New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Peebles' Perfectly Pointless Popular Prattle - Random Banter #211

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    If you'd bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, you would still be barely scratching the surface.
    Rawhide for christ sake the game was not in stock. I'll pick it up later, jeez

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Today my snooze alarm stopped working for some reason. I got an extra 30 minutes of sleep. Best sleep of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Ah, hm. I will need to get some variety of coffee machine, then. \looks up french press
    Okay, so that is what I thought it was. That shouldn't be terribly hard to get ahold of. Honestly, the bigger issue is going to be making the coffee in a timely manner such that I can make it at home before class, when I really need it.

Single-origin makes sense to me. I've got about the same opinion on Scotch - single-malt all the way. I'll certainly remember to go for Kenyan or Ethiopian coffee when I get myself around to that point.

This will be the harder obstacle, I think, as I don't know anywhere here where I can get fresh bread, and I don't have the kitchen space, time, or patience to make my own.
    Making coffee is basically the only reason I get up 30 minutes earlier every day It doesn't take too long, really. Boil water, mix, let it brew for a couple minutes, pour, let it cool a bit (or not), drink.

Word. Single-malt all the way. I like my womenScotch like I like my coffee - dark and smoky

No bakery near you? That's a shame. My local bakery bakes fresh croissants every Saturday at 9am. It's buttery heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    You haven't got access to tea? I think tea was considered healthier than coffee the last time I heard...
    I'd love to see some study on that. Far as I know, tea contains a much greater amount of tannins than coffee, which has generally been considered unhealthy. Coffee of course has a greater percentage of caffeine (per cup of liquid), which as we know makes you awesome
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Woo, beat Majora's Mask 3D! Still super great.
    i only bought my copy a few hours ago, so i'm not that far
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    See, the fact that you consider such an episode to be worse than Journey to the Center of the Tardis does not fill me with confidence.
    I meant the worst episode of series 8 specifically. Though if we're talking all of Who I could come up with a decent list of episodes worse than Journey. It wasn't that bad.

Not professionally - I meant as part of her skillset (same as hacker). She made turkey.
    She had to call the Doctor and have him put the turkey in the TARDIS to get it done for Christmas dinner. I don't think you can really consider that part of her skillset.

The problem is that none of her character traits fit together and are determined by plot.

In Cold War and Hide she's a timid, frightened thing that does whatever Doc says. Whereas in Nightmare in Silver (or Asylum, or that Christmas special) she's brave as f#@$. She sets her own terms for travelling with the Doctor, but when she finds out he lied to her (benign or no) she throws herself into his timeline to quite possibly die for the lying sunuva bitch.
    Ah, an actual argument, albeit one which has nothing to do with anything said hitherto. However, she consistently tries to be brave, and the distinction of whether or not she manages it between those different episodes is primarily that of control - in Cold War and Hide she's out of her depth in things she can't do much about; whereas in Nightmare in Silver the Doctor leaves her in charge, she has (limited) resources at her disposal and much more scope to determine her own fate than when being threatened by the a nuclear war or a ghost. She sets her own terms for travelling with the Doctor because it puts her in control, but when she understands the situation she jumps into the timeline to save him because she likes him despite everything, also she likes the continued existence of the universe - and again she's back in control of the situation; she understands the stakes well enough and can make her own decision to save his life.

She learns in the anniversary and season finale that the Doctor can regenerate but is still shocked that the Doctor... ya know... regenerates. And she treats the different Doctors in the anniversary (and, I'm told, Capaldi) as if they're different people which doesn't make any sense at all considering that she explored his entire life.
    I'll grant that some of the regeneration dramaz are a bit dumb, though shocked isn't the word I'd use. The different Doctors look and act different, so it's not entirely unreasonable to treat them a bit differently, War she explicitly didn't encounter when she jumped into his timeline anyway, and actually I don't really remember her talking to Ten that much.

That is the problem. None of it gels together into a cohesive whole. Clara is a plot device, not a character.

Again, this might have changed when Capaldi came around. Some have told me that it did. But saying the problem never existed just baffles me.
    You've yet to convince me the problem existed. Saying she's not a character doesn't make it so when I can explain all these so-called inconsistencies as drawing from a consistent character (who I may have a better handle on based on watching an extra series of her getting more development, but that doesn't invalidate the fact the character is still consistent prior to that development).

It does when the deaths are always either resurrections or never happen at all. If you're in no danger of being harmed or dying, there's no tension when you're ABOUT to die.

Also, I was referring to that entire paragraph
    Except for the resurrections happened in two episodes, the episodes between those two did have characters die (admittedly one of them only a character with a single scene), and this was already almost up to the point where you stopped watching so there wasn't exactly a lot of time for this feeling of character invulnerability, reasonable or otherwise, to set in.
    And the aspect of having less notable characters while not explicitly good is certainly not bad either. It's a storytelling decision - a story like Hide wouldn't work with a bunch of extra characters (or a bunch of character deaths for that matter); throwing redshirt characters into the mix for The Crimson Horror would be likewise out of place; Name of the Doctor could only have fitted some in if they were seen in Victorian London because obviously no-one is on Trenzalore.
    And then again, notable character deaths have never exactly been consistent on Doctor Who. A lot of the deaths happen in large numbers offscreen, or to random extras, so I don't understand exactly where you're getting this attitude that you need regular character deaths for a true sense of danger.

ION: Trying to type up a post while workmen are doing noisy things involving gas pipes downstairs is quite difficult. Also it was hard to tell at a few points whether or not they were done yet. The noises stopped and started again many times. For all I know they're still here and just being quieter.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2015-02-18 at 06:02 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #305

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    That's ok. You still have three days to beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ecclestone is great, it's a pity he was overshadowed by Tennant (I find him overrated) and there was drama of some sort behind his leaving. Honestly, I'm starting to like Mrs. Wombat more and more, and I only know her good taste in Doctor Who and, well, marrying you. You're a cool dude, therefore she is equally cool.
    As for 'Dalek' and its finale, Super ~Speshul Snowflake~ Companion Powers are endemic of all Nu Who seasons regardless of show runner and writer.
    The only person with Super ~Speshul Snowflake~ Powers should be the Doctor. And other Time Lords. On account of being, you know, Time Lords.
    It was a pity that he left, but from what I understand, he didn't like the envioronment. I get it, they were probably under a lot of pressure that first season... Still a pity though. I like Tennant, and Mrs. Wombat likes his timing on things. Just got past the Christmas Special that started Tennant off.

I'm doubly commented on your approval of my wife, and your thoughts on me being a cool dude! She doesn't forum, so I guess you'll only know her vicariously through me, so I'm glad she's being given a good image. (though how could I not? She's the love of my life!) /gushiness

I was commenting that the episode Dalek was a great one, and then at the Bad Wolf finale, suddenly there's hundreds of them and it loses its mojo some. Although, thinking about it, showing one Dalek to be super potent and intelligent, and then revealing an entire ARMADA of them at the end of the series seems to be the right way of doing things for suspense. They just seem a lot less intelligent when its an entire group. The less there are, the more intelligent and adversarious there are.

Numbers confuse me, but when I watch sci-fi (of the softer variety) I at least know that these things aren't meant to make sense. It makes me feel smart.
    If something others understand seems like nonsense to you, understanding something that is nonsense to them at least makes it even.

I never really got into Torchwood, I know its concept was 'Doctor Who, but hotter, sexier and more mature', but here's the thing about maturity: sex does not a mature person make. In fact, sexual innuendo (and sex in general) is sometimes a lowest common denominator.
    Gasmask children speak to creepiness and certain factors of human psychology.
    I never got into it either. I didn't really like any of the characters, and watched about 4 episodes before enough was enough. I agree with your thoughts on innuendo, and such. Alas.

Drinking games are always good fun - providing you don't drink too much that is. Anyway, consider it a way to bitch about things. Oh! And tell her that . . . the main character (what's his name even?) is Mister Teatime from the Hogfather TV adaptation! It makes things more interesting if you allow for the fact that Main Character is sincerely unhinged. Especially when it comes to the ending.
    The more I hear about her the more I like her. For what it's worth, she has the eternal friendship/approval of some Random British Girl.
    Yes, too much drinking makes there such a thing as too much fun. I think with some of these, we're going to have to have forgiving rules. "When rose is being dumb" or "when rose licks her lips" just seems would lead to some sort of poisoning... Wait...Hogfather? What is Hogfather?

Usually I just Google "Watch [serial name] online free", but I usually get pointed to DailyMotion. And if you're in America Hulu apparently has some; I can't tell you more than that on account of Hulu being a US (and Canadialand?) only thing, but it's meant to be there.
    You might also have some luck searching TVMuse for "Doctor Who (1963)", it's just a collection of links, so I can't speak for whether or not you have to pay to see some, if they're broken or anything else.
    Verizon is doing this thing now where they are notified if you download illegal stuff, and short your bandwidth for a while. Its balls. We don't have Hulu, but we are in America, yes. I did notice you have some doubles of things in the Doctor Who thread...how'd you get them?

Torchwood is an anagram for Doctor Who. When they started filming the new Doctor Who, they used the anagram of Torchwood as a code word on all documents to keep it a secret. Torchwood later became an organisation in Doctor Who, then later still became a spin off series.

If you'd bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, you would still be barely scratching the surface.
    That's actually pretty funny. I wonder if there are any other Anagrams for Doctor Who now....

I've played a little (the beginning) of Monster Hunter 3, and thought it was interesting. Can you tell me more about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    That's ok. You still have three days to beat it.
    I laughed and alarmed those around me. You get an internet for that, and the highly coverted Mad Wombat Props.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    Awe. Don't worry, it'll be worth it

8. - Top - End - #308
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Rawhide for christ sake the game was not in stock. I'll pick it up later, jeez
    Your fault for not preordering this fantastic edition, like I did:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I've played a little (the beginning) of Monster Hunter 3, and thought it was interesting. Can you tell me more about it?
    The Monster Hunter games are a series of games where randomness plays almost no part. As with anything to do with computer game algorithms, there's always an element of randomness, but Monster Hunter keeps it to a minimum. There's no "roll 1d20 to hit the monster, roll 4d6 damage", it's based on skill. If you manage to hit the monster, you do damage, and you do damage based on where you make contact. It has a very complex locational damage system where each body part takes more or less damage to different kinds of physical damage (impact, slashing, piercing, etc) and element (fire, water, ice, etc), as well as armour which will soak up some of the damage or cause weapons to "bounce" off.

While classed as an action RPG, there are absolutely no classes or class levels. Well, there is, in a sense... The weapon you choose, and there are 14 widely different weapons in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, effectively chooses what class you are, and as one review put it, each weapon feels like an entirely different game. You collect monster parts from your hunts in order to make and upgrade your weapons. Basically, you "level up" your weapons, and you can choose from many branching paths on how to upgrade. For example, with 2 different starting points, the Iron Sword and Bone Blade great swords in Monster Hunter Tri, have 7 different final forms each you can choose between. Then there are several upgrade paths that are more restrictive. See the full list of upgrade paths for the great sword in Monster Hunter Tri here (Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate has many more, I just know Monster Hunter Tri better, having collected every single final form of the great sword).

You forge and upgrade new armour too, with the monster pieces you collect on the hunt. The armour you wear affects not only your defence, but any bonus skills that you take into battle, and there's heaps of different skills, from ones that help you gather insects better, through those that improve your damage, to ones that increase the sharpness of your weapon (and thus damage).

You can change weapons and armour at any time between hunts.

The monsters you fight are huge. Like, really huge. Some so big you can walk around on their backs and mine for minerals lodged between their scales. You start out in Monster Hunter doing small quests like "collect this item and return it to base camp", "kill x number of this really small monster", but then you run into something like the great jaggi. The great jag is basically the weakest (and smallest) large monster in Monster Hunter Tri, which with end game equipment you can take down in 5 minutes flat without breaking a sweat, but when you first meet one, it might take you a full 50 minutes to beat it. I remember slogging it out with a great jaggi way back when I first played Monster Hunter Tri, I remember the first time a qurupeco appeared in a great jaggi quest and how it made it near impossible (at that stage) to fight them together (you had to hunt smarter), I remember the first time a rathian (rathian and rathalos are arguably the most dragon like monsters) appeared in a quest, where the rathian wasn't the target, and how impossible it was to combat at that stage (again, hunt smarter, e.g. avoid!), and I remember the first time the story introduced you to the lagiacrus, the flagship monster for Monster Hunter Tri, and thinking that I could still complete my mission by staying on shore while it was at sea. One single blast from its lightning breath soon showed otherwise.

As your gear gets better, and, much more importantly, as you get better, you work your way up to being able to defeat these monsters, through being able to defeat many of them quite easily, all the while the game introduces newer and even more awe inspiring monsters, which balances both giving you the satisfaction of knowing that you're improving, and new challenges to combat.

Then you reach high rank, and later G rank. In high rank and G rank, you face all of the same monsters again, but this time they are tougher, stronger, and have some new moves. This might seem just like recycling from the description, but the game manages to keep it really fresh. High and R rank is almost like a new game, or perhaps an expansion, which feels quite different in a lot of ways to the base game, but familiar all at the same time. You feel insignificant all over again. There are also new, even tougher, monsters that are introduced in high rank or G rank.

There's no monster health bars, no monster status indicators, nothing that shows you how much health they have left, or how tired they are, or anything else about the monster. You have to watch the monsters for clues. Learn how they behave when they are hurt, when they are tired and hungry, when they are enraged, etc. Monsters also have breakable parts. Depending on the monster you can smash their beaks, damage their wings, smash and/or chop off their tail, smash their horns, thorns and/or spikes, damage their claws, etc. Again, there's no health bars for any of these.

Monster Hunter can be played alone or multiplayer with up to 4 people in a hunt. With Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, you can create a local game with people who are in WiFi range, or connect to the internet to play with anyone you want online. With the multiplayer aspect, Monster Hunter really captures the "MMO feel", all while not actually being an MMO. You can only have four people in a hunting party, you choose your hunt from a list, each hunt is instanced, etc, but you really feel like you're in an MMO.

The game length is huge, you can choose to play it for only 20 hours if you so desire, or you can continue to play for hundreds of hours. There's always something else to craft, some way you can improve, something else to get, or someone else to help. It's not a game where you will be disappointed at finishing it too soon, nor is it a game you should feel daunted at starting due to length. You get out of it what you put in. You can walk away after only 20 or so hours and still have had a very satisfying experience, or play it for those hundreds of hours well and truly getting your money's worth from the purchase. Undoubtedly, though, the fights get better the more hours you put in, as you meet and learn the movements of tougher monsters, and customise your arsenal and armour the way you like it.

Essentially, it's a really great game.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #309

Spoiler
    Show
    Not available up here.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I meant the worst episode of series 8 specifically. Though if we're talking all of Who I could come up with a decent list of episodes worse than Journey. It wasn't that bad.
    There is an actual scene where a person in intense physical pain (displaying such on his face, too) says to cut his arm off because he can't feel pain and he has to be told that he can feel pain because he's not actually a robot: He's the crewman's brother, who they turned into a robot slave because they were bored. Seriously, that is the actual stated reason for tricking their own brother into thinking he was a robot slave.

Yeah, there's probably worse episodes. But frankly if it gets worse than that I don't wanna see 'em.

She had to call the Doctor and have him put the turkey in the TARDIS to get it done for Christmas dinner. I don't think you can really consider that part of her skillset.
    That's a poor time management issue, not a cooking issue >.> She still prepared and cooked the thing herself.

Ah, an actual argument,
    Ah, condescension, truly the mark of a reasonable debate that I should spend effort and thought on

albeit one which has nothing to do with anything said hitherto. However, she consistently tries to be brave, and the distinction of whether or not she manages it between those different episodes is primarily that of control - in Cold War and Hide she's out of her depth in things she can't do much about; whereas in Nightmare in Silver the Doctor leaves her in charge, she has (limited) resources at her disposal and much more scope to determine her own fate than when being threatened by the a nuclear war or a ghost. She sets her own terms for travelling with the Doctor because it puts her in control, but when she understands the situation she jumps into the timeline to save him because she likes him despite everything, also she likes the continued existence of the universe - and again she's back in control of the situation; she understands the stakes well enough and can make her own decision to save his life.
    All of which must be assumed. Yeah, I get that you need to figure things out about a character sometimes, but if that's all you're doing you're not watching a character, you're making one up for yourself.

Where do we see this need for control established? How exactly can she feel in charge when she constantly does what others tell her to do?

I'll grant that some of the regeneration dramaz are a bit dumb, though shocked isn't the word I'd use. The different Doctors look and act different, so it's not entirely unreasonable to treat them a bit differently, War she explicitly didn't encounter when she jumped into his timeline anyway, and actually I don't really remember her talking to Ten that much.
    .... uh.... yes she did.

That was kind of the whole point of that last scene where they meet the War Doctor and his actor is revealed to be John Hurt. They MET the War Doctor.

You've yet to convince me the problem existed. Saying she's not a character doesn't make it so when I can explain all these so-called inconsistencies as drawing from a consistent character (who I may have a better handle on based on watching an extra series of her getting more development, but that doesn't invalidate the fact the character is still consistent prior to that development).
    A character that you pulled completely out of the ether through massive assumptions built on logic meant to - as far as I can tell - excuse the fact that little to nothing of this is established in the actual show. Again, that's not a character the show wrote, that's a character you wrote.

Or possibly she gained that personality in episodes that happened over a season after her introduction, in which case that's still a problem. Albeit a different one.

Except for the resurrections happened in two episodes, the episodes between those two did have characters die (admittedly one of them only a character with a single scene), and this was already almost up to the point where you stopped watching so there wasn't exactly a lot of time for this feeling of character invulnerability, reasonable or otherwise, to set in.
    I honestly have no idea what resurrections you're talking about anymore >.> Are you talking about Rory? Because I liked Matt Smith's first season.

And the aspect of having less notable characters while not explicitly good is certainly not bad either. It's a storytelling decision - a story like Hide wouldn't work with a bunch of extra characters (or a bunch of character deaths for that matter); throwing redshirt characters into the mix for The Crimson Horror would be likewise out of place; Name of the Doctor could only have fitted some in if they were seen in Victorian London because obviously no-one is on Trenzalore.
    It's a bad thing when all/most of your episodes are like that. Especially when your show's best moments are interactions between characters we care about.

And then again, notable character deaths have never exactly been consistent on Doctor Who. A lot of the deaths happen in large numbers offscreen, or to random extras, so I don't understand exactly where you're getting this attitude that you need regular character deaths for a true sense of danger.
    Because to have a sense of danger you need the situation to be dangerous. You don't need companions to drop like flies, but you need someone to get hurt to convince us there's an actual danger if you're going to build a scene on how dangerous something is.

Didn't think I needed to explain that, but whatever >.>
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-02-18 at 12:25 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #311
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Not available up here.
    C'mon, you surely know that there's more than one way to acquire a product! You could have it delivered to you. Heck, you could even get it delivered from the States, given that it's all the same region for region locked content.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Oh man, I love the derpy English some Finns manage to blurt out. We have some guidelines at the laundry room, and in the end there's a message in all caps from the housing association: EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL!!

Not Orwellian at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

everything is fine.
    were you still considering Trogland this year?
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

14. - Top - End - #314

C'mon, you surely know that there's more than one way to acquire a product! You could have it delivered to you. Heck, you could even get it delivered from the States, given that it's all the same region for region locked content.
    Yeah but I was saving my money to possibly get the Majora's Mask special thing. Also, they're all sold out online

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Oh man, I love the derpy English some Finns manage to blurt out. We have some guidelines at the laundry room, and in the end there's a message in all caps from the housing association: EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL!!

Not Orwellian at all.
    Haha, nice.

EDIT: NINJA ZODI SAYS KNEENIBBLE IS FINE.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-02-18 at 03:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    It's really kind of impossible to out-do Switzerland...
    Okay, I'll conceed that point.

I mean, I do, but getting the same amount of caffeine via tea as I do via coffee pushes being prohibitively expensive (and I'm already spending more money on coffee than I ought to), mostly since I'm sans-kettle at the moment and am purchasing caffeine when I'm out rather than preparing anything at home. I do need to get a kettle eventually, though.
    Hmm, that's interesting. The last time I looked in our local grocery store, the cost-to-weight ratio of loose-leaf tea was only slightly higher than that of coffee, which means that the cost-to-caffeine ratio should be roughly the same. That said, I might not have checked out the cheapest brands of coffee available, exactly, and your point about purchasing when out is still valid.

I will never ever, proclaim linear algebra as "fun". Tedious, often; interesting, rarely; linear algebra is many things, but not fun.
    But Fun, perhaps.

I don't know if an online copy exists, and I don't really feel like uploading it anywhere (see: lazy) - it's a picture of dark clouds over a body of water (that I want to say is a lake), with a few rays of light shining through.
    Hmm, I think I can envision what you mean. It sounds pretty, at least.

I know I saw them on here, but I can't say how long ago that was. Last summer... could've been. I feel like it was earlier than that, honestly, but I couldn't say when for sure.
    Ahh, pardon my foggy mind, I meant two summers ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    No, it does mean what she thinks it means, but I guess maybe it doesn't transfer so well to Swedish. 'Lowest common denominator' in general is used to refer to something in media which will appeal to more or less anyone because it's such a basic and common point of reference - such as in this instance, innuendos: almost anyone will get them and get an immature laugh out of them.
    Ahh, I see. Language get!

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Today my snooze alarm stopped working for some reason. I got an extra 30 minutes of sleep. Best sleep of my life.
    My alarms stops if you snooze through half an hour straight. It's tripped me up a number of times, since when I sleep through that, I ususally can't even remember having snoozed it in the first place. I was pretty sure my alarm has a loose connection somewhere for a while before figuring it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I'd love to see some study on that. Far as I know, tea contains a much greater amount of tannins than coffee, which has generally been considered unhealthy. Coffee of course has a greater percentage of caffeine (per cup of liquid), which as we know makes you awesome
    To be honest, as would I. I'm just going on a hunch based on what health reports I think I've heard the most...

Don't challenge me on that last point, though. I have a... special taste in tea.

ION:
    Today was an equally sluggish day compared to yesterday, and today I also had to head down to uni to present an assignment and make a slow start on the next one. I lasted 2 hours. Still, this has been a brighter day than yesterday, because I got a letter from no one lesser than our gentle Kneenibubbles!

I can report that he's doing wel,l even though the obligations of the everyday man seems to have caught him all up. While mourning his past Eustache, he's aquired a new, noble steed by the name Auto von Bismarck, and has compensated Winston for the longer days of solitude he regretfully has to suffer by introducing a new friend to him, an English budgie by the name Paddington, or Pudding for short. In fact, he has just recently observe them exchange the gifts of highest budgerigar affection. He also plans to sell his house and beloved garden for a more generic flat to profit from the inflated Winnipeg real estate market, but without losing his sight on his future gardener dreams.

He finally mentions he's left this our place due to a feeling of having been outgrown by it, and perhaps being too old for it, so we can finally find rest in knowing his whereabouts, but I intend to send him an expedient reply, so feel free to give me any personal greetings and I'll make sure to tell him that he at least won't be forgotten.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316

NecromancerGuy

Yes, too much drinking makes there such a thing as too much fun. I think with some of these, we're going to have to have forgiving rules. "When rose is being dumb" or "when rose licks her lips" just seems would lead to some sort of poisoning... Wait...Hogfather? What is Hogfather?
    You need to read/watch that, then.

I laughed and alarmed those around me. You get an internet for that, and the highly coverted Mad Wombat Props.
    Danke. I try, sometimes.

Preorders and Nintendo have not mixed well in North America in the past 3 months. Nor, generally, has supply and demand.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

But Fun, perhaps.
    I know it's kind of subtle, but "failing" and "losing" are different things.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-02-18 at 03:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #318

Awe, that's a lot more somber a message then I expected. I'm glad he's doing good though.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: NINJA ZODI SAYS KNEENIBBLE IS FINE.
    Mmmah? Really?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Awe, that's a lot more somber a message then I expected. I'm glad he's doing good though.
    ...What are you referring to?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Mmmah? Really?
    Yeah, read Teddy's post.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    ...What are you referring to?
    Read Teddy's post

22. - Top - End - #322

NecromancerGuy

Today was an equally sluggish day compared to yesterday, and today I also had to head down to uni to present an assignment and make a slow start on the next one. I lasted 2 hours. Still, this has been a brighter day than yesterday, because I got a letter from no one lesser than our gentle Kneenibubbles!

I can report that he's doing wel,l even though the obligations of the everyday man seems to have caught him all up. While mourning his past Eustache, he's aquired a new, noble steed by the name Auto von Bismarck, and has compensated Winston for the longer days of solitude he regretfully has to suffer by introducing a new friend to him, an English budgie by the name Paddington, or Pudding for short. In fact, he has just recently observe them exchange the gifts of highest budgerigar affection. He also plans to sell his house and beloved garden for a more generic flat to profit from the inflated Winnipeg real estate market, but without losing his sight on his future gardener dreams.

He finally mentions he's left this our place due to a feeling of having been outgrown by it, and perhaps being too old for it, so we can finally find rest in knowing his whereabouts, but I intend to send him an expedient reply, so feel free to give me any personal greetings and I'll make sure to tell him that he at least won't be forgotten.
    I suspected as much. Wish him well in that sordid mess that is the real estate game, and give him our love, would you please?
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, say hi and please feel welcome to come back if he ever feels up to it. We miss him.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I know it's kind of subtle, but "failing" and "losing" are different things.
    While the DF wiki may redirect the search term "Fun" to DF2014: Losing, the term itself is used much more generally by the community to refer to anything potentially lethal. Such as elephant skeletons, magma pump stacks and pretty waterfalls in the meeting hall.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I suspected as much. Wish him well in that sordid mess that is the real estate game, and give him our love, would you please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Yes, say hi and please feel welcome to come back if he ever feels up to it. We miss him.
    Will do~
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll jump on the "Good Luck Kneenibble" train. It's sad to see a fellow Playgrounder go, but such is life. I wish him luck in all of his endeavors.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

KNEEEEEEEEEENIBBBBSSSSSSSSSSS WHYYYY

I need to have a way to send him lots and lots of budgie pics and all of the nice pics I've been drawing for him since he's been gone ;__;
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #327

Guys I dropped my phone into the toilet today. It's currently sitting in a box of minute rice. Please don't be RIP...

Also, oh man. Knee got Finn draws, that's awesome. Hope Teddy can get them to him!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Aergh blur Knee? KNEEE.

HEY KNEE.
    *ahem*
    BAAAH.

That is all.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Aergh blur Knee? KNEEE.

HEY KNEE.
    *ahem*
    BAAAH.

That is all.
    Rataglooble static Elbow? ELBOWWW.

STRAW ELBOW.
    *acut*
    MOOOO

That is none. :largeblink:
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-02-19 at 02:06 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Bugbear in the Playground

Guys I dropped my phone into the toilet today. It's currently sitting in a box of minute rice. Please don't be RIP...
    Good luck, Zodi! Having experience with water damage and electronics, I hope that your phone comes out unscathed. How quickly did you get it into the rice?
    At first I was sorta grossed out by the fact that you had to toy with toilet water to fish your phone out, but it's important to do whatever it takes. Just make sure to wash your hands after this whole thing is over.