New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Yeah, I like the Angstrum well enough, but "hitscan" is a huge pro for a gun IMO.
    Well, the Angstrum is different. There's a good chance you'll hit *something* even if you "miss."

*drops to 0 HP* "I meant to do that."
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

I didn't like the Angstrum until i figured out to how to use it well ~ which is to shoot at their feet
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I didn't like the Angstrum until i figured out to how to use it well ~ which is to shoot at their feet
    Just like playing Soldier in TF2.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

4. - Top - End - #214

Just like playing Soldier in TF2.
    I'll take your word for it as Ive not played Tf2
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

I'll take your word for it as Ive not played Tf2
    Or rather, "just like any explosive in an FPS." Halo, CoD, Battlefield.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes with explosives. Especially in Warframe's PvE environment - aim at the feet of large crowds to maximize your tiny ammo pool.

*sigh* I remember when the Ogris had 540 shots in reserve. Good times.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

So Spy 2.0 seems to be really profitable. Wftrading lists the price on Volcanic Edge as 35p, and I sold one for 30, and I just got a third one (the first one is for me).
    My Steam profile

8. - Top - End - #218

Ive not tried any of the new spy missions yet, im either in a Tower or doing Invasions recently (Infested mostly)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #219
    Colossus in the Playground

So Spy 2.0 seems to be really profitable. Wftrading lists the price on Volcanic Edge as 35p, and I sold one for 30, and I just got a third one (the first one is for me).
    Plus they're actually enjoyably different to play. Some parkour elements implemented into the actual gameplay, fairly brief but still somewhat challenging (if eventually repetitive) rooms, multiple options on paths, etc. And yeah, it's really good for rewards. One of the better additions to the game in a long, long while IMHO (I'm just sad the value of that Cryotic Front Set I'd been waiting to sell plummeted since it was reintroduced so relatively soon comparatively).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, they're a mission type you actually want to solo and use parkour on. The Grineer ones initially seemed tougher but I've figured out what the security patterns are and can bypass them, at least for Saturn (honestly, the Corpus Mars one gives me more trouble now because I'll occasionally mistime a laser wall). First Saturn spy run: Rime Rounds. Done four runs and only got the one Rime Rounds so far, but I also got a Continuity which is nice. Also got my last Commander scan on one of them, and stealth scans are worth a lot of affinity.

Gonna wait for my Valkyr to re-level fully after formaing before trying to take on high-level spies, I don't have enough energy efficiency or duration to run through everything when the enemies are dealing that much damage.
    My Steam profile

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

https://warframe.com/news/last-chanc...ime-parts-void

If you don't have this stuff yet, go get it now. The way this is worded, they might be giving these things away with events, maybe. Just to be on the safe side, you should probably go get yours now.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

So do I just have to collect the parts/blueprints or do I have to actually build them to keep them? Because I don't really care about Latron or Reaper...
    My Steam profile

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

I'm hoping we get to keep the parts. Suddenly that Latron Prime set I've been saving will be worth something.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Can't you also trade unranked weapons? Granted, that takes up a weapon slot.
    My Steam profile

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Can't you also trade unranked weapons? Granted, that takes up a weapon slot.
    Only the syndicates and Void Trader, I think.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Removal of the Void as we know it
    *Chroma's less-than-stellar reveal
    *Frost Prime and his gear being tossed into a vault with Excal Prime and his gear

...this isn't exactly a great start to DE's supposed "year of quality", is it?

17. - Top - End - #227

So do I just have to collect the parts/blueprints or do I have to actually build them to keep them? Because I don't really care about Latron or Reaper...
    They're only being removed from the Void so of course you get to keep the parts. The Primes are going nowhere and e.g. when Arcane Helms were removed, the built ones and the blueprints still remained. So there's precedence.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #228

Its only two of the Most common Prime items and parts there of, if you don't have them you've not been in the Void much. It will be nice to do Survivals and not get Latron Prime BP after BP. The Reaper Prime i could care less about ~ had some of it and sold it for Ducats.

Only Bit of pFrost that i didn't find in the Void was the helmet and i traded some gun parts for it. all the parts for pLatron are sitting in my Foundry waiting for me to be bored enough to build it
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

So... anyone on PC have a spare Frost Prime Systems? I've gotten two spare helmets from the T4 Survival by now, as well as a bunch of other stuff, but no Systems.
    My Steam profile

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    *Removal of the Void as we know it
    *Chroma's less-than-stellar reveal
    *Frost Prime and his gear being tossed into a vault with Excal Prime and his gear

...this isn't exactly a great start to DE's supposed "year of quality", is it?
    I'm not sure why you think so. It's all about perspective and framing.

