New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,424 of 1424
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - He of the Long Wait

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, thanks. I know I'm asking a lot but I think of it more as taking an active role in my character's development. Rather than be reactive and follow a traditional path of 'take quest, kill enemies, collect loot, find new quest', I'm trying to be proactive and make the game react to me.

I'll come up with some goals and drop them onto my character sheet where you can take a look and approve/modify.
    Edit: Sheet updated, it's under feats and special abilities, on the right. Let me know if any should be tweaked or if there are any obvious ones on there I've missed.

"That means I can come back on Saturday, right?" Katoerian said, "I'll bring an item then."

Katoerian left the guild and headed to the law office to inform them the guild of starlight and shadows would be conducting a background check in preparation for admission to the guild as they had advised. He asked if they thought they could be of help at his hearing with the city council, and whether such service was covered under his retainer fee.

He also asked if they'd made any progress towards finding out if his member's only club idea had merit.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-04-27 at 06:07 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: DM ruling
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    He then went to find his uncle Brom Kestrel, the husband of his father's older sister Endora.

Spoiler
    Show
    Brother-in-law – Brom Kestrel age 52 City Magistrate. Brom is a decent man, but he also knows how to play the game of politics. Sometimes, the law must look the other way for the greater good. He is a magistrate, but his administration can be slanted by the regional lords and barons. The two forces assist each other to ensure the smooth operation of the city. Although he is balding and his dirty blonde hair is peppered with gray, at 6’4”, his frame is still very imposing.
    I'm going to have to veto that family member is a magistrate thing, as it specifically deviates too far from established canon. plans, I'm sending you the relevant links via Skype.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2016-04-27 at 05:24 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No problem Riz, do you want to look through the rest of the ones I sent to Planswalker previously and make sure they're okay? I'll modify my previous post for Plans to reply to.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

"That should suffice." the clerk says.

At the legal office, your lawyer says, "While I would encourage you to have a representative from our firm present to advise you, you will be expected to answer for yourself at the meeting. This service is indeed covered under your retainer at no extra cost and we are pleased that you now recognize the value of what you have enlisted with our service."

"As for the background check, we have anticipated that such would happen and are doing our best to ensure that the Guild doesn't discover anything incriminating from your recent troubles. However, it may be beyond our ability to suppress the fact that you recently were investigated for the Docks incident, and I'm afraid it would be highly irregular for you to bring a lawyer to a guild induction. You will need to be prepared to defend yourself on that one without our direct aid. Now then, are there any specific pieces to your early past that might come up in their search which we need to modify before they find it? Keep in mind that a background that is too clean would look highly suspicious, so there is a limited amount we can sway things."

"Ultimately, this is a city where its day-to-day business is run by guilds, organizations, and affiliations of powerful individuals. We recommend that you settle up your current legal issues, get yourself into a stable income position, and ensure that the last of the legal issues from the Docks incident have been resolved before you try a venture of that sort, but there is nothing about its nature which legally couldn't be achieved."

Spoiler
    Show
    indeed, your kind of pc is my favorite kind to dm, tbh. It takes more effort, but you and a couple others like you are a big part of the reason why AVB has been such a vibrant setting for over five years.

btw... I seem to have lost my link to your sheet. Please shoot me a pm with a new link and I'll try saving it again in a better spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

"Excellent," Katoerian said, " I would be glad to have your counsel at the city council meeting on my license approval."

"Early past, I don't think so... What kind of things do you think would come up in a guild interview, how should I defend myself?"

"How long do you think it will take to resolve the legal issues around the docks?" he asked, "any news on that front?"
    TC for short

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

"As long as there's nothing in your past such as 'I accidentally killed my younger sibling while playing in a well' or 'my brother is a raving lunatic we keep locked in the barn', I'm sure your glib tongue will see you through the interview as well as can be expected. If you were a little more inclined to follow procedure, you would make a good lawyer yourself."

"For now, the investigation continues, and the detective in charge seems to be genuinely interested in finding out if there is a culprit to hang this on rather than it being an unfortunate accident. However, the nobility is calling for a swift conclusion to this matter, and they won't be satisfied unless someone is put on formal charges for this incident. You likely will be called upon to give formal testimony on every aspect of your involvement within the week, and I would not recommend you say a word during the interview until you've cleared it with me, who will of course accompany you the entire way. By the way, for that interview, do be sure that you can be visibly seen accompanying me the entire way. You look much less guilty when you're not trying to hide."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

"Absolutely," Katoerian said, "has there been any word from the PI?"

"Frankly speaking, what are the odds of avoiding unpleasantness arising from the interview," he asked.
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

"He reports that, while a certain 'Fama' seems to want you to be pinned for the disaster, she is doing little work to fabricate the evidence it would take for a hard conviction, and neither is she hiring the kind of legal muscle it would take to overcome our firm."

"Unpleasantness in the interview is likely unavoidable, to be frank. You are inextricably linked to the events the day before the disaster struck, and some amount of suspicion has been cast your way no matter what we do. However, provided that your payment from the Woodworkers doesn't leak out, the best they have against you is hearsay and suspicion. Instead, the blame is likely to end up coming down on the Watch for not patrolling far enough out to prevent the dam in the first place, and that is a matter unrelated to you."

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmm, if she was found to be fabricating evidence, that would cast doubt on her word," he said, "keep have him digging, he might find something or see something to discredit her."

Katoerian nodded.

"Nothing to do now but wait, I suppose," he said, "is there anything else I should know?"

If there is nothing, Katoerian continued his stakeout of the teegs, and slept in his rope trick room and checked in with the law firm each morning. He did this for two days, finding out where each of them lived.

Then he met up with Listle ahead of their appointment with the bardic college. While they couldn't sign a contract, they could still make a demonstration.

Spoiler
    Show
    The infodump request is on my character sheet in the character flaws box
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-04-29 at 09:50 PM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    just a gentle nudge, to make sure I haven't been forgotten.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    you haven't been forgotten, I've just been pretty sick and haven't had the energy to get creative.

still not 100% healthy, but I'm on the other side of the worst.

"I believe that is all."

Your scouting pays off and you now know where each of the Teegs likes to crash for the night when they're done with their rowdiness.

The law firm reports nothing new, although they do promise that they will contact you should anything needing your attention arise.

Listle joins you for the meeting and says, "Well, cousin, how have you been keeping yourself lately?"

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

"Been busy, here, take these," he said, passing her the chronocharm of the horizon walker and the vest of resistance, "I'm going to add the horizon walker to my cloak and I have an upgraded vest, so you can hold on to them for the time being."

"Listen, if things don't go well with the licensing, due to these legal issues, you'll have to apply in my stead," Katoerian said, "in the meantime, ready to impress another guild?"

Katoerian entered their appointment and prepared to sell benefits again.

Spoiler
    Show
    suck, hope you recover more fully soon.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-05-05 at 11:00 PM.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, I'm back for now. At least until the meds I'm taking to counteract the side-effects of the other meds I was on have their own side-effects that take me out again...

You make your scheduled appointment on time and find yourself seated at the center of a small auditorium where perhaps two dozen guild members face you. An elderly human on the front row seems to be leading these proceedings, as she begins by asking "Who comes before us seeking membership in the Guild of Starlight and Shadows?"

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tell those meds to stop being lazy and start doing their job. :p

Katoerian has appointments with both the bardic college and the guild of starlight and shadows today, so we can start with the starlight guild first. Infodump from Listle never came from you, maybe we can wing what Katoerian knows of these people, or give him some kind of bonus for doing his research on the people who he needed to impress.

Katoerian entered, having cleaned himself up using the gloves of prestidigitation, wearing the clothing befitting of his station.

"I do, Katoerian Shun of House Shun," he replied.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-05-11 at 05:24 PM.
    TC for short