New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Eberron with Giant Robots: Sharn

Thrax narrows his eyes and unslings his crossbow, leveling it on the man.

"Whoever you are. Hands up."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille suits up in stoic silence, deciding not to get involved in Rin and Angel's argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Liz takes a deep breathe, then imbues her jump suit with an infusion of owl's wisdom before leaping into her suit. She shifts unusually quickly and smoothly into a raven haired, pale women, as her clothes lengthen and blacken into a Victorian dress. She slams on the communicator on open band and speaks to everyone in a crisp, curt voice. "Attempt to keep communication to a minimum, in all likelihood our channels can be intercepted."

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille's monotone immediately comes in reply. "Understood." He decides to ask Liz how she knows this later.
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rin is about to argue the point, when she realizes this means that she won't have to listen to people questioning her authority all fight. "Acknowledged. Hand signs only. Let's go."
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Orc in the Playground

"Ok boss, your call." Angel, (hopefully) suited and sealed up at this point, looks around the hangar for the biggest, baddest, ranged weapon she can find to shoot the big black dragonmech tearning a hole in the roof. If there's time, she casts Shield of Faith and Divine Favor on Stomper. Silver flames cover the mobile suit, providing additional protection, and additional flames dance around her ranged weapon.
    Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2008-08-21 at 11:28 AM.
    My 3D art page: Contact Lost

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

The dragonmech (which I am going to start calling the dinomech to avoid confusion) is actually largely a dark bronze, with brightly lit green eyes. And it is currently chewing its way into the hangar bay from the top hatch, oblivious of the heavily armed mobile suits coming to life directly beneath it.

Angel, sadly, can't find anything in the hangar bay more powerful than what she's already got.

Karas, who actually looks like he's in his mid-to-late twenties, steps behind Dove and puts an arm around her waist. "Looks like it's our cue to leave," he muses, before leaping, without apparent effort, warforged and all, upwards and onto the dinomech's head before bouncing away to land beside the man in the gold robe who is just now turning to see Thrax.

"Good lord," he says, "I think the eonsleep killed my edge, Karas, this young man seems to have gotten the drop on me."

"I wouldn't worry about it Anavel," says Karas, releasing his grip on Dove and stepping between her and Thrax. "You've still got me. You want him in three pieces or four?"

"I rather think that he would shoot me if you tried that," says Anavel, amicably raising his hands as instructed. As he does so, it becomes apparant that the front of his garment is embroidered with the image of a lion head, flanked by green flames. Rather similar to the gigantic robot lion that has come up so close behind Thrax that the warforged can feel the vibrations in the air as the beast snarls at him.

(Might as well roll initiative now, otherwise we'll never get to it. :P)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

As Angel casts her preperation spells, Rin quickly chugs a potion, granting her own mech a shield of divine energy, then finishes strapping herself in and readies the Caex's shield and chain.

"Let's go, witch."

Initiative - (1d20+1)[16] (InvisibleCastle better come back later...)
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi, Thrax." Dove waves. "Karas, this is Thrax, one of my squadmates. I'd like it if you left him in one piece. Thrax, this is Karas and—Anavel, was it? Nice to meet you, too. I realize this is a battle zone right now, but can we please stop exchanging threats? They're trying to leave, after all."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Orc in the Playground

((I rolled a 22 on init a bit ago, does that still count?))

Hope she knows what she's doing... Angel thinks to herself, watching Karas spirit Dove away. Not seeing anything more powerful, and with the thrill of piloting an antique museum piece worn off, she finishes her enchantments, sighs, and proceeds to lock and load the crossbolt, taking aim at the robodino chomping through the roof.

11. - Top - End - #1391

BlackDragon

(Elvith: Sure.

Waiting for the stragglers...)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goth Liz cracks her knuckles as she shakes the dust off her suit. "Watch your head Dove. You could easily be crushed over on the wrong side of the battle."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+1)[18]

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille simply draws the Caex's greatsword and assumes his defense-forsaking stance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]move: draw. swift: Punishing Stance.Initiative - (1d20+2)[4] Can I keep the Duel of Wills effects?[/ooc]

14. - Top - End - #1394

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    1d20 + 2 initiative = 21 init

Thrax eyes Dove, but doesn't lower his weapon.

"Let her go, Karas. I won't harm your friend here if you do."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Dove shakes off a sense of déjŕ vu and explains, "It's fine, Thrax. He's going to show me why their culture is planning to attack ours, so that we can see if we can settle it without an all-out war."

16. - Top - End - #1396

BlackDragon

(Achille: Yes.)

Karas smirks and pats Dove on the shoulder. "I don't think she wants to go back with you, pal. Don't worry, we'll take good care of her. And Anavel won't have to break you into pieces."

With a final heave of its mighty claws, the dinomech forces its way into the hangar and lands amidts your mobile suits like a fox among very angry chickens.

Commander Ronah's voice can be heard over the comm crystals.

"I'm here! I'll be there soon, and the adduran will chase them out. You have to keep them occupied until then! Defend the ship, that's an order!"

