New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

As long as they are not at the level of Annoyance as Nullifers and Infested MOAs new stuff is good (except the part where they announced the removal of the Void)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    As long as they are not at the level of Annoyance as Nullifers and Infested MOAs new stuff is good (except the part where they announced the removal of the Void)
    Just the removal of the Void as we know it. It's not going to be gone entirely, at least that's what I got out of it, it'll just be different and have a different means of access.

Still kinda stupid, but we'll still be able to go to the awesome shiny golden places, so there you go.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

YEah, I wonder what that will be like. I like the void. It's creepy.

I think showing off the Sentient might be a mistake. They're villains of presence. ON the other hand, I love the Vex from Destiny, so this might be cool.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-10 at 11:32 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, finally sold that stupid Vasto Prime set. You'd think that it being new more people would want it. I had to lower the price all the way to 30 plat just to find a buyer.

Also sold a Loki Prime set for 125 plat. I'm told it "usually goes for 200" but I doubt people advertising that price often find buyers.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Ugh, finally sold that stupid Vasto Prime set. You'd think that it being new more people would want it. I had to lower the price all the way to 30 plat just to find a buyer.

Also sold a Loki Prime set for 125 plat. I'm told it "usually goes for 200" but I doubt people advertising that price often find buyers.
    I've sold my latest two Loki P Sets at 200p or more within an hour of beginning the sale. It's not just about the price: server, time and luck are all huge factors too (if you don't have time to sell actively, you can always use the Trading Post on the forums; I've had decent experiences the few times I've used it). As such, simply lowering the price if somebody doesn't buy it immediately is something of a poor solution; you aren't really solving the problem (finding a buyer) but you are reducing your own profit for when you do find a buyer (though go low enough and a reseller will buy your set). It sounds like you were selling at a time when nobody who had the plat and the desire to buy Loki P was online: the person you sold the Loki P to is almost certainly simply going to resell the set at twice the price. I've seen plenty of WTBs for Loki P Systems alone at 100p range so getting the whole set going only slightly over that is an insane bargain (Helm can go for 40p alone too; Chassis a bit less and BP for far less but still).

Few tips based on personal experience: NA West seems to on average have the highest paying people (then NA East, then Europe; it's very cheap to buy almost anything on EU btw). Weekend evenings (local time) seem to be prime times for buying. And of course, you need to be willing to say "no" and also just save stuff for the next time you're selling - finding people actually looking for the stuff you have is quite high variance - one day you might run into 3 people wanting a full Nyx P Set and the next you meet none.

YEah, I wonder what that will be like. I like the void. It's creepy.
    I'm not a big fan of that news either. Basically they say we have to go through planets to get to Void towers, but...well, currently by far my favorite place in the game is the Void. I love the ambience, the architecture and overall just the place. The fact that the tileset is cool and it has a decently challenging mix of enemies to boot doesn't hurt either. As such, unless I have to actually farm something I play almost solely Void missions. On the flipside, I'm allergic to Sedna and not a big fan of most planets really. But I won't judge it yet, perhaps it'll be a positive surprise.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-03-10 at 02:27 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post

I'm not a big fan of that news either. Basically they say we have to go through planets to get to Void towers, but...well, currently by far my favorite place in the game is the Void. I love the ambience, the architecture and overall just the place. The fact that the tileset is cool and it has a decently challenging mix of enemies to boot doesn't hurt either. As such, unless I have to actually farm something I play almost solely Void missions. On the flipside, I'm allergic to Sedna and not a big fan of most planets really. But I won't judge it yet, perhaps it'll be a positive surprise.
    I'mo not expecting anything too bad. I really like the emptiness the Void missions convey. The styling of the architecture and decoration makes it look like a living area. But it's just so empty!

For the record, I live in NA, and I got the Loki P for 110.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

So sitting in Trade chat is a good way of getting stuff. Got Cleaving Whirlwind for 15 plat. Now I can sell that or Tempo Royale for so much plat.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #188

Puh. Reactor Invasion on Sedna, though I guess it's over now. Barely got it myself, making it home with the Invasion at 96%. Saryn to the rescue tho.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Nu I missed it, stupid school.

Considering reactors are only needed for the syndicates I'm in the bad books of anyway, I still have a spare one. And I basically only want just the one for Frost Prime on high levels of Defense. I could easily play Valkyr and nothing else for high-level content.

Also, I got my Rhino Prime Helmet and Boar Prime Barrel (as well as a decent haul of credits from the Mobile Defenses... which I'll probably just spend far too quickly), so I'm set for Steel Meridian.
    My Steam profile

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Considering reactors are only needed for the syndicates I'm in the bad books of anyway, I still have a spare one. And I basically only want just the one for Frost Prime on high levels of Defense. I could easily play Valkyr and nothing else for high-level content.
    Valkyr doesn't hold up so well once you start running later towers. She actually goes down surprisingly quickly once Nullifiers come out (since you can't fight them in Hysteria). Also, that makes her really bad at Corpus missions (Corpus are really good against armor and not so good against shields).

I do recommend trying other frames. I've been maining Mirage and Limbo of late, though the Gentleman is less for serious missions and more for just having style.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I do recommend trying other frames. I've been maining Mirage and Limbo of late, though the Gentleman is less for serious missions and more for just having style.
    Oh man, Mirage. I just used her a bit again after a long hiatus. Threw on my 4-forma Kohm and the Jet Kitty with a Rank 7 Primed Reach and tons of explosive damage for giggles. It was entertaining, to say the least.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Mirage is really funny to play as. Pew pew pew.

I want an Attica Prime, and I want it to be OP.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Valkyr doesn't hold up so well once you start running later towers. She actually goes down surprisingly quickly once Nullifiers come out (since you can't fight them in Hysteria). Also, that makes her really bad at Corpus missions (Corpus are really good against armor and not so good against shields).

I'll be trying my Zephyr... at some point. And I still have Trinity. Will probably build Nekros and Nyx, and Vauban if the RNG rolls in my favor.

You can hit the nullifier shields with melee attacks, it's just a bit tricky to not overshoot. I should be able to afford some caution with my invincibility.

Edit: Oh, and I think I'll build the Angstrum at some point. Hate to give up my Marelok, but as Valkyr I should be fine without it. Just using Tiberon or Hek as my primary to kill stuff at range (with my Hell's Chamber I'm now seriously considering potatoing my Hek).
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-03-12 at 04:35 PM.
    My Steam profile

14. - Top - End - #194

Mirage is probably my favorite frame and IMHO the best-designed warframe in the game. Good enough energy efficiency that it's not reliant on Efficiency-mods like so many other Frames, great useful generalist skills, #1 that's not a terrible downsized version of the Ultimate (indeed, one that remains useful throughout), a good mix of offense and defense and abilities that are interesting; Prism is both, a great damage ability and CC but not both (and it's blocked by walls and it's a mobile projectile so there's actual gameplay involved), Eclipse cares about environment and Hall of Mirrors is just cool. Booby Trap is whatever but even it has its uses now that you're forced to take it along and she scales great with Power Strength.
    Spoiler: Some WF design thoughts
    Show
    Aside from the usual Warframe absurdity with regards to buff numbers (568% for the whole team is kind of a lot), I'd say Mirage is more or less perfectly designed and definitely my favorite design both elegance- and balance-wise in the game. And one of the few that works completely modless while still shining fully modded out. And of course, it doesn't hurt that utility-wise she's a versatile pick that can fill a number of roles from DPS, buffing and CC to tanking in most content (Hall of Mirrors/Primed Flow/Quick Thinking with the Eclipse/Prism options makes her pretty darn survivable).

In fact, I feel DE has gotten a lot better about particularly #1 abilities and power management with the newer designs. All the first round designs basically just have no energy to use their powers comprehensively without heavy modding and many of the ults offer precious little interesting gameplay (Ash is the worst offender on this IMHO; your ult basically turns on a movie for ~10 seconds, and incidentally also eclipses all the other abilities of the Frame). Indeed, frames with both, interesting 1 and 4? I can only really think of Loki, Limbo, Mirage, Valkyr, Nyx & Mesa; only ones in the original rotation are Nyx and Loki and only Loki has 4 genuinely useful abilities (Psychic Bolts...). And even Limbo's abilities are basically just "small banish and big banish"; it just so happens banishing can be good or bad and only one can banish map objects so both are needed. Mirage, even with Booby Trap being kind of poor, is just a bright shining ray of light in terms of design. She has so many things done right that this game usually has troubles with.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Doing T3S trying to get Nova Prime parts. Team is a Vauban, Nekros and Speed Nova. I'm Greedy Mag. Corrosive Projections all around. My Pull was doing over 1000 damage to primed enemies. Shield Polarize explodes everything (which then explode again from Nova's Molecular Prime). We managed to go to 60 minutes where the enemies start getting over level 100. No Nova Prime part. Our Rotation C drops were (in order): Forma BP, Sicarus Prime BP and Sicarus Prime BP. Trolling-ass RNG.

Things I learned today: Once you get rid of that pesky armor, Mag is GOD.

I am B.
    Are you B?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

My friends and I have been trying to get the Vasto Prime part from T1D for a while now. Our last batch was something like Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, R5 Core, R5 Core. We only had 3 and accidentally brought in the wrong frames (Mesa, Ash, and my levelling Banshee)

I normally wouldn't complain about Forma BPs, but I will literally run out of every resource used to make formas before I run out of BPs.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #197

Doing T3S trying to get Nova Prime parts. Team is a Vauban, Nekros and Speed Nova. I'm Greedy Mag. Corrosive Projections all around. My Pull was doing over 1000 damage to primed enemies. Shield Polarize explodes everything (which then explode again from Nova's Molecular Prime). We managed to go to 60 minutes where the enemies start getting over level 100. No Nova Prime part. Our Rotation C drops were (in order): Forma BP, Sicarus Prime BP and Sicarus Prime BP. Trolling-ass RNG.

Things I learned today: Once you get rid of that pesky armor, Mag is GOD.
    From what I gather, Nova Prime, Vasto Prime and Soma Prime piece droprates are all in the 5% region (except for Soma Prime Blueprint, of course). I've now played 79 T3Es after the release of Soma Prime but I've yet to see a Stock. I have seen a total of 4 Soma P Barrels in Interception with maybe 200 waves tho so that's probably a bit higher (or it was raised recently; DE often likes to raise old prime droprates when they aren't that new anymore). I've yet to see a single Vasto Prime BP in T4S (though admittedly I haven't run a lot of T4S over 5 mins since Cores got removed and the drop tables got diluted with useless crap) and I've never seen a Nova Prime anything though I haven't farmed overtly much for any of the pieces. Vasto Prime Barrel dropped fairly quickly though so there's that at least; but I've only ever seen one.

I came to the same old conclusion that it's more efficient for me to just farm T3-4 missions with decent loot tables, buy pieces to finish the sets and sell them and then use plat to buy the new Primes than it is to actually farm for the new primes. The amount of Sicarus & Mag pieces I got from T3E is simply staggering (I think I got a total of 3 prebuilt Formas, 2 Nyx P Chassis, 4 Rhino P BPs and a bunch of Boltor P Barrels; and then dozens of each, Sicarus P Barrel, Mag P BP and Mag P Chassis) and that leads me to believe that mission isn't particularly loot-friendly. T3S is even worse; only C-rotation has anything worthwhile and all of the worthwhile things there have practically nil chance of dropping.

Also, Mag is actually the trick Tenn-O's used when they made the 7 hour Survival record way back in the day. The fact that Shield Polarize scales with enemy level makes it just unfairly powerful against high level opponents, though of course now with Nullifiers, her power is quite diminished.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

My friends and I have been trying to get the Vasto Prime part from T1D for a while now. Our last batch was something like Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, Forma BP, R5 Core, R5 Core. We only had 3 and accidentally brought in the wrong frames (Mesa, Ash, and my levelling Banshee)

I normally wouldn't complain about Forma BPs, but I will literally run out of every resource used to make formas before I run out of BPs.
    Do you want some T1D keys? I will give you T1D keys. I seriously have about 40 of them.

I am B.
    Are you B?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Do you want some T1D keys? I will give you T1D keys. I seriously have about 40 of them.
    Oh, we have a ton (I think I'm in the 20s and Fenrys is in the 50s).

We just aren't all on that often, and usually have better things to do. But with Prime Access ending, we wanted to try and pick it up.

I still need my Soma too...

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, we have a ton (I think I'm in the 20s and Fenrys is in the 50s).

We just aren't all on that often, and usually have better things to do. But with Prime Access ending, we wanted to try and pick it up.

I still need my Soma too...
    Looking back, I apparently misread your post. I interpreted "We only had 3" as "We only had 3 keys."

I am B.
    Are you B?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    I'll be trying my Zephyr... at some point. And I still have Trinity. Will probably build Nekros and Nyx, and Vauban if the RNG rolls in my favor.

You can hit the nullifier shields with melee attacks, it's just a bit tricky to not overshoot. I should be able to afford some caution with my invincibility.

Edit: Oh, and I think I'll build the Angstrum at some point. Hate to give up my Marelok, but as Valkyr I should be fine without it. Just using Tiberon or Hek as my primary to kill stuff at range (with my Hell's Chamber I'm now seriously considering potatoing my Hek).
    POTATO THE HEK. With the syndicate mod for it (+200% multishot) and Hell's Chamber on it, the thing gets up to 320% MULTISHOT.

The enemy will have more flak in their system than blood at that point. If only because they've completely bled out on the back wall after the first shell.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-03-13 at 09:15 PM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Or you can get yourself a Kohm, saving yourself a syndicate mod/points.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-13 at 09:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Or you can get yourself a Kohm, saving yourself a syndicate mod/points.
    What the Hek would you want to do that for.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    What the Hek would you want to do that for.
    For when you need to Kohm your hair.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

But I already have the mod. Someone gave it to me for free.

Kohm does sound like a good gun though, and I will make it at some point for mastery. I'll probably potato the Hek though, so I can have a good gun while leveling some less important secondaries.

Edit: Though I've only got one catalyst right now and just got Justice Blades for my Cleavers.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-03-14 at 01:25 AM.
    My Steam profile

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a potato and 4 Formas on my Kohm. I have not, however, leveled my Primed Point Blank yet. When I do, I'll need a fifth Forma in it. I love it. Since I started using it again it has been my favorite primary.

They didn't call what they did to the Kohm a nerf, did they? Because I seriously like it better since it's rebalancing.

Also: When the hell are they gonna give us some Impact event mods to go with the Puncture and Slash mods?
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-03-14 at 07:27 PM.

I am B.
    Are you B?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

I think Kohm's already been nerfed. Before the fire rate and number of pellets would keep getting higher, causing lag. I think it was nerfed to PC, and present when they brought to console. The fire rate may have been affected by the lag, but I don't know the engine.

Each pellet does similiar damage/second to my Soma P, AFAICT. It has a good fire rate with the 90% fire rate. I wouldn't bring it past that, and focus on damage instead.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-14 at 10:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

They lowered the fire rate and made it cap at 2 per shot rather than 9 or 10. I'm pretty sure they also increased the damage per shot. Also, they removed the distressingly short range cap and instead made the shots arc (with no damage fall-off at range).

There's MUCH less wasted shots now. It used to spray in an arc comparable to the non-focused Phage with a similar range, less damage, and nowhere near the ammo efficiency. Now it's damage output can have it keeping pace at least as well as Boltor Prime on the ridiculously high level areas. Also, the natural 1 meter punch through is an amazing advantage over pretty much all of the other weapons. The only mark against it is that it's not hit-scan (also possibly that unless you have two maxed copies of many Shotgun mods, you're sentinel won't be able to effectively use Sweeper).

Edit: I'm pretty sure they made those changes because of the lag issues (which were compounded by the popularity of Mirage at the time). To make up for the reduced pellets fired and RoF (to combat the lag issues) they increased the damage (I can't remember exactly how much, but I wanna say doubled). Edit: I just checked the original post on the wiki, it's damage per pellet was actually more than quintupled. It was 3 impact and puncture and 9 slash. Now it's 15.4 impact and puncture and 46.2 slash.

Edit: Let me just say one more thing about it: It's a damn good thing the Grineer don't actually use the Kohm, because even unmodded it would tear the Tenno to shreds.
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-03-14 at 11:55 PM.

I am B.
    Are you B?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Boltor P is overrated anyway. It's not even hitscan.

IIRC, the phage's damage is if the whole burst hits. I've found the Kohm a much more reliable weapon lately, but I really should use my phage more.

I have my sentinel use the machine gun while I use it, since I'm not using my rifle mods. I think I'll switch to the Laser Rifle Prime and go for a rifle status build, since the damage of sentinels falls off pretty hard.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Boltor P is overrated anyway. It's not even hitscan.
    Yeah, I like the Angstrum well enough, but "hitscan" is a huge pro for a gun IMO.
    My Steam profile