New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

Alright, so I have Rhino p, Nekros, and Chroma building. :3
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thiyr View Post
    It also made it a lot easier for your face to get blown in, but hey, who's counting? (Me. I am. So much dying :P)
    To be fair, I've done some stupid stuff and got blown up, too. I'm sure there are some signs that the bursa is going to do something crazy and one shot you, but just trying to circle it means you're eventually going to get hit. At least one guide suggests taking Zephyr since none of the bursas' ranged attacks can penetrate turbulence.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I've done all the project scans thus far. Mostly I just wanted the Detect Vulnerability and Simulacrum Access Key but now I started getting upgrades for my camera. One Spy-mission on Pluto scanning everything done with pure stealth (e.g. Loki) seems to about get you your daily rep quota for Simaris, so it's relatively effortless especially since Spy 2.0 rewards are something nice anyways.
    I've managed to get all of the scans so far for the lore information. Sweet, delicious lore. I've finally upgraded my scanner fully, but I've yet to mess with the Simulacrum or any of the unique Helios benefits. That's largely my fault for being lazy and not doing Solo-ki runs on spy missions or elsewhere. Even so, it is fun to pretend I'm playing Metroid Prime again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

You should got the camera upgrades first. They make scanning so much easier. Also I typically go do sabotage on phobia since that's the current tarhet. Doing it all as look or some other stealth frame is so easy. Especially with that upgrade that makes you scan so much faster.

Also I currently found chroma somewhat of a disappointment but that might be because the majority of his good abilities are buff or duration based and we'll early warframe durations are so ... meh.

Also anyone who needs oxium I really recomend mobile defense on Europa or Uranus
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #544
    Colossus in the Playground

So, now with Shelter a full Kubrow-build requires 6 Forma...
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, now with Shelter a full Kubrow-build requires 6 Forma...
    While I'm sure there are people out there who do forma their dogs, I have no intention of ever doing that. I'm just hoping that the egg from the last alert I got isn't a duplicate of a dog I already have. Or, if it is, it's got a lotus pattern so I can freaking sell that piece of crap off and refund some of my many, many losses.

In unrelated news, two days in a row I ran Suda missions where I got two genius data. The second time that happened, both of those data spawned in the same room on opposite sides of a conveyer belt on the Ceres tile set. So while RNGesus won't give me soma or volt prime parts to save my life, I can apparently have an easy time leveling up Suda solely through her missions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

Got the Quanta Vandal last night. That last run we got about 380 points fighting a level 92 Bursa. That was fun. Glad it's over, though.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

I have a Helios, but my codex is a mess. What's the best precept order for using the new mod? Should I just put it last and the scanning one first?
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #548

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    While I'm sure there are people out there who do forma their dogs, I have no intention of ever doing that. I'm just hoping that the egg from the last alert I got isn't a duplicate of a dog I already have. Or, if it is, it's got a lotus pattern so I can freaking sell that piece of crap off and refund some of my many, many losses.
    I forma everything; as such, all my dogs have 4 Formas which is enough for an almost-full build with a rank 3 Loyal Companion. Unfortunately that's no longer an option so I'll probably have to go all the way with a 6-Forma build for each meaning 8 more Forma invested on stuff I hardly use. Well, Huras and Raksa are priority since those I actually play with occasionally.

I have a Helios, but my codex is a mess. What's the best precept order for using the new mod? Should I just put it last and the scanning one first?
    I have scan at the first slot and Detect Vulnerability at the second. Last one is generally reserved for the gun.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-27 at 10:33 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fought a Lvl 87 Bursa and was thinking Ok this is it im done with this now since the level 70 one took me from 1061 to 1300ish... but no im 47 points off the Gun GRRRR
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Fought a Lvl 87 Bursa and was thinking Ok this is it im done with this now since the level 70 one took me from 1061 to 1300ish... but no im 47 points off the Gun GRRRR
    It's not just the Bursa level that determines your score. One of the biggest factors is how quickly you kill it after it starts verifying. If you kill it fast, you get more points, but the closer the verification gets to 100% the more credits you get.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

11. - Top - End - #551

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    It's not just the Bursa level that determines your score. One of the biggest factors is how quickly you kill it after it starts verifying. If you kill it fast, you get more points, but the closer the verification gets to 100% the more credits you get.
    im aware of that, i didn't think the time it took to kill the 87 would have stopped me that close to it.

Thankfully i never have to do it again. It took all 4 revives on my pFrost but i took on the 96 which bumped my score to 1835
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

I have scan at the first slot and Detect Vulnerability at the second. Last one is generally reserved for the gun.
    OKay. It reads left to right, correct?

13. - Top - End - #553

OKay. It reads left to right, correct?
    Top left to top right, then bottom left to bottom right.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I forma everything; as such, all my dogs have 4 Formas which is enough for an almost-full build with a rank 3 Loyal Companion. Unfortunately that's no longer an option so I'll probably have to go all the way with a 6-Forma build for each meaning 8 more Forma invested on stuff I hardly use. Well, Huras and Raksa are priority since those I actually play with occasionally.
    That sounds like madness. While I enjoyed ranking up my first three kubrows, I'm drained from finding the Sahasa. It's been a giant waste in credits, time, and energy. When I was running excavate missions on earth for keys, it wasn't so bad, but since I've had little reason to plop down on that planet, I just don't care. I'd much rather forma my wyrm prime or helios before giving my dogs the releveling treatment.

Eldariel already covered the order. I typically like to have Helios' scan and Carrier's Vacuum in the first slot, followed by Guardian for the shield recharge, then everything else. Once I get the special Helios mod, it'll probably be the third thing down the list, but I need to forma my Helios before I make a decision.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555

That sounds like madness. While I enjoyed ranking up my first three kubrows, I'm drained from finding the Sahasa. It's been a giant waste in credits, time, and energy. When I was running excavate missions on earth for keys, it wasn't so bad, but since I've had little reason to plop down on that planet, I just don't care. I'd much rather forma my wyrm prime or helios before giving my dogs the releveling treatment.
    All my sentinels are already fully forma'd so clearly I just have Forma burning in my pockets.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

All my sentinels are already fully forma'd so clearly I just have Forma burning in my pockets.
    To be fair, I've been more focused on leveling fodder than forma'ing my sentinels, even though I could have done all that at the same time.

Unless I'm farming draco (and I haven't in forever), I only forma one weapon and frame at a time.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557

To be fair, I've been more focused on leveling fodder than forma'ing my sentinels, even though I could have done all that at the same time.

Unless I'm farming draco (and I haven't in forever), I only forma one weapon and frame at a time.
    Ah. I usually try to have everything leveling unless I plan on doing more than 40 mins of T4S, 12 waves of T4I or 20 rounds of T4D (defense I usually bring real gear to since the risk and the cost of failure is so high; I only bring trash if it's one of those stupid Mesa-runs), or the Raid - the Raid doesn't really give any XP so I figure I might as well bring real gear and in the rest it begins to actually be important to have proper gear around enemy level 70-80. That's in part why I just sort of have stuff gaining level - they do it almost whenever I play.

18. - Top - End - #558

Good Riddance to the Ripkas, i lament the materials used to make that damm thing and im going to have to make and Level Cleavers again
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Good Riddance to the Ripkas, i lament the materials used to make that damm thing and im going to have to make and Level Cleavers again
    If you wanted to keep the cleavers, why didn't you make new ones to put into the Ripkas?

I'm getting discouraged about the Decurion Barrel drop rate. I've done the missions it supposedly drops on so many times now and I haven't even gotten one of the two that I need. The worst part is that I've got everything else that drops there at least 2 or 3 times over and STILL not a single barrel
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-04-30 at 12:55 AM.

I am B.
    Are you B?

20. - Top - End - #560

If you wanted to keep the cleavers, why didn't you make new ones to put into the Ripkas?

