New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIII: F5: Document Spirits F10: Summon Balepig, Keeper of Oaths

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    I keep getting distracted by my failing physical health and now cthulhu may or may not be eating the free will of my citizens.
    Ideally I'll have it up before dawn. Please forgive me...
    You are forgiven.

For now.

*enters coordinates for space laser*

You have until I have a targetting solution.

*steeples fingers* Tick tock.

(I ask mostly because this has happened at least twice so far with various events, sorry if I seemed pushy )
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIII: F5: Document Spirits F10: Summon Balepig, Keeper of Oaths

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Again though, I'll repeat no one but the An Nadur who failed miserably have looked into what the Order even is. The only thing that is definitive is the Watcher can speak through members of the Order.
    (DISCLAIMER - Underlining added by me.)

Well I have a score of twelve this time!
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, no, there is the Faith option. the Tyranny's lack of a high faith score isn't a system issue. The RAW was more or less intended for precisely this situation.

You can round em up this round if you want and then military holy war/exterminate them next round if that's what you want to do. Again though, I'll repeat no one but the An Nadur who failed miserably have looked into what the Order even is. The only thing that is definitive is the Watcher can speak through members of the Order.

EDIT: @ Moos, rumors of mind infiltration =/= confirmed mind control. As stated, it can speak through members of the Order and IC, much like OOC demonstrations here, rumors and tall tales run rampant. The Tyranny's belief regarding the Order is just that, the Tyranny's belief. As stated above, no one but the An Nadur have researched the Order.

I also never said a call has happened
    Thus the Makgrull's stance of "has anyone tried talking to it?" is justified; as well as opening up diplomatic channels to find out exactly how conversion occurs.

@Doom - Please let me know if your open letter changes away from "causing death". The Makgrull would still write a response, but the tone would change.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    Sorry, but this religion seems over powered. I don't believe any of ours can mind control subjects. I demand an explanation!
    And I still want an explanation for my Doges turning to gold. I ain't getting one, I have to investigate, because that's how the round openers work: stuff happens in your region, and you figure out how you wanna react to it.

And finally:

I assume that this means mind control or something very close to it.
    To be honest, we have no idea. I've assumed this as well, but we have no proof.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Updated Project Tables

Waylander we are at odds on the Relic Weapon count.

Logic we are at odds on the Aerial Academy.

Murgen & Morph So you're aware, Diamondhead appears to only be 1/2

Snow Can you find me the other actions for Codex Expansion?

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And I still want an explanation for my Doges turning to gold. I ain't getting one, I have to investigate, because that's how the round openers work: stuff happens in your region, and you figure out how you wanna react to it.
    I know, but mind intrusion as a means of conversion seems really awesome and I want it. Why? Because reasons. No further questions.

To be honest, we have no idea. I've assumed this as well, but we have no proof.
    Still, we should totally kill the elder god.

EDIT: I updated my actions with some more stuff on the modified Dragon Cult. Also, I may have miscounted my luck score as well.
    Last edited by moossabi; 2015-03-29 at 05:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

I know, but mind intrusion as a means of conversion seems really awesome and I want it. Why? Because reasons. No further questions.
    As far as we know, the Watcher's religion works in exactly the same way as any other religion mechanically. Fluffwise it's just spread telepathically instead of face-to-face or with pamphlets or whatever, given that that's how the Watcher communicates. I don't know if anyone has tried peaceful reconversion of the Watcher's followers but there is as yet no reason to suspect that wouldn't work.

The Watcher does give every impression of being bad news, but I would suggest that if the Cree feel the need to kill her followers in their region that speaks to their feelings about religion in general at least as much as it does anything about the Watcher. There is, I think, more than a little of the "look what you made me do" in the letter sent out.

I might also suggest that if the Watcher were a PC, then on past form the Cree response would likely be considered a severe overreaction, and I wouldn't be surprised to see half the world queuing up to defend her.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be killed, and indeed have been mildly surprised OOC that she's been tolerated this long. But it's worth keeping our hair on OOC and stepping back to consider what's actually going on and how much we actually know about that (not very much) before calling shenanigans or the like.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2015-03-29 at 05:26 PM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Logic we are at odds on the Aerial Academy.
    Looking at my actions, it seems I have spent 5 actions on it, in posts #971 (round 34 actions), #1004 (round 35 actions), #1044 (round 36 actions), #1055 (round 37 actions) and my most recent post of #1114 for round 38. It appears I credited myself with (2/5) complete in both #1004 and #1044.

If that is not the mistake, then we need to figure out what else there is to do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    As far as we know, the Watcher's religion works in exactly the same way as any other religion mechanically. Fluffwise it's just spread telepathically instead of face-to-face or with pamphlets or whatever, given that that's how the Watcher communicates. I don't know if anyone has tried peaceful reconversion of the Watcher's followers but there is as yet no reason to suspect that wouldn't work.

The Watcher does give every impression of being bad news, but I would suggest that if the Cree feel the need to kill her followers in their region that speaks to their feelings about religion in general at least as much as it does anything about the Watcher. There is, I think, more than a little of the "look what you made me do" in the letter sent out.

I might also suggest that if the Watcher were a PC, then on past form the Cree response would likely be considered a severe overreaction, and I wouldn't be surprised to see half the world queuing up to defend her.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be killed, and indeed have been mildly surprised OOC that she's been tolerated this long. But it's worth keeping our hair on OOC and stepping back to consider what's actually going on and how much we actually know about that (not very much) before calling shenanigans or the like.
    But it is Cthulhu. And all I did was express my desire to gain telepathy. Who doesn't want telepathy?

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

But it is Cthulhu. And all I did was express my desire to gain telepathy. Who doesn't want telepathy?
    I don't. I'm still working on ice mages.

BTW, did we ever decide on whether or not D10s can refresh your once-per-ruler actions? In particular, C5s?

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

I find it interesting that you call it she.

Not really sure if it's a she, he, it, or, Yphine forbid, a "xhe" of some sort, but it is interesting to see what people view it as.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

I find it interesting that you call it she.

Not really sure if it's a she, he, it, or, Yphine forbid, a "xhe" of some sort, but it is interesting to see what people view it as.
    I view it as a male.

Because if it's female, there's a chance it can reproduce asexually.

And then we're all screwed.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I view it as a male.

That would indeed be terrible.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

I view it as a male.

In the last thread where we tried to talk to the watcher eggs were mentioned, and it was implied pretty heavily that it was female and had laid them all. So... there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

BTW, did we ever decide on whether or not D10s can refresh your once-per-ruler actions? In particular, C5s?
    The GM Team has not yet decided on it, so at present, it does not refresh once-per-ruler actions.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Panshén is wrapped up in the political fabric of the Imperium to an extent, I think it's unlikely that in the short to medium term at least it's going to spread too far outside the Imperium unless it's as a precursor to bringing in new territory, although if foreigners did want to convert they wouldn't be turned away. The "heretical" religions are therefore only likely to become a problem if they spread within the Imperium - which some of them already have, as it happens.
    CoK missionaries look around nervously while going about their business.....

Religions with no relation to Panshén or its founding beliefs were not considered for heresy, though, just on the basis of whether they could be tolerated.
    CoK missionaries wipe the sweat from their brows....
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Murgen, Elemental, Doom, and Kasa: do you mind if I Fluff my heir apparent studying in your schools for a year or two each?
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    Murgen, Elemental, Doom, and Kasa: do you mind if I Fluff my heir apparent studying in your schools for a year or two each?
    I've got no problem with that.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Not at all. The University of Galomyr is open to all. Not like that stuck-up Institute for Creative Minds in Guilder.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Not at all. The University of Galomyr is open to all. Not like that stuck-up Institute for Creative Minds in Guilder.
    Ashenite universities are stuck up and open to all, so you get both!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ashenite universities are stuck up and open to all, so you get both!
    Meanwhile, I don't have a university yet.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Looking at my actions, it seems I have spent 5 actions on it, in posts #971 (round 34 actions), #1004 (round 35 actions), #1044 (round 36 actions), #1055 (round 37 actions) and my most recent post of #1114 for round 38. It appears I credited myself with (2/5) complete in both #1004 and #1044.

If that is not the mistake, then we need to figure out what else there is to do.
    I think that's it. Which means your post for this round should be 5/5 completed.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, I don't have a university yet.
    Actually, once I start building an empire wide school system I'll want you to throw some actions at it representing the Valasharix branch.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    Actually, once I start building an empire wide school system I'll want you to throw some actions at it representing the Valasharix branch.
    Got it. And once we have a news corporation, it will be totally biased.

(Sorry, I was watching Fox news)

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

You have no idea.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    You have no idea.
    Is there a such thing as a news corporation that isn't biased? That was rhetorical you

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Is there a such thing as a news corporation that isn't biased? That was rhetorical you
    No, but they can at least try.

Me, I'm gonna have my news networks report that evidence was created by the cis white patriarchy and doesn't actually prove anything.

And then dedicate themselves to making s#@$ up.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

There have already been dolphin-folk training at the Institute... Figured you should know that.

Also, Guilder has worked with a number of different nations on technology-based projects, more than any other nation I'm willing to bet.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

It is ok, I think! Foreign Exchange Program can be created during [A Midsummer Knight's Festival].
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

I forgot to mention! Elemental, Kasanip and Zabbarot, please look at my actions concerning the railroad treaty. I'd like to draft a real treaty, but if you guys get to it first, I don't mind.

You attend the first Academy I built, but skip the one remaining in my own lands! This is an outrage! Celero will not be treated like a third world nation!
    Last edited by Logic; 2015-03-31 at 12:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.