New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Just a random thought: Grab one of Mammon's own guards to use as a "sacrifice."
    You can even tell yourself that "he would have died anyway" (because you'd have had to fight him while working on the lock).

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
    You can even tell yourself that "he would have died anyway" (because you'd have had to fight him while working on the lock).
    Not a bad thought!

Mind you, they haven't yet come across any in Mammon's service, quite possibly by design. By fridge logic, the door may also be able to determine who is supposed to be there, and may possibly ignore the sacrifice.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Aight we back in business people!

Given the previous exposition about the maze, this is pretty much what I was expecting on the other side of the door.

I'm also expecting some kind of spectacular troll like the real pathway to the treasure room is to enter the labyrinth and immediately turn around and go through the door you just came through (which now leads to deeper into the fortress).

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

As a fan of M.C. Escher I wholeheartedly approve of this locale.
    Truth resists simplicity.

5. - Top - End - #845

Looks a little like Hellraiser 2.

Spoiler: Large-ish Picture
    Show

But mostly Yay! We're moving again! :D
    Spoiler: Worst PC Concept Ever
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar14 View Post
    I came up with a master ninja with a robotic arm that is simultaneously both a vampire and a werewolf. He is the first of his clan in a thousand years to master the Warp Blade technique, which allows him to bend space-time to his will. So in addition to being a cyborg werewolf vampire ninja, he's also a time traveler and functionally immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    ...kinda sounds like Samuel Haight got sent to the world of Rifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    And we have a new winner!

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    Looks a little like Hellraiser 2.
    The same thought occurred to me -- not that I consider it a bad influence.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
    Word of YISUN is that the guards are pretty tough, so it might not be that easy.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

White Chain is, as always, quickly making friends.
    Truth resists simplicity.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    White Chain is, as always, quickly making friends.
    Sexy friends.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Loving the echoes of Juggernaut here.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mother Om makes her return to Throne. And seeing that her entire palace has ridden the lightning to nearby the party, instead of using a Kings Gate, I wonder if someone recognized her, or if someone in The Heritc’s Court (or Badstar) has informed.

Although Nadia could have just deduced it herself that Alison would attempt a Yre infiltration since she was the one who gave her Zane’s location.
    Last edited by Tom Tearcamel; 2017-10-09 at 07:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

If Nadia sees war with the other demiurges as inevitable, it'd make sense for her to make the first strike in hopes of catching the others off their guard.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

The correct response from White Chain should be: "Oh, ****".

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like its pretty obvious that Mottom is going to bust in the Vault chasing Allison, and Incubus is going to use the Key powers to kill her, which will reveal his presence to Cio and White Chain and kick off the next story arc.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I feel like its pretty obvious that Mottom is going to bust in the Vault chasing Allison, and Incubus is going to use the Key powers to kill her, which will reveal his presence to Cio and White Chain and kick off the next story arc.
    I feel it's pretty obvious that nobody was able so far to see that Incubus presence totally controls Allison. Alli will need to break out by herself, but preferably after finishing the dungeon crawl.

Now about Mammon... how dead is this dragon already?

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Seems like we have K6BD doing a little riffing on Inside Out.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2017-10-12 at 09:43 AM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As an Inside Out reference, I like how Joy looks more hopped up on pills than genuinely happy.

But... I think the color-coded Allisons are more likely the sinful parts of her personality personified.

I think that Incubus has infused her aspect of lust, given it a greater knowledge of will magic and put that part of her mind in full control of her actions. I don’t feel he’s Mind Controling her directly.

Now the usually conscious Allison is chilling with her aspects of Wrath, Sloth, Greed, and Envy; that she’s naturally feeling in this circumstance. She’s not feeling Gluttonous or Prideful so they haven’t manifested.

At least that’s my read on the symbolism.

On another note, the Dungeon Crawl Montage was spectacular.
    Last edited by Tom Tearcamel; 2017-10-12 at 04:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    On another note, the Dungeon Crawl Montage was spectacular.
    It's best montage since Rocky.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    I think that Incubus has infused her aspect of lust, given it a greater knowledge of will magic and put that part of her mind in full control of her actions. I don’t feel he’s Mind Controling her directly.
    I'm dubious about the Seven Sins connection. Yes, they're obviously part of the initial design, but at the same time, none of the Seven have really lined up well with their obvious sin - in fact, many of them specifically line up with a different sin.

Mottom, for instance, who was obviously set up as Gluttony? Her sin seems to be closer to tristitia, despair.

We haven't gotten many details on Mammon yet, but so far he's shown a lot more Wrath or Pride than Greed (his backstory implies that it was wrath or pride, not greed, that made him kill his own kin.)

Incubus' driving motives seem to be envy or vanity, not lust.

Jadis was broken as a result of pride and currently suffers from despair, not sloth.

