing Stance as a swift action, then charging as a full-round action. Power Attacking for a -2 penalty to his attack roll, and a +4 bonus to damage(wielding a weapon in 2 hands).
    ToHit - (1d20+9)[22] +2 BAB, -2 Power Attack, +7 STR, +1 enhancement bonus, -1 size, +2 charge
    AxeDamage - (2d6+15)[17] +10 STR*1.5, +4 Power Attack, +1 enhancement bonus.
    PunishingStanceDamage - (1d6)[3]
    FireDamage - (1d6)[5]

Yes, I know perfectly well that I'm provoking an AoO from the most dangerous opponent we've faced so far.[/ooc]

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]ActionPoint - (1d6)[3] To increase attack roll.[/ooc]

29. - Top - End - #359

McCormick

{ Things are going to be sparse from me starting next week as the baby arrives Tuesday. Ahhh, nutz! I can't find my Kothar character sheet now... holding on posting until I get some of my stuff together.}

30. - Top - End - #360

BlackDragon

(S'cool, real life must take precedence. We're not in a huge hurry here.)