For instance:

* Recognition that the Void is only fun the first few times you run it, and the decision to transition to something better, something we don't yet have much information on and so shouldn't be judging a failure.

* Introduction of a new warframe that is said to be exceptionally capable of individual and team play, a unique mechanic, and visual decisions on par with Wyrm Prime. Seriously, it's either a Viking-inspired or an Asian-inspired dragon snout. Additionally, if the helmet concerns you so, there will surely be other alternate helmets released shortly, as there have been for every warframe.

* Reducing saturation for void drops while the void is still available, while inspiring interest in old/outdated gear. Given how many event-specific pieces of gear there are (that a later-starter can't get any more), I can't see this as anything but consistency.

Wheras you might see massive fail, I see mostly positive decision with an indication that they care about keeping the game fresh and fun.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Twist View Post
    * Recognition that the Void is only fun the first few times you run it, and the decision to transition to something better, something we don't yet have much information on and so shouldn't be judging a failure.
    This varies from person to person TBH. I play the Void all the time and I enjoy it. Sure, I might not like Void Defense but all the other modes are okay (though Exterminate is a bit painful as well) and it's by far my favorite content in the game. They'll need to make significant improvements elsewhere to keep me interested in the game. And as always, I'm of course not alone.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not sure why you think so. It's all about perspective and framing.

For instance:

* Introduction of a new warframe that is said to be exceptionally capable of individual and team play, a unique mechanic, and visual decisions on par with Wyrm Prime. Seriously, it's either a Viking-inspired or an Asian-inspired dragon snout. Additionally, if the helmet concerns you so, there will surely be other alternate helmets released shortly, as there have been for every warframe.

* Reducing saturation for void drops while the void is still available, while inspiring interest in old/outdated gear. Given how many event-specific pieces of gear there are (that a later-starter can't get any more), I can't see this as anything but consistency.

Wheras you might see massive fail, I see mostly positive decision with an indication that they care about keeping the game fresh and fun.
    I acknowledge your opinion and respectfully disagree:

*Eh, I still find the void fun. Personal preference, maybe. Probably helps that I've always been a fan of the tileset and the interesting way of keeping the toughest of the normal enemies around, creating terrifying enemy combos we don't normally see. As long as we still have difficult zones to work with, it'll probably all work out fine.

*I personally don't have an issue with Chroma's design, but you have to agree the general reception hasn't been great. Lots of people don't like the guy, and while I'm not overly bothered by the oddities, I can see where they're coming from. My main issue with Chroma is the way that his unique mechanic locks down my color choices based on how I want to play him - what if I want to use red lightning while playing him, or blue fire, or purple ice? You won't be able to do that. My default color scheme for my 'frames uses red energy, which will probably lock him in as a fire elemental, but my use of red energy started with Volt because I'm a huge fan of inFamous-style red lightning. I feel like there has to be a better way of working his element choice into the customization system, if this is the route they want to go.

*My issue with this is less with the desaturation of void drops, and more with the fact that more gear is being timelocked, keeping it away from newer players. Keep in mind that as a Founder, I would like to see Excal Prime released to the masses, and hate that the other Founders are so vehemently against it. I am not a fan of timelocking Prime gear, though I'm fine with this being done to Wraith and Vandal gear (after all, those are basically event trophies, whereas all Prime gear besides Excal and his weapons has been obtainable regardless of time progression).

None of this is a dealbreaker in and of itself, but put together it paints a very pretty picture of a storm brewing in the distance. That storm cloud, though, has a really nice looking sunrise about a half a mile behind it, easily in view. DE has made me happy with a lot of design choices with Warframe in the past, such as the ship UI and the mod system, both of which I HATED at first. Now, I can't imagine the game any other way. I'm sure they'll pull through again, and the other stuff that I've seen for U16 looks FANTASTIC, including the raids, the other new weapons, the primed version of my starter 'frame, and all of the other cool things we'll be seeing in about a week.

Except for one thing. The one thing that I cannot and will not forgive DE for.

Those ridiculous looking wrist-mounted chainsaws...those are the Grineer claws. The one weapon I was looking forward to more than anything else. A possible replacement for my beloved-but-terrible Venka on my well-loved Ash.

DE WHY ARE THE NEW CLAWS AWFUL

EDIT: I've had to edit this about 9 times because I keep noticing grammar issues. MY BRAIN IS DYING TODAY
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-03-18 at 07:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

furious Re: Warframe In the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    I acknowledge your opinion and respectfully disagree:
    You make excellent points. They're definitely objections I can see being shared by a lot of people.