We don't really know anything in detail about Jagganoth, Gog-Agog, or Solomon.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2017-10-13 at 01:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #860

KSBD 7-84 : The Once And Future King
    Spoiler
    Show

Did Incubus trigger the emotion switch over, I wonder, or was the fact Allison was thinking negative thoughts enough to make her "ambition" self take over for survival?

I wonder how this squares with the willpower addicts we see in Incubus' pit?

Are they all like Alison, with their full selves locked in their head, or is Allison a special deal? Does the ambition withdrawal occur because the subject can't feel any of the emotions associated with ambition self even when back?

Also "Once And Future King" sounds like we're also looking at the mind of "Kill Six Billion Demons".

Finally Will seems so important in this universe, it's interesting to see how the struggle to overcome your own Will/Ambition works.
    Last edited by Doran; 2017-10-14 at 03:25 AM.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    KSBD 7-84 : The Once And Future King
    Spoiler
    Show

Did Incubus trigger the emotion switch over, I wonder, or was the fact Allison was thinking negative thoughts enough to make her "ambition" self take over for survival?

I wonder how this squares with the willpower addicts we see in Incubus' pit?

Are they all like Alison, with their full selves locked in their head, or is Allison a special deal? Does the ambition withdrawal occur because the subject can't feel any of the emotions associated with ambition self even when back?

Also "Once And Future King" sounds like we're also looking at the mind of "Kill Six Billion Demons".

Finally Will seems so important in this universe, it's interesting to see how the struggle to overcome your own Will/Ambition works.
    Frankly I wouldn't trust a single word Incubus says at this point.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #862

Spoiler
    Show

Normally, I'd agree, but a struggle against her own will and/or flaws is much more interesting then simply kicking Incubus out of her mind, or psychically beating him to a pulp.

Both Alisons might have the power of the Key making it a battle of imagination.
    Last edited by Doran; 2017-10-15 at 09:12 AM.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Actually i would trust Incubus to rarely lie directly. And certainly not in this case. It does indeed make for a lot less interesting story if it only were common mindcontrol.
    If it, like it seems, instead is Allisons darker side who have been allowed to surface and take over, then it really will make for a much deeper tale about overcomming yourself and your personal flaws.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

24. - Top - End - #864

RedWizardGuy

Incubus may not be lying per se, but I kind of doubt that's a natural aspect of Allison's mind. She developed split personality awfully quickly and it looks a little too much like Incubus to only be her own repressed desires.

Incubus knows that the prophecy is real, and we know that it involves his demise. Maybe he hopes to work around that by converting Allison into Incubus Jr?

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

Although I have to say I find Incubus' expression in panel 5 (the beat panel) to be HILARIOUS. He's thinking something along the lines of, "Dafuq, is she taking drugs that I didn't give her?"
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-10-14 at 11:34 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

26. - Top - End - #866
    Colossus in the Playground

Nice observation from the comics: the emotions have the same colours as the types of devils.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Incubus may not be lying per se, but I kind of doubt that's a natural aspect of Allison's mind. She developed split personality awfully quickly and it looks a little too much like Incubus to only be her own repressed desires.

Incubus knows that the prophecy is real, and we know that it involves his demise. Maybe he hopes to work around that by converting Allison into Incubus Jr?
    Even if he did, it doesn't seem likely that he'd want to spring the trap this early.

I think what happened was something like this: Incubus empowered Allison's ambition as per their agreement. When Allison objected to the door-sacrifice, she was going against her own ambition, and because her ambition was hopped up on Incubus-power to the point where she couldn't control it, this caused her "self" to split off. Incubus didn't intend that and didn't realize Allison would change direction so quickly - he expected her to be drunk with power and to go around smashing stuff (as he explained to Jagganoth, that was his real plan here.)
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2017-10-15 at 10:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Even if he did, it doesn't seem likely that he'd want to spring the trap this early.

I think what happened was something like this: Incubus empowered Allison's ambition as per their agreement. When Allison objected to the door-sacrifice, she was going against her own ambition, and because her ambition was hopped up on Incubus-power to the point where she couldn't control it, this caused her "self" to split off. Incubus didn't intend that and didn't realize Allison would change direction so quickly - he expected her to be drunk with power and to go around smashing stuff (as he explained to Jagganoth, that was his real plan here.)
    Hmm.. i dont think Allison is that special. Empowering people like this is what Incubus does. I dont belive this isnt something he has not seen before, or predicted might happen.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #869

RedWizardGuy

The latest.

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like Allison is ready to take the fight to her inner sociopath. But it sounds like she'll lose access to Incubus's help if she wins.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    The latest.

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like Allison is ready to take the fight to her inner sociopath. But it sounds like she'll lose access to Incubus's help if she wins.
    Yeah I'm still convinced this whole thing is Incubus' plan at work. Funny how he was too busy to pay attention to the situation of the person central to his entire plan, and just when Allison demands his help he has an Important Meeting and can't help her.

I mean seriously if this were a date that would have been his buddy with an Escape Call.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!