New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach X: Deicide (this time for real)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    You now, there is at least one Fanfic were the War ended because Gin forged a marriage contract between Ichigo and Aizen...
    I was not aware of this. I kind of wish I wasn't honestly.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Rater no look what you've made me do.
    Spoiler: Evidence I should be banned from all human thought
    Show

Ichigo falls from the sky. The bullet from the X-Axis hit him, though he had managed to avoid the head shot. He can't see his friends but he can sense they're alright. But as he falls, the Soul King's Palace slowly fading away, he knows that as safe as his friends are, he's just as equally unsafe. He closes his eyes, wondering how he'll get out of it this time.

Thud. Ichigo doesn't open his eyes, afraid to see his body twisted. But then he hears a familiar voice. "Ah, Ichigo. I like the new outfit. Open your eyes, you're safe now...my friend."

Ichigo opens his eyes and finds himself in Aizen's arms. That crafty bastard, sitting in a chair soaring to the heavens on Reitsu. Ichigo blushes and looks away.

"Just because I understand you, doesn't mean I like you, Baka Aizen."
    I rater like the idea of Ichigo falling on Aizen.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #153

I was not aware of this. I kind of wish I wasn't honestly.
    Don't worry, it happens towards the end of a very long series of Crack
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I rather like having Aizen back in the story. He's one of the best characters in Bleach.
    I know, right? Sure nothing much happened but Aizen can make even that entertaining. At least, he can when he's being all hammy and smug
    Truth resists simplicity.

5. - Top - End - #155

I still want Chairzen to be a playable character in a Bleach fighting game.

6. - Top - End - #156

I still want Chairzen to be a playable character in a Bleach fighting game.
    This is a Bleach game I would actually buy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #157

A thought just occurred to me.

Does Ichigo ever indicate he likes someone? There are at least a few instances where someone more or less professes his/her love (Orihime->Ichigo, Rangiku->Gin, Gin->Rangiku, Rukia->Kaien, Aizen->Ichigo, etc.), but I can't think of Ichigo doing do.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #158

Spoiler
    Show
    Yet *more* people join the good guys!

And what a short amount of showtime for a baddie.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    So next two chapters will be the Fullbringers arriving, then four chapters after that will be getting the group to the palace where they will do precisely jack.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So next two chapters will be the Fullbringers arriving, then four chapters after that will be getting the group to the palace where they will do precisely jack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah, forgot about them.

We should take a quick tally of remaining good guys v. bad guys. (I'm using the term ``good guys'' loosely.)

For bad guys, we have... Yhwach, his right hand man, Ishida, and his elite 4?

Oooooh, maybe after Yhwach goes, Aizen becomes the main bad guy again.

Speaking of which, I found the line about being unable to kill the people in mugen interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Whoa, I actually liked this chapter despite not much happening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Probably Bazzbee. Dangit, dude just shouldn't die the generic villain death. He had more personality than the four dweebs up there with Ywhach.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Whoa, I actually liked this chapter despite not much happening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Probably Bazzbee. Dangit, dude just shouldn't die the generic villain death. He had more personality than the four dweebs up there with Ywhach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And that mohawk ;)
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #163

Spoiler
    Show
    I am happy this chapter happened because I have an enormous and inexplicable les crush on Liltotto. Giselle is also just extremely fascinating as a character because she's basically a Zombie Powder character who fell into Bleach and decided to continue having sex with corpses and being really just...weird as ****. Bazz-B is also just kind of cool in general I suppose.

Nanana Najakoop still has the best name though. I suppose his power, the Underbelly, lets him scan your Reitsu and then poison it?

14. - Top - End - #164

No Bleach this week!? Kubo sick again? Poor guy.

So, for an earlier question of mine which went by unnoticed (or at least, unrespondedto):

Does Ichigo ever indicate he likes someone? There are at least a few instances where someone more or less professes his/her love (Orihime->Ichigo, Rangiku->Gin, Gin->Rangiku, Rukia->Kaien, Aizen->Ichigo, etc.), but I can't think of Ichigo doing do.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Only a character from the Memories of Nobody movie Senna. But that's a non-continuity story.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    No Bleach this week!? Kubo sick again? Poor guy.

So, for an earlier question of mine which went by unnoticed (or at least, unrespondedto):

Naw it was just a break week for him, and no one seemed to really notice I guess. Also Golden Week is coming up soon oh man.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

This must be the next step in Kubo's exercise in plot progression speed. Instead of a week with a couple of pages' events, we get a week with no pages at all.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Banned

And then next week you do.
    And then the next week you don't.
    And then maybe the week after that you do depending on the whims of Tite and his weekly paycheck.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What do you mean there's no bleach this week? This week's chapter is perfectly on par with Kubo's many other chapters, as far as story progression is concerned!
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    What do you mean there's no bleach this week? This week's chapter is perfectly on par with Kubo's many other chapters, as far as story progression is concerned!
    Hey, epsilon is strictly bigger than 0.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

I just realized why we had 20+ chapters with the name deicide. I been reading the word as decide and not the real word used which was deicide (notice the extra I letter)

Both Deicide and Decide come from Latin but the change of one letter is a big deal

Decideis to come to a decision, to make a choice. This meaning was originally a judge pronouncing a sentence on a person. This meaning roots ies the Latin decidere "to decide, determine," from the rootsliterally "to cut off," from de- "off" (see de-) + caedere "to cut" (see -cide).

