New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach X: Deicide (this time for real)

So we know Bach/Ywach and Ichigo inner blackman are related, this is because Ichigo is supposedly a descendant of Ywach.

But can Jugram Haschwalth and Ichigo inner Hollow/Shigamini be related as well? That Ichigo has some form of connection to Jugram like being a descendant of Jugram and the when Aizen attacked Ichigo's parents with the white Hollow it then modified this part of Jugram that now is in Ichigo?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

The current explanation is that the White Being inside Ichigo is his Zanpakuto Spirit, that is, the manifestation of the Shinigami Powers he inherited from his Father, combined with hollow powers Ichigo inherited from his mother.

If it had anything to do with his Quincy half, Ichigo would have died as soon as it became fully active(which was when he was forcibly hollowfied while Fighting Byakuya) which was when the soul bond made of Isshin's power that had been used to suppress Masaki's hollow side and later expanded to include Ichigo's after he was born was broken. Since Quincy are fatally allergic to hollows
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liltotto is the girl with the big goopy mouth and yes, Giselle is the possibly trans, definitely necrophiliac girl.
    Spoiler: LaZodiac
    Show
    Also lesbian, if I'm using the right nomenclature. The necrophiliac part creeps me the **** out.

@Rater202: I thought Quincies were allergic to Hollow powers or some other crap like that. Remember when Uruhura aka Hats 'n Clog's told other captains to take their Vitamin H, to restore their stolen powers?

4. - Top - End - #394

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Show
    Also lesbian, if I'm using the right nomenclature. The necrophiliac part creeps me the **** out.

@Rater202: I thought Quincies were allergic to Hollow powers or some other crap like that. Remember when Uruhura aka Hats 'n Clog's told other captains to take their Vitamin H, to restore their stolen powers?
    Well also remember this arc ****ing started with Hollows that were given Quincy powers by Bach and I seriously just remembered that, so maybe it's only certain types of Hollowness.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm confident it has something to do with Kubo's poorly-explained Pseudowissenchaft.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    I'm confident it has something to do with Kubo's poorly-explained Pseudowissenchaft.
    Must resist... urge... to bypass censor.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

I'm rewatching the entire series again (in sequence!), and something has occurred to me during the first Soul Society invasion. So the series takes place in Japan, and the afterlife looks...well, Japanese. Makes sense, yes?

My question is...is there a European Soul Society monitoring the supernatural activities of Europe? A North American Soul Society for North America? Are they populated by knights? Flintlock-wielding footsoldiers? What do their konsos look like? Or does everyone go the Japanese Soul Society?

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    I'm rewatching the entire series again (in sequence!), and something has occurred to me during the first Soul Society invasion. So the series takes place in Japan, and the afterlife looks...well, Japanese. Makes sense, yes?

My question is...is there a European Soul Society monitoring the supernatural activities of Europe? A North American Soul Society for North America? Are they populated by knights? Flintlock-wielding footsoldiers? What do their konsos look like? Or does everyone go the Japanese Soul Society?
    There has never been a mention. If the Soul Society is it as far as the afterlife goes... I think I'd rather be eaten by a hollow

Edit: The Soul Society as it's been show so far that is. I'd rather skip an eternity of crushing proverty(people get hungry and sick in the AFTERLIFE! WTF!?) waiting to reincarnate or being broken down as spare reishi. And on the off chance I might be able to manifest Shinigami/Soul Reaper powers, odds are good that I won't have MAIN CHARACTER plot power so it would take hundreds of years to even reach a 20th seat position. Being used as body fuel seems like a better use of my afterlife when faced with that.
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2015-07-03 at 11:14 AM.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post

"What is this 'Japan' you speak of? I have never heard of it before."
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

10. - Top - End - #400

Yes.

and that's why Ichigo's mother would have died is Isshin had not given up his powers to be used to suppress them.

That is also why, if the "White" Spirit inside Ichigo did have something to do with Jugo, Ichigo would have died the second it became active, because. Thus, it has nothing to do with Quincey's
    Well also remember this arc ****ing started with Hollows that were given Quincy powers by Bach and I seriously just remembered that, so maybe it's only certain types of Hollowness.
    Those were Arrancar, and they were only shown using bows. It's entirely possible that they were taught how to gather and manipulate reishi without actually giving them quincy powers.

Alternatively, any Quincy power they got would have come after they gained their hollow powers, and Arrancar are shinigami/hollow hybrids, and Ichigo gives precedence for either or both to negate the allergy.(Awoke his Quincy Powers last, and his hollow powers are combined evenly with his Shinigami powers)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yet, in my opinion, Ichigo doesn't have any normal Soul Reaper powers at all. His "So Called" Soul Reaper abilities from before this arc were in fact his Quincy powers. The "True" Soul Reaper powers are his hollow abilities, and his Soul Reaper essence balances out the two of them.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ichigo is a Soul Reaper and does have true Soul Reaper powers. The Old Man (Ichigo's Quincy Powers) suppressed them, but they are truly there. Ichigo's SR powers merged are merged with his Hollow powers though. We saw what he could do with those a long time back when HollowIchigo owned Ulquiorra.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

13. - Top - End - #403

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Yet, in my opinion, Ichigo doesn't have any normal Soul Reaper powers at all. His "So Called" Soul Reaper abilities from before this arc were in fact his Quincy powers. The "True" Soul Reaper powers are his hollow abilities, and his Soul Reaper essence balances out the two of them.
    No. This is wrong.

Ichigo does have soul reaper powers, inherited from his soul reaper father.

They combined with the hollow powers he inherited from his mother.

But, because Ichigo's Latent Quincy Powers wanted to be the core of his ability, they suppressed and tried to replace the Soul Reaper/Hollow Powers, and forced channeled them through themselves when Ichigo drew on them

So Ichigo has one Spirit representing his Quincy Powers and one Spirit Representing both of his Hollow and Soul Reaper Powers.

Remember how Ichigo's fullbring was more or less identical to his Zanpakuto abilities? That's why, becuase fullbring is Humans with hollow powers, and Ichigo's hollow powers are also his Shinigami Powers.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Ichigo has indeed got true Shinigami powers. The only thing unusual about them is that White, the Hollow that attacked Masaki, somehow became his Zanpakuto Spirit - so he was born without a "wall" between his Shinigami and Hollow powers, essentially making Shirosaki the personification of both Ichigo's Shinigami and Hollow powers.

That's why Getsuga Tensho was compared by Ulquiorra to an Arrancar's Cero Oscuras and why Ichigo can maintain Bankai indefinitely while any other Shinigami cannot (since his is more like a Resurreción, a release of his natural abilities).
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Ichigo has indeed got true Shinigami powers. The only thing unusual about them is that White, the Hollow that attacked Masaki, somehow became his Zanpakuto Spirit - so he was born without a "wall" between his Shinigami and Hollow powers, essentially making Shirosaki the personification of both Ichigo's Shinigami and Hollow powers.

That's why Getsuga Tensho was compared by Ulquiorra to an Arrancar's Cero Oscuras and why Ichigo can maintain Bankai indefinitely while any other Shinigami cannot (since his is more like a Resurreción, a release of his natural abilities).
    Huh. I never thought about it quite from this angle. Nice.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #406

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Also probably the reason why his Bankai manifests internally instead of externally (superspeed instead of a humongous samurai, hundreds of giant blades, an aura of heat that burns like the Sun, etc.).

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Well, Bazz-B survived the slash at the end of the last chapter, don't think he's going to survive much beyond the end of this one though. Arm lost and bleeding out.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Well, Bazz-B survived the slash at the end of the last chapter, don't think he's going to survive much beyond the end of this one though. Arm lost and bleeding out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    With that amount of flashback, I'm afraid that this is it for Bazz-B. His whole build-up as being one of the toughest/strongest quincy after Bach's elite appears as mostly a reference point on how strong Haschwalt is, compared to the shinigami.

19. - Top - End - #409

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh my god it's been so long in Bleach since someone had their arm cut off. I'm surprised at Kubo's restraint.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Its still a nice wrap up to consider the power levels that are going to be involved in the fights to come.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What is it about fire mages in Bleach always losing their arms? That said it's a different arm, left with the Captain Commander, right with the Bazz - B.

Bazz B if he wants to survive from a logical standpoint is either going to need to burn his own flesh to seal the womb similar to how roy mustang (assuming he does not die due to the burns itself due to shock. Or he needs zombie girl to patch him back together since she has that power including the reattaching of already missing limbs with the original or giving them a new limb from the corpse of a deceased.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2015-07-09 at 06:15 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

22. - Top - End - #412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is it about fire mages in Bleach always losing their arms? That said it's a different arm, left with the Captain Commander, right with the Bazz - B.

Bazz B if he wants to survive from a logical standpoint is either going to need to burn his own flesh to seal the womb similar to how roy mustang (assuming he does not die due to the burns itself due to shock. Or he needs zombie girl to patch him back together since she has that power including the reattaching of already missing limbs with the original or giving them a new limb from the corpse of a deceased.
    I only comment on typos when they're comical. Don't think he has one of those to seal.

As for the content...
    Spoiler
    Show
    He expected to lose and wanted it to hurt? Weird.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #413

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Giselle and Liltotto are dead I don't give a **** about this garbage ass manga anymore.

Sniper dude is sniping dudes, the stupid goopy man is fighting Kenpachi and Kagatsuchi and broke Kenpachi's arm with his nonpower that doesn't matter. Askin Nak Lavar thinks for even a second he actually killed Grimmjow.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

New chapter.

I don't give a **** about this garbage ass manga anymore.
    I stopped caring after Aizen to be honest.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    "What is this 'Japan' you speak of? I have never heard of it before."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Giselle and Liltotto are dead I don't give a **** about this garbage ass manga anymore.

Sniper dude is sniping dudes, the stupid goopy man is fighting Kenpachi and Kagatsuchi and broke Kenpachi's arm with his nonpower that doesn't matter. Askin Nak Lavar thinks for even a second he actually killed Grimmjow.
    Honestly, this felt like an interlude chapter between two fight sequences.

27. - Top - End - #417

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Honestly, this felt like an interlude chapter between two fight sequences.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's literally what it is, we're heading over to see Kenpachi fight the stupid blob thing.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

To be blunt, I'm not convinced we can take ANYTHING that Hat n Clogs has said at face value anymore, that dude plays things so close to the chest with lies/half truths/unrevealed information that without an explicit flashback I trust nothing that comes out of his mouth.

For all we know that pill was made from virgin menstrual blood and thousand year old lizard genitals and he fed them the line about the Hollows so they would eat it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

29. - Top - End - #419

Devil

i...i hate everything about this chapter.

Every. God. Damned. Thing.

i think i'm done with bleach.

30. - Top - End - #420

The only good thing in this chapter was the Gift/gift pun. Which was most likely unintentional.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight