New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

I always welcome an opportunity to work on my new Archwing gear :D

Loving the Dual Decurion, now all I need to be happy with Archwing is a nice enormous pair of space claws. Or a Dual Centaur, that would be close enough.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-03-04 at 09:34 AM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

If Archwing was as Fun and rewarding as a Ground mission i'd be interested but as it stands it not. As long as your not speed running a ground mission you can collect a lot of loot and money ~ spend the same time in an Archwing mission and you will be lucky to get a card (half the time its going to be a Core not a mod) and a pittance of resources and credits.
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-03-04 at 11:04 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If Archwing was as Fun and rewarding as a Ground mission i'd be interested but as it stands it not. As long as your not speed running a ground mission you can collect a lot of loot and money ~ spend the same time in an Archwing mission and you will be lucky to get a card (half the time its going to be a Core not a mod) and a pittance of resources and credits.
    It's kinda crap for farming, yeah, but they do seem to have the gameplay down - in the right mission type, Archwing is fantastic entertainment. Personally, I want to see Archwing Excavation - asteroid mining for the win :D

Actually, that might solve the resource issue too, yeah? We'd have to get something other than cryotic, though. Always thought it was kind of stupid that EVERY Excavation rewards cryotic, including PHOBOS THE DESERT WORLD. Mix up the resources a little, guys - maybe let us mine oxium somewhere. Hell, I'll take RUBEDO. It's at the very least more believable.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-03-04 at 05:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

So there isn't a consensus on how Valkyr works? Disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Yeah, it totally blows to the third power. If it didn't require it's own mods and affinity, maybe it would be acceptable, but it's not in any way connected to the real game.

It could be fun and less annoying if I could use my real mods from my real weapons.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

+1ing that Archwing has potential, but it's currently too disconnected from the rest of the game. I've got all the archwing shinies leveled to 30 and all my dojo research tellurium processed, so I have absolutely zero reason to touch it.

One good step in the right direction would be hybrid missions, like in the archwing introduction quest where you start in a regular mission then transition to archwing after a Balor shows up to blap the ship you're on.

Similarly, you should be able to start in archwing to breach a ship, then do legwork on the ship itself.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    +1ing that Archwing has potential, but it's currently too disconnected from the rest of the game. I've got all the archwing shinies leveled to 30 and all my dojo research tellurium processed, so I have absolutely zero reason to touch it.

One good step in the right direction would be hybrid missions, like in the archwing introduction quest where you start in a regular mission then transition to archwing after a Balor shows up to blap the ship you're on.

Similarly, you should be able to start in archwing to breach a ship, then do legwork on the ship itself.
    This, but only if we get to use our regular mods, or if archwing mods were more common and easier to level. It'd suck to do a mission, but then get stuck on your archwing without proper weapons.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, this Tactical Alert.

"What's that?" DE asked, "You hate Archwing? Well here's a nice little event for you that's Archwing only!"

The rewards are barely worth it (Unless you NEED a Catalyst). The only good thing about it is that you also get 5 R5 Cores each time you do the mission, which still sucks because there're WAY better ways to farm R5 Cores.

I've done it twice so far and got 73 Ogma Elite kills. Too bad you need 300 for all the rewards so it'll take 8-10 runs to finish the whole thing. Whoopee...
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-03-04 at 07:25 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

It's for good reason. Update 16 is going to include the J3 Golem rework, giving us an Archwing boss fight.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Auugh I do need that Catalyst, I haven't even finished the Archwing quests, and I'm on "vacation" for two days.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

She works pretty much as you'd expect a Tough Berzerker to work. Pending what your facing and its level things can change a bit but otherwise she's fast mobile and durable with Limited Self healing and Invincibility, a nice Buff and some utility.
    My General Purpose Setup for Valkyr: Weapons chosen partly on what im fighting and partly on what i feel like using ~ particularly Melee and my Secondary these days its almost always my Vaykor Marelok

Well least im not missing out on anything with this alert, money is nice but i have 2 Built Forma, 19 BPs, 1 each of the Potatoes and 4 spare Bps each of them
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #161
    Colossus in the Playground

Things change every now and then, hard for the community at large to keep track at all times. I understand it's still the same though:
    Hysteria Damage: (300+Weapon Base Damage)*1.75*Power Strength (& Pressure Point/Spoiled Strike/Steel Charge affect Weapon Damage) split evenly among Impact, Puncture and Slash
    Hysteria Crit: 25% + Weapon Crit chance to crit, 2/5 for the crit to do 1*Weapon Crit Multiplier and 3/5 for the crit to do 2*Weapon Crit Multiplier

Hysteria also retains the ground slam of the original weapon (so e.g. Jat Kittag Hysteria slams send people flying). Refer to Hysteria (Weapon) on the Wiki for more details.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there a way to tell if a mission contains a datum or medallion without actually finding it?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Is there a way to tell if a mission contains a datum or medallion without actually finding it?
    No, but Defense/Interception maps tend to have none or very few (sometimes I've had 1-2) - they give more straight-up Rep to compensate though. Otherwise they're usually there; Loot Detector/Thief's Wit will help you find them particularly if you're not that familiar with rare cache locations on the tileset. When you find the first, you'll know how many of course.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-06 at 07:00 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but is one of you guys Gilalar? I got a friend request shortly after posting my ID on here but no one that I saw here had that name and he wasn't on my recent player list, either.

In other news, I really don't wanna finish this event but at the same time I don't want to not do it, either. #firstworldproblems

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but is one of you guys Gilalar? I got a friend request shortly after posting my ID on here but no one that I saw here had that name and he wasn't on my recent player list, either.
    That would be me, though I have no memory of sending any friend requests. Well, if you got one, I must've sent one so I suppose my memory is just bad.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    That would be me, though I have no memory of sending any friend requests. Well, if you got one, I must've sent one so I suppose my memory is just bad.
    Well now we're friends! Hooray!

New Gift of the Lotus mission up with the TennoLive stream. Catalyst Blueprint. Be warned: There are a LOT of Napalms in this mission. It was fun.

Edit: Doing T1 Survival to get the Loki Prime Chassis. Send out recruit advertisement that includes "Only going to 20 minutes. Bring whatever." First response: "Can I join? I have max damage synoid gammacore and I can be nova prime, frost prime, trinity or nekros if I need to be, and I am rank 16." So I didn't invite him.
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-03-07 at 09:30 PM.

I am B.
    Are you B?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I finally got my Nyx Prime, and I'm trying to do a goofy build for her based entirely around Radiation procs, specifically so that I can have "MKULTRA" listed in my loadout menu. Any ideas for the primary? I've got the Dark Sword and Secura Dual Cestra picked out for this one(hooray for PS's Radiation-based Sequence effect :D).

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Amprex with a heat mod

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Or Synapse.
    My Steam profile

20. - Top - End - #170

There's also the radiant Boar Prime. With Seeking Force and stat proc stuff, it hits a nice bunch of people for a nice bunch of Radiation with a nice proc chance.

Well now we're friends! Hooray!

New Gift of the Lotus mission up with the TennoLive stream. Catalyst Blueprint. Be warned: There are a LOT of Napalms in this mission. It was fun.
    Huzzah! And yeah, that alert is just about the best place to farm Rage for those interested (and just to kill a lot of those Napabuggers for those not). Bonus points for using Ember, of course.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-08 at 09:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Gotta get more fusion cores and credits... trying to rank up my Steel Fiber and Vitality for Valkyr. -_-

Angron Valkyr is totally my main now. Gotta keep ranking up that Steel Meridian for Justice Blades so I can put it on Dual Cleavers, which according to this beats out Scindo Prime as the best damage on Hysteria. Also trying to get Detonite Injectors for Jat Kittag, need only one more after siding with the Grineer on one invasion.

Also since only syndicates that I'm in the bad books of demand Reactors, I can reactor TWO frames! I'll probably use the other one on Trinity.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-03-08 at 10:00 PM.
    My Steam profile

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    So I finally got my Nyx Prime, and I'm trying to do a goofy build for her based entirely around Radiation procs, specifically so that I can have "MKULTRA" listed in my loadout menu. Any ideas for the primary? I've got the Dark Sword and Secura Dual Cestra picked out for this one(hooray for PS's Radiation-based Sequence effect :D).
    As an alternative to the Secura Cestra's, the Detron is all radiation damage. It can be a bit harder to get though, and, if you can, I'd suggest grabbing the Mara Detron (no idea if the Void Trader will ever have it again, though).
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-03-08 at 10:02 PM.

I am B.
    Are you B?

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Gotta get more fusion cores and credits... trying to rank up my Steel Fiber and Vitality for Valkyr. -_-

Angron Valkyr is totally my main now. Gotta keep ranking up that Steel Meridian for Justice Blades so I can put it on Dual Cleavers, which according to this beats out Scindo Prime as the best damage on Hysteria.
    That doesn't seem to account for the Manticore-skin on Scindo Prime which would push it ahead. Otherwise horrible but since Hysteria doesn't care about attack speed, the skin does actually make it work.

Oh, and for Cores? If you have any of Nekros/Mag/Banshee, try and get onto an E-Gate farm group. The setup can easily generate 1800 mods in an hour, about 400 of which are Cores (mostly Common 3 Cores but they get the job done) and the whole grind comes with so much creds and mods to sell that you can afford to max mods quite painlessly. I don't normally use such grinds myself; I feel it's kinda missing the point of the game. But with it being practically impossible to get reasonable amounts of Cores the normal way ever since the T4S Core drop nerfs, I'll have to say that it does make life a lot easier (and it's not like Core-grinding is a particularly engaging play experience either way).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-08 at 10:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you for the excellent suggestions, all. I now have a few ideas to work with, including one that I found while goofing around with leveling gear - apparently, the Mutalist Quanta's alt fire has a 100% chance to proc Radiation.
    As an alternative to the Secura Cestra's, the Detron is all radiation damage. It can be a bit harder to get though, and, if you can, I'd suggest grabbing the Mara Detron (no idea if the Void Trader will ever have it again, though).
    I do actually have the Mara Detron variant, and I got a Detron about 2 days after it was released to the masses. RNGesus was with me there :D

Now the Brakk, on the other hand... RNGesus was NOT with me there. Only got that very recently, and just in time to find out that there's going to be a Prisma variant :(
    That doesn't seem to account for the Manticore-skin on Scindo Prime which would push it ahead. Otherwise horrible but since Hysteria doesn't care about attack speed, the skin does actually make it work.
    In theory, yes. But, that requires the Manticore skin to be usable with Scindo Prime. That ability has, unfortunately, been patched out.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-03-09 at 07:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

In theory, yes. But, that requires the Manticore skin to be usable with Scindo Prime. That ability has, unfortunately, been patched out.
    Huh. I've been out of loop for too long to miss something so obvious. Thanks for the pointer.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Now the Brakk, on the other hand... RNGesus was NOT with me there. Only got that very recently, and just in time to find out that there's going to be a Prisma variant :(

For those not in the know, I got all three parts from my first G3 encounter. Drove him nuts.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post

For those not in the know, I got all three parts from my first G3 encounter. Drove him nuts.
    Yes, this was infuriating.

28. - Top - End - #178

Bleh. I spent a whole week (50+ hours) hunting for the G3 to get the Brakk. And I still don't have Detron to the day with about 900 hours of gameplay; a bunch of Receivers and Barrels, sure, but the bloody Hunter just doesn't have the BP (well, he hardly shows up ever at all). Stalker at least had the courtesy to drop both Hate and Despair in a row after the 40+ Dreads or nothings. Right now I'm in the position where Detron and clantech are the only Secondaries I have yet to level but the Hunter isn't showing any signs of cooperation.

EDIT: Yeah, thanks Hiro.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-09 at 03:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Right now I'm in the position where Dread and clantech are the only Secondaries I have yet to level but the Hunter isn't showing any signs of cooperation.
    Uh... I think you mean Detron, not Dread.
    My Steam profile

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Tomb of the Sentient announced.

SOmeone in the facebook comment said "goodbye Destiny." I quietly reminded him about the worst part of Warframe (the PvP).

Warframe = farming wave PvE with space ninjas.
    Destiny = fun PvP with space wizards.
    Borderlands = oh god why bullet sponges crap tier!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-09 at 03:40 PM.