New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Harcob, meeting with Ulvin

"Ah, if you hold values more dear to yourself than that of Goodly Protection then I suppose I cannot compete with that. Since you are of a Patheon, I suppose you know more deities than I who only know myself, the one I crafted, and Grezno by his creations. Can you think of any who would join my pantheon or who could advise me.

Also, unsurprisingly since you are southerners, you know more of the southern war than I do. Is the aggressor very Evil?"

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

The Invasion - Heraldsburg
    As the invaders closed in on the Mardu, the real might of the mechs was revealed. Flesh and metal clashed as Gaama charged forth with a great gout of flame into the ranks of the Apex Invaders. Each death from the Gaama brought down several of the soldiers as they exploded in great balls of fire. From behind this initial wave were the Shaarat, Killer Kans, Mega Dreads, and Deff Dreads. Waves of fire from the Aram piloted mechs helped cook and wear down defenses as the Shaarat punctured magical armor and drained the life from the enemies.

Of course all the mechs in the land couldn't hold back the invaders forever. As the walls were breached the Mardu began to slowly disappear. The invaders managed to make it into the center of town just as the last of the Mardu left. Yet they wouldn't let the invaders have the city as the Waystation was overloaded by one brave Aram. In a mighty explosion that could be seen from the horizon the entire city seemed to go up in a giant fireball, most of the victorious invaders fried in the explosion.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Harcob, meeting with Ulvin

"Ah, if you hold values more dear to yourself than that of Goodly Protection then I suppose I cannot compete with that. Since you are of a Patheon, I suppose you know more deities than I who only know myself, the one I crafted, and Grezno by his creations. Can you think of any who would join my pantheon or who could advise me.

Also, unsurprisingly since you are southerners, you know more of the southern war than I do. Is the aggressor very Evil?"
    If only you knew, my friend. Now as far as other deities go, listen to the mortals. There are few established churches and temples but all mortals worship. Listen to them and you will learn of other deities.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob, running to war

"Thank you, and I bid you good fortune." with that Harcob rushed off with deificate speed further south.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Firbolg in the Playground

Underplayground
    The Four Kings

With the long winter almost finished, the Northmen send out their ships, to shore on the nearest landmass, in order to scout for possible raiding targets.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Kethneciel nodded mechanically. "I shall. However." The Implacable Judge paused, turning to fully face the Cosmic Mother. "I have already expended the power allotted to me in this period of time. I shall fulfill my pact with thee...when I have the power to do so."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Pernieth, Cosmic Mom, Cassandra - The Void
    Pernieth watches as the scene unfolds. Humans melded with dragons... Excellent. It would seem that his time had indeed come. It is with a most unpleasant tug that he pulls Cassandra from the Playground. Pernieth points at the Cosmic Mother. Speak. he says softly, and gestures her forward.

Cassandra coughs once to get the attention of the cosmic mother, the differences in their size making her seem almost childish to the larger diety. "Ummm... Your Motherliness?" She guesses, trailing off feebley. "I have come as the Speaker to ask for your favor upon the Children of the Forest." Pernieth stands silently behind her, lending weight and creed to her words.
    The Cosmic Mother nods towards Kethneciel in approval, the stars realigning and shifting their positions as she does so, when another one talks to her. The hyper-giant stars which makes the Cosmic Mother's eyes turn towards Cassandra's direction.

"Speak! What is it you desire?" her voice rumbles.

Kryokoli, the Frozen North

The goddess of Winter continued her journey through the Frozen North. She decided that it would be best to avoid direct contact with the locals, as she watches from a distance and absorbs their culture and customs for when the time comes for her to create her own people in her image. Still, Kryokoli imagined that though this land respects winter and the cold, they still do not fear it.

Kryokoli knew that all she needed to do was to enter one of these villages and make an example out of them by butchering every one of them save for one frostbitten survivor to tell the tale. No matter how formidable fighters the Northmen may be, they would be no match for her cruel scourge made from the coldest of ice. Upon contact with skin, the immediate area becomes deadened while the cold spreads into the blood system, effectively freezing the victim from within.

However at this point Kryokoli did not wish for these people to suffer her wrath yet. Her wrath belonged to others. Instead, just like the rising of Phos into the sky heralds the arrival of Winter, so too would the goddess of Winter spread fear of her power. For now, she too had to create the perfect embodiment of cold. So focusing her powers, creates the most benign of her creations, the Ice Elementals.

Spoiler
    Show

AP1=4-3: Create Battle Artifact: Wintertide
    AP0=1-1: Create Sub-Race: Ice Elementals
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra, Cosmic Mother, Pernieth - Void
    "Long have the dryads and in many ways the elves tended to the living forests of the world. But their lives are measured inside of a century at best, where the lives of trees are measured in millenniums if they are not chopped down or otherwise destroyed.

My lord wishes to create a new people, a people whose lives can be measured in similar fashion. Mortal, but long-lived. But to do this he needs a creature whose form is already near to that - dragons. With the might of the dragons bonded to the great wisdom and caring of the elves, the Forest will have the partners it needs. Naturally, considerations will be made so that the world is not overrun with these new elves. Their maturation and procreation will be slowed, and they will live primarily upon the First Tree, though as mortals are wont to do, they will likely leave from time to time. We're you to allow our people this gift, my lord would surely repay it in kind when you required it."

Pernieth nods his agreement to what has been said, then simply asks. "Acceptance?"

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother, Kethneciel, Cassandra & Pernieth, the Void

The Cosmic Mother takes a deep breath, smelling Cassandra "So... it was you who attempted to circumvent the punishment of my foolish Children?" she pauses for a moment before continuing "More rashness from our Children.." her eyes turn towards Pernieth for a moment before returning to Cassandra "... but no matter. I shall not hold your transgression against you."

"I am already at my wits end with my First Children who sought to annihilate one another while I slumbered, and you wish me to create more of them? No, there is no need. For I have already created Dragons who are mortals, but long lived with the powers of my First Children. Seek my Youngest Children upon the Playground once they have established themselves, if you will, and convince them with your arguments that your friendship is just and the forests will have stalwart allies."

"Until such a time that my First Children learn their lesson, I shall create no more of their kind. If they unable to accept the charge I placed upon them, then perhaps they do deserve to gradually fade as other more worthy races take their mantle as guardians. Shall it come to this? Or will my Youngest Children teach my First Children a valuable lesson? Time will tell..."

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Apex Invasion, Zermanion - Vindicators, Eldarond

The forces pushing inwards against the Apex's line seemed inexorable, fighting past the pikemen and bringing themselves directly to bear with the forces of the Sovereignty... but behind the pikemen was a rank of towering War Hulks, and the swordsmen of the shorter races standing between each of the Giants as they brought huge weapons down on their human foes. Goblin and gnome rogues and assassins slipped between the ranks of the enemy, cutting at their legs and backs. The Burning Crown Knights struck out ever more ferociously against the vanguard of the Vindicators, burning blades and maces swinging to strike down any who stood in their path. The archers began to concentrate their fire on the back rows of the enemy, trying to kill them before they could get to grips with the Sovereignty's forces and to stunt their ability to push the Sovereignty forces back. The Sovereignty's Master Mages continued to bring their magical power to bear, and their attempts to banish or destroy the Solars had not relented, blasts of elemental and arcane magic tearing into the sky in an attempt to bring them down.

As the forces of Eldarond crashed into the Sovereignty's back rows, they found the rows of pikemen and supporting soldiers prepared for an attack at any angle, and the fresh soldiers attempted to push these new foes back, cut them down before they could push ahead as the Vindicators had. Towering Giants, with the advantage of great height, hacked at their foes with halberds and spears, their reach greater than even the Pikemen.

(2d10)[18]

Apex Sovereignty, Ahn, Firestar, Scouts

The gnome was astonished at Ahn's words, perhaps even more than Firestars'. "You just... wondered onto an unknown island, with no clear direction or guidance? What could compel a god to act with such seeming randomness?" He looked up, hearing the approach of the knights and the mage grow closer. "No matter. The wizard will be able to verify if you are telling the truth or not."

Yhrzallus, Eucle, Korevok, Deep Within Dream Neutral Ground

Korevok strode into the... room? Casting a sidelong glance at Necessary, Therefore Possible wondering if the declaration he would not be necessary would cause him to cease to be. Korevok doubted it, but it would be endlessly amusing if the smug beings existence was snuffed by its own self-satisfied choice of name. He inclined his head respectfully towards both of the deities present, Eucle, Yhrzallus. Lord Yanegrish sent me to seek you out and to confirm whether you were able to secure the souls of your followers or not. He is currently attempting to meet with Kyre about that matter, though he is dubious about the likelihood of a... diplomatic solution being
    successful in this matter."

Kril, Borrokalari, Apex Sovereignty

The giant visibly stroked his beard in contemplation, "I don't know, orders are orders but... well it's close enough. Follow the two knights, and they will lead you to the Crown Prince."

So said, the gates groaned ponderously open, revealing a pair of Giant Knights waiting on the other side. They rode atop armored warhorses bred - magically most likely - to their own scale. Their armor was black and their faces were hidden behind their black-plumed helmets. They gestured up a large paved thoroughfare, leading through the center of the bustling city to the next set of gates, and eventually to the giant fortress built into the mountain. "This Way." one intoned, his voice echoing loudly but strangely from inside his helm.

Apex Invasion, Heraldsburg

Those armies which had penetrated deeply into Heraldsburg were the most heavily impacted, and they reeled from the losses they received in the massive explosion. Many of their forces remained however, and with magical communications, and the orders of marshals and commanders directing the troops they rallied quickly. The armies gathered into a single united force and pushed onward.

Spoiler
    Show

5AP (1PAP Lawful Gods)
    -1AP Mold Land
    4AP (1PAP Lawful Gods)
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

The Invasion - The Sovereignty, Zerminion, Vindicators, Eldarond

Scores upon scores of Eldarond fell against the monster that was the Sovereignty. Many brave and heroic lives ended at the end of gnomish pikes and giant halberds. Blood flew everywhere but the forces of Eldarond refused to halt their charge against Evil, continuing to press against the invasion, the sound of their battlecry echoing amidst the screams of death as each person rushed forward in search of Heroism and a glorious departing.

Haaarooh! Haaarrrooooh! Haaarooh!

(2d10)[13]

The Apex Sovereignty - Ahn, Firestar and everybody else.

Ahn tilted his head at the gnome's question. "The question isnt why but instead why not?"

He smiled. "I've wandered for as long as I can remember. You have to experience the world from the eyes of a carefree soul!" the godling said with his index finger held up in a matter of fact manner.

"Spend your time brooding over boring rules and laws and you end up living without truly tasting what life has to give and end up in a dark and dreary place, regretting that you never made that one chance at life worth it."

Firestar simply stared at Ahn, his equine jaw hung open and appeared to be completely dumbfounded at his Lord's sudden burst of wisdom.
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-04-20 at 11:39 PM.
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #971
    Orc in the Playground

Both sides had never spoken a word to one another, yet here good and evil lay, causing a bloodshed, fighting so fiercely to enforce their beliefs. Goblins, giants, humans, solars striking down those in their paths, without asking the why. The enemy was weaker. They had to be defeated. That was all that had to be said, though only spoken in the minds of all present and never truly uttered. War, a clash of metal, wielded by those courageous enough to stand amidst this chaos.

And the Vindicators were in the middle of it. The enemy's tactics were ruthless, cruel, and so would they be. Disarmed soldiers would punch, bite, choke, crush...whatever was necessary to fight against the hellspawn that stormed through Demiourgia. Solars were no different, sharing this strangely present righteous bloodlust, swinging their oversized blades and maces against swaths of foes. But alas, though they were a light in the dark, even the brightest flame could flicker in a battle like this. Things shifted about quickly, and there were only a few who could stand against it.

Commander Dawn was one of them. Bloodied, angered, pushed to her limit as she slashed her enemies, screamed at the top of her lungs with each strike, her battered wings still carrying a metallic sheen from when she still was able to fly in this battle, before the air was filled with arrows and bolts.

The only other withstanding this storm was Zermanion. He was not pleased with the state things had gotten into. This war was escalating, and divine though his presence was, he could not protect all that stood with him. His arm, though massive, could only reach so far, and his hammer, though mighty as could be, could not fell all the foes that lay before him. Nevertheless he tried. He stood with these mortals as he would until the last. He had brought them here, it'd be unbecoming of him to have preached of justice and be the first to leave it aside.

(2d10)[10]

Yhrzallus, Eucle, Korevok, Deep Within Dream Neutral Ground

Yhrzallus stops glancing at Eucle's displays for a moment to glance upon Korevok. The madgod strokes his beard, though remaining strangely evershifting as Neutral Ground. Illogically logical. "Secure? Nothing is truly secure. The dispute of souls with the God of Death is a divine play of deities grasping upon a rope and pulling it while Death tugs at the other end. And it is such a persistent tugger. But as time goes on, more deities grasp the other end of the rope. I myself as of now, I suppose. So in a way, yes...I've secured my souls...it'll be made so."

The Sorceror King reaches for his tome and with a quill begins scribbling not words, but sounds. Whispers leave the tip of the quill as it scratches the surface, and through it, Yhrzallus' power resonates, true and strong, echoing more powerful than that of his avatars, and the Moon itself responds. Though nothing seems to happen, at the same time, all throughout creation, through the Playground, a Change is felt, as Yhrzallus unleashes the Secret of Reincarnation, boldly making an affront to the Death God without making an affront. Some souls of mortals would pass through Erebus then swing back around and return to the Playground out of their own accord.

"And I am sure Death will destroy that secret soon enough. But when it does, I'll bring it back. Or someone else will. Once words are uttered, you can't really take them back. Death would have to kill all mortals and everything divine if it wishes to wash away the idea that has been passed on, even if it is unmade." Yhrzallus sounds amused for a change, and looks over to Eucle, giving the Wealth God a wink.

Keymaster, Atarka, Xelrinov - The Belly of the Beast

The Keymaster acknowledges the claims of the servant of Yanegrish and bows. "It is understood. The depths in which you'll arrive on the other side of the portal will bring you to a mountain. It is acceptable for those within here to occupy that place, but, a few miles north of that mountain lies a kingdom in which my liege's chosen wander. They will not bother your own, so long as the opposite remains true."

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

Yhrzallus
    0 AP

0 Sin Pantheon AP Charge
    1 Moon Pantheon AP Charge
    1 Cult of the Beast AP Charge

0 Spire of Change Charge (Nourishment: All souls now reincarnate. They don't recall past lives or selves, but it remains within the soul when it comes back to a new body.)

Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-04-21 at 10:34 AM.
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ettin in the Playground

Apex Invasion - Demiourgia
    As the armies marched they found the Rix Maadi join in the fight. While the army had magic the chosen of Grenzo had mundane and numbers to rival any other force on the Plains. With the rumble of tunnelers and repurposed rust monsters the Rix Maadi began to dig tunnels under the advancing armies, the ground breaking free and a swarm of Gaama bursting forth in a wave of fire and explosions. They maintained the sporadic attacks and turned the fields into a cratered hellscape as the Mardu and Rix Maadi fight for every foot of ground past Heraldsburg.

By the time the armies reached the city of Thomasville the Mardu were ready. With a wave of rockets backing them the Mega Dreds came plummeting down from above and grappled with the giants using metal claws and flaming sprays. As they fell and took down giants a second wave of Shaarat fell in with stinger draining scores of men and fueling their rampages with the blood of the fallen. As they closed in on the city tunnels were bored behind the enemy and waves of Aram Dragon Shamans and Dragonfire Acolytes, unified by tacticians and vitalists, surged forth to battle among the Killer Kans that held off the giants.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Orc in the Playground

Clora - Edge of Erebus

Clora gazed upon the massive citadel, that changed on a whim. Inside a powerful creature, the one of whom Neiag had warned. She did not feel fear - emotions were still beyond her, but she knew that a false move could cause complications. "The time is not right. One day I intend to meet the master of this domain as an equal. As it stands, I suspect I would purely be lesser. Until then, I will return to the world and obverse."

Clora's form shifted as she began to depart, changing from the womanly form she had taken on, and returning to the form of the great skeletal dragon - the lance she had created formed around the end of her tail, and the armor became another layer of bone. Her wings erupted, and she took flight, heading back towards the edge of the world.

She approached the world, and saw the lands of ice which had erupted. This would be ideal for the zombies, certainly the cold would preserve the fallen nicely. She sent a vision to Cho'zak - telling him to search there. She then told Lum'ohs and the some of the others to whom she had gifted flight to go alongside them, they would need the light in the unfamiliar land.

Then, as soon as that had been complete, a calling came from her avatar. A calling to enter a world within the world. The world of dreams. She would need to see this world herself, and Althia's transfer of knowledge allowed this.

Althia, Oxid, Ôl - Neutral Ground

Althia seemed confused for but a moment, realizing that the voice must have been that of their lord. "I thank you... I will relay this knowledge to the mother. She and I will both enter this... dream." She began to enter the dream, but before she did she sent the knowledge to Clora, and so they both did enter.

Cho'zak, Lum'ohs - Somewhere between Avalon and Surface Neutral Ground, along the coast of the bay of Neutrality

The zombies and flying glowing skeletons met during the march towards the cold. The number of the zombies still larger than that of the flying ones - flight alone would not suffice to cross the ocean. They sent the flying ones around them to search for transport options. Hopefully they would find aid in their migration.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [5]
    Gained AP: [+5]

Subtotal AP: [10]
    AP Expenditure:
    Beget DR4 God (Kealoharen, The Loving One)[-9] - Just waiting on the in-game begetting now, but yeah, here comes a smiling loving god.
    Utility Artifact Usages:
    Nourishment (Tendrils of restorative Light) - All the usual effects apply.
    Remaining AP: [1]

Spoiler: Warning: Dream world Clora
    Show
    Clora's form in the dreamworld is likely going to be some sort of horrific jumbled mess of magic and souls.
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-04-21 at 11:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ettin in the Playground

Lilith, Weather Wizards - The Storm Needle

From atop the Storm Needle, Lilith could feel the pull. The Needle itself was the central locus of all weather magic in the world, and when these trifling wizards flexed that power, Lilith could feel it. She was not worried, after all, given to her was dominion over the single greatest source of Weather-Working in all the Playground. That being said... these wizards thought to sticky their paws in Nature and shirk the cost. That, Lilith would not have. Lilith returns to the map room, looking once again upon the simulacrum. Now there was a large patch of frozen ice to the north where before there was only water, but only one thing concerned the Mistress of the Tower. All across the face of the globe, faint blue dots glowed. Weather-workers.

Lilith pulls up the long sleeves of her robes, which were, like all that the tower provided, functional without opulence. Crossing both her arms are row upon row of scars. In her time since becoming the Mistress of the Tower, Lilith has worked great magic across the world, maintaining the balance of nature, giving favorable winds to ships and sailors who called to the Storms for aid. These wizards thought to influence nature without paying the same price. That would change. Lilith pauses only for a moment, for this action stunk of the influence of a god. But only for a moment, for the Needle itself was divine, and would match well enough. She slashes across her forearm, the blood pooling on the floor, then being drawn into the globe. It respond to her will, seeking out the blue dots of people, and suffusing them.

Across the Playground

Weather wizards across the globe felt the change. Those who could wield only weather magic sat with shocked expressions as their magic died before them. Those who could use other forms simply found the weather beyond their reach. A great many died that day as the Storm Wardens fell upon them, taking this fortuitous chance to eliminate their rivals. They did not serve Lilith, but they knew of her presence, and took this opportunity to use her curse to their advantage. Those that did not fall to Storm Wardens heard a voice echo within their minds. "All magic comes at a price. To ride the storm, you must pay with your life." It was, they found, true. With blood sacrifice, they could regain their old power, and indeed many found it stronger for the addition of blood magics. Just as many shunned the practice now, for this path to power was much more treacherous than some of the less altering magics.

In her tower, Lilith smiled and returned to her library.

Puck, Yanri, Behemoth(?) - The Jewel of the Shores

When the battle began below, the Orphaned could scarcely believe it. Betrayed again, some considered running away. But together, Puck and Yanri looked down with anger. If their benefactor had betrayed them, then they would take what was theirs. The pirates dove into the dream oceans to fight the thieves. And slower, much slower, but much more deadly, the ships above extended tendrils into the water.
    OOC: Contesting the theft of the Jewel of the Shores (Mostly because was waiting on Hagatha, who has stopped posting, so I suppose I just go ahead with it)

Show

Rollover +5
    5=5-0: Artifact Pestilence (Needle) - Ties the intent to actual AP. Weather magic exists, but cannot be used without blood magic ritual sacrifice. To influence nature, the cost is one's own life force, no matter where or who provides that power. In addition, weather wizards across the world now know of the existence of the Mistress of the Tower, and the Storm Needle itself.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

The forces of the Apex resisted the charge by the Eldarond's forces, and began to push them back. A contingent of Hobgoblin Knights, the Jagged Blade, circled around while Eldarond's army was being held in place by the pikemen and towering giant warriors and crashed into them from the side. Giant armored wolves, lions, boars, and other vicious animals tore into the ranks of the Eldarond army, the edged armor and serrated blades of their riders cutting deep into the heroic warriors accompanied by howls and roars of predatory delight from Hobgoblin and mounts alike.

The forces facing off against Zermanions' Vindicitators were locked in a back and forth struggle which neither side could truly predict the ending of. Anything could tip the scales forcefully one way or the other and in brutal iron-hearted fashion the Apex army did everything in their power to ensure it would tip in theirs. Meteor storms and earthquakes were summoned to rock the core of the enemy formations even as mass protections were cast to protect the Sovereignty's own forces from the worst of the evokers magic. Vanigoth the Uniter bulled his way into the center of the conflict with his Burning Crown Knights at his heel, his huge flaming greatsword cutting down the Vindicators who stood against him, the burning antlered crown of his enchanted Dire Elk mount gutted and gored those in its path, even as it stamped those fell beneath its fiery hooves to death. From both sides, what forces the Sovereignty had kept in reserve from both conflicts began a disciplined charge of magical steel, the Giants in the vanguard crashing through the enemy while heavily armored hobgoblin soldiers followed behind them, goblin and hobgoblin soldiers slipping through any break in the enemies lines and opening it wide for any behind them to follow.

(2d10)[6]

Even against these onslaughts and their losses the armies of the Apex held fast, repelling the mechs and soldiers who assailed them from every side, powerful magical enchantments and the spells of abjurers and transmuters helped protect the soldiers from the metal war machines, their flesh transformed to iron and stone and cloaked in warding protections, the giants and hobgoblins waded into battle against their ambushers.

Meanwhile the gnomes, who were sensitive and attentive to the goings on below the earth had noted the changes in the earth beneath their feet, and were growing more capable of predicting and preventing ambushes from below their feet. Some gnomes and goblins, elite specialists and trained sappers gained access to the Aram's tunnels. Some split off to locate and eliminate any additional threats waiting in the tunnels underground, while others, the sappers and their guardians split off to undermine the enemy's forces and fortifications and set up their own underground ambushes in turn. With their natural ability to see in the dark enhanced with certain magical charms the goblins and gnomes moved quickly and easily through the subterranean passages, always careful to avoid booby traps and collapsing tunnels.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Orc in the Playground

The enemy was pushing forth with all their might now, and for some time the Vindicators were looking like they were on their brink of breaking and falling together...but they refused. They refused to die in such undignified fashion, when so many brothers and sisters had fallen. They wouldn't fall to the foul magics besieging them. They'd march all the way to those casters and slit their heretic throats with their blades. Defeat was unacceptable. They were made of steel. The enemy was not.

Commander Dawn saw Vanigoth's forces trampling through hers. And so the great evil revealed itself. She began knocking aside enemy troops with the flat side of her blade, as she made her way towards him. "I will not let your ilk taint this land any longer!" She threatened, raising her weapon high and conjuring all powers divine that her form allowed. "Death to the heretics!" And with that, she began her charge. Other solars began cutting their way through enemy lines as well, as the standard infantry attempted to breach through as well.

Zermanion saw his chosen children charge at the enemy commander. This would be decided now. The god of metal spun about, knocking aside all enemies around him in a whirlwind, then grasped his weapon and began strumming it like a guitar, playing a song of battle befitting of the solars' charge against the heart of these evil forces...