De I cide (Done for emphasis) meaning to decide is god killer as in Deus aka god and -cīda aka killer. Now the cida root has multiple meanings but to kill, slaughter, cut, are the main ones

Here is Wikipedia on the god killer meaning for the decide word has lots of religious undertones due to the Catholic Church using Latin as their prime language connected to their religion and the life, sentencing, death and resurrection of their god Jesus is one of the big deals for the catholic church (I am a agnostic and do not care about religion, these comments are not about religion but more of a history language discussion)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicide

Gin's zanpukto is also related for its name means sacred spear its shika's release is shoot to kill and its true bankai form is god killing spear. Just like Jesusm was stabbed by the holy lance also known as the lance of the roman solider Longinus. (Jesus was either near death and the stabbed him to put him out of his misery, or they thought he was dead and they just wanted to confirm so)

So now we have aizen one who became god soon going against Bach the literal some of god and with a name that means god (technically it is Ywach but I prefer Bach)
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I just realized why we had 20+ chapters with the name deicide. I been reading the word as decide and not the real word used which was deicide (notice the extra I letter)

Both Deicide and Decide come from Latin but the change of one letter is a big deal

Decideis to come to a decision, to make a choice. This meaning was originally a judge pronouncing a sentence on a person. This meaning roots ies the Latin decidere "to decide, determine," from the rootsliterally "to cut off," from de- "off" (see de-) + caedere "to cut" (see -cide).

De I cide (Done for emphasis) meaning to decide is god killer as in Deus aka god and -cīda aka killer. Now the cida root has multiple meanings but to kill, slaughter, cut, are the main ones

Here is Wikipedia on the god killer meaning for the decide word has lots of religious undertones due to the Catholic Church using Latin as their prime language connected to their religion and the life, sentencing, death and resurrection of their god Jesus is one of the big deals for the catholic church (I am a agnostic and do not care about religion, these comments are not about religion but more of a history language discussion)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicide

Gin's zanpukto is also related for its name means sacred spear its shika's release is shoot to kill and its true bankai form is god killing spear. Just like Jesusm was stabbed by the holy lance also known as the lance of the roman solider Longinus. (Jesus was either near death and the stabbed him to put him out of his misery, or they thought he was dead and they just wanted to confirm so)

So now we have aizen one who became god soon going against Bach the literal some of god and with a name that means god (technically it is Ywach but I prefer Bach)
    ... Right. Deicide with 2 i's.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

This chapter. This. @#$!. Chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh look. It's Kon. No one cares about Kon. Oh look, an attempt at humor. Oh look, Grimmjow. Not a surprise in the least. Cliffhanger. Keep dragging it out Kubo. Keep bloody dragging it out. Just absolute garbage. The Naruto Reboot was better than this.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigh

Spoiler
    Show
    So, two things to take away from the new chapter. #1: Panty shot of Yoirichi. #2: Grimmjow has returned. Beyond that, this chapter was quite the waste :-(.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: At least I can look forward to
    Show
    ...seeing Grimmjow and Bazzbee interact with, and by that I include attempts to threaten and kill, each other

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Sigh

Spoiler
    Show
    So, two things to take away from the new chapter. #1: Panty shot of Yoirichi. #2: Grimmjow has returned. Beyond that, this chapter was quite the waste :-(.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I too was going to comment on the fan service.

So... are Ichigo & co. still in SKP? Or did they fall all the way down to SS? From what I can tell, Yoruichi used like a grappling hook or something to hold them up and Inoue lifted them with her powers.

One thing I found interesting was what Ichigo said about using his reiatsu to make steps. Maybe it just takes a certain amount of relative strength? Like any old Shinigami can do it in the real world, but only really strong ones can in SS?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sigh

Spoiler
    Show
    Fanservice for the dudes, then Fanservice for the Ladies.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Sigh

Spoiler
    Show
    So, two things to take away from the new chapter. #1: Panty shot of Yoirichi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What makes you think she wears them?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What makes you think she wears them?
    We literally see a panty shot of them.

Anyway, Bleach chapter! Literally not one ****ing thing happens in this episode. It'd be a good 3 minutes of the anime, if it wasn't cancelled for the Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth spinoff comedy series.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Bleach 624
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions