New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron with Giant Robots: Sharn

*dig dig dig*... This all seems familiar to Angel somehow... She looks over at Steph-Mil after hearing her comment, shrugs, then gets back to work.
    Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2007-11-24 at 12:56 AM.
    My 3D art page: Contact Lost

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

...*twitch*

"We've got another artificer now, right?" Rin observes to Angel. "That means I can kill her and we won't be short a man, right?"

Fuming, she marches in a direct line toward the other Changeling, fists clenching and twitching in the direction of her sword hilt.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Dove follows, catching sight of an extremely angry Rin on the way. She pitches her voice tactfully low, for Mileva to hear. "Mileva, I believe you have offended Rin..."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Orc in the Playground

"Naw, honcho, but you get to tell someone else to do it. But if you're gonna go psycho, don't you need an axe or a magic chainsaw or something?" She laughs, then adds, "Have you ever considered that she's deliberately provoking you and you're just giving her what she wants?"

She turns back to work but then something in the back of her brain kicks in, and it's not her sex drive in high gear. Although..."Say Dove, the Commander said the Brelish military wanted to examine you. Any idea why? Your construction isn't standard, is that it?"
    Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2007-11-24 at 01:32 AM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"I got a big sword and lightning powers. That's good enough for me!" Rin shouts back, without taking her eyes off her target.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Actually, I somehow doubt Dove is an artificer, as she never touched the suit, and because of her unusual construction I would be led to believe that-OHGODSSHE'SGOINGTORAPEME!!!"

Mileva hides behind Dove, trying to use her as a shield from Rin.
    Last edited by Lucid_Archon; 2007-11-24 at 01:32 AM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

"I am not an artificer, in fact, I—Rin, don't you think you should talk this over first?" Dove asks, interposing herself... or, well, actually Mileva is already behind her?

8. - Top - End - #878
    Orc in the Playground

"Sweet Voice of The Flame, that girl ain't right... I wonder if Steph is from Cyre?"

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rin stands, arms on hips, and glares intensely at her quarry.

"Okay, first off? I'm short by choice. It throws off the enemy in a fight. I'm a good five-eight by default. Second, psychotic?" She pauses and seems to consider. "Let me get back to you on that."

At this point she gets significantly louder, and starts emphasizing her sentences with wild swings of her arm and accusatory points toward the other changeling. "Third...I'll give you a warning this time, 'cause we're both new hires and I don't want to get sacked for decapitating you. If you ever even imply that I would give up my body for money again, you die. Period. Half the rest of our species may be disgusting sluts, but I'm not one of them, and don't you damn well forget it!"

She sighs, and seems to regain some composure. "And finally, what the Khyber? Why would I rape you? That's disgusting. Kill you, sure. Defile the corpse, maybe, but not like that."

She then reaches back over her shoulder and puts her hand on her sword hilt. "Now, are we clear, or am I going to have to demonstrate consequences?"
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright, my response is as follows; Three, you have iss-ues! Two, aha! So you admit it! Four, preconditioned response. One, short can quantify other aspects than your height, and in this case it does. Additionally, it would be implied that said 'consequences' are undesirable as I've taken steps to avoid them."

Mileva is unnecessarily twitchy by the time she's stopped talking.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rin smiles in her most disconcerting manner. Rather effective, since she's still in her fifteenish-year-old girl shape. "Yeah, I've got issues. But there's a very simple way to avoid me taking them out on you, and now you know."

She releases her sword and moves out of any semblance of a combat stance. "And knowing is half the battle. The other half is getting your ass kicked by me, so I'd quit while you're ahead."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mileva pulls out a fork from her belt.

"Once killed three men with this one fork in a bar fight. Shall I demonstrated how I did it?"

She menaces with it's spikes of metal.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

Dove looks back and forth between the two, reasonably satisfied at the low level of threats, until Mileva pulls out... a fork (used in threatening manner, inquire as to reasoning at later date). "Please refrain from taking hostile action against one another. This is," she adds meaningfully, "a recent combat zone." Still polite, but in a much firmer tone.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah. No fighting in the war zone. Can one of you give me a hand with this one?" Angel points to the cadaver, still curious about why Breland wants to examine Dove.
    Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2007-11-24 at 02:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Heh. You're very brave when it looks like I'm backing down," Rin says dismissively. "But Dove here has a point. And we both have jobs to do. Now get to work."

She turns her back to Mileva, and goes back to help Angel with the burial.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #886
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Thrax watches for a second as Rin and Mileva go back and forth before going back to work. He makes a mental note to stay away from the crazy one....and not to piss off the other...
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

17. - Top - End - #887
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mileva goes to help Achille with the salvaging, putting th fork back in her belt. Her clothing shifts from a military outfit to a slightly stained peasant garb.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Dove pauses and looks back towards Angel for a moment, but they're on duty and Angel wasn't in her mech; she makes a note to answer her question and get her name when one or the other condition stopped. Methodically, she assists in looking through the wagons and debris.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+2)[7]

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, no, I haven't found anything yet..." Achille answers the name-changeling. It seems that he'd like to tell the changelings to knock it off, but all he can get out is a mumbled "Please stop fighting..." Once the crazier one pulls the fork, he starts going for his sword, but stops when she seems to listen to Dove and Angel. When she goes to help him, he finds that the process of salvaging is quite helpful for stopping her from getting a good look at his eyes.