(2d10)[6]
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

As the armies encroached on Thomasville they soon found the army disappearing in a similar fashion as Heraldsburg. With knowledge of what would happen they only had to wait for the Mardu to destroy the city as their retreat procedures followed the same general routine. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily depending on if you were now a refuge or not, the lines of war had already been drawn beyond the few remaining cities. In a bid to reveal any hidden armies the Aerialist and Mardu took to the skies and blanketed the land below in fire and booze, the good refugees unharmed as they evacuated to designated waypoints in as quickly of a fashion as possible. If they couldn't have the land then they would insure it was nothing but ash for the invaders. The chosen of Grenzo may have lost the battles but they had put enough of a damper that the line was drawn when the good deities arrived to aid in battle.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Barbarian in the Playground

Trenco, Neutral Ground

To be fair, he wasn’t quite sure what he was looking for. Maybe it was simply knowledge, in the end. He had accumulated stories -- both from others, and by participation -- throughout his traveling. Through his hands had passed books of rituals ancient and devotions of countless faiths. and still he was unsatisfied. The city of Neutral Ground boasted that it hosted the most extensive libraries in the world, so he had found himself here, digging through room after room of scrolls and books from ages past and present. Searching for... something.

Swifene, Stoixia

The halfling looked up from the goods arrayed on the table before him. On the other side, a wizened looking old woman sat in a chair, rocking back and forth and murmuring to herself. When she saw Swifene’s gaze -- although how she managed that, with her eyes closed, he wasn’t sure -- her lips parted in a smile that he could only describe as grotesque. Missing teeth, cracked lips, and it had more the look of a grimace of pain than any smile he had seen.
    “Are we agreed, then? Do we have a deal?” Her voice was a harsh rasp against his ears, making his brain want to crawl out of his ears. His own offerings sat on a bench behind him, spread out for her, and she had already made it clear which pieces she was interested. A hodgepodge of things, much like what she offered. She was very interested in the large, ornate bowl made up with a deep blue color, interlaced waves of green crashing on the inside rim. A beautifully song and carved wood piece made to resemble a humanoid figure. A low power steam engine of some age. The goods that she had to offer were almost as crazy an assortment, but many of them were very rare or unique.

While he paused to think, she reached a hand into her tattered garment, extracting a small wood box, and setting it between them. His eyes flashed over it, the trader’s part of his brain inspecting the details of it. Unknown wood. Impressive color variations in the grain of the wood, with the weaving dark and light tones -- probably sung, although he hadn’t heard of that one before. Delicate lines carved along the outside rim. Seems to have a drawer. That harsh voice cut in again. “Just to close the deal, I’ll add this in. Unique, yes! One of a kind!” Her laugh at that statement rather made him want to scratch out his ears. It did appear to be that. “A book inside, yes. Not like you’ve ever seen before, not this book!” His hand reached out for the box, and her clawed hand swatted it away. “Do we have a deal? No merchandise without a deal!”

After tonguing the inside of his lip slowly, he nodded. It wasn’t as if he wasn’t going to take the original deal as it was, and books were a commodity easy enough to move to someone. That box alone… She cackled and pulled her hand back, and set to loading the agreed upon items for transport while Swifene did the same.

They had made camp much later, settling in around the fire, when Swifene called for his son, Swifsen. When he was not to hand, Swifene glanced around, only then remembering he hadn’t seen Swifsen at dinner either. Frowning to himself, he stood, walking back to the wagon and peeking inside.
    Lying out on a mat inside, Swifsen had a light by his head and.. There! At his side was the box the old lady had used as a deal sweetener, but open. Swifene clicked his tongue -- his son should know better than to be poking around merchandise. Moving further in, he reached a hand over Swifsen’s shoulder to close the book. Then he saw the pages.

Great walls and soaring rooflines rose up in the images; ornate cornices and reinforced buttresses. He didn’t understand what he saw as all that -- to him is was a wide variety of buildings, and then pages upon pages of lines that Swifsen was flipping through, entranced.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 8 - 3 (Raise DR: 15->16) - 3 (Gain Domain: Oceans) - 2 (Gain Portfolio: Cetacea) - 0 (Libram charge: Teach Populace: Architecture) = 0

Actions for Raise DR: 3 (Gain Domain: Knowledge) + 2 (Gain Portfolio: Ballads) = 5
    Actions for Oceans domain: 2 (Create Populace: Cetacea) + 1 (Nourishment: Blessing of the Deeps) + 1 (Teach Populace: Ritual Magic) + 1 (Teach Populace: Weather and water control) = 5

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

Apex Sovereignty - Ahn, Firestar, So many other folks

Ahn stood there after delivering his speech to the ttwo scouts with a wild grin on his face when he suddenly felt a shift deep within his core and he immediately grabbed hold of his stomach. "Whoa... what the dung?" Exclaimed the godling with a look of confusion upon his small little bearded face just as he felt a violent tug and he was skyrocketed towards the heavens like a golden shooting star.

As the dust cleared, Firestar shook the dirt off of his body and gazed skyward for a moment before returning his gaze back down to the little rangers. "Well, that was interesting. Wonder where he went off to."

The Void - Ahn

When Ahn regained his sense of balance, he found himself floating in the endless expanse of the Void above the playground. The godling attempted to reach out and head back down but he found some kind of invisible barrier which stopped him like a solid wall.

"No!" Shouted the godling as he slammed a fist against the barrier with no effect beyond sending invisible ripples across it's surface that could be heard by those with an ear for this kind of thing. "No! No! Nonononononono..."

Show
    Start Ap: 3ap
    Raise DR to 6 (Lesser Deity): -3ap (6AP create artifact Dog-Stick)
    End AP: 0ap
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-04-22 at 09:57 AM.
    Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #980

The Void - Ahn, Ignus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    When Ahn regained his sense of balance, he found himself floating in the endless expanse of the Void above the playground. The godling attempted to reach out and head back down but he found some kind of invisible barrier which stopped him like a solid wall.

"No!" Shouted the godling as he slammed a fist against the barrier with no effect beyond sending invisible ripples across it's surface that could be heard by those with an ear for this kind of thing. "No! No! Nonononononono..."

Show
    Start Ap: 3ap
    Raise DR to 6: -3ap
    End AP: 0ap
    A flash of fire and a sultry looking woman seemingly perpetually aflame appears in a small burst of light next to Ahn. "Come now, it isn't all that bad. Though it is boring..." She smiles at him in a reassuring manner. "Perhaps I may be of assistance? I still have a body below... I made it before I became incapable of remaining below." She turns her gaze back down and points at the burning lands just at the northwestern rim, at the small expanse of mountain and cliffless space where the island meets the ocean. "There I am, see me? I can deliver a message for you if you so desire, or you can do so yourself. It's quite a simple procedure." She stops and blinks, "My apologies for my lack of manners. I am The Eternal Flame. The First of Fire. The Mother of Making. The First Smith. Your name?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

The Void - Ahn, Ignus

Startled by the goddess' arrival, Ahn jumps back a few feet, his once seemingly normal form now appears to be made of star dust.

