New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Allison has the key of kings -- the one true key, not a weaker partial copy like the demiurges have. Allison is a noob but she has a potential for greatness much stronger than any of the demiurges. Mottom recognized this and wanted to get Allison to side with her, to sympathize with her, to become her padawan in a way, and that's what the whole deal was about.

But ALL-YIS-UN did not sympathize with Mother Om, she called her on her self-pitying bullcrap and destroyed the source of her eternal youth. Now Mottom has gone into the "anger" phase of grief. Note that for now she still isn't trying to kill Allison, her plant attack, while hurtful, only seeks to immobilize Allison's limbs. She's probably try another tack in her attempt to get Allison to work with her. It probably still won't work anyway.
    Last edited by Gez; 2016-09-17 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    I still don't fully understand what Mottom had wanted from Allison when she took her to the butt-peach tree. Mottom expressed fear and panic about having to sustain the empires that were leeching off of her, and about having to keep sacrificing women to the husband tree in exchange for fruits of youth which were working less and less. She was scared of death, either being consumed (figuratively or perhaps literally) by the horde or by just withering away as the fruits stopped working. But she wanted Allison to take it over, all Mottom's power and prestige? And if Allison did, then either Mottom would be cast into obscurity and killed by anyone with a grudge, or simply be denied access to the butt tree and die anyway. And if Mottom was accepting of that, then why not just stop eating the fruits and age away? I just don't get what her desired outcome was.
    I think her desired outcome was for Allison to officially take her position and she'd just to go off on her own and live forever indulging her personal desires. She hates that she's forced to scheme and plot and fight against Jagganoth when she could be throwing fancy parties and gorging on delicious foods.

She doesn't want to fight a war. She wants to go off and eat/drink/party until the end of time.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that Mottom's offer was legitimate and that she meant what she said (although whether she'd have been able to make herself go through with it is another story.)

None of the Seven are happy, I think. We know Jadis wants to die. It's not particularly surprising that Mottom would be looking for a way out.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    We know Jadis wants to die.
    Really? We do?

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Really? We do?
    Yep. From the author's Tumblr:

Q - What does Jadis even want anymore?
    A - Very sincerely: to die.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    Yep. From the author's Tumblr:
    Oh ok, so we don't know that.

(The amount of "information" gleaned here from third party sources, like the author's tumblr... iunno, man. Not into it. Especially not with the tone of "well of course" it tends to be spoken of, like it's obvious.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2016-09-19 at 12:39 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post

(The amount of "information" gleaned here from third party sources, like the author's tumblr... iunno, man. Not into it. Especially not with the tone of "well of course" it tends to be spoken of, like it's obvious.)
    Plus, he mentioned he is a consummate liar.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post

Well, word of god is enough for me. No different from when The Giant says something in the forum about OotS.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    Well, word of god is enough for me. No different from when The Giant says something in the forum about OotS.
    Same here. A write-up by an author is usually about as solid a fact as you can get regarding a piece of literature.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the author intends for the story to have a mythical feel. Hence the large amounts of lore dumped in odd places which people can sometimes imperfectly recall. We're supposed to have conversations like these.

Anyway, new offering.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or is Cio riding on the top of an airship's mast?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or is Cio riding on the top of an airship's mast?
    No, it's not just you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to see Allison was able to at least break herself free.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    No, it's not just you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to see Allison was able to at least break herself free.
    No, she's definitely on the mast of some variety of ship.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh my god, you know what this means?

Cio, White Chain, and Allison are going to get to be dimension-hopping Hell pirates!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Cio, White Chain, and Allison are going to get to be dimension-hopping Hell pirates!
    Maybe. And Cio definitely has some kind of plan, but I'm having a really tough time seeing what she could possibly have done that doesn't involve Mottom shredding her instantly.

Unless she's about to reveal how she stole the last Key and rips it out of Mottom's forehead? Actually yeah, that could work.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    No, she's definitely on the mast of some variety of ship.
    She's a fanfic writer. She can find a ship anywhere
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    She's a fanfic writer. She can find a ship anywhere

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Bwahahaha!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Time Bandits?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

New Offering!

Spoiler
    Show
    The ship has a name!

I love Mottom's expression in the third panel.

Also, it looks like several characters are coming back! Is that Princess I see with the pipe? And I think the other woman is the one Allison saved here?
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-09-23 at 09:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

New Offering!

Spoiler
    Show
    The ship has a name!

I love Mottom's expression in the third panel.

Also, it looks like several characters are coming back! Is that Princess I see with the pipe? And I think the other woman is the one Allison saved here?
    Haha yeah that expression is priceless. It just screams, "You MUST be kidding"

I also think you're right on both counts regarding the passengers. You can see the distinctive mane and quadruple horns and he's even smoking Vladok's old pipe, its definitely Princess.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

New Offering!

Spoiler
    Show
    The ship has a name!
    Spoiler
    Show
    It does? Can't see anything written.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It does? Can't see anything written.
    See Alt text.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hey! It's *takes deep breath* Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna Esquirrrrrrrre.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Oh hey! It's *takes deep breath* Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna Esquirrrrrrrre.
    PMMJJDTTFMBL Esq. for short.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Panel 1 - QUEEN OF SEVENTH OF INFINITY
    Panel 3 - Grumpy Cat.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Panel 1 - QUEEN OF SEVENTH OF INFINITY
    Panel 3 - Grumpy Cat.
    So what's the name of the ship? Neither of those is it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    So what's the name of the ship? Neither of those is it.
    The Yamga. It's the alt-text for the page.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    The Yamga. It's the alt-text for the page.
    Oh. I still don't see it, maybe because I'm on a tablet. Oh well, TY for the info.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well... it's time to run away. I'm curious who's ship she is. The demon figurehead suggests the Yamga is either Oskar's (who was last seen rocking a sweet pirate look) or Princess... Esquire's, who seems to be manning some kind of tiller.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    Well... it's time to run away. I'm curious who's ship she is. The demon figurehead suggests the Yamga is either Oskar's (who was last seen rocking a sweet pirate look) or Princess... Esquire's, who seems to be manning some kind of tiller.
    I think the appropriate answer to whose ship it is would be, 'Cio's now'.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!