New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Red Veil: They have the Rakta Ballistica. It's based on a really ****ty weapon, and even after the buff, it's not that great. I have one, but I wouldn't be caught dead working for these idiots, so I traded for it. It's ugly and it doesn't match the Blue-and-pink of my Nova Prime. The proc (when you get 2k (?) xp while use the weapon) give energy back.
    Certainly, it's numerically among the very top tier of secondaries. Tripling its damage kinda made it insane (who would've guessed) and it only loses to Synoid Gammacor in terms of DPS while having Dread-like row-killing capability and energy restoration, and effectively infinite ammo (also it's silent so with some care about syndi procs, it can be used in stealth play). What you said about DE's balancing goes here as well; DE's logic seems to be "if something is underpowered, triple its efficiency". Obviously that leads to rather ridiculous results (old Synoid Gammacor is a result of the exact same move).

Also, Secura Dual Cestra are certainly a nice gun. I used to run old Twincestras already before Dex Furis came back and I was looking for a reasonable automatic secondary; they do good damage, have cool visuals (if you like plasma weapons) and make for the most inappropriate nicknames. Not top tier but good enough to use as a main gun for ~60 mins in T4S (given 4 Corrosive Projections). The ammo efficiency is somewhat poor but you can manage and the damage is there. Aksomata might dethrone them but it's close and not requiring crit mods gives them nice slots for fitting Seeker + reasonable elements, while Aksomata can't get 3-element + Seeker reasonably.

Sancti Castanas are a bit weird but they aren't a bad addition to the arsenal of secondary explosives (Angstrum and Stug). I'd say all 3 are worth owning and indeed, that all 6 of the Syndi weapons are both, solid and worth keeping around. They fill different niches but they're pretty solid at what they do. Not top tier and not must-have, but useful.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    I don't really want to sell the Latron Prime blueprint. I really like my Latron and I'd like to have that weapon. I really hate that you can't use starter platinum to trade. Seriously... Maybe I'll try to sell the Akbronco Prime blueprint I have? I can't see myself needing that anytime soon, since after all I'd need two Bronco Prime to use it in the first place.
    You know what you CAN do with the starter plat? Buy gifts for people. I just went to check the going rates on the Latron Prime parts I didn't have (barrel and stock) and ended up buying them both for just 25 plat.

I would definitely be willing to part with them for a Catalyst and a Reactor. So long as you still have your starter plat, you have enough to buy them.

So no, no you can't. Probably should've checked that first. Of course you can't. *Sigh*. Well now I have all the parts you need and you've no way to pay for them... Well shoot. I guess you can have them. Send me a friend request and I'll get you sorted out. Just keep in mind that unless you read this and respond within the next couple of hours, I'm not gonna be on again until Tuesday.

Did we ever get a list of names/platforms in the OP? Mine is Krade2k20 on PC.
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-04-09 at 07:41 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Certainly, it's numerically among the very top tier of secondaries. Tripling its damage kinda made it insane (who would've guessed) and it only loses to Synoid Gammacor in terms of DPS while having Dread-like row-killing capability and energy restoration, and effectively infinite ammo (also it's silent so with some care about syndi procs, it can be used in stealth play). What you said about DE's balancing goes here as well; DE's logic seems to be "if something is underpowered, triple its efficiency". Obviously that leads to rather ridiculous results (old Synoid Gammacor is a result of the exact same move).
    The problem is how awkward it is to use. The four round bursts chew through your clip pretty fast, and do impact damage. The Charge shot is slow, and it's kind of like a bow... except without the crit percentage, making it a lot less rewarding to use.
    Also, Secura Dual Cestra are certainly a nice gun. I used to run old Twincestras already before Dex Furis came back and I was looking for a reasonable automatic secondary; they do good damage, have cool visuals (if you like plasma weapons) and make for the most inappropriate nicknames. Not top tier but good enough to use as a main gun for ~60 mins in T4S (given 4 Corrosive Projections). The ammo efficiency is somewhat poor but you can manage and the damage is there. Aksomata might dethrone them but it's close and not requiring crit mods gives them nice slots for fitting Seeker + reasonable elements, while Aksomata can't get 3-element + Seeker reasonably.
    Meh. If you like you like it. That's how I am with Akbolto. I don't like secondaries that chew through ammo, so I kind of hope the Sgammacor gets buffed.
    Sancti Castanas are a bit weird but they aren't a bad addition to the arsenal of secondary explosives (Angstrum and Stug). I'd say all 3 are worth owning and indeed, that all 6 of the Syndi weapons are both, solid and worth keeping around. They fill different niches but they're pretty solid at what they do. Not top tier and not must-have, but useful.
    Oh right they get Castana. That's pretty legit. I prefer Angstrum, but Castana are pretty good weapons.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-09 at 07:19 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Colossus in the Playground

The problem is how awkward it is to use. The four round bursts chew through your clip pretty fast, and do impact damage. The Charge shot is slow, and it's kind of like a bow... except without the crit percentage, making it a lot less rewarding to use.
    Meh. The damage is big enough that crit or none, it explodes things on hit; I don't particularly care if the numbers are yellow or white as long as it gets the job done. I consider it a Charge-only weapon; the only purpose for the bursts is taking out Nullifiers efficiently. But it gets down to like 0.3 sec charge time with Gunslinger and Lethal Torrent so it's insanely rapid fire for a bow (though it does require loading occasionally which does suck). It does require Seeker for efficiency tho so that's a downer but it still reaches insane DPS with it: about twice of that of normal bows - so counting the headshot doubling, assuming it never crits and every Dread/Paris Prime-shot is a headshot, they're about the same. And yeah, the damage type of the burst could be better but realistically, the important part of your damage is elemental anyways so whatever; and again, charge shots are puncture.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-09 at 07:24 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, if you're going purely for crunch on syndicates, I actually recommend Perrin/Loka. Everyone and their mother posts offers to trade away their Gammacors/Mareloks for Castanas/Cestras, and they also have some good augments that you can trade for Irradiating Disarm.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

It does require Seeker for efficiency tho so that's a downer but it still reaches insane DPS with it: about twice of that of normal bows - so counting the headshot doubling, assuming it never crits and every Dread/Paris Prime-shot is a headshot, they're about the same.
    Yeah, this sounds terribly inaccurate. I'm thinking about it in my head, but the more I think the more I come to the conclusion "only sounds effective with fire rate; charged shot damage drops with fire rate, reducing one shot kills." While the base damage is lower on a bow, single mods like Vital sense more than double the damage.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Cephalon Suda: Her weapon, the Synoid Gammacor, was the most OP, until they nerfed the ammo efficiency. Like, nerfed to waste 10x the ammo. Yeah, DE has clue how to balance the game. It's still a good gun, it just wastes ammo. The proc gives back energy.
    It kinda needed it. Before the ammo use was brought in line with its damage output, you could basically be constantly firing the thing and as long as you tag a few guys along the way for ammo drops, you wouldn't run out of ammo ever.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    It kinda needed it. Before the ammo use was brought in line with its damage output, you could basically be constantly firing the thing and as long as you tag a few guys along the way for ammo drops, you wouldn't run out of ammo ever.
    It needed a nerf, but 1000% ammo cost was WAAAAAAAAAAY too much. The only weaker Syndicate weapon is the Cestras, which is considered weaker by a pretty large margin. I think they should have given it closer to like 10% damage nerf and 100% increased ammo consumption.

Update on the Rakta: It's growing on me, but I HATE this burst fire. I wish it was semi-automatic, because it eats my ammo. I think the damage on uncharged shots should be increased by 50, and the burst fire removed.

That being said, I run Nova P. Like any syndicate weapon, the proc makes chain reactions with Molecular Prime really easy.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The only syndicate weapon I've put any real love into was the Vaykor Marelok. Before the release of the syndicate sidearms, I had already forma'd the original marelok twice or thrice and loved every second of firing it. I got lucky and started off with Steel Meridian anyhow, so it was good times. That being said, I have bought or traded for all but the Telos Akboltos. I arrived super late to the Synoid Gammacor party and am still only just now leveling it. Holy hell, that ammo inefficiency is murder while trying to level that thing!

As for the rest of the weapons:

Red Veil's: Haven't touched the crossbow since it's buff. I like the idea of the weapon, but I just haven't gotten around to using it again.

Sancti Castanas: Fun trap weapon. I loved the original castanas, but these are only marginally better than them. Compared to the rest of the weapons, I am sadly underwhelmed.

Secura Dual Cestra: I'm with Snowbluff here. If I wanted a gun that ate ammo faster than I eat hot wings, I'd just glue down my left mouse button and wield a soma-series gun.

Once I'm down leveling the Synoid, I may go back to the the pocket bow to see how it works since the buff. If nothing else, it'll be my new Spy 2.0 weapon when I don't feel like adding Hushed Invisibility to my Loki Prime.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Bugbear in the Playground

And if you think about it, the starter plat being untradeable is kinda necessary. If it were tradeable, it'd make plat buys much more rare, make it hard to control alts plat-feeding mains (and the platinum stream, fake platinum and all that), etc. - all in all, bad business. The only alternative is simply giving 0 starting plat, which sucks in a game where stuff as basic as potatoes is under the mountain unless you put plat into it.
    Oh, it's obviously necessary, but it's still quite annoying to free players like me. Although I'll probably invest a few bucks once I draw a nice discount since I'm nearing 200 hours of gametime so it's safe to say I'm not wasting it. (Still not even mastery 4 with 200 hours. Wow. I'm really bad at this.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    If you're on PC, my clan is largely empty with most of the research complete. Feel free to send me a friend request in game. I believe my handle is ThriceDeadCat, due to space limitations. I'd be more than happy to help you out in game.
    Thanks, I might send you a request. I'm not a very social person though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    You know what you CAN do with the starter plat? Buy gifts for people. I just went to check the going rates on the Latron Prime parts I didn't have (barrel and stock) and ended up buying them both for just 25 plat.

I would definitely be willing to part with them for a Catalyst and a Reactor. So long as you still have your starter plat, you have enough to buy them.

So no, no you can't. Probably should've checked that first. Of course you can't. *Sigh*. Well now I have all the parts you need and you've no way to pay for them... Well shoot. I guess you can have them. Send me a friend request and I'll get you sorted out. Just keep in mind that unless you read this and respond within the next couple of hours, I'm not gonna be on again until Tuesday.

Did we ever get a list of names/platforms in the OP? Mine is Krade2k20 on PC.
    I... actually feel a bit bad about that now. Thanks a lot though. I don't really know what else to say to this. I guess I can pay you back if I ever end up buying plat?
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Added the beginnings of a player list, but I really don't feel like going through the whole thread again. If I missed you, please repost (also, some of the earlier people didn't mention a name)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

PC Thasaidon

No clan, usually solo (stealth) play, I have a level 30 Excalibur and a 21 Nyx. I guess I should start trying to farm stuff to make some platinum so I can unlock more frame slots since I'm pretty close to being able to build a couple more, but the ones advertised as being stealthy are Banshee and Ash and I'm nowhere near being able to make either of them... I forget what rank I am (I think 4 or 5), but I really don't play much. I haven't even started any of the faction grinds yet.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

You want Ash and Loki. Banshee is a decidedly half assed stealth from (2 of her abilities work for it, but the other two are USELESS for stealth)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    You want Ash and Loki. Banshee is a decidedly half assed stealth from (2 of her abilities work for it, but the other two are USELESS for stealth)
    Ugh. I don't like banshee. Not one bit. I have Loki p and Nova p, and both are better at what she does, and they both can teleport.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Bear in mind that Loki gets nearly double the invisibility duration compared to Ash, as well as a warframe-specific mod that makes all weapons fired while invisible 100% silent.

I'm leveling Ash now and it was hard going to start with - the initial skill does piddly damage and the invisibility duration is in the single-digits, just enough to reposition from the middle of a Charlie Foxtrot. That seems to be the intent, too, because Ash throws down a smoke bomb and briefly stuns everyone in close vicinity.

Ash does get a teleport ability that moves him near an enemy and sets that enemy up for a melee finisher, which is a cool trick while running alone.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh. I don't like banshee. Not one bit. I have Loki p and Nova p, and both are better at what she does, and they both can teleport.
    As a stealth frame, she's useless. As a defense frame, it's really funny to stack up Sonars with Resonance. And before you say "Nova does it better", why not both?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

As a stealth frame, she's useless. As a defense frame, it's really funny to stack up Sonars with Resonance. And before you say "Nova does it better", why not both?
    Because not all of our damage will be from precise enough for the bonus damage. I think Total Eclipse Mirage edges her out in terms of effectiveness, if you don't mind clumping up.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Um...Snowbluff, have you SEEN a Banshee spam Resonance Sonar? The entire enemy is a weakpoint.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

PC: ThriceDeadCat, I have a Shadow (Whatever the first "upgrade" on spacing is) clan with all but the but the Archwing research complete. I have two friends who still play occasionally in the game, but we never coordinate, so the clan is by and large a trading hub. We're also in an alliance with a rail ready to deploy, but communication with the rest of those people hasn't gone anywhere.

Um...Snowbluff, have you SEEN a Banshee spam Resonance Sonar? The entire enemy is a weakpoint.
    On that note, the weakpoints that overlap stack. Cue Archer saying "DO YOU WANT RED CRITS!? BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU GET RED CRITS!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

I ended up maxing out Steel Meridian and Red Veil recently, so if anyone wants to do 1:1 trades for anything I can get, ping me in-game or via the board. My IGN is at the top of the thread thanks to Keledrath.

Surprisingly, I'm able to get my hands on 14/23 frames' augments just with those two Syndicates.

Frames (well, Augment mods) I can't get access to:
    Banshee
    Hydroid
    Limbo
    Mag
    Mirage
    Nyx
    Trinity (sadface)
    Valkyr
    Vauban

I main Trinity, but until recently her augments weren't particularly impressive, so it wasn't a big deal.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Since the Syndicate reputation limit changes, I've actually found it a bit easier to level up Suda and Hexis from their daily missions. It also seems easier to properly balance leveling those two form their missions while still keeping Red Veil from dipping below Exalted by insuring I do the Steel Meridian missions and keeping my +15% Steel Meridian emblem on at all times.

Since it looks like you did the same thing I did, Mobius Twist, I would recommend initiating with Suda (if you started with Steel Meridian) or Loka (If you started with Red Veil) and just balance the four that you haven't tanked into hating you forever. With my set up, the only frames' augments I won't eventually have access to natively are I believe Trinity and Valkyr*. If it wasn't for that damned Bo Prime Handle, I'd have access to Hexis' weapon mods at least, but that's a separate issue.

EDIT: Just checked deathsnacks, and it looks like Phorid is still chilling on Saturn. If any PC Tenno need o cells, now is the time to get them! Go public, take your fastest frame and melee weapon, and blow him to pieces.

EDIT 2: Okay, so it's three frames' augments I can't get with my final set-up: Trinity, Valkyr, and Mag. Still, not bad.
    Last edited by Thrice Dead Cat; 2015-04-10 at 12:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't they buff syndicate mission rewards? I remember that they weren't worth the time before. Now I get 9k from Suda Defense. o.o

As for Syndicate mods, I've never really felt like using them. I main Nova, so I don't really have other options, because my build fills up my slots. I'm thinking about picking up Irradiating Disarm for my Loki p, but he's tank his range for more duration. I have Gilded Truth for my Burstron p, but it doesn't quite perform as well as my Soma p.

Hey guys, waht do you think about adding stances to secondaries and primaries?
    On that note, the weakpoints that overlap stack. Cue Archer saying "DO YOU WANT RED CRITS!? BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU GET RED CRITS!"
    With a recast time? Nuh-uh. I don't know who would volunteer to do that thankless job of spamming one key. It's not even fun to watch like a mirage or nova.

How do the weakpoints interact with explosives? I can't find a good source on it.

Speaking of other frames that grind my gears: Frost and Limbo. These are helpful in Corpus and Grineer defense, but a huge pain in infested defense. I facepalm whenever I see a snowglobe protecting a squad of infested.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-10 at 12:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Didn't they buff syndicate mission rewards? I remember that they weren't worth the time before. Now I get 9k from Suda Defense. o.o

I know, right? It's actually worth doing them now!
    As for Syndicate mods, I've never really felt like using them. I main Nova, so I don't really have other options, because my build fills up my slots.
    That's a shame, since I actually do like all of Nova's augments. Neutron Star is a decent self-centered, AoE nuke, Antimatter Absorb incentivizes you to do more than press 4 to kill swarms of enemies, and Escape Velocity makes her a mini-volt. I feel like they all do something neat, somewhat effective, and fun. Admittedly, I love every single one of Nova's abilities, so I could be a touch biased.

I am curious as to how you build nova, though. I assume your build would be something like this for a slow nova focused on maximum damage and some surviviability. You could probably drop either Transient Fortitude or Intensify (maybe both?) for some other mods and still have the maximum slow on MPrime. I forget at what power strength percentage the slow maximizes.

Hey guys, waht do you think about adding stances to secondaries and primaries?
    I think that there could be some potential there, but would rather it be less "stance" and more "aura." That way, you might actually have a reason to use one of those ammo pick-up auras or the holstering speed aura.

With a recast time? Nuh-uh. I don't know who would volunteer to do that thankless job of spamming one key. It's not even fun to watch like a mirage or nova.
    Except that the extra weakpoints spawned by the mod don't require a recast. You kill one enemy, then all the others near it now have two points to focus. Kill a second, the remaining go to 3, and so on. That's the real power of the mod there.

Speaking of other frames that grind my gears: Frost and Limbo. These are helpful in Corpus and Grineer defense, but a huge pain in infested defense. I facepalm whenever I see a snowglobe protecting a squad of infested.
    I thought that Limbo's Cataclysm still prevented infested from attacking the pod. Or did that get fixed? Either way, I still wouldn't take Limbo to any sort of defense mission. That frame needs more work than any other, and his Cataclysm mod isn't freaking helping.

If you ditch the usual Narrowminded, power strength Frost build and instead go for Overextended, Stretch, and his Snowglobe augment, you could make the case that creating a giant bubble that covers most of the level (depending) that slows and possibly freezes the Infested is a good thing. To be fair, Uncle Booben still does it better with his Bastille mod, but having layered defenses never hurts.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

That's a shame, since I actually do like all of Nova's augments. Neutron Star is a decent self-centered, AoE nuke, Antimatter Absorb incentivizes you to do more than press 4 to kill swarms of enemies, and Escape Velocity makes her a mini-volt. I feel like they all do something neat, somewhat effective, and fun. Admittedly, I love every single one of Nova's abilities, so I could be a touch biased.
    Antimatter Absorb looks good. I like all of her abilities. Heck, even the antimatter
    I am curious as to how you build nova, though. I assume your build would be something like this for a slow nova focused on maximum damage and some surviviability. You could probably drop either Transient Fortitude or Intensify (maybe both?) for some other mods and still have the maximum slow on MPrime. I forget at what power strength percentage the slow maximizes.
    My build is focused on not ganking my range or efficiency right now, especially because I don't have a rage or anything like that, and I like the antimatter drop when I can use it. Because I don't have Quick Thinking, I've got Redirection and the Health mod, which make solo play survivable. It's far from ideal. I have decent power and Duration, but it's not that great because my Prime Continuity isn't maxed yet. I usually have an excess of energy now, which is how I like it. It lets me use other abilities beyond just MPrime spam. I'll have to fiddle with it when I can actually get all of my mods and leveled them, though.

The good news is that I got a spoiled strike today. This glaive prime is a lot of fun. It's like a grenade in a game without grenades. Really handy for silently taking dudes out from around corners and setting up chain reactions.

I think that there could be some potential there, but would rather it be less "stance" and more "aura." That way, you might actually have a reason to use one of those ammo pick-up auras or the holstering speed aura.
    Right? Or maybe they can put stuff like flight speed and reload in their, because no one uses those.

Except that the extra weakpoints spawned by the mod don't require a recast. You kill one enemy, then all the others near it now have two points to focus. Kill a second, the remaining go to 3, and so on. That's the real power of the mod there.
    Dayum.

I thought that Limbo's Cataclysm still prevented infested from attacking the pod. Or did that get fixed? Either way, I still wouldn't take Limbo to any sort of defense mission. That frame needs more work than any other, and his Cataclysm mod isn't freaking helping.

If you ditch the usual Narrowminded, power strength Frost build and instead go for Overextended, Stretch, and his Snowglobe augment, you could make the case that creating a giant bubble that covers most of the level (depending) that slows and possibly freezes the Infested is a good thing. To be fair, Uncle Booben still does it better with his Bastille mod, but having layered defenses never hurts.
    The only thing I know about limbo is that they put Cata on Phorid, and then I can't pick up my potato seeds.

That frost build sounds more acceptable. In infested defense, I stay away from the pod and pick enemies off from a range. I'd build frost (because snow) if he was more like my Nova.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-10 at 01:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Antimatter Absorb looks good. I like all of her abilities. Heck, even the antimatter
    My build is focused on not ganking my range or efficiency right now, especially because I don't have a rage or anything like that, and I like the antimatter drop when I can use it. Because I don't have Quick Thinking, I've got Redirection and the Health mod, which make solo play survivable. It's far from ideal. I have decent power and Duration, but it's not that great because my Prime Continuity isn't maxed yet. I usually have an excess of energy now, which is how I like it. It lets me use other abilities beyond just MPrime spam. I'll have to fiddle with it when I can actually get all of my mods and leveled them, though.
    That's fair. I don't have a few of those mods I posted in that hypothetical build maxed, either. I tend to not play Nova for one reason or another despite my love of her kit, but I imagine that most slow novas are going to have some variation on that build. Like I said, you could probably ditch one or two power strength mods for another defensive mod and an augment, but overall, that's more for a squad of people in T4S or T4D than it is for a solo player going for one, maybe two rotation C survival drops.