"A-Ahn" he managed to stammer out. "Lucky Thumb or Disaster Thumb, depending on perception..really."

He look Ignus over before returning his gaze to the Playground. "You can actually communicate with your avatar from here?"
    Currently Playing

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

Even amidst the clash of blades and the cries of the dying, Vanigoth the Uniter did not allow his attention to slip, did not become so focused on his own fights that he lost sight of the strategic whole, and he received constant messages magically communicated to him by the Obsidian Chain mages who, through their own magic and through the commanders in the field, were able to relay critical information to him from all over the battlefield. The information he received was not promising for a total victory here. They were holding their own and dealing many losses to their enemy, but they had received many losses of their own. Each side was grinding down the other, and there would be little left of the winner by the time this battle was over. Vanigoth wouldn't have wanted to lose most of his army even if he knew he would win, but not only were there powerful celestial beings here, he knew the giant metal clad warrior he saw crushing whole squadrons with every swing was a deity. Even if he killed every other soldier on the battlefield, Vanigoth did not have a great amount of confidence in their ability to fell a god.

He did not believe the enemy would let it come to that, one or the other side might balk before then and Vanigoth had every reason to believe his enemies would prefer not to grind their own forces to dust and bones either. He sighted what was clearly a commander among the enemy, a powerful otherworldly being fighting her way towards Vanigoth himself. He started whispering into his rings, sending messages to the Obsidian Chain mages to spread to the commanders, if he gave the signal they were to fall back and reform. Then, whispering into it once more, he sent a message to the angelic being hurtling towards him, magically transmitting his words directly to her, "Halt! I wish to parlay, if I pull back my forces, can I trust you to do likewise?"

Apex Invasion, Demiourgia

The Sovereignty had no great interest in claiming only burnt ash-fields, and so Master Abjurers cloaked as much territory as they could under wards and magical barriers to protect the land and armies from the destruction rained down from above, keeping much of what would have been destroyed safe though they could not protect all that they sought to claim. Meanwhile, the Evokers sought to bring down any lingering airships and flying machines with blasts of lightning, fire and arcane force to tear them from the skies. And of course their forces moved to cut off any retreating refugees, potential slaves and citizens for their the territories they had already claimed.

Apex Sovereignty, Firestar, Scouts + Others

The wizard arrived at roughly the same time Ahn began rocketing into the sky. The old - but fit- hobgoblin stopped gaping before any of his companions did, and turned his attention to Firestar who was still there. He mumbled under his breath and his eyes seemed to take on a strange glow. He nodded a confirmation to himself. "You also bear the mark of the divine, as if your presence with that other one and the fact that you were speaking weren't enough indication. So, what is your plan here?"

Belly of the Beast, Thessia, Atarka, Keymaster

Neither Yanegrish or Thessia were idle as the god waited to hear from Kyre. Yanegrish whispered instructions into Thessia's mind, and even as she waited with Atarka and the Keymaster she turned to the Erinyes, commanding them to gather more of their kind as well as other Pit Fiends to this place. Soon a flock of Erinyes waited behind a small gathering of scaly Pit Fiends. Thessia addressed Atarka and the Keymaster, knowing the Erinyes and Pit Fiends already knew their orders. "Well, it seems all of our Lords are in agreement on this matter. That being so, my lord has commanded that we should begin setting our plans into motion sooner rather than later." She gave a nod to the Pit Fiends and they and the Erinyes spread their wings and began to fly through the portal.

Underplayground, Pit Fiends and Erinyes

The Baatezu did not linger at the mountain or the portal to make it their own. Work of that kind would begin later on both sides. For now, their tasks lay elsewhere in the world. The Pit Fiends began to shift and warp, powerful magic contorting their forms until they looked like members of various mortal races. The Erinyes shifted their own features with their natural magical ability to match the races the Baatezu now appeared to be. Only one did not change, and he was destined for the Sovereignty. None of them spoke, for they all already knew what they needed to do. Almost as one they began to spread out, heading to the far corners of the world across the Underplayground and Playground alike.

The tasks set to them were twofold. First, they were to establish a foundation upon which future organizations dedicated to the revival of Zalsaram might be established amongst as many of the mortal societies and peoples as possible. The second was to obfuscate this first, and simultaneously plant the seeds of the Devils' own future followers into as many different races and nations as they could.

By this point in history Druids had spread to many societies and cultures, and they and similar worshipers of the natural world could be found at all corners of the globe. The Baatezu who traveled over the world were to seek out such people who were amenable to a... broadening of their horizons. After all, they worshiped the natural world, and though those like Pernieth focused this worship on the forests and trees and their like, there was so much more to the world than merely the plants which grew upon it. Were not the volcanoes in all of their terrible power, the mountains in their glorious majesty, the boulders and rocks and the very earth itself just as much a part of the natural world as the trees and animals were? Disguised as fellow druids and mystics, cloaked by magic and secrecy from the view of their opponents the Baatezu spread this message all over the world. They did advocate the worship of Zalsaram, they did not seek to turn the good and neutral people they contacted to evil. They merely sought to open their eyes to a greater respect for the foundations of the natural world, and to draw power from the earth itself.

And to further disguise their intent, they always taught others to draw power from another source. The various spirits which dwelled in the world and outside of it. Elementals, ghosts and other incorporeal undead, the demons that lived deep in the sea and which hunted peoples dreams the strange beings of the dreams themselves and more. These people they taught to look beyond the purely physical realm and to see all the different beings that shared this plane and which lived in others with whom they could communicate and with whom they could deal with and draw power from. Of course, what exactly a 'spirit' was was left intentionally vague. They taught them merely to look for powerful supernatural beings which lay beyond their common everyday sight and all the while they mentioned the spirits of the land, the spirits which lay behind the sky... and the spirits which lived deep in the earth itself.

And they continued to set the groundwork for their future plans. From the deep forests of the First Tree, to the Burning Lands and the Challenge Mountains, even the Frozen North and the people of the Underplayground, Baatezu in disguise visited people from all these places careful never to risk revealing themselves or being discovered, leaving those that they taught to help spread their message for them and so obscure the true source. The stage had been set, the path paved. And now, their message spreading all over the world, the Devils out and about hid themselves away, waiting for the next step.

Spoiler
    Show

4AP (1PAP Lawful Gods)
    -1AP Create Concept: Power of Earth(Classes created: Magma Druid, Spirit Shaman)
    3AP (1PAP Lawful Gods)

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob, travelling to war, South Demiourgia

Harcob walked south, his goggles over his eyes. As he walked down the ground altered subtly to make itself better capable of defence from attack for the south. Good refugees were granted good fortune as they escaped.

Spoiler
    Show

3 AP = 3 AP - 0 AP Alter Land (The Goggles): Make south Demiourgia more defensible from the North - 0 AP Nourshishment (Clogs of Trails) grants fortune to fleeing refugees.

24. - Top - End - #984

The Void - Ahn, Ignus

Startled by the goddess' arrival, Ahn jumps back a few feet, his once seemingly normal form now appears to be made of star dust.

"A-Ahn" he managed to stammer out. "Lucky Thumb or Disaster Thumb, depending on perception..really."

He look Ignus over before returning his gaze to the Playground. "You can actually communicate with your avatar from here?"
    "Certainly. I haven't any idea what the others are doing, but that's just a second body for me down there." She turns to look at him again, "You may wish to pull yourself together, you look ready to blow away."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

The Void - Ahn, Ignus

Ahn looked down at his body, holding his hands up to his face. He watched the star-dust form and flow about his body, a confused look upon his face which appeared to be made of the same glittering material.

Finally, he opened his mouth "What has happened? Why do I look like this?" he mumbled as much to himself as to Ignus as he ran his fingers across his forearm and small flecks of glittering dust fell down to the Playground.

"Why cant I go back to the world?"

The Apex Sovereignty - Firestar, Scouts, Wizard and others.

"Obviously" said Firestar in an unamused manner. "Lord Ahn, the God of Luck just so happened to be on this...Apex. He didnt have a reason or a purpose, nor should he be required to have one." Firestar shifted his firey gaze down at the hobgoblin with a small amount of interest.

"Well, that's that. Now I have need to depart for the discovery of what happened to my Lord. If you'll excuse me." Firestar began to walk away down the cobled stone in an attempt to leave.

Demiourgia Invasion - Sovereignty Invaders, Eldaron, The Vindicators

Sir Stephen, Commander of the Southern Defense Forces felt like he had been hit by a lightning train, his mech was arely held together under the pressure of a giant's halberd but he somehow managed to hold on.

Victory was hopeless. It wasnt going to happen today. Eldarond's forces are too unseasoned. He knew it. His soldiers knew it and the Enemy sure as hell knew it but he felt his heart swell with pride even though he knew they were all going to die... Death it would be then.

Suddenly, the Enemy drew back their forces and regrouped. The onslaught has stopped and once more a ray of hope shined down. Perhaps there was a chance to make it out of this alive. He turned his mech and looked towards the Vindicators. It was there that Life would allow him and his men to live.

Sir Stephen directed his men and they marched, ready to fight if need be though remaining passive towards the Vindicators and their God of Metal.
    Currently Playing

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

War, Demiourgia - Ash, Giants

Annabelle ran. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She could still hear the screams behind her from her village, could feel the heat as it burned. Her home fell behind the line in the sand, as it were, and even now the invaders were ransacking her village, killing and enslaving any who they could find. Annabelle had watched as they killed her father in cold blood, the bastard laughing as he cut him down and grabbed her mother, tossing her in with the other slaves. And so she ran. She could hear the hunters behind her, tracking her. She knew she couldn't escape, their beasts could run farther than she could. She needed to hide.

The forest. Always it had lain beyond the borders of their village. The villagers had always treated it with great respect, taking only what they required, and planting a new tree where the old was taken. Annabelle did not understand it, but it hardly mattered now. She ran. There! She could see the forest. She sobbed with joy. She would make it! Suddenly she pitched forward and stars exploded in her eyes as a crude voice spoke.
    "You're mine, wench."
    Annabelle sobs into the soft loam of the earth. To come so far, only to fail... Then another voice, that sounds slow and deep, like the voice of the elder of the village, the memory of who sends another spike of pain at his death.
    "She is ours, invader. Our borders are sacroscent. Would you defy them?"
    Annabelle looks up to see who her new benefactor was. Here jaw dropped even through the tears-filled haze at the sight before her. A massive tree stood on two leg-trunks just before her. It was easily twice as tall as the giant that pursued her.
    She lays her head down, waiting to see what would come of this new interaction.

27. - Top - End - #987

The Void - Ahn, Ignus

Ahn looked down at his body, holding his hands up to his face. He watched the star-dust form and flow about his body, a confused look upon his face which appeared to be made of the same glittering material.

Finally, he opened his mouth "What has happened? Why do I look like this?" he mumbled as much to himself as to Ignus as he ran his fingers across his forearm and small flecks of glittering dust fell down to the Playground.

"Why cant I go back to the world?"
    "First of all, you're too powerful to remain below without endangering everything with a direct presence. Second and third... Reasons. How should I know why you look like that?" She stretches languidly, her Avatar copying the action. "I'm bored..."

The Underplayground: The Northmen, The Four Kings

A city, their target acquired. Looks as though there is a bottom class here, compared to their own... well, they don't really have any sort of societal system with comparable roles...

The miliary force begins performing raids on the small towns and villages, generaslly only plundering any wealthy looking homes, then burning them, while leaving a fifth of all located wealth behind outside of said homes. Lords, Ladies, Mayors... anyone whos life appears to be far better than the lives of those around them suffer such things. Often as not they are killed. Or bound, to be traded back to anyone willing to pay a ransom.

The Playground: Hemeliosa

On the surface at the center of the largest body of water on the playground stands the One Winged God, her wing unfurled and her hair being blown up from beneath her by a wind that touches nothing else. Her shield is currently strapped to her back, and the surface of the water is bent downwards with the epicenter of this odd effect at the tip of her sword, which is held in both hands.

There are no ripples, waves or movement within several distances of her position. Within the shallow bowl of liquid, a strained expression of concentration is all that is to be seen on her visage.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Dragonborn, Demiourgia

Thus the Dragonborn settled in the valley between the two mountains were Bahamut and Tiamat had been imprisoned for centuries and laid the foundation for the Dragonborn nation. As the years passed, what started as the largest settlement of Dragonborn eventually began attracting more population to the point that it became the capital of the Dragonborn nation, Mytea.

The Dragonborn are a proud race, and it was only natural that the different form of Dragons would eventually offer their council and guidance to the different types of Dragonborn. However, just like their elder Cousins, the Dragonborn are also extremely proud creatures, but with a deep sense of honor and a desire to show courage. Even the most evil of Dragonborn knows that to break an oath is a mark of shame and dishonor to their clan. There is nothing more glorious for a Dragonborn to have the bards recall tales of their courageous deeds, for it is a Dragonborn belief that those who who bring honor upon their clan and the Dragonborn race, shall upon death join the Cosmic Mother as a star, the greater the deeds, the brighter their star shall be. Those few who do legendary feats are immortalized in Dragonborn culture as constellations. For by joining the Cosmic Mother, thus does a Dragonborn will never die, but shall achieve immortality.

It is this drive for immortality that had the potential to cause trouble amongst the Dragonborn, and with the competitive nature of the varying clans they knew well that it would be a matter of time before they commit the same errors which drove their elder Cousins to the Draconic Civil War. Therefore, the Dragonborn resorted to extreme measures in order to ensure the unity of their city, their nation and their race. It was agreed that each Clan would be segregated into quarters based off the color of their skins.

Mytea was separated into several walled quarters, each quarter named after the skin color of the clan. It is forbidden for Dragonborn to enter a foreign quarter without a special permit which can be acquired in the embassies within each quarter. Therefore the quarters which are in the direction of the mountain where Bahamut was imprisoned, on the West side of Mytea are the Gold, Silver, Copper and Brass Quarters. While on the Eastern side, towards the mountain where Tiamat was held captive, one can find the Red, Blue, Green, White and Black Quarters.

However, this does not mean that the Dragonborn are fully separated, as there are sections of Mytea where all clans can gather. One of them is the Foreign Quarter. The Foreign Quarter is were all the non-Dragonborn residents of Mytea live, for while they are allowed to enter the other Quarters, provided that an official pass is acquired . However that too is difficult to acquire, for unless one has official business in a certain Quarter, they will be refused entry. Indeed there are many foreigners who live their entire life in Mytea without ever even seeing one of the Dragonborn Quarters. Not only that, but while the Dragonborn Quarters have their own varying laws with their own forces to uphold the peace, the Foreign Quarter is subjected to Mytean law, and Kethneciel's agents are the ones enforcing the law. It goes to say, of course, that the Foreign Quarter is the only one which lacks any form of representation in the Mytean government, effectively making them second class citizens, for only a true Dragonborn can be a citizen.

Then there is the Central Quarter of Mytea, by far the busiest of all Quarters. Just as it's name implies, it is located in the center of the city, and is accessible to all Dragonborn and Foreigners, for it is within the Central Quarter that one will find the only temple in the world dedicated to the Cosmic Mother. Made from elegant white marble, the temple looms over the entire city as it is perched on a small plateau. The plateau itself is walled and in times of emergency, the temple can act as a fortress if need be. Worshipers of all races are allowed entry into the temple, which is filled with marble statues depicting the various deeds of the Cosmic Mother, but also of the events of Purity, the Draconic Civil war, as well as heroic deeds and events of the Dragonborn race.

Next to the temple, is the building which holds the Mytean government, the Gerousia, where the strict laws of the Dragonborn are formed. The lowest seat of the government are the Elders who represent the varying Dragonborn clans. The Elders serve for life, and are appointed by the Clans upon the death of the predecessor. It was their duty to create, debate and ratify laws. However the true power laid in the executive branch, for every year the citizens of Mytea would vote for the two Kings who would rule over Mytea.

As the Dragonborn were divided into the Metallic and Chromatic Clans, it became obvious that a balance was needed. Therefore it was decided that unlike the other nations who have a god or a king rule over them, Mytea would have two kings of equal authority, born of noble and heroic lineages, who would be replaced on a yearly basis so that one could act against the power and political enactments of his colleague, while bad or overly ambitious Kings would be removed within a year. Just like all Dragonborn, the Kings are obsessed with their honor, and the legacy of their rule which they will leave behind when their year is up. Therefore, although the Kings may come from different clans, and may have different views, they know well that they shall be shamed if all they are remembered for is their inability to function as Kings because they were too busy blocking each other attempts at reaching a decision. The duties of the two kings were religious, judicial and militaristic. The Kings of Mytea were the High Priests in the Temple of the Cosmic Mother, but would also sit and judge difficult cases that the Elders were unable to handle. Lastly and more importantly, the Kings were renown fighters and generals, as they commanded the Mytean forces.

Thus it is not uncommon for a great Mytean King to rule the Dragonborn with absolute authority and lead them to greatness for a single year, only to then abandon the crown and return to his farm. In fact it is considered part of the Dragonborn ideal that a good King would be a Farmer/Citizen/Solider, for a farmer is a hardworking frugal, practical Dragonborn who works the land with his own hands while the soldier is a courageous, honorable and strong Dragonborn who obeyed orders and risked his own life for the glory of Mytea.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob

Harcob jumps down from one of the numerous ledges his goggles had put in the south. To go north one has to jump up, or climb up, or go around. Going south one could just jump down.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

The Void - Ahn, Ignus

"Bored? Nothing can be done...." Ahn shifted his golden eyes all about the playground, from the war in Demiourgia to the figure of Firestar walking away from the Apex soldiers and a shift of his eyes led him to stare at a young human woman upon the Underplayground, a place he didnt even know existed.

He listened carefully and he could hear prayers directed towards Ahn, the God of Luck and he could also hear the whispers of wishes of luck among those that didnt even know of him.

Ahn grinned as a bogwart prayed for good fishing, a doplleganger prayed for his hand in the heist of a building in Eldarond and that same human woman from earlier, though she did not know his name prayed for the luck needed to get out of an arranged marriage.

Ahn found himself reacting accordingly, whipping motions of his star-dust fingers granted boons and wishes as he heard them.

"This is amazing! I never thought that this could be possible!" He exclaimed, excited as he discovered a new way to interact with the populance of the world.
    Currently Playing