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Orc in the Playground

"Roger that Ma'am. ANGRY CHICKEN!" Angel takes aim at the robodino as it lands on the deck. Stomper unleashes a crossbolt. It trails blue-white flames mixed with an icy trail...

Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2008-08-27 at 11:23 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1398

NinjaGuy

Thrax shakes his head slightly, keeping his crossbow trained on Anavel.

"No, Dove, if he were attempting that, they wouldn't be attacking the ship and causing an incident that might lead to war in the first place. There isn't time to argue this. Karas. Last chance. Release her now, or else."

Thrax's eyes glow blue.

(Declaring Psionic Shot for next attack, holding action for now.)

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rin
    HP: 40/40 17/17
    AC: 23 25 (forgot that potion I just drank) Touch 10 Flatfooted 24
    Spells remaining: 4/3

"...Angry chicken?" Rin wonders. She uses the Caex's arm to signal Achille to try and flank the enemy on the right before moving toward the enemy's left side and probing her defenses with a basic chain attack.

Attack Roll (1d20 9=21)

Damage (3d6 1d6 8=22) (3 of that is electrical).
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-28 at 04:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

"They have," she says, trying to remain patient (and calm; Thrax's objections have shaken her conviction a bit more than the others') "some reason for wanting to attack us. They've agreed to show me what that reason is, and then I'm hoping to be able to find some sort of compromise. It's worth a try. We can't afford to make more enemies right now."

21. - Top - End - #1401

BlackDragon

Keras (whose name I will now be spelling slightly differently because I am a chowderhead and completely forgot that there is already another npc with nearly the same name AND THAT'S NOT CONFUSING AT ALL) throws his arms up expressively and laughs. "I really don't know how to put this any clearer pal, she chose to come with me, she's free to go any time she wants. And if you shoot that man, you are going to die."

The dinomech lets out a horrific scream as the bolt buries itself in the side of the thing's neck and the caex's chain scores its flank. Whirling, it snaps its tail around Rin's suit's legs, tumbling the machine to the floor.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Orc in the Playground

Angel moves to provide cover fire for Rin, pumping the crossbolt and readying for another round.

AC: 28
    HP: 45/22

{{whops! critical is x3 not x2! 3d8+2+1d6=15}}
    Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2008-08-29 at 11:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille
    AC 21
    HP 39/39 Mech 40/40

Achille circles around the dinomech to get it between him and Rin and strikes quickly and powerfully at one of the seams in it's armor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Emerald Razor with Caex greatsword and full Power Attack (1d20 8=17) Vs. touch AC. Forgot to add the +1 from Duel of Wills, but it's not like a mech is going to have much of a touch AC. No flank bonus because it knocked Rin down before his initiative.
    Damage(Base then fire then Punishing Stance) (4d6 20=36, 1d6=4, 1d6=1)=41 damage

24. - Top - End - #1404

BlackDragon

(Bwahahahaha! The combat! It moves! Slowly, but, eh, can't have everything.)

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(Speaking of movement...I'm going to post my next turn move now just in case I get smacked with a hurricane in the next day or two.)

HP: 40/40 17/17
    AC: 25 Touch 10 Flatfooted 24
    Spells remaining: 4/3 2

Bypassing my armor...good call.

Rin's Caex stumbles to its feet, and eats an Attack of Opportunity. Assuming that that doesn't kill her somehow, electricity begins crackling along her mech's right hand as she begins to channel a spell.

"Here I go! SHOCKING FINGEEEEER!" she shouts as she uses more force than is strictly necessary to deliver a Shocking Grasp spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Spell Failure 30% - (1d100)[55]

Ignore this if she took an AoO as Rin was standing; Rin will cast normally in that case. Concentration DC 16 - (1d20+7)[9] (Uh, add +4 because I can't read my own character sheet, apparently. Not that it matters much...)

Touch Attack - (1d20+8)[9] (and add +3 to this because I can't read my own spell descriptions. Again, probably does not matter.)
    Electricity Damage - (3d6)[8]
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-09-01 at 03:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1406

BlackDragon

(Okay, still missing actions for this round from like, three people? I'm not revealing how awesome the rest of the battle is until I get everyone's actions.)

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goth Liz slams into the dinomech at a run, trying to force it back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bull Rushing from a charge. 1d20+15 = 25

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

((Sorry work's been hectic))

Stomper crouches down and uses whatever is available for cover. Angel lets lose another icy hot bolt at the robodino, hoping to shoot it somewhere vulnerable.

29. - Top - End - #1409

NinjaGuy

Thrax narrows his eyes, but makes no move....yet.
    (Still holding action)

30. - Top - End - #1410

BlackDragon

The dinomech is too busy clawing a series of gashes in Achille's suit to take a crack at Rin, and subsequently takes the sword blow across the chest, leaving a long but shallow rent which is quickly pierced by Angel's crossbolt shot. The thing lets out an animal scream, which shifts slightly higher in tempo as Rin bruches it with her electric assault. In nearly the same instant, Liz's mobile suit slams into it like a ton of bricks.

A ton of bricks that fails to actually move the thing.

"Can I let my arms down now?" asks Anavel almost conversationally. "It's becoming rather tiresome."