The good news is that I got a spoiled strike today. This glaive prime is a lot of fun. It's like a grenade in a game without grenades. Really handy for silently taking dudes out from around corners and setting up chain reactions.
    Spoiled Strike is good times! It makes me long for the days of charge attacks on the Jat Kittag.

Right? Or maybe they can put stuff like flight speed and reload in their, because no one uses those.
    I know DE has mentioned possibly adding an augment slot or two on Warframes to account for the lack of space some suffer from right now, not quite taking us back to the old system where four slots were dedicated to ability mods right out the gate. I think applying the same to some very specific weapon mods would help them, too. Plus, it'd mean stuff like Hush and all of those extra ammo capacity mods (not clip size mods) would finally see the light of day outside of Conclave.

The only thing I know about limbo is that they put Cata on Phorid, and then I can't pick up my potato seeds.
    Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. Cataclysm in general is a clunky ability. The energy regen is nice, albeit too tiny to really notice, but locking out an area of item pick ups is so stupid. It also prevents hacking even when the console is entirely within the bubble!

That frost build sounds more acceptable. In infested defense, I stay away from the pod and pick enemies off from a range. I'd build frost (because snow) if he was more like my Nova.
    Like I said, I'd probably still prefer to play as Uncle Booben with Tesla Link and more large energy restores than sense, but there are at least options for Frost to play Infested Defense and not ruin it for everyone involved.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

I know DE has mentioned possibly adding an augment slot or two on Warframes to account for the lack of space some suffer from right now, not quite taking us back to the old system where four slots were dedicated to ability mods right out the gate. I think applying the same to some very specific weapon mods would help them, too. Plus, it'd mean stuff like Hush and all of those extra ammo capacity mods (not clip size mods) would finally see the light of day outside of Conclave.
    Well, it's good they're thinking of doing something good.

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. Cataclysm in general is a clunky ability. The energy regen is nice, albeit too tiny to really notice, but locking out an area of item pick ups is so stupid. It also prevents hacking even when the console is entirely within the bubble!
    HEY! It's not trolling if you're tossing people places they don't want to be with Wormholes. I'm helping them exercise.
    Like I said, I'd probably still prefer to play as Uncle Booben with Tesla Link and more large energy restores than sense, but there are at least options for Frost to play Infested Defense and not ruin it for everyone involved.
    I definitely prefer Vauban as a partner for CC.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

I think applying the same to some very specific weapon mods would help them, too. Plus, it'd mean stuff like Hush and all of those extra ammo capacity mods (not clip size mods) would finally see the light of day outside of Conclave.
    I'm planning to throw a fully upgraded Hush into my Vulkar as soon as I get it to high enough level. Sniper rifle stealth runs go!
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I'm planning to throw a fully upgraded Hush into my Vulkar as soon as I get it to high enough level. Sniper rifle stealth runs go!
    Do you have a moment to talk about your Lord and Savior Loki Prime? Hushed Invisibility does everything Hush does without hurting your Vulkar's damage output. Makes solo Spy runs a cakewalk.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

I have a special place in my heart for Limbo. For a few reasons.
    1. I spent two years wearing a top hat daily. I only stopped because the poor thing is suffering from disrepair.
    2. I broke the game with him. I somehow put down 2 Cataclysms in a T1D, which had an unexpected effect.

Basically, the following occurred
    1. The animations from both Cataclysms became permanent.
    2. The objective was permanently banished
    3. All other players were banished, until such time as I actually used Banish to unbanish them. No, they could not exit the Rift by rolling. Also, any further Cataclysms I put down maintained the permabanish effect on allies only (not on enemies).

I literally climbed the tree in the back and stood up top. I was on Skype with Fenrys, who proceeded to begin praising me in all caps. I put down a marker in front of me which became my altar. Finally, the Nyx came before me and prostrated herself, asking for my blessing so that she may venture forth and acquire teh lootz.

We created the Cult of Warframe Satan, He who puts the Void inside of the Void.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Darvo's got a job for us, he found some abandoned corpus ships he wants us to recover for him. Sounds simple enough.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.