[ooc]Just trying to explain the craptastic Search check. Apparantly, I rolled a d2 on the regular check. My die gives an 18 after his INT bonus.[/ooc]
    Last edited by Winged One; 2007-11-24 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

There's a lot to find, but not much variety- the caravan was mostly carrying weapons and supplies for humanoid soldiers, and none of the former better than masterwork. There are rations and various other odds and ends in plenty, though, and some food that isn't usually used for rations and looks reasonably fresh.

Kara watches the altercation between the two shangelings very carefully, but doesn't intervene. She helps bury the bodies, and then joins the others in searching for useful supplies. She's there when Achille uncovers a large device that resembles a giant-sized bracelet set with what appears to be some kind of measuring device, which is covered in dials and switches.

"Hmmm, this might help any problems you lot have with the suits' balance," says Kara, loudly enough for all to hear. "This is a machine artificers can use to adjust the enchantments on a mech. David can use it to tune your machines to your specifications, if you like."

The Gnome, meanwhile, after watching the two girls almost beat the crap out of each other in rapt fascination, takes a little while to look Dove up and down a few dozen times. It's probably very unnerving.

(You guys can adjust the Strength and Dex bonuses on your machines as much as you want by trading points in one for points in the other. The limit is that there must be a bonus of at least +2 in the lower stat boost and that for every +2 you put into Dex, the mech is going to lose a point of its armor bonus to AC. The supplies are pretty standard fare- if you want, assume you can pick up one or two of more or less any mundane item from the PHB at this point, though I'm sure most of you already have everything you want in that area.)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rin, having finished with the burials in the time the others took to search, wanders over to look at the stat-adjuster machine. "Mmm...nope, my Caex is good I think. I just need to work on my precision against these other suits. Neat thing, though."

Rin then walks over to take a look at the other search results. "Right. Good job you all. If anyone forgot anything, go ahead and take it. Respectfully. Other than that, grab whatever food and...hey boss, are we camping here, or moving on?" She looks up to gauge the time of day as she waits for a response.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Orc in the Playground

Exhausted, Angel finishes the last of the burials, but perks up a bit after hearing about the rebalancing bracelet. "Hey David... Daaaaviiiid..." Trying to get the gnome's attention, who seems to be leering at Dove.... "Eberron to David... DAVID! Hey, snap out of it, will ya?" She waits until she has his attention. "That bracelet thing, can you rebalance Stomper's sense of balance with it?" She says, pointing at the purple and black Ixen she's been riding in. "For a fire support War- mobile suit, it's too strong for its own good. Fine motor control gets too exaggerated and throws off my aim. Can you dial it down a bit so subtle movements don't get washed out?"

[OOC]Trading 6pts str for dex, new AC +12[/ooc]

23. - Top - End - #893

NinjaGuy

When he's finished digging, Thrax takes a few moments to look around in the caravan before gravitating towards the downed and now at least partially fixed suit. He spends a few moments looking in the cockpit, attempting to figure out how and what the various things do, though he doesn't actually go into it just yet, as he's aware the artificers might not be finished with it. To that end he looks to where Dove and David went, and over the areas that they worked on to see how much has been fixed.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

Dove notices the Gnome watching her, although she doesn't seem to know what to make of it. For a while, she settles on ignoring it, but once Angel goes over to talk with him, Dove silently follows. She might as well address two curious individuals at the same time. If that was why he was staring at her.

"I don't think I had either of your names... David? And..." She trails off looking at Angel expectantly.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Orc in the Playground

"Angel," she says wearily, waiting for the gnome who seems lost in thought even after apparently getting his attention. "Nice to meet you."

26. - Top - End - #896
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah, it's sad, my darling Kothar is too old of a model to modify for my benefit. You would think the nation that made an entire city fly could infuse a suit with a bit more potent dweomer-weave. Well, maybe the next batch..."

Mileva looks around at the newcomer and Thrax, and starts counting on her fingers.

"We've not enough suit so go around, one short by my count. Who gets to sit on Rin's head this time?"

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

"That will not be necessary, I am happy to say. The reason I was in the convoy in the first place, as you asked earlier," she nods to Angel, "was that I have been extensively modified to serve the suits much as a docent does when attached to a warforged. I do not require a suit of my own to function, and should be able to fit within the framework of most standard production models."

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rin looks at Dove incredulously at that announcement.

"That...is incredibly cool! What all do you add to a suit if you're not piloting it?"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mileva stares at Dove agape for a moment, then launches into rant.

"Cool? That's amazing! I knew you were special, a body that beautiful isn't just made for ascetics! You are the most amazing advancement in Warforged technology since the incorporation of living tissue. Do... Do you want to... ride in my Kothar?"

30. - Top - End - #900

NinjaGuy

Thrax notes the commotion over Dove, but is probably just out of earshot, and makes a mental note to ask her about it later. He continues his inspection of the Phantom, looking over its head and arms, noting differences between it and the Breland models that everyone else is piloting.