New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    I just found out about the game 'Everyone Is John', and I'd like to run a game based on that. Any ideas, anyone, on how to implement it into a forum game?

I'm googling it as we speak, but I could also use some ideas.
    After reading the rules, it looks like it could just be heavily structure play-by-post roleplaying game.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    I just found out about the game 'Everyone Is John', and I'd like to run a game based on that. Any ideas, anyone, on how to implement it into a forum game?

I'm googling it as we speak, but I could also use some ideas.
    You could just do a straight lift. I don't recall anything that would need to be altered for the transition.

Gather a group of people, give them points for will. Have them send you their identity and their skills. Set up a scene where John will start out. Players bid for getting first access. Player 1 takes over, tries to do something.

You state whether a roll is required, the Playground's online dice roller does it's thing. Eventually Player 1 fails a roll and the other players try to take over or John falls back asleep. You describe the current events, they try to get John to do something. Rinse repeat. I've never really bothered with the point totals; completing an obsession is usually it's own bragging rights reward.

Note than John starts to break down with more people, like any story heavy improvisational game. For a first run around I'd keep it around 6 or less, which allows each Voice plenty of play and keeps the session moving fast.

I've done a game of 12 people, but leaving them to such chaos invites too much down time for individual players, particularly in real life play. To counteract this my solution was to split the group into 2-3 teams, and along with their individual obsessions, give them a communal obsession goal, each of which was generally contrary to the other, though not quite mutually exclusive.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

Everyone is who, now?
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: How to play PIC
    Show
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-10-07 at 04:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

So first thing, An Announcement!

I have changed how the schedule works. The dates to the right of your game are when the Recruitment should begin. Please try to begin recruitment sometime in that period, the sooner the better.

This means that AvatarVecna should begin recruitment for Dark Lord's Manor sometime between the 11th and the 24th of October.

Cuthalion should begin his recruitment for Return of the King between the 25th of October and the 7th of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'd like the next available slot, and it will be classic with a twist: Werewolf, Turf War!
    I gave you the 8th to 21st of November. I renamed it Turf War: Werewolf, as I think it's funny to make the second Turf War game based on Werewolves, after the first was between children's shows. But I'll change it back, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Is that November 8th slot taken yet? If not I'd like to claim it for my next game. Core Component: Ex-Spelled.

Again, blame Count Dingdong for the name.
    As can be seen, Logic already got that slot, so I gave you the next one: 22nd of November to the 5th of December.

And yes, I do blame Count Dingdong for these names. He better get his buns back here to answer for these atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    So, can I schedule my Spooky Manor game for the next open spot?
    Which of course places your game's recruitment as starting between the 6th to the 19th of December.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    Everyone is who, now?
    As far as I can tell, it's some kind of show or game or something where we see the emotions of John's mind, just like the movie Inside Out.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-10-07 at 05:08 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lex-kat View Post
    as far as i can tell, it's some kind of show or game or something where we see the emotions of john's mind, just like the movie inside out.
    *gasp* you can see into my mind!?
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2015-10-07 at 05:10 PM.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

New COA is up!

Is it okay if I create the 'Everyone Is John' thread, as well? I don't see CoA signups ending before next week (I need 15+ players), while EiJ needs only 6 players.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-10-08 at 07:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat

As far as I can tell, it's some kind of show or game or something where we see the emotions of John's mind, just like the movie Inside Out.
    Pretty much, except unlike Inside Out, John's emotions are encouraged to win the game by forcing him to commit terrible atrocities.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Pretty much, except unlike Inside Out, John's emotions are encouraged to win the game by forcing him to commit terrible atrocities.
    Or whatever one's goals are, really. 'Must not wear a shirt' and 'Must be dressed in evening wear' were two from a game I was in. (And I still say we should've just bought him a dress!)

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

It's like Inside Out if the girl randomly fell asleep every 10 minutes, and the control board only allowed one person to do anything at a time, so everyone is pushing and shoving to fulfill their function.

They also tend to be more complex than basic emotions. Repressed sexuality is a popular pick. Id and Super ego, social anxiety, machavellian scheming, agoraphobia etc.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Or you can be full-on personalities, for that matter. But yeah.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    It's like Inside Out if the girl randomly fell asleep every 10 minutes, and the control board only allowed one person to do anything at a time, so everyone is pushing and shoving to fulfill their function.

They also tend to be more complex than basic emotions. Repressed sexuality is a popular pick. Id and Super ego, social anxiety, machavellian scheming, agoraphobia etc.
    I call repressed sexuality.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Awww!! I wanted Repressed Sexuality!
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2017-04-28 at 06:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

No one wants Machiavellian scheming?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Awakened Werewolf still needs more players. I don't really want to start with less than 20.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

I call the Emo personality!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #407
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Awww man!! I wanted Repressed Sexuality!
    How about you take Repressed Issues Concerning Gender?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Repressed issues concerning John's obsession with pixies!! She's a small personality.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-10-08 at 09:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

There is definitely interest, then! And I happen to have typed up a first post in Notepad++

You see where this is going!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Barbarian in the Playground

[URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444100-UnClassic-WW-Revenge-of-the-Villagers"]UnClassic WW[URL] is looking for autolynch replacements.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

If it's okay with you, I'm still interested in being an AL replacement.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Eagle to thread! Eagle to thread! Everyone Is John is now a thread. I repeat, Everyone Is John is a go! Over.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

This is your LAST CHANCE to sign up for Awakened Werewolf! Sign-ups will close in roughly 12 hours!

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Withdrawing my spot in the timeline. The mechanics and the fluff don't want to cooperate, and I've got too many games going right now to devote to running a WW game properly.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll take that space then.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry C'Nor, but the time he should have begun recruitment has already lapsed.

The next available spot to begin recruitment is between January 3rd to the 16th. Unless someone wishes to give up their placement.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-10-26 at 05:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Sorry C'Nor, but the time he should have begun recruitment has already lapsed.

The next available spot to begin recruitment is between January 3rd to the 16th. Unless someone wishes to give up their placement.
    Oh, alright then. Had thought his was the latest. No worries.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, and an announcement:
    As of the 22nd of October 2015, we have had 10 straight completed games, removing the last scars of unfinished games. Let's keep it up, people.
    That is all. Thank you.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

EiJ and CoA players, sorry y'all, but I've been indisposed with work. I'll try and type up the narration later this evening.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Return of the King's been submitted.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."