I didn't mean to imply that the void is stale and horrible and should be disposed of; the impression I got from the Tenno Live event was that they are changing access to the void tileset to be through the star map missions (maybe rather like current void sabotage?), rather than doing away with it entirely.

Chroma's possible failing as a color-coordinated fashion non-disaster is quite possible. I'm still leveling all the baseline warframes to 30, so I end up running around with default color schemes. I also dress myself in mostly earth tones. Perhaps it should be said that I'm not the best person to comment on the aesthetics.

I'm also not a fan of time-locked gear, event-specific mods, and weapons that you can never get again from Baro or an event. It's annoying that in a game that has "collect 'em all" as a definite draw and makes doing so fairly possible (compared to, say, World of Tanks) there are items that will always remain tantalizingly out of reach. Since it's such a central design decision used as incentive to keep people playing, I just figure that it's the way the game was designed on purpose, shrug, and move on. DE employees gotta eat.

I have so many melee weapons to level that I haven't even gotten to the Venka. What makes you say that the new chainsaw claws are horrible, other than the way they look? I didn't think we knew the stats yet.

-RFC 1925

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

I have so many melee weapons to level that I haven't even gotten to the Venka. What makes you say that the new chainsaw claws are horrible, other than the way they look? I didn't think we knew the stats yet.
    It's the aesthetics. I can confirm this, I've heard his rant enough times.

Also, the current stance is based around vertical blade orientation. With the new chainclaws having a horizontal blade orientation, it means that you are actually smacking people with the flats instead of cutting with the blades. And if the new stance is designed for the horizontal blades, then the Venka will have the same problem there, which means you have 2 stances, and 2 weapons, and each weapon has to use the stance that matches it, or you look like a complete idiot.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Forum Link

PC Tenno,

If you’ve been following www.warframe.com/sanctuary, you may notice there is still a silhouette to be unveiled. For clarity, this indicates that the Sanctuary update will not be shipping today (March 18). It’s shaping up to be a Thursday (March 19) deployment!

What to look forward to:
    Taking vengeance on those that destroyed your Relays…
    A new enemy lurking in the shadows…
    Using your fists as saws …
    And so much more….

Thanks for your patience.
    Using your fists as saws …
    Maybe fist weapon (Ankyros, Furax) not claw weapon? Straight punch someone in the face with a chainsaw.

I love to see the counter finishing moves on certain weapons, and this one ought to be pretty gruesome.

-RFC 1925

26. - Top - End - #236

I find hilarious the tears of the people in the Megathread on the WF forums about the Removal of the 3 Prime items, most of it seems to be along the lines of " But Johnny Newplayer wont have access to this" or wont have enough Fodder for his mastery....

In the time since i started playing they have added over 20 new weapons, 2 warframes, 2 Prime warframes and the 3 Archwing's.

If you cant get your MR up from that you have issues that 3 prime items are not going to solve
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

I find hilarious the tears of the people in the Megathread on the WF forums about the Removal of the 3 Prime items, most of it seems to be along the lines of " But Johnny Newplayer wont have access to this" or wont have enough Fodder for his mastery....

In the time since i started playing they have added over 20 new weapons, 2 warframes, 2 Prime warframes and the 3 Archwing's.

If you cant get your MR up from that you have issues that 3 prime items are not going to solve
    Pretty much. Just leveling the market-purchasable weapons and star chart warframes (no prime, no clan weapons, no sentinels/kubrows, no archwing) gets you to MR 12. MR 8 is the cap for all current weapons, and MR 10 gets you all three extractors. Anything beyond that is for syndicate daily rating and showing off.

Now, it's possible that there are other reasons beneath the stated one. Things like, "I don't like change", "I don't yet have all the parts collected myself", and "I resent anything being taken away on principle."

-RFC 1925

28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground

I dislike this since I a) haven't really been to the void much yet and b) want to have a Latron Prime and would prefer not to have to pay with actual money for it.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    I dislike this since I a) haven't really been to the void much yet and b) want to have a Latron Prime and would prefer not to have to pay with actual money for it.
    You can sell stuff in trade chat for plat and use that to buy your Latron. Real money need never be involved.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

MR 10 gets you all three extractors.
    Actually, when you pass 15 you can put out a fourth. Speaking of, I should start putting my extractors out again. It's just such a hassle sometimes because unless you want to risk losing them, you need to make sure to log back on to empty them. Main reason I stopped. Of course they're not that expensive to replace now. 150 Oxium per distilling extractor used to be a LOT. It's not so bad now that Oxium drops in much higher quantities than it used to.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?