I'm getting discouraged about the Decurion Barrel drop rate. I've done the missions it supposedly drops on so many times now and I haven't even gotten one of the two that I need. The worst part is that I've got everything else that drops there at least 2 or 3 times over and STILL not a single barrel
    Never seen one myself and I've gotten the full set of other Neptune awards. Peculiar, and vexing.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I've got to echo Krade's sentiments here. I've got spare blueprints for another two Lex Primes for the eventual Aklex Prime release. I can understand if you're running low on weapon slots where you would have to just use your old cleavers to get them, but it's far from difficult to get the 12 plat from the player market to just buy two more slots.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got to echo Krade's sentiments here. I've got spare blueprints for another two Lex Primes for the eventual Aklex Prime release. I can understand if you're running low on weapon slots where you would have to just use your old cleavers to get them, but it's far from difficult to get the 12 plat from the player market to just buy two more slots.
    I seem to remember hearing about them saying they aren't going to do another dual Prime like the Akbronco again. Though I'm sure I could be wrong, I wouldn't keep your hopes too high for Aklex Prime ever becoming a thing.
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-04-30 at 01:32 PM.

I am B.
    Are you B?

23. - Top - End - #563

Because my general outlook is to level up things and then use them to make the next weapon and till now they upgraded weapon has been decent or crap but the preceding weapons were also bad ~ not in this case the Cleavers were great weapons and the Ripkas terrible. (the Ankyros were not much chop and they shall not be missed)

I probably should have done the mentioned thing to make the Aksomati but i didnt want to wait for the Akstiletto so i bought them outright and thankfully they are good ~ got burned last time i did that with the Drakgoon.

On the pAklex: which is a shame as i end up swimming in pLex bits on a frequent basis and the gun is a great gun.

Jat Kittag is so much fun
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-04-30 at 08:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #564

Four Riders and Malicious Raptor are both solid stances, and Ripkas is the only real weapon to utilize them; it blows Venka out of the water. While they look dumb, that's the redeeming feature of the Ripkas.

25. - Top - End - #565

Four Riders and Malicious Raptor are both solid stances, and Ripkas is the only real weapon to utilize them; it blows Venka out of the water. While they look dumb, that's the redeeming feature of the Ripkas.
    I have better performance out of the Venka than Ripkas and Venka do not make an annoying sounds all the time in use ~ No idea about Four Riders given its a rare drop off a once per mission Mob (and for what ive seen of the manic thus far they have not dropped anything useful), ive not looked at the cost of one on trade but im betting its obscene.

Not that its really an Issue as if i need something Dead in Melee on a serious level i'd be using one of my Polearms or Galatine instead.
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-04-30 at 09:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've built everything that requires Tellurium, and in the process of trying to farm up all of the parts, I've got 8 to spare already and I still need 10 more individual drops. What's worse is that in 7 runs of the Earth AW Interception, I got 6 Corvus Stocks. RNG needs to be banned for trolling.

At least when they release more weapons that need Tellurium, I'll be prepared
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-05-01 at 12:45 AM.

I am B.
    Are you B?

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So I've built everything that requires Tellurium, and in the process of trying to farm up all of the parts, I've got 8 to spare already and I still need 10 more individual drops. What's worse is that in 7 runs of the Earth AW Interception, I got 6 Corvus Stocks. RNG needs to be banned for trolling.

At least when they release more weapons that need Tellurium, I'll be prepared
    Meanwhile, Thyr and I just recently completed the first wave of the Itzal research,

I really just need to spend a day playing only archwing,
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568

The Tonkor is so much fun ~ just out of a 43min Appodorus run where i had gone with it fresh out of the foundry and it was still doing well by the end. the Grenades do have a tendency to go like a super ball tho if you miss a direct hit.

14 Levels on it, Jat Kittag from 10 to 24, Furis from 23 to max, Saryn from 13 to 18
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #569

Agreed, Tonkor is absolutely hilarious. Doubly so on Mirage; 5 grenades to litter the battlefield. Or for goombastomping (jump on enemy, shoot straight down, they blow up and you jump to the next one off the explosion)! I'm gonna forma it right after Quanta Vandal.

30. - Top - End - #570

Yeah just experienced that ~ Mirage with Tonkor and a Mirage with Quanta Vandal while farming for Galium
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet