New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron with Giant Robots: Sharn

Ike d'Cannith

Ike enters the clearing near the lake. "I keep saying that this is not a good idea-" He notices that the feline suit is not threatening the group in any way midway through his rant. "Well...that settles some of my fears, but maybe it is just missing its pilot at the-" He then notices that Wrench is approaching it, and calls out, "Wait! That thing might still be hostile!"

What manner of devilry awaits us now?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille goes with Wrench, thinking that the worforged will need his help if the suit becomes hostile in the middle of his examination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wrench

As soon as Ike calls 'wait', Wrench will stop and look back at the rest of the party.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

McCormick

Grits his teeth and curses quietly. |Oh well, I guess we die here and now.| He begins muttering prayers under his breath.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

The mechanical beast is truly a work of art, a great lion rendered in perfectly sculpted metal. Its armor seems to have been constructed of mithral or a substance very similar to it, and the entirety of the creation is covered in delicate scrollwork and skillfully carved details. Its mane is constructed of beautifully polished gold, and the beast's eyes are like great emerald windows.

It remains silent until the clearing is approached, but as Wrench and Achille approach it suddenly rises to its feet and turns towards them.

A voice speaking a strange language apparently stops it from attacking. At the edge of the lake, hitherto hidden by the lion's paws, is a tall man dressed in an elaborate golden robe. He slowly turns towards you, revealing slightly pointed ears, slitted golden cat-like eyes, and shoulder length black hair. He ***** his head to the side, observing you curiously, before making another statement in what might be the same language. None of you have any idea what it might be.
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

6. - Top - End - #216

Wrench

Wrench raises one hand on the Kothar, and waves it at the man, raising his voice as he shouts "Hello there!"
    The Tangled Web

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

Casfal, who instinctively raised his crossbow when the cat creature stood, lowers it. He raises his Kothar's other hand into the air and takes a step forward.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um...do you speak any other languages?" Achille asks the odd man.
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

9. - Top - End - #219

BlackDragon

(I just feel the need to state, for the record, that I continue to find it hilarious that the wordfilter filters that particular synonym for "tilt". It makes my post look so much dirtier than it is.)

The corners of the man's mouth twitch upwards as he awkwardly replicates your hand-waving motion.

"Oh... hello? Forgive me, I am still learning your language. How you say... what is up?"
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Casfal gets out of his Kothar. We're on our way to Wroat, to deliver these, he gestures at the suits. We saw what your cat did to those flying things. Very impressive, he adds.

11. - Top - End - #221

McCormick

Listens to the first few phrases of the mans language to see if he recognizes the dialect.

Knowledge:Geography - (1d20+2)[10]

He decides that he cannot make heads or tails of the region the man may have come from. McCormick looks over the mechanized lion, "Is this of your construction?" He walks his Kothar closer to the man and the machine, once close enough he starts getting out of the Kothar's belts and buckles to examine it more closely.

Last edited by Resonance; 2007-04-26 at 12:23 PM. Reason: ...post roll update for following character action

12. - Top - End - #222

Knowledge:Arcna/Bardic Knowledge - (1d20)[4]

Specifically looking at the scroll work to see if I recognize the craftsmanship.

Which is a definite no...
    Last edited by Resonance; 2007-04-26 at 12:25 PM. Reason: ... the dice are against me today!

13. - Top - End - #223

BlackDragon

The man smiles and pats the lion's paw. It makes a sort of purring noise.

"Ah yes, Leonidas is a great and powerful warrior. I would be proud if I had made him, but no, he is the legacy of Abel, the greatest magecrafter the world has ever known. The flying mechanoids might have known this and spared their lives, but they attacked me before I could explain to them that they courted certain death. I imagine their leader on the ground was less than pleased, for he ran before I could met out the same punishment upon him."

The man's accent is bizarre- it sound vaguely elven, but he places too much emphasis on his consonants, which makes it sound like he's used to speaking giant. The language he spoke before, though, had no words in common with either of those tongues.

The scrollwork on his lion similarly resembles nothing McCormick has ever seen before.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

Where are you from?

15. - Top - End - #225

Wrench

Wrench is going to approach Leonidas and examine the scrollwork to see if he recognizes it, or the craftsmanship. "Mr. d'Cannith, is this work of your house? It is masterfully done!"

Know Arcitecture and Engineering - (1d20+3)[14]
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-04-26 at 08:26 PM. Reason: fixed typos
    The Tangled Web

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

Ike turns to Wrench. "I do believe that our ally here has already stated otherwise."

He then turns to the man, asking, "What is your name, good sir?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um...what's a mechanoid?" Achille asks.

18. - Top - End - #228

{OOC: D'oh! I missed that piece of information. Oh well. It fits well with Wrench.}

Wrench

Looking embarassed, Wrench says 'Oh yea. I forgot already."

He looks at the construct and says to the stranger "Can I pet him? He looks like a nice kitty."
    The Tangled Web

19. - Top - End - #229

BlackDragon

Leonidas gives Wrench a look similar to what you might give to a wad of gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

The strange man sweeps a lock of hair out of his eyes. "I am called Anavel. I come from the south. I must admit, sir, I am surprised you don't know what a 'mechanoid' is. You are piloting one."

20. - Top - End - #230

McCormick

"These are not Kothar? The name was writ on the wall of the hold... the ship captain... oh by the Gods!" YOU FOOL! McCormick screamed inside his mind. You do the House no service by showing your hand openly. Now you must lay your cards down and play them out, idiot. "Sorry, Leonidas has me rather impressed and I do forget myself." Because I'm an idiot! "You said these suites are called mechanoids?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um...maybe Kothar is the name of the kind of mechanoid these are? Like, um, a falchion is a type of sword?"

22. - Top - End - #232

"Ah yes, that would make sense. Sorry I got so upset... I was beginning to confuse myself."

bluff - (1d20+4)[22]

23. - Top - End - #233

BlackDragon

Leonidas lets out a low rumble not unlike a purr and settles back down onto the ground, though it continues to watch the party like a hawk. Or... like a lion, maybe.

Anavel strokes his chin as he looks at the machines. "It is entirely possible. I'm not familiar with that particular make of machine, however. They look rather... small. No offense intended, of course. Are you lads warriors in training?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

Not quite. We salvaged these from a wrecked airship, and we're currently taking them to their intended destination, in accordance with the dying wishes of the last surviving crewmember.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um...I used to be..."

26. - Top - End - #236

"So, what brings you out here so deep in these woods? And why were those things after you?"

GatherInformation - (1d20+8)[27]

27. - Top - End - #237

odd network double post...

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Resonance; 2007-05-01 at 01:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

BlackDragon

Anavel nods contemplatively as he climbs up onto Leonidas' front paw.

"Me? I'm simply exploring. I'm not sure why anyone would bother attacking me, really, but I rather think those particular men though I was allied with one of their enemies. Which is rather silly."

He points to the woods behind you. "By the way, do you know them?"

The troupe of ogres sneaking through the underbrush pause and collectively slap themselves over the face.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ike d'Cannith

"Looks like we need to cut this conversation short, as it appears that we are being ambushed." Ike draws his battleaxe and prepares for a fight. He briefly wonders if these ogres knew the one that was killed earlier by the group, but he dismisses the thought.

(OoC: I'm assuming that you want an initiative roll? "Initiative" - (1d20+2)[22])

30. - Top - End - #240

BlackDragon

There are five ogres spread in a rough skirmish line approximately thirty feet behind you. They were apparently hoping to get the drop on you, but that's pretty much a bust now.

(Initiative rolls are probably called for, yeah. Feel free to describe your action/s for the